The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I’m in for 1 and 3 :)

(hello, Tigger!)
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Wow those are beautiful - you have a great presentation in the dishes you share.
    That last one, especially.

(I would put them back in for a few more, I like a bit of char.  Fuck, I want pizza now.)
    I know. But I never get char when I cook in my kitchen oven. Dough is thoroughly cooked, just lacking that char.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    Yeah those look good. Good stuff
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    eddiec said:
    Wow those are beautiful - you have a great presentation in the dishes you share.

(I would put them back in for a few more, I like a bit of char.  Fuck, I want pizza now.)
    I know. But I never get char when I cook in my kitchen oven. Dough is thoroughly cooked, just lacking that char.
    What temp do you cook at?
    (Ever toss a thermometer in your oven?)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    edited April 2020
    eddiec said:

What temp do you cook at?
    (Ever toss a thermometer in your oven?)
    I usually go about 500. My oven goes higher, but I tend to go NY style which cooks at lower temp than Italian style, hence no char.
    I have a thermometer, and my oven is relatively new, and pretty accurate. 

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    Cool, was curious.

None that I make or cook look as good as those!
  • Options

Boneless leg of lamb. Mustard, Olive oil, garlic, rosemary and lemon rubbed all over it 
  • Options
    I'm doing a beef roast tonight....but wishing for lamb or pizza.  :lol:
  • Options
    Not a god damn thing wrong with a beef roast 
  • Options
    No...no there isn't.

• Options

• Options
    Looks great!
  • Options
    Looks great!
    The beef looks better. I overcooked it a bit. Medium +. Was still great but would have been better taking it out a good bit earlier 
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Best almonds I ever tasted.
    Silva Regal Spanish Marcona Almonds Sea Salted 46 Oz - Walmart

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Well, it IS the queen of almonds =)

Seriously, they look damn good. 
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Peanuts > almonds.

There, I said it. 

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930

Our sushi spot is closed, and so is my fish guy, so this is next best option. Highly recommend and super fresh. Sashimi and sushi pics to come
  • Options

Our sushi spot is closed, and so is my fish guy, so this is next best option. Highly recommend and super fresh. Sashimi and sushi pics to come
    Hoooooooly shit. I need to do this.  Is this the 3 pound guy on the site?  If so, tell me what to do with 3 pounds...I feel like it would be a waste to freeze any of it but a pound and a half of sushi for my wife and I seems aggressive....TELL ME WHAT TO DO
  • Options
    Looks like I have a half hour to order and get this on Friday....worth it, right?
  • Options

Hoooooooly shit. I need to do this.  Is this the 3 pound guy on the site?  If so, tell me what to do with 3 pounds...I feel like it would be a waste to freeze any of it but a pound and a half of sushi for my wife and I seems aggressive....TELL ME WHAT TO DO
    Yes, do the 3lb Ultra (thats what mine is). I will PM you what to do with it, too much to type here. But, I have you covered. DO NOT FREEZE IT!!!!!!!

We do sushi/sashimi one night, then I'll give you recipe for poke and poke nachos. Then, spicy tuna gyoza. You'll be eating ahi for a few days, but it will be a nice change of pace.
  • Options
    PERFECT. Ordered! AHHHH. Day made. Yes, freezing it was an amateur comment.  Wife was saying she wanted some great seafood for Good Friday and we deserve a treat, so fucking boom.

Please do send.
  • Options
    PERFECT. Ordered! AHHHH. Day made. Yes, freezing it was an amateur comment.  Wife was saying she wanted some great seafood for Good Friday and we deserve a treat, so fucking boom.

Please do send.
    PM sent. You will not be disappointed bro. Defiantly a great treat. Not something your ordering every week, but we do it a few times a year. Quality is insane.
  • Options
    Ahi nachos for dinner. Forgot to take pic of the sashimi. Will do that tomorrow.
  • Options
    Drooling at that. Really nice job. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Wow man that is fucking spectacular.

I ordered a treat as well, from goldbelly.
    Ordered Tony's Pizza Napolenta.
    Needed a food treat with no restaurant action for a month.
    3 pack of gluten free and 3 pack regular.

Goldbelly is a sweet site....anyone ever do this?
    https://www.goldbelly.com/tonys-pizza-napoletano

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    Ahi nachos for dinner. Forgot to take pic of the sashimi. Will do that tomorrow.
    I am fucking pumped. think I have everything I need being delivered tomorrow 
  • Options
    Wow man that is fucking spectacular.

I ordered a treat as well, from goldbelly.
    Ordered Tony's Pizza Napolenta.
    Needed a food treat with no restaurant action for a month.
    3 pack of gluten free and 3 pack regular.

Goldbelly is a sweet site....anyone ever do this?

I've never seen that site, gonna go check it out now. Looks pretty awesome. Thanks for the tip!!
  • Options
    Lots to pick from.  Expensive way to eat but with the lockdown it is a cool idea.  Sending some to friends as well.
    If you want to do it let me know as I get $50 free for referring 2 buyers. ;)
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    Corona Filets tonight

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I call everything Corona.  Glad I'm not the only one with the gallows humor working now....