Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Speaking of, what’s your favorite kitchen tool or product?

Dutch oven may be mine 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Cast iron skillet #1

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    D.O. may be second.... although this is fucking awesome, for the price:

Certainly best As Seen on TV product 👌

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837

Would love one of these, but not ready to drop 450 bucks on it.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ^Juggler Chicken Parm on Zucchini Noodles with Grammy’s Gravy

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    You make all that deliciousness then ruin it with zucchini noodles over delicious pasta!
  • Options
    I like zucc noodles, although of course there is no denying that pasta would be better. 
    That stated, that looks really, really, good.  Granny's Gravy might be the most serious look in a very serious looking dish.  Nice!

And the Carbonite Han Solo?  That is awesome!
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Blame the wife for the zucchini....but it is tasty. 

FMe....the gravy is a meal in itself. I fucking love making it and eating it. This was actually frozen leftover from the last time I made it a couple months ago. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    That ain't gravy! :nuh_uh:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Nice!
  • Options
    (And blaming the wife always works...)
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    The hell it's not. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    The hell it's not. 
    Fightin' words lol

All gravies are sauces, not all sauces are gravies.
    Gravy is a sauce of thickened meat drippings.  Tomato sauce is sauce, even if it's thick.
    https://matadornetwork.com/read/sauce-gravy-debate-italian-american/
  • Options
    Gravy 'round these parts.  People will not bat an eye if you use either descriptor.

• Options
    Here in Ohio, almost everyone calls the median a "curb strip"...they are wrong though 😜
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312

Love it bro specially with the red vino! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    The hell it's not. 
    Fightin' words lol

Gravy is a sauce of thickened meat drippings.  Tomato sauce is sauce, even if it's thick.
    Fella,
    What you see there is a gravy whose recipe has been handed down through three generations of Italians (possibly four, now that I think of it). There is ground beef in it in the picture and it also had short rib in it originally (I made it a couple months back and froze the leftovers....after finishing off the short rib).

Thanks for your interest though!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    This is in no way a double entendre, but I have a feeling Juggler's gravy is outta sight.

The kitties and dogs ones aside, I'm a sucker for this thread.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    The hell it's not. 
    Fightin' words lol

Fella,
    What you see there is a gravy whose recipe has been handed down through three generations of Italians (possibly four, now that I think of it). There is ground beef in it in the picture and it also had short rib in it originally (I made it a couple months back and froze the leftovers....after finishing off the short rib).

Lotta eye-talians would argue that is not gravy. That is similar to my family’s sauce, which the Italian dagos call bolognese but won’t refer to it as gravy.  I have no opinion. Never been as confused as I was in 2006 when my wife invited me over for gravy. I go along with it now 
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    The hell it's not. 
    Fightin' words lol

Fella,

Lotta eye-talians would argue that is not gravy. That is similar to my family’s sauce, which the Italian dagos call bolognese but won’t refer to it as gravy.  I have no opinion. Never been as confused as I was in 2006 when my wife invited me over for gravy. I go along with it now 
    Those people would be wrong. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    This is in no way a double entendre, but I have a feeling Juggler's gravy is outta sight.

The kitties and dogs ones aside, I'm a sucker for this thread.
    Hey oh
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    The hell it's not. 
    Fightin' words lol

Fella,

The Italians are wrong about Italian food?
    🤣🤦‍♂️

It ain't gravy, but it looks phenomenal and I would be glad to eat it, even if I had to call it gravy to do so.  I suppose.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    The hell it's not. 
    Fightin' words lol

Fella,

🤣🤦‍♂️

It ain't gravy, but it looks phenomenal and I would be glad to eat it, even if I had to call it gravy to do so.  I suppose.
    Italians like my family? Oh, they're right. Trust me.

And you're not having any if you call it sauce. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    The hell it's not. 
    Fightin' words lol

Fella,

🤣🤦‍♂️

You have family in Italy that calls it gravy?  I didn't think that was a thing.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    The hell it's not. 
    Fightin' words lol

Fella,

🤣🤦‍♂️

You have family in Italy that calls it gravy?  I didn't think that was a thing.
    I only know one relative in Italy currently because of Facebook....and I can confirm she calls it gravy. If it has meat in it, it's gravy. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    How would people from Italy call it gravy when there is no Italian word for that? Most definitely not a word from Italy 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Paulie Walnuts calls it gravy =)
  • Options
    How would people from Italy call it gravy when there is no Italian word for that? Most definitely not a word from Italy 
    Ask my Aunt Emilia. She speaks English too!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Paulie Walnuts calls it gravy =)
    “Gravy’s good tonight” —Uncle Junior
    chinese-happy.jpg