Options

Lost in the Lottery - I AM PISSED!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    Trixie said:

wall05 said:

Shit happens. Deal with it. Some of you people sound so entitled in here it's crazy.

Entitled? No, just expecting tickets to the one and only show I can attend which is why I'm in the Club in the first place. The fact that they've changed the rules to a lottery system is what I can't swallow. The last time I had a chance to see PJ was three years ago and I won the fucking lottery, however, my point is I've now paid $150 since then and have gotten nothing. Does no one on this forum get this? Even the fact that they now renew our memberships without us having to actually do anything should've been a sign that this so called Club has clearly lost its way (i.e. if I forget to cancel my membership, they keep getting my money). Wake up people. Seniority now means jack shit and that is the ONLY reason any of us are in the fucking Club in the first place. DEEP and Christmas single (which doesn't even show up until mid-summer and usually fucking broken) ain't worth $50 a year.
    "Does no-one on this forum get this"?

Theres a reason why you cant see that others aren't getting it. Its called fairness and equality.

When demand is greater than supply the only fair way to give everyone a chance to win tickets is to have no hierarchy just because of age of membership.

Ive been going to live shows, since 1980 and never will that give me any more right to receive tickets to any show that I want to attend.
    Ive chosen to join 10c but it doesn't give me anymore right to a ticket than others that have joined since then.,

Did you care about others when you luckily got tickets for PJ shows? When you fully understand that you'll be able to answer you own question.
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    edited January 2016
    I won tickets in the first hour for PJ20. I was so excited and beyond myself b/c I have a good number so I knew my seat was going to be awesome...well, nope. I was 3rd row at PJ20...the last 2 seats all the way left of stage. All I saw was amps and speakers and piles of gear. Every so often I got a glimpse of Ed. It was a huge bummer. It's what I was given and we just shrugged it off and danced and had a great time while everyone else around us was pissed and bitchy about it. Ruined their whole time. Was I happy? Hell no..but I lived with it.
    Been in this club since 95 and have had great exp and shitty exp with tickets. I hate to say it but drop the club and get tickets through TM. I don't see this policy changing anytime soon.
    Post edited by Sprunkn7 on
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    pdalowsky said:

Well it was bound to happen, the seniority argument returns. The rules of the lottery made it clear that it was random, and a L O T T E R Y. There was no seniority. Why bring it up? Because one member has been in a FANCLUB for 15-20 years makes them no more deserving than a fan who wasn't born 20 years ago. To me that whole notion is bullshit.

We knew what we were getting into here. it was a random draw, supply couldn't feed demand - for some shows the demand was immense, so what are tenclub supposed to do? give the tickets to fanclub veterans? or those who knew the skills to beat the F5 days? not they opted to make it fair for all, everyone had the same chance to win. I don't really understand the objections to this, other than those who didn't win in the lottery who are pissed because they have paid to have fanclub perks (and benefitted from those perks along the journey) and are clearly 'bigger fans'. Its a strange mentality, and one that is hard to reconcile. No one is more deserving than anyone else, and it was a purely pot luck system with overwhelming odds against winning.

I tried my hand, I lost my selections. Life goes on. But I don't see how the tenclub could have don't this any better, and they were always going to get the shit storm that has become common place here when people just don't get their own way. Sad times.

Well bloody said Paul!
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    edited January 2016
    Anyone paying 10c dues with the expectation of guaranteed tickets isn't very bright.

It clearly says tickets are not guaranteed. Read the fine print before you buy. It's not hard, and it's also a smart thing to do.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    edited January 2016
    On friday at noon, there should be 15,000 or so tickets available, depending on the venue. Just a heads up.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,838
    edited January 2016
    If Led Zeppelin did a reunion tour and only people who saw them in '70's were allowed to get tickets I'd be really pissed off. Really pissed. At least everybody here has the same odds. If you didn't like the lottery system you should have have cancelled your membership when they introduced it. Not when you didn't win tickets. So if you had won tickets you would keep your membership knowing you might get nothing the next time? It doesn't make sense. You either accept the situation or cancel your membership. It's cut and dry. Complaining after the lottery is over accomplishes nothing.

