Options

Lost in the Lottery - I AM PISSED!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Believe it dude, some people got ZERO of their choices
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    you simply can't please everyone. there are so many different ways to do this but this is the fairest way. i have not always won this lottery. i entered a lottery from my lcbo for a bottle of pappy van winkles bourbon. i didn't win. life goes on. the shows i didn't win i still found great seats anyway and had a great time. this should always be about the music . from this fan club i have had too many good times. i have travelled to different cities that i probably wouldn't have gone to but was glad i did. its all part of one big adventure.
  • Options
    wres96 said:

No matter what the is going to be people unhappy, nothing can change that!! This sub guy has been crying for hours!! Tough luck butter cup!!!

I'm replying to posts directed at me. I'd rather do that than deal with the incredible amount of nasty crap in my inbox from people here.
  • Options
    gmonetgmonet Posts: 37
    wres96 said:

No matter what the is going to be people unhappy, nothing can change that!! This sub guy has been crying for hours!! Tough luck butter cup!!!

FWIW - "Tough luck butter cup" is such a pussy thing to say.
  • Options
    wres96wres96 Posts: 9
    Crying isn't going to change any thing!! I'm going to have 6 computers going on Friday... F5 F5 F5 F5 F5, See ya at MSG both shows!!!
  • Options
    wres96 said:

Crying isn't going to change any thing!! I'm going to have 6 computers going on Friday... F5 F5 F5 F5 F5, See ya at MSG both shows!!!

when you get nothing from that either, enjoy the irony.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

wres96 said:

Wow, now your just being really negative to everyone.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347

The best chance at the best seats.... with members getting all five of their choices and others getting squat. sorry, don't buy it.

Has there been any confirmation of this happening?

Do we know for a fact that members who made multiple picks got completely shut out while other members who made the exact same picks got multiple shows?

I'm just trying to see if all this outrage is over something legitimate or if people are just crying because they didn't get what they want.

I'll be honest, it seems like the latter.

As far as the whole 'no members should have been shut out' theory, you clearly don't understand supply & demand.

When I looked a couple of days ago, Tampa had a 99% chance of you scoring reserved seats. Play the odds if you don't want to get shut out and go to Florida. If you can't travel to Tampa, and can only go to MSG? Then what the f do you expect? You live in the biggest city in the world.
    There are a lot of posts where people got shut out completely and others got multiple shows.

The best chance at the best seats.... with members getting all five of their choices and others getting squat. sorry, don't buy it.

Has there been any confirmation of this happening?

Do we know for a fact that members who made multiple picks got completely shut out while other members who made the exact same picks got multiple shows?

I'm just trying to see if all this outrage is over something legitimate or if people are just crying because they didn't get what they want.

I'll be honest, it seems like the latter.

As far as the whole 'no members should have been shut out' theory, you clearly don't understand supply & demand.

When I looked a couple of days ago, Tampa had a 99% chance of you scoring reserved seats. Play the odds if you don't want to get shut out and go to Florida. If you can't travel to Tampa, and can only go to MSG? Then what the f do you expect? You live in the biggest city in the world.
    There are a lot of posts where people got shut out completely and others got multiple shows.
    Yeah, it's a lotto. One with many, many entrants and numerous possible winning options.

There are gonna be some anomalies.

People need to chill out a little. The band is clearly trying to do this fairly, but shit is gonna happen when you're talking about anything of this scale and number of variables. This is a band, not an investment bank.

Not to sound like a callus dick, but most of the shows that are not MSG or Philly will have tickets available here or worst case on Stubhub for a little over face. If seeing the band is that important to you and you lost figure out a way to buy a ticket somewhere else. It's not as though losing the lotto means you have no way in. Be industrious. Figure it out.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    MedozK said:

wres96 said:

Wow, now your just being really negative to everyone.
    how is this negative? is this not the experience that many have had with TM? Is this not at least in part why people want the fan club tickets, other than good seats?
  • Options
    I will be there sub don't worry!!
  • Options
    wres96 said:

I will be there sub don't worry!!

I hope you get tickets, genuinely. I'm just pointing out the flipside.
  • Options
    People will be able to buy tickets for under face value on Stubhub for most venues in the south if you wait until the morning of the show.
    Gorge
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    gmonet said:

rgambs said:

gmonet said:

gmonet said:

cutz said:

gmonet said:

Priority matters but seniority doesn't. Makes sense.

It does make sense when trying for tickets, because seniority doesn't matter.

You do know that seniority doesn't matter when it come to who gets, or doesn't get tickets?

