Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Damn that looks great
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    The boys across the street have cleaned everything in their house and they are bored.  I love it when they are bored.  Yesterday afternoon, I got a call that they were making us beef stroganoff and NY style cheesecake.  So very delicious!  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    eddiec said:

I'm definitely on a Korean kick lately so I made Bulgogi last night. I used pork shoulder- sliced it into thin strips and marinated for a few hours.
    God damn, man.  That looks good.  Impressive presentation too.
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    eddiec said:

I'm definitely on a Korean kick lately so I made Bulgogi last night. I used pork shoulder- sliced it into thin strips and marinated for a few hours.
    Man, that looks amazing! Well done
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    That really does look good.  I wish my Asian cuisine game was stronger.  The sauces, oh the sauces.  
    Savory, sweet, and spicy; together in bold concentration, (is a semicolon appropriate or should that be a comma?) is the flavor profile that most rocks my world.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    Because I posted this elsewhere it really should be shared here too.  These two items were a staple in my single living for years.  When you pair the Tapatio w these burritos it was happiness for my taste buds.  All time favorite here.
    Beef  Bean Frozen Flour Burritos 8  El Monterey
    tapatio hot sauce

• Options
    Also I know I have shared it before but this is Dexter Hollands Hot Sauce.  It is frigging fantastic.  He's the lead singer from Offspring.

Give it a shot.  It's my go to hot sauce now.  Great flavor to it.
    Amazoncom  Gringo Bandito Hot Sauce Green 5 Ounce Pack of 4
  • Options
    Big ol' order coming today.

Bunch of different cuts of chicken, pork chops, skirt steak, sausages (smoked and fresh), ribs, shrimp, salmon, cod....oh and a small leg of lamb. Also a ton of veggies. YOU NAME IT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB9FrK2jMs4
  • Options

Bunch of different cuts of chicken, pork chops, skirt steak, sausages (smoked and fresh), ribs, shrimp, salmon, cod....oh and a small leg of lamb. Also a ton of veggies. YOU NAME IT

Cliffy see if you can find a cut called "Tri-tip".  You'll never eat that cut of Skirt ever again.

People!  I can't recommend Tri-tip enough!!  Get on this train!!!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470

Cliffy see if you can find a cut called "Tri-tip".  You'll never eat that cut of Skirt ever again.

People!  I can't recommend Tri-tip enough!!  Get on this train!!!
    I'll 2nd that about the tri-cut
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    My regular butcher has tri tip and I dig it.  Skirt steak will be used for a steak salad or something along those lines.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    If you haven't had a flat iron steak I highly recommend it!  Usually cheap too, because it's not well known.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Message from local fishmonger who has an online shop:

I ordered a few. Picking them up tomorrow. Lobster is expensive here- it's a different variety than the Maine lobster and it is pricey. I ordered some fresh Galway Bay prawns as well. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    What did they cost and what are they costing now?

How large are the prawns?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    What did they cost and what are they costing now?

How large are the prawns?
    Depending on the market price, it normally costs around 25 euro for a decent size lobster. They're being sold for 11 euro each. I'll weigh it when I bring it home.

Prawns average size:

Post edited by eddiec on
  • Options
    Damn that is pricey, thanks.
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    Message from local fishmonger who has an online shop:

I ordered a few. Picking them up tomorrow. Lobster is expensive here- it's a different variety than the Maine lobster and it is pricey. I ordered some fresh Galway Bay prawns as well. 
    Lobster.  An expensive way to eat butter.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    If you haven't had a flat iron steak I highly recommend it!  Usually cheap too, because it's not well known.
    Get the tri tip instead, I'm tellin ya.
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    I had tri tip for the first time last year in Palm Springs, it was good! I can’t seem to find it here.
    Here’s the tiny turkey I cooked for dinner:

• Options
    I have one of those in the freezer that will come out soon.
  • Options

• Options
    No chicken?

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    eddiec said:

That looks so good enjoy it! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    No chicken?

Wasn’t an option. They’re only doing donuts, unfortunately 
  • Options
    Ah, bummer
  • Options
    Protein is stocked up

• Options
    Nicely done
  • Options
    Pizza Night.
    Basic Margherita to start. That's Tigger, the King, on his throne in the background.

Then roasted peppers and olives. 

And Fresca. One of my favourites. It's cooked in a Sicilian tray with Mushroom, zucchini, tomato and onion.

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    eddiec said:
    Pizza Night.
    Basic Margherita to start. That's Tigger, the King, on his throne in the background.

Then roasted peppers and olives. 

And Fresca. One of my favourites. It's cooked in a Sicilian tray with Mushroom, zucchini, tomato and onion.

They look beautiful!  Yes please on pizza 1 and pizza 2.   
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Wow those are beautiful - you have a great presentation in the dishes you share.
    That last one, especially.

(I would put them back in for a few more, I like a bit of char.  Fuck, I want pizza now.)