Edit: I loved the F5 days. I always got tickets to the shows I tried for but I do know that the lottery is more fair to the average member. I'm in the position where I make my own work schedule allowing me to take days off whenever the tickets went on sale. I know the majority of people on here are not in that position. BTW, I lost out on this lottery but I'll be at MSG, not even a doubt.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    The "good old F5 days" were nothing but a lottery too. You kept abusing a system that was broken and those who pressed F5 at the right time won. Nowadays you don't have to keep refreshing the site and try to enter credit card details over and over again to see if you won or not.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited January 2016
    Post deleted by Admin. Please see the Posting Guidelines.
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    eddiec said:

If Led Zeppelin did a reunion tour and only people who saw them in '70's were allowed to get tickets I'd be really pissed off. Really pissed. At least everybody here has the same odds. If you didn't like the lottery system you should have have cancelled your membership when they introduced it. Not when you didn't win tickets. So if you had won tickets you would keep your membership knowing you might get nothing the next time? It doesn't make sense. You either accept the situation or cancel your membership. It's cut and dry. Complaining after the lottery is over accomplishes nothing.

Edit: I loved the F5 days. I always got tickets to the shows I tried for but I do know that the lottery is more fair to the average member. I'm in the position where I make my own work schedule allowing me to take days off whenever the tickets went on sale. I know the majority of people on here are not in that position. BTW, I lost out on this lottery but I'll be at MSG, not even a doubt.

spot on, a man of sense.

Don't complain about the game rules once you've played and lost.
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    edited January 2016
    quote deleted by Admin

*sum*
    Post edited by Sea on
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    There is a certain amount of control with the "F5" system though - lottery is out of your hands entirely and you either win big or you don't. It was extremely stressful for me getting Radiohead W.A.S.T.E. tickets on their last tour - they still use that random time, sitting at your computer repeatedly F5 stuff. The website crashed while I was checking out and I actually had to use my browser's back button. Even though I wound up with tickets for that, it's kinda nice to just sign up on a list and let the dice roll.

There's really no way for 10c to please everybody anymore, given their limited touring and steady (if not increasing) popularity. Somebody is always going to be disappointed..
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    BV84003 said:

There is a certain amount of control with the "F5" system though - lottery is out of your hands entirely and you either win big or you don't. It was extremely stressful for me getting Radiohead W.A.S.T.E. tickets on their last tour - they still use that random time, sitting at your computer repeatedly F5 stuff. The website crashed while I was checking out and I actually had to use my browser's back button. Even though I wound up with tickets for that, it's kinda nice to just sign up on a list and let the dice roll.

There's really no way for 10c to please everybody anymore, given their limited touring and steady (if not increasing) popularity. Somebody is always going to be disappointed..

"There's really no way for 10c to please everybody anymore" implies everyone was pleased before, which we all know isn't the case.

Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    the last tour i got shut out of one of their shows.... it sucks but life goes on. Im sure through the coming weeks you may score a single/set in Lost Dogs or even TM. man if i was in the building id be happy.

what sucks for me is that i moved from Ontario last year.... damnit it PJ, why couldnt you tour ontario last year???? hahhaha i kid. I told the wife it was a big mistake we moved, we should have move this year instead,,,,lol

keep trying
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    " I disagree with you, so I'm going to call you stupid and a fucking idiot"

Looks like a great fan base. Truthfully, the argument has been made that the club is good for the community aspect. The nastiness on here suggests otherwise.
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    edited January 2016
    Here's my theory: it's not that 10c changed the policy to be more fair, but they did it because the band got sick of seeing the same old faces in the front rows. A very cool by-product of this new setup may be renewed crowd energy at some of the shows. If that happens, it was worth some butt-hurting IMO.

"Hail Hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in front."
    Post edited by DeLukin on
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    My favorite part of this thread was when the person who thinks he/she should be able to get tickets to "any show anywhere" called someone else a selfish turd.
  • Options

My favorite part of this thread was when the guy who thinks he should be able to get tickets to "any show anywhere" called someone else a selfish turd.