What shows did you choose and what order to you make your choices?

I'm not trying to be a jerk here. Just trying to help out a little of what i've experienced with the Lottery.
    I just wish PJ could say, "we'll take the MSG for 2 nights and sell all of the tix to our fans. Why doesn't that happen...ever? All grown up I guess. PJ, Inc.
    You don't understand the business side of the concert industry. You are living in a fantasy land if you somehow think the band has the option to take all the tickets and sell them directly, and they don't because they are "all grown up".
    I know they choose to play Ticketmaster venues. They could play other places to ensure more fan club tix, they choose to not do that. What's fantasyland is thinking the fan club is going this for fairness. It's for more, more, more. It's just sad that they are like all the rest.
    This is bonkers. Why would they put themselves through so much pain in the ass? They have nothing to prove, they have little to gain, they can do whatever they want and they can make music for fans in side projects without the hassle.
    They play together and your as Pearl Jam for us, and probably because it is fun as shit at times.
    This is the exact definition of selling out ... and I think that's sad. Still love them but hate myself for enabling them.
    You don't get it, if you had your way, no TM, there would be no PJ shows at all. They don't owe us shit, and their art is their prerogative.

You think these guys should scrap together their own tour, sell their own tickets, and guarantee you tickets to the shows you choose...
    Bonkers.

Be happy they tour at all, the big shows are doing irreparable damage to their hearing, which is pretty fucking important to a musician. We are lucky they still bleed for us after all these years with people running around crapping out little "sellouts" all over the place.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Sub come to MSG, I'll buy you a brew!!
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    rgambs said:

gmonet said:

rgambs said:

gmonet said:

gmonet said:

cutz said:

gmonet said:

You do know that seniority doesn't matter when it come to who gets, or doesn't get tickets?

I'm not trying to be a jerk here. Just trying to help out a little of what i've experienced with the Lottery.
    I just wish PJ could say, "we'll take the MSG for 2 nights and sell all of the tix to our fans. Why doesn't that happen...ever? All grown up I guess. PJ, Inc.
    You don't understand the business side of the concert industry. You are living in a fantasy land if you somehow think the band has the option to take all the tickets and sell them directly, and they don't because they are "all grown up".
    I know they choose to play Ticketmaster venues. They could play other places to ensure more fan club tix, they choose to not do that. What's fantasyland is thinking the fan club is going this for fairness. It's for more, more, more. It's just sad that they are like all the rest.
    This is bonkers. Why would they put themselves through so much pain in the ass? They have nothing to prove, they have little to gain, they can do whatever they want and they can make music for fans in side projects without the hassle.
    They play together and your as Pearl Jam for us, and probably because it is fun as shit at times.
    This is the exact definition of selling out ... and I think that's sad. Still love them but hate myself for enabling them.
    You don't get it, if you had your way, no TM, there would be no PJ shows at all. They don't owe us shit, and their art is their prerogative.

You think these guys should scrap together their own tour, sell their own tickets, and guarantee you tickets to the shows you choose...
    Bonkers.

Be happy they tour at all, the big shows are doing irreparable damage to their hearing, which is pretty fucking important to a musician. We are lucky they still bleed for us after all these years with people running around crapping out little "sellouts" all over the place.
    Points!
  • Options
    wall05wall05 Posts: 304
    Shit happens. Deal with it. Some of you people sound so entitled in here it's crazy.
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2
  • Options
    wres96 said:

I actually really appreciate the offer, but I can't get the time off or sort out the travel sadly. Thanks though.
  • Options
    I just don't see the sense in complaining, what's done is done!!!
  • Options
    cutz said:

gmonet said:

cutz said:

gmonet said:

I got my tickets today. I just hate seeing folks get shut out. The point I'm making is that the way you select shows should not be a factor if how long you've been following the band isn't. When I watch PJ20 do I see a vignette of people saying "this is my first show" or "this is my 3rd show?" No, what makes PJ PJ is the long time fans that are now getting shit on because the band regrets being aloof when there was a ton of cash to be made. I just wish PJ could say, "we'll take the MSG for 2 nights and sell all of the tix to our fans. Why doesn't that happen...ever? All grown up I guess. PJ, Inc.
    If you got your tickets, then why did you start a thread that states: I lost in the lottery-I AM PISSED!!!!!!>LOL>(for the ones who didn't score?) I hear what you're saying about people getting shut out. In a perfect world no one would get shut out, but this ain't the perfect world>LOL. I understand your point but with this system the way you select shows, it is a factor. We all wish PJ could have all the tickets for the MSG & Philly shows to sell to the 10C members, buy we know they can't do that (because of Ticketmaster?). So, i guess the new fans should get shit on, like a kid in high school who just discovered PJ? I think what makes PJ PJ is a combination of long time fans and NEW/YOUNGER fans attending the shows.
    uumm, because he didnt start this thread?
    2011: Toronto #2
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778

jmug23 said:

