Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    At least you’ll be regular :lol:
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    This is true!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    I made Chicken Buldak tonight. (Didn't take a photo.)
    The NYT did a write up of Maangchi's recipe and praised it. It's worth watching even if you don't make it. I leave out the red paper flakes as I find it spicy enough with just the Korean Pepper paste.
    https://youtu.be/T9uI1-6Ac6A
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Fuck me running. I am making that asap.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I really like her - but I fear for her fingers in many of her videos- and this was one of them.  I don't have great knife skills but feel like it is only a matter of time before she takes a finger in one of her tapings.

That shit looks banging.
  • Options
    Have done well getting food. The Italian market in Philly is open and my butcher does curb side pick up.

Starting to feel like chopped up in there though. You have these random things now make dinner. Have done pretty well. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I hear ya on the Chopp'd thing, Cliffy!

Last night's dinner: red lentil pasta w/homemade sauce (yeah that's right, SAUCE), side of butter peas, and cottage cheese.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Cottage Cheese -- that is a polarizing food.
    I enjoy it -- but only in one fashion if more than a small scoop, which I seem to be OK with most any time.
    The one way I love it?
    Kinda whack, but get some rye bread...toast the shit - not too far down the toast street...I want it to still have a little give.
    Put on a thick layer of the CC.
    Slice in half.
    Eat.

That shit is good. 

Acceptable alternative to cut up some fresh stuff and mix with the chee before putting in the sammy.  Spinach is a good choice. 

Tonight it is pork tenderloin.  May bake a few apples with it.
    Closing out the previously cooked vegetables from this week and my wife cooked another batch of cabbage last night.

Took some oatmeal raisin cookies the boy and I made a few months back out of the freezer. 

Gonna put on a few lbs because of this lockdown.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    I’m not eating as healthy as before, but no weight gain. 

I just miss and need that fresh produce!

Still, small potatoes (haha). 
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Cottage cheese is the only kind of cheese I don't like. 
    Just tastes like milk.  
    Unfortunately, I don't really like milk.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    I agree on milk.  Will use in cereal on the occasion to speed bowl.  Will use in recipes, but to drink a glass of it?
    Oh, hell no.  It is disgusting, to me.

• Options
    I agree on milk.  Will use in cereal on the occasion to speed bowl.  Will use in recipes, but to drink a glass of it?

👍👍👍 Glad I'm not the only one!
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    eddiec said:
    I made Chicken Buldak tonight. (Didn't take a photo.)
    The NYT did a write up of Maangchi's recipe and praised it. It's worth watching even if you don't make it. I leave out the red paper flakes as I find it spicy enough with just the Korean Pepper paste.
    https://youtu.be/T9uI1-6Ac6A
    I saw this yesterday and decided to make it.

Fuck me if I didn't buy "rice cakes" like any normal human would...  I didn't know there was a "Korean rice cake".  I just threw rice in to the dish and let it cook like that.

It came out good.  I would use less mozzarella and honey next time and up the pepper flakes and just add rice to the dish to soak up all that flavored goodness in the pan.

I'm still irked about buying fucking rice cakes that weren't the right ones...
  • Options
    rgambs said:

👍👍👍 Glad I'm not the only one!
    Well, I’m having a small glass of 2% right now. Every morning, in fact!  So there 🥛!
  • Options
    Made a coffee cake this morning...
    Leavened with yeast, so it is more like bread than cake.  
    Very good.

• Options
    Get that soy sauce outta there!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Mom told me that I would not drink milk as a baby.  At 6 weeks, she switched me over to Cream of Wheat.  I have always, always hated milk. I had my first glass of milk a few years ago because I was desperately trying to kill a dreadful bout of heartburn after eating a stuffed jalapeño.  It was as gross as I thought it would be and . . . it didn't help the heartburn that much.    

We (the kid and me) decided that we needed cake. Put it out to cool, but so windy that I needed to pin the table to keep it from flying. 

Chocolate bundt cake. Delicious. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Bundt cake - nice!
    Hedo, ha.  Used leftovers to make pork fried rice for lunch, was using the soy with it.  ;)

• Options
    You anti-milkers!  What the hell do you eat with chocolate cake?

I absolutely love milk.

Half a glass of 2% every morning with breakfast.  It's doing this body good ;)
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Um, hot tea or Diet Coke works just fine. :lol:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    The answer for me is simple - vodka

(What do you drink with anything?)
  • Options
    hedonist said:

I absolutely love milk.

I wouldn't dare drink ANYTHING with chocolate cake!  And not for at least 10 minutes after, either.  You don't wash away that goodness, you savor it as long as it lingers.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

I absolutely love milk.

Yeah I agree with this. I grew up on milk, gave it up for maybe 15 years but since I have had a kid, dove right back in head first.

Randomly, I really like milk on a hangover. A small glass to coat the insides. Might sound crazy but does me some good 
  • Options
    Made a coffee cake this morning...
    Leavened with yeast, so it is more like bread than cake.  
    Very good.

This looks good!
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Get that soy sauce outta there!
    What is wrong with some liquid salt?!
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    The answer for me is simple - vodka

(What do you drink with anything?)
    ^^^ Me, before I gave up alcohol :lol:

Cliffy, as with no alcohol, no high sodium anymore.  Even the light stuff is heavily-dosed, dammit!
  • Options
    Yeah, Soy Sauce....damn, I like salt (a lot) and get creative with many types while cooking but the one time instacart brought the standard soy sauce instead of the low sodium I about shit.  Far too salty for most things.
  • Options
    Yeah, Soy Sauce....damn, I like salt (a lot) and get creative with many types while cooking but the one time instacart brought the standard soy sauce instead of the low sodium I about shit.  Far too salty for most things.
    Yessss food brothers!  Both don't like milk, both love salt!
    I put so much salt on my food it has occasionally grossed people out.  I read somewhere about a genetic component to salt preference one time...I like salt so much that I don't fuck with salt shakers, I shake directly from the Morton can. 
    It makes sweet sweeter, it makes savory more savory, it makes everything better.  
  • Options
    Hahaha.  My brother salts his food before he tastes it. I at least taste it before adding salt, but I normally want to.  (Almost always)

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837

I'm definitely on a Korean kick lately so I made Bulgogi last night. I used pork shoulder- sliced it into thin strips and marinated for a few hours.