Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,931
    Made paella tonight, having my usual vodka martini to start..
    Damn, that looks delicious!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Holy balls, Jose, that looks amazing!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    I’m not gonna front this paella is slamming I wish I could treat everyone of you guys to taste it! One day one day.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I’m not gonna front this paella is slamming I wish I could treat everyone of you guys to taste it! One day one day.
    On motherfucking point, Jose!

This Cuban joint in my hometown, El Habanero (RIP), would require a 24-hour advance notice for a paella order. They went out and caught enough that night to start fulfilling the next day’s orders with the freshest seafood that they could personally vouch for. I think at one point they finally needed to hire extra cooks/fisherfolk. I miss that place. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    On motherfucking point, Jose!

This Cuban joint in my hometown, El Habanero (RIP), would require a 24-hour advance notice for a paella order. They went out and caught enough that night to start fulfilling the next day’s orders with the freshest seafood that they could personally vouch for. I think at one point they finally needed to hire extra cooks/fisherfolk. I miss that place. 
    lol thanks man I really wish I could make that happen, just all of us sitting around a giant table eating and talking enjoying everyone’s foods 🙏
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Yeah, you just knocked it out of the park.  That looks banging.

Have never tried making paella.  Someday...

• Options
    Yeah, you just knocked it out of the park.  That looks banging.

Have never tried making paella.  Someday...

You can do it it’s all about the ingredients and good recipe! You’re at table too 👍
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Whoa, Jose! I had paella once in Spain and this looks a million times better. 

I can only imagine the taste. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Whoa, Jose! I had paella once in Spain and this looks a million times better. 

I can only imagine the taste. 
    Ah thanks I’d love to be your waiter & serve you ! It’s my favorite thing to do cook and serve. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I can make a mean paella, but I haven't done so in nearly 20 years. I even own a paella pan. I also used to make a good Cuban-style chicken noodle soup. The last time I made these things was actually the first time I invited my now-wife over to my place for dinner. I should break out the old pan and see if the kids will eat paella.

I need a large kitchen, though. I'm a goddamn disaster when I cook. That's why I've migrated to the charcoal grill outside. I could conceivably make a paella on the grill -- just have to be careful that the saffron doesn't scorch.

:pensive:    
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315

This woman was recently banned from a Facebook group I’m in. The group’s name: Homemade Italian Recipes. 
    Her crime: arguing too vociferously with another old lady over the other old lady calling her family’s sauce gravy. 

Hahahaha

By the way, there’s about a 60% chance you’re gonna see another picture of Grammy’s Gravy in a couple days. This time with meatballs!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Made paella tonight, having my usual vodka martini to start..
    Good god almighty that looks amazing
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    My old mans sauce/medegon gravy. Passed 9 years ago this week. Recipe holds up 

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Nice stuff!
    Hopefully it is a happy time of remembrance.  
  • Options
    Looks like you did him proud!  The best thing my dad made was German potato salad.  Not my usual preference, but it was the shit (in a good way).
  • Options
    My old mans sauce/medegon gravy. Passed 9 years ago this week. Recipe holds up 

Nice I’m sure it taste as good as it looks 👍
  • Options
    It’s a beautiful recipe. My old man was eventually a stay a home dad and dedicated his time to volunteer work. He hosted a monthly spaghetti dinner with this exact recipe for hiv patients. 20 or so people on a monthly basis in the 90s and early 2000s.
  • Options
    It’s a beautiful recipe. My old man was eventually a stay a home dad and dedicated his time to volunteer work. He hosted a monthly spaghetti dinner with this exact recipe for hiv patients. 20 or so people on a monthly basis in the 90s and early 2000s.
    Sounds like he was a good man. 
  • Options
    That’s beautiful of your dad to have done that! 
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Was a good dude
  • Options
    Braised lamb shank over white bean purée 
  • Options
    The gravy was good tonight, assholes

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Braciola? Looks good
  • Options
    Oh yeah, great gravy!  
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    That paella looks amazing, is it served over rice or just as its made?

The other day I wanted a burger, fast food after a golf range session. I saw a Checkers so I said I'll try them and ordered a burger, double with bacon, oh they charge for lettuce and tomato. After finishing I said out loud now that's the BEST fast food burger I've ever had.

It really is better than any other, any of you know a better burger joint? I'm in South Florida.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:
    That paella looks amazing, is it served over rice or just as its made?

The other day I wanted a burger, fast food after a golf range session. I saw a Checkers so I said I'll try them and ordered a burger, double with bacon, oh they charge for lettuce and tomato. After finishing I said out loud now that's the BEST fast food burger I've ever had.

It really is better than any other, any of you know a better burger joint? I'm in South Florida.

Peace
    Made it with yellow rice but I’m sure it would be great with pasta too!!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Sometimes I wish to live where I could get good, authentic Thai food...then again, I'd hate to live somewhere where I couldn't hear the Spring Peepers from my deck.  I doubt there are many place where you can have both 🤔
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Everything in this thread turns to shit.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Everything in this thread turns to shit.

:lol:

Reminds me of someone we know who is critical of bid spending on meals.....that is a lot to pay for shit!