PP193448 said:

The only thing that can be done with the lottery to make it more "fair" is to limit the number of shows you can win to like 2-3. That way more people have opportunities to go to shows instead of getting shut out, especially considering that the band continues to limit the number of venues they play. I would agree that it sucks that there are some people that score tics to 4-5 shows while others get completely shut out. That's the lottery, with random drawing... There is room for improvement. Just try to score tickets from TM or from another fan club member. Still good possibilities for tickets.

But the reason people are getting 4 or 5 shows is because they are choosing wisely and no one else wanted shows 2-5 as a priority. It's pretty simple. If you absolutely have to have 10 club tickets or GA, go for the low priority shows. People who gambled on NY, Pa and whatever other shows that had a 10% chance took a huge risk. It's easy to get "shut out" when your picking 4 shows that all have 10% odds. Conversely, it's easy to win 4-5 shows when you choose wisely for the shows that are in lesser demand. I would have loved to have seen them in NY. However I wasn't willing to gamble on those odds, so I chose a show with much better odds and won.
    again, "choosing wisely" assumes a certain level of disposable cash and the ability to travel. This isn't possible for a lot of people. It doesn't make them choosing poorly. It means they can't travel 5-10 hours away for a show.
    I totally get that in your situation. Unfortunately you appear to live close to one of the most densly populated areas in the country. I'm more referring to the people who stated they missed out on 10 shows. If you put in for 6-10 shows, then you were planning on doing some serious traveling. So my point is, if you put in for 10 shows, you didn't make smart decisions. You may have gone for shows that were in the cities you wanted to visit the most, but you didn't choose the shows that gave you great odds. Multiple venues were almost guaranteed for reserve seating.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

wres96 said:

I actually really appreciate the offer, but I can't get the time off or sort out the travel sadly. Thanks though.
    I'm sure you will be able to attend the Toronto show.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461

cutz said:

gmonet said:

cutz said:

gmonet said:

I got my tickets today. I just hate seeing folks get shut out. The point I'm making is that the way you select shows should not be a factor if how long you've been following the band isn't. When I watch PJ20 do I see a vignette of people saying "this is my first show" or "this is my 3rd show?" No, what makes PJ PJ is the long time fans that are now getting shit on because the band regrets being aloof when there was a ton of cash to be made. I just wish PJ could say, "we'll take the MSG for 2 nights and sell all of the tix to our fans. Why doesn't that happen...ever? All grown up I guess. PJ, Inc.
    If you got your tickets, then why did you start a thread that states: I lost in the lottery-I AM PISSED!!!!!!>LOL>(for the ones who didn't score?) I hear what you're saying about people getting shut out. In a perfect world no one would get shut out, but this ain't the perfect world>LOL. I understand your point but with this system the way you select shows, it is a factor. We all wish PJ could have all the tickets for the MSG & Philly shows to sell to the 10C members, buy we know they can't do that (because of Ticketmaster?). So, i guess the new fans should get shit on, like a kid in high school who just discovered PJ? I think what makes PJ PJ is a combination of long time fans and NEW/YOUNGER fans attending the shows.
    uumm, because he didnt start this thread?
    Well, then i'm fucked up then>LOL>Still, the rest of my post i didn't fuck up. I don't think>LOL
  • Options
    jmug23 said:

jmug23 said:

PP193448 said:

The only thing that can be done with the lottery to make it more "fair" is to limit the number of shows you can win to like 2-3. That way more people have opportunities to go to shows instead of getting shut out, especially considering that the band continues to limit the number of venues they play. I would agree that it sucks that there are some people that score tics to 4-5 shows while others get completely shut out. That's the lottery, with random drawing... There is room for improvement. Just try to score tickets from TM or from another fan club member. Still good possibilities for tickets.

