Options

Lost in the Lottery - I AM PISSED!!!!!!

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    edited January 2016

So seniority has never given members an advantage to getting tickets. Only where their seats are if they get them which is still the case. The lottery then seems extremely fair to all current 10c members. We all have an equal shot. I have been a member for quite some time and have lost the lottery more than Ive won but i am more than happy that I don't have to A: take off work at time of sale B: sit and F5 for who knows how long. I think the main thing is that PJ just aren't playing as many shows so more people are going for fewer shows.

Seems pretty simple. Make your choices for shows via lottery and wait and see. If you're not picked, wait for the public sale.

Am I missing something here?

if I have access to multiple accounts, it's not an equal shot. One person has 3-4 times more of a chance than those of us with one account.
    Everyone knows that. Again, there isn't anything that can be done about people who get others to hold memberships. A membership is something we PAY FOR. What people do with their tickets after they get them is their own business, assuming they aren't scalping them, which is against 10C rules, and which 10C attempts to prevent (although they should do the NIN method for ticket pick up to prevent that, i.e. people have to pick up their tix on their way into the venue so there is no chance to sell them to someone else). People having multiple accounts has absolutely nothing to do with the lottery system, or how long you have held a membership, or anything. F5 allows the same thing. So I'm not sure why you keep coming back to that as though it has something to do with your actual complaints.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077

So seniority has never given members an advantage to getting tickets. Only where their seats are if they get them which is still the case. The lottery then seems extremely fair to all current 10c members. We all have an equal shot. I have been a member for quite some time and have lost the lottery more than Ive won but i am more than happy that I don't have to A: take off work at time of sale B: sit and F5 for who knows how long. I think the main thing is that PJ just aren't playing as many shows so more people are going for fewer shows.

Seems pretty simple. Make your choices for shows via lottery and wait and see. If you're not picked, wait for the public sale.

if I have access to multiple accounts, it's not an equal shot. One person has 3-4 times more of a chance than those of us with one account.
    Is it any different than multiple members F5 ing all for the same group of people to get 10c tickets? I just don't understand what you think is so unfair?
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    edited January 2016

"I'm mad at both. I'm mad that those reduced to using ticketmaster have been called peasants, and I'm mad that one assumes you will get tickets through them, which is not true."

To be fair, though, I dont think anyone is calling people "peasants" seriously. I think we all resort to ticketmaster at some point.
    Post edited by Vedd Hedd on
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159

ofcourse u missing..people dont have common sense...they think they own the world with 20$ per year
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Let's assume that people selling tickets on the secondary market is a constant. It's never going to change, certainly now with Stubhub, etc. I have had to deal with it for the last 15 years to get into shows, unless I got through the TM sale. One day I was like, 'This is dumb. I should just join the 10c already' and did. Should I not get as much a right at tickets as everyone else now? Joining this club gives you a better shot than you have of getting tickets at face than anything else. That is the benefit you get. Everyone here had the same shot at them, and we had a better shot than 99.9% of everyone else to get them. How that is unfair is beyond me, and yes, saying that because you have been a member longer I don't deserve the same right and chance at them is ridiculous.

Great. When the flood of people who were able to get TM tickets and not tickets through the fan club post here, we can discuss if the 10c was a better shot at tickets.
    Perhaps I'm not making my point well. Let's try this a different way.

Explain to me in 4 sentences or less why you deserve tickets at face value over every other person out there, including the 10c members that lost the lotto and don't get any tickets on Friday when in fact that is how many of us have had to get in to see the same band, many of which us whom refer to them as their favorite just as much as you do, for years?

Who exactly do you think are the people that pay the $250 on Stubhub when they are out of other options? Non-humongous PJ fans?
    Everyone should have to pay what the band is charging. Nobody should have to pay extra.

The NON humongous PJ fan is the one selling the ticket at a higher price on Stub hub and every time you buy on Stub hub you contribute to the problem.

I know sometimes we love the band so much that we have no other choice but to pay the price or not see the show. It just sucks all around. Until they shut down these sites it will go on forever.

People are complaining in here like PJ has something to do with them not getting fan club tickets. It's not PJ it's ticketmaster. I can guarantee PJ would love to give every member a ticket and control the entire 100% of tickets sold but they can't and they found that out the hard way when they went against the bastards. Ticketmaster controls the arenas. You either deal with them or they make sure you can't play anywhere.
    On the resale topic, I looked up on Vividseats and some other non-Stubhub resale sites and there are GA tix for resale which absolutely sucks. Completely unfair for those who wanted 10c tix and didn't get them
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077

ofcourse u missing..people dont have common sense...they think they own the world with 20$ per year
    Ah gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up! :wink:
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837

LOL

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

my2hands said:

PJ_Soul said:

Saltzy23 said:

Let's assume that people selling tickets on the secondary market is a constant. It's never going to change, certainly now with Stubhub, etc. I have had to deal with it for the last 15 years to get into shows, unless I got through the TM sale. One day I was like, 'This is dumb. I should just join the 10c already' and did. Should I not get as much a right at tickets as everyone else now? Joining this club gives you a better shot than you have of getting tickets at face than anything else. That is the benefit you get. Everyone here had the same shot at them, and we had a better shot than 99.9% of everyone else to get them. How that is unfair is beyond me, and yes, saying that because you have been a member longer I don't deserve the same right and chance at them is ridiculous.

Great. When the flood of people who were able to get TM tickets and not tickets through the fan club post here, we can discuss if the 10c was a better shot at tickets.
    Obviously there are WAY more TM tickets than 10C tickets. The odds are much more in our favour with TM. It's just a matter of a better seats or being in GA. FWIW, TM also sells great seats. These days the TM seats and the 10C seats are largely mixed together. Some small sections of the best seats are reserved for 10C, but it's not like 10C gets all of the best seats. That's why some members are getting shitty seats at the back of the floor now.
    Right, so there are more tickets, and as a result, the ten club isn't the best way to get tickets. Fair enough, just need to get that out there.
    henceforth the need for a fucking lottery!!!

sweet jesus
    A "fucking" lottery?
    I don't know.
    You could still win a "fucking" lottery, and still come out a loser.
    Are "fucking" lotteries even legal here in the states?
    I think they are legal in Thailand.
    good point... probably illegal here in the states!

on a side note... I cant believe I lost the powerball... wtf did I pay my $2 for?

• Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,932
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines
    Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.
This discussion has been closed.