Equally out of line.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Let me sum this up real quick...

Some people are fucking idiots

suite edet.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    DeLukin said:

Here's my theory: it's not that 10c changed the policy to be more fair, but they did it because the band got sick of seeing the same old faces in the front rows. A very cool by-product of this new setup may be renewed crowd energy at some of the shows. If that happens, it was worth some butt-hurting IMO.

fair enough, but could be accomplished by randomizing all of the 10c tickets completely.
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    I am disappointed but not going to blame 10c or anyone else for that matter. Shit happens,,,,life goes on...
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

my2hands said:

Let me sum this up real quick...

Some people are fucking idiots

suite edet.
    wusnit thow?
  • Options
    I have been a member long enough to see that this happens every tour that does not involve a new album. too many undersold shows in the south and very few shows in the North-East. I am Sad I was shut out but by no means ready to blame the lottery, the band or the club. I see very few people from the Virginia down to Florida complaining as there were plenty of shows so more diverse picks. That being said, telling people it is there fault because they were dumb enough to pick Philly and MSG as there first picks and wonder why they got no tickets is somewhat moronic as well. I live in Central NY, without driving more that 6 hours, my options were MSG, Philly, or Toronto. Since getting in to Canada is more trouble than it is worth, I made MSG night 2, and night 1 my priorities. I really didn't expect to win tickets for either night because I know how many people picked those same nights.
    10/27/91 Rochester NY, 11/7/91 Syracuse NY, 8/4/92 Saratoga NY, 4/7/94 Rochester NY, 10/1/96 Buffalo NY, 8/27/2000 Saratoga NY, 4/29/03 Albany NY, 10/12/13 Buffalo NY
  • Options
    TrixieTrixie Posts: 179

Anyone paying 10c dues with the expectation of guaranteed tickets isn't very bright.

It clearly says tickets are not guaranteed. Read the fine print before you buy. It's not hard, and it's also a smart thing to do.

Who cares what the fine print NOW says. Tickets used to be guaranteed. All I'm saying is that with the policy change, membership in Ten Club doesn't actually mean anything. At least, not anymore
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    edited January 2016
    Really? When were tickets ever guaranteed? Not in the postcard days . . . Never got a one. Not in the F5 days. Never got a one. Open the lottery? I win a show every time.

Get out of your own bubble and get some perspective.

Or quit . . . Like you said you were going to do. I see the member benefit of being allowed to bitch on a forum keeps you coming back.
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    As a card-carrying Masshole I usually cringe when people complain about spoiled east coasters and east coast bias. But HOLY SHIT people! The entitlement displayed in this thread is the worst I have ever seen.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Trixie said:

Who cares what the fine print NOW says. Tickets used to be guaranteed. All I'm saying is that with the policy change, membership in Ten Club doesn't actually mean anything. At least, not anymore
    No, it still does.
    It gives you a chance to have the best seats in the house along with everybody else IN the 10C. You can't get that on TM.
  • Options
    TrixieTrixie Posts: 179

DeLukin said:

fair enough, but could be accomplished by randomizing all of the 10c tickets completely.
    Agreed
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    edited January 2016
    Trixie said:

DeLukin said:

Agreed
    I dont agree. Then you would have people get to the will call, find out theyre back of the floor, and say "Im 78xxx and have been here for 20 years how dare I get randomly assigned to back of the floor"

There is NO solution that makes everyone happy. The lottery system is the best way to give ALL fans a chance at GA, give members with seniority the BEST OF the reserved seats, and encourage new fans to join the TenClub
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277

" I disagree with you, so I'm going to call you stupid and a fucking idiot"

Looks like a great fan base. Truthfully, the argument has been made that the club is good for the community aspect. The nastiness on here suggests otherwise.</blockquote

Most are great awesome really nice people but you need a thick skin and be able to back up your argument or you're in for a rippin. guaranteed.

Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Trixie said:

Good, please quit the 10c.
This discussion has been closed.