But the reason people are getting 4 or 5 shows is because they are choosing wisely and no one else wanted shows 2-5 as a priority. It's pretty simple. If you absolutely have to have 10 club tickets or GA, go for the low priority shows. People who gambled on NY, Pa and whatever other shows that had a 10% chance took a huge risk. It's easy to get "shut out" when your picking 4 shows that all have 10% odds. Conversely, it's easy to win 4-5 shows when you choose wisely for the shows that are in lesser demand. I would have loved to have seen them in NY. However I wasn't willing to gamble on those odds, so I chose a show with much better odds and won.
    again, "choosing wisely" assumes a certain level of disposable cash and the ability to travel. This isn't possible for a lot of people. It doesn't make them choosing poorly. It means they can't travel 5-10 hours away for a show.
    I totally get that in your situation. Unfortunately you appear to live close to one of the most densly populated areas in the country. I'm more referring to the people who stated they missed out on 10 shows. If you put in for 6-10 shows, then you were planning on doing some serious traveling. So my point is, if you put in for 10 shows, you didn't make smart decisions. You may have gone for shows that were in the cities you wanted to visit the most, but you didn't choose the shows that gave you great odds. Multiple venues were almost guaranteed for reserve seating.
    Right, but there are a lot of folks on here that did just what you suggested and came up empty, where as others got 3 tickets in the most concentrated markets. I don't blame anyone for not being super thrilled about that.
  • Options
    I've only been a member since 2011, but seen my first show in Albany 2006, and it changed my life!! This band has helped me through so much!! MSG 2016
  • Options
    rgambs said:

gmonet said:

rgambs said:

gmonet said:

gmonet said:

cutz said:

gmonet said:

Bonkers.

Damage to their hearing? I should be grateful? You are an apologist that thinks Ed is reading this saying, "yeah man you tell him." No, he's in Hawaii asking how the ticket sales are going. I bet you own a Fedora and a scarf. You are a turd.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    gmonet said:

rgambs said:

gmonet said:

rgambs said:

gmonet said:

gmonet said:

cutz said:

gmonet said:

Bonkers.

Damage to their hearing? I should be grateful? You are an apologist that thinks Ed is reading this saying, "yeah man you tell him." No, he's in Hawaii asking how the ticket sales are going. I bet you own a Fedora and a scarf. You are a turd.
    Yes, public knowledge, and yes, you should. My spoiled neice throwing a tantrum is coming to mind for some reason.
    No fedora, and yeah I have a scarf, it gets pretty cold in Ohio and I have to bring in the eggs and clean out the coop no matter what the weather is like.
    Turd?
    Come on, you can do better than that!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778

jmug23 said:

jmug23 said:

PP193448 said:

Right, but there are a lot of folks on here that did just what you suggested and came up empty, where as others got 3 tickets in the most concentrated markets. I don't blame anyone for not being super thrilled about that.
    People did what? I think I got a little confused with my last post. My point was, if you were able to put in 10 picks, and didn't get one ticket, it's because you didn't pick wisely. You took too big of a gamble picking both NY and both Philly shows and putting GA first. Yeah, some people got tickets that way because they were the lucky 10-20%,but most didn't. When your putting all those high demand shows as your first four picks, you are taking a huge gamble. If some of these people that had the travel means to choose 10 shows would have picked the shows down south, they would have walked away with tickets to 4 or 5 shows.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    gmonet said:

rgambs said:

gmonet said:

rgambs said:

gmonet said:

gmonet said:

cutz said:

gmonet said:

Bonkers.

Wah. I didn't get what I want. Wah.

/Thread
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    jmug23 said:

jmug23 said:

jmug23 said:

PP193448 said:

People did what? I think I got a little confused with my last post. My point was, if you were able to put in 10 picks, and didn't get one ticket, it's because you didn't pick wisely. You took too big of a gamble picking both NY and both Philly shows and putting GA first. Yeah, some people got tickets that way because they were the lucky 10-20%,but most didn't. When your putting all those high demand shows as your first four picks, you are taking a huge gamble. If some of these people that had the travel means to choose 10 shows would have picked the shows down south, they would have walked away with tickets to 4 or 5 shows.
    People put in for 8-10 shows, some were not the high demand areas, and got nothing.

Again, there are a lot of us that can't travel because of the cost, the time off, etc. Being limited in that sense doesn't have anything to do with picking wisely. If I can't physically go, I can't go.

I'm really troubled by this continued idea that it's no big deal to travel and drop tons of money on multiple shows that are hours away. This is not the reality for many fans.
  • Options
    Turd means piece of shit, right?. I'll stay with it. Referencing your niece means you have no kids of your own so you get to be a selfish.turd.

Did I mention I got all of my requests? Again, people getting no tix is wrong - period.

Saltzy - you paid $225 for Pearl Jam's 10 song debacle in Central Park? You're a turd too. I get it, this is all new to you. Probably came on in 2011. Your posts are cute.
This discussion has been closed.