Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,931
    Nothing else to do but smoke....ribs in about 6 hours. I'll be back.....
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    Looking good!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    6.5 hours complete on the smoker. BBQ sauce and finish on grill later.
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,604
    Amazing 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Yeah my mouth is watering thinking about those ribs! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I think they came out solid. Started to fall apart taking them off smoker rack.

I'll take another picture and post once I sauce & grill.
  • Options

Please please stop 😋 what you having with them? I’m thinking mac&cheese , potato salad, coleslaw damn I’m hungry for some😄
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Please please stop 😋 what you having with them? I’m thinking mac&cheese , potato salad, coleslaw damn I’m hungry for some😄
    Wife is making cornbread muffins. Potato salad.

We havent fully embraced the south yet, but getting there.

Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • Options
    Red beans and rice and fried chicken. The south knows what’s up 
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

When I smoke ribs I always make KFC style slaw from top secret recipes.  Mom's macaroni salad would be good, but Mom isn't around.  
    Store-bought slaws and salads are bulllllshit.

Good looking ribs brother, fall-apart is the way to go.  The "experts" say no, but they are hillbougie bullshitters.  If they aren't fall-apart then the relatively poor quality of rib meat is exposed and you are left chawing on various connective tissues.  When you smoke them for 6hours, no such problem.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

When I smoke ribs I always make KFC style slaw from top secret recipes.  Mom's macaroni salad would be good, but Mom isn't around.  

Good looking ribs brother, fall-apart is the way to go.  The "experts" say no, but they are hillbougie bullshitters.  If they aren't fall-apart then the relatively poor quality of rib meat is exposed and you are left chawing on various connective tissues.  When you smoke them for 6hours, no such problem.
    Yeah, I completely agree about ribs that dont fall apart. If that's not your goal, then no real reason to take the time to slow cook them on a smoker.

I moved down south from Boston two years ago and got into smoking from my nieghbor. Doing a duck tomorrow for pulled duck tacos. 

Good call on the slaw. Normally, I'd go make a run to the store. Considering I'll likely be in line all night, that will have to wait until next time.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Yeah, I completely agree about ribs that dont fall apart. If that's not your goal, then no real reason to take the time to slow cook them on a smoker.

I moved down south from Boston two years ago and got into smoking from my nieghbor. Doing a duck tomorrow for pulled duck tacos. 

Good call on the slaw. Normally, I'd go make a run to the store. Considering I'll likely be in line all night, that will have to wait until next time.
    I happen to love KFC's slaw... mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice...damn, I need so smoke some pork.  Smoked duck sounds good, too.  
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

I happen to love KFC's slaw... mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice...damn, I need so smoke some pork.  Smoked duck sounds good, too.  
    I just looked that recipe up. I may give that a try next weekend. That's for the advice man! 

The smoked duck is badass. Poultry skin tends to be rubbery after it's been smoked. My wife will pan fry the skin after to make crispy/chichirones while I pull the duck. 
  • Options
    Last one....time to eat! Other rack  split in half when I started saucing
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

I just looked that recipe up. I may give that a try next weekend. That's for the advice man! 

The smoked duck is badass. Poultry skin tends to be rubbery after it's been smoked. My wife will pan fry the skin after to make crispy/chichirones while I pull the duck. 
    I just pull the skin, it takes up too much smoke anyways half the time.  Gets acrid, you know?
    I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me raise some meat birds again this year, I love smoking my own birds.  She doesn't like seeing them waddle around all freaky-like.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Fuckers, we're drooling over here!

Crispy fowl skin is the best.

Ever had a well-done chicken butt?
  • Options
    Pulled smoked duck tacos, as promised....
  • Options

• Options
    Fuuuuuuuuuucking a!!!!
  • Options
    Red beans and rice 

• Options
    Red beans and rice 

Solid choice of beer!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    Very nice guys!
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,838
    edited March 2020

Gettin' my Eggplant Parm on.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    eddiec said:

Gettin' my Eggplant Parm on.
    Looks delicious!
  • Options
    ^^^Looks fantastic! 
    I don't do eggplant because zucchini grows better and the taste/texture difference is negligible, but damn if eggplant fruits aren't gorgeous.
  • Options
    Wow that looks great - you consistently post good eats on here!
  • Options
    Great cooking guys this weekend we’re not going fancy, just pork chops w/potato & salads..
  • Options
    Vegetables getting a bit of color before they go in to roast....

• Options
    Vegetables getting a bit of color before they go in to roast....

Nice mix goes good with anything! 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    And, this is what happens when you order instacart and select (3) bunches of Bok Choy instead of Baby Bok Choy.
    The first bunch went into the roasting pan under the turkey breast I am roasting....this is just two bunches.
    Gonna be eating a lot of Bok choy for a few days
    Odd angle but that is my large d.o.