Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,929
    What’s everyone’s foods of choice for the big game tonight ..
    Empanadas 
    Italian cold antipasto 
    chicken wings
    Tuna tartar 
    good cold beer I think I’ll go with Pacifico’s 
    Chocolate cake to finish me off tonight lol I’ll be in a food coma by halftime ...
    I have wings going (smoking a few pounds, air frying a few pounds).
    Scallops & Bacon
    Wife made buffalo chicken dip
    Lots of beer and she is currently making strawberry keylime pie. Pictures to come later! 

He’ll yeah when can I stop by , I can bring some empanadas or tuna tartar 😛
    Haha, I'd take you up on that Tuna tartar! Come on down
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Chicken wings, buffalo shrimp, guac and a veggie tray. Nothings crazy but will do the job. 

Baking the wings and shrimp. Always comes out solid 
  • Options
    Some solid menus going 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    edited February 2020
    I'm solo tonight for the game, but I cooked a chunk of pork shoulder in a Le Creuset with tomato sauce for four hours. All shredded now and simmering away to thicken the sauce a bit. I'll have that with Rigatoni, lots of Pecorino cheese and a bottle of Salice Salentino. For halftime I plan on a prosciutto platter with mozzarella cheese, tomato and basil. (Guess I'm eating a lot of pork tonight.)
    Game doesn't start until 11:30pm here in Ireland which is rough, but I'm off tomorrow. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    1st up cold Antipasto.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    edited February 2020
    Nice, Jose. I'm lovin' those artichoke hearts.
  • Options
    1st up cold Antipasto.
    Looks good brotha! Hopefully you have a beer out of the frame 😁
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    edited February 2020
    Jose that looks grinding.

Almost all prepared...chili is ready, crab salad is chilling, cheese/cured meat/smoked salmon platter in the fridge.  Crackers/bread/rolls/grated cheese/peppers, sour cream, etc all prepped to go with the other stuff.  Just need to do the very minimal work around skrimp tacos that my wife wanted and the mac n cheese & pigs in a blanket that the kid wanted.

Kinda regretting not making my guac & fresh tortilla chips but that is enough and will allow me to obsess on the game properly.

Cleaning out my traditional SB drinking vessel (Das Horn) for the many (many) cold Coors Lights I will be drinking over the course of the next 6-7 hours. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Buffalo chicken dip, menu's all look great fellas!
  • Options
    I changed my mind and made seared blackened tuna w/avocado & honey apricot mustard sauce ..
  • Options
    I changed my mind and made seared blackened tuna w/avocado & honey apricot mustard sauce ..
    Looks great! 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    In the days I could eat that, would I ever!  With a wasabi-ginger vinaigrette.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    In the days I could eat that, would I ever!  With a wasabi-ginger vinaigrette.
    Good call I gotta try it next time! 
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    Birthday cheesecake 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Ohh yeah!
    Happy Birthday!
  • Options
    Egg omelette & fruit salad to begin the weekend! 
  • Options
    Ceviche, ready to put in the container, stir, and refrigerate for a bit until tomorrow evening 

Was more careful with the peppers this time....last time my hands were tingling for days.

• Options
    :flushed: <-------- me drooling.
  • Options
    Spicy!
  • Options
    Looks a helluva lot better than the debate =)
  • Options
    Book and a booze, after.  Fuck the debate

• Options
    Opened up this morning, cut up some skrimps to add...stir them in and back to the fridge!

• Options
    Opened up this morning, cut up some skrimps to add...stir them in and back to the fridge!

Love ceviche! That looks awesome I’m making a Peruvian ceviche this weekend..
  • Options

Share pics!  (Curious in process as well)
  • Options

Share pics!  (Curious in process as well)
    Will do!
  • Options
    There are few things in life I find more enjoyable than browning meat. Veal shanks browning before a nice braise 

• Options
    The Dutch Oven does it all!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Dutch Oven!!! 
    Beef and noodles over the fire for dinner, then scrub it out with boiling water and put it in the coals for easy cobbler before going to sleep in the tent.  Fond childhood memories for me, future memories for my boy.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Cast Iron, of course.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options