Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    edited August 2023
    If anyone can get a reservation at the omakase, I’ll pay lol 

Which place? I might have a contact in Philly. But I know how to order LOL.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Perfect Chilean summer lunch! Romaine lettuces boiled potatoes, avocados, Fried veggies patties and the star of the meal Chilean abalone my cousin is visiting she brought me a jar of them! They are incredible nothing like it in the world 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Well done Jose!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,955
    josevolution said:
    Perfect Chilean summer lunch! Romaine lettuces boiled potatoes, avocados, Fried veggies patties and the star of the meal Chilean abalone my cousin is visiting she brought me a jar of them! They are incredible nothing like it in the world 
    Looks great! I’ve never had abalone. I will have to try it sometime. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    josevolution said:
    Looks great! I’ve never had abalone. I will have to try it sometime. 
    It’s really hard to find here in the northeast it’s a Pacific Ocean sea food I was lucky that my cousin was able to bring me a jar from Chile but any chance I get to have it I jump on it..
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,488
    Looks very delicious 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,319
    It's high time cream of wheat stops taking a back seat to oatmeal.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Looks good!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    It's high time cream of wheat stops taking a back seat to oatmeal.

When I was a kid I loved cream of wheat with copious amounts of milk and sugar. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    edited August 2023
    It is good with lots of different stuff.  Bananas, berries, maple syrup, nuts, cinnamon....so many options.  Sometimes just a pat of butter does well.
    As my old Italian grandpa used to say "Farina sticks to your ribs."  Sucker had that or eggs and zucchini for breakfast most days.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,858

• Options

• Options

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    Heck yes!
  • Options
    Loujoe said:

Simple yet so good I bet 
  • Options
    Great flavor. Pork green chile. Never made it before. Adds ground cloves which I would not have thought of. Mainly followed recipe but added lime juice to the pot (I think that helps tenderize the pork) and tomatoes. Also grilled the onions. All that charred stuff just tastes so good. Did not peel the skin off the peppers. Impressed myself. Yum.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:

Wow! That looks great. But no cilantro for me please. I am one of those people that thinks cilantro tastes like soap. 
  • Options
    Some Toro just came in from Hawaii. 

Gonna fuck shit up the next 2-3 days.
    4 pieces but the larger two I separated for a better shot.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,604
    Whoa whoa whoa. Where is this from? Need after pics too 
  • Options
    Our favorite place in HI.
    I'm sure there will be plenty of pics.  Only sadness is I didn't get to booze store for a load of sake and put in the fridge.
    It'll taste not quite as awesome w.o, but will still be awesome I'm sure.
  • Options
    One if those flash sales they text on that sell out in 2 mins.  First time I got one
    $89

Can you believe that?!!
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Jeeeesus. I need to pay more attention to those!

that’s awesome dude 
  • Options
    Was bad with the pics...too excited about eating.  Super heavy toro.  Wife thought it was too much, she usually like medium toro.
    I loved it.
    The last round, for today:

• Options
    Fuck yeah 
  • Options
    That is insane looking! Must of been really good 
  • Options
    Simple raviolis with home made tomato sauce from my garden! Fresh Italian bread and tomatoes with fresh mozzarella fresh basil also from my garden! So simple yet so much satisfaction 
  • Options
    Well done^^^beautiful 
  • Options
    Yeah that looks great.  I want to try the sauce!

A few more from tonight.

Son wanted Mac n cheese roll.  Lol.  It wasn't bad.  Not sushi, obviously,  but not bad

And this was the last round I made.  The sashimi was even better with these pieces.  Was like butter.

• Options
    Artists. Very nice
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,932
    All looks amazing guys! 
    That $89 toro special is amazing. Did it a few weeks ago.