Options

Could You Kill a Baby Hitler?

EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
I am not making this up. The NYTImes Magazine had a poll on Twitter. "We asked @nytmag readers: If you could go back and kill Hitler as a baby, would you do it? (What's your response?)" So if you go on Twitter, Baby Hitler is trending. Really.

It is an interesting (but odd) question. Some of the comments are funny - “The likelihood of killing #BabyHitler would be greatly diminished if Baby Hitler were armed” - Ben Carson

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    No, I could not kill a baby, any baby. But I might take the parents to visit Planned Parenthood.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I don't think I could kill a baby. But if you knew the baby was going to grow up to be Hitler, maybe you could just take him away from his parents - didn't he have an abusive father? Maybe if he'd been raised in a different environment... oh hell, I don't know. I think he had mother issues too.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited October 2015
    Yes, I would kill baby Hitler. It wouldn't feel good to say the least (I have issues just taking a hook out of a fish's mouth), but I'd do it anyway, no matter how much it fucked me in the head.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Fascinating question, as it could apply to others too - baby Bundy, baby Roof, baby Khomeini.

Makes you wonder about nature vs nurture.

Definitely gonna revisit this.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    If all historical facts are the same and I could travel back in time,my initial response is yes I would
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    No I wouldn't kill any baby and I don't think even God would kill a baby hitler unless the baby was a grown man in a baby which makes no sense but anyway a baby is innocent and inexperience understands no meaning to life and feeds of what it's peers show it not even a child should be killed if it were to behave badly because children are learning and are sponges to influence, and point of view is very limited when children
    and even though I do agree teenagers are held accountable for their actions bc they are big enough to know better they may have come from disoriented homes and mercy should come into play needless to say it gives no right for anyone to kill anybody accept for law enforcers and even they should be locking these people up and punishing them for their evils to learn and repent and perhaps at least be forgiven by God and he does forgive if the heart is truely remorseful anyhow any killing done should really be dealt with authorities...!!!!! But I speak for the children of the world and not the saints, stars of the world should be put straight in the pit for any crimes as such if it weren't supported by authorities or valid reason but remember if your a saint even a little sin could get you in the pit bc your supposed to be true examples to the world...
  • Options
    What if it's already been tried and whomever went back messed up and the parents found out and the baby was indoctrinated with hate and became the evil Hitler of history we know?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    It reminds me of Boys from Brazil, the book and the movie where Dr. Mengele has created a bunch of Hitler clones and they're young boys now, 13. Here's a link. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_from_Brazil_(novel)
  • Options
    brianlux said:

What if it's already been tried and whomever went back messed up and the parents found out and the baby was indoctrinated with hate and became the evil Hitler of history we know?

I'd take my chances! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Lol
    true fact is we were all born in Gods image of natural born love like the first smile on a baby's face bc of warmth and affection we long it
    if we are raised otherwise it's no longer because we don't love it's bc we haven been shown it
    And we become nasty it's natural instinct beat a dog up it will soon show you or the next person trying to be kind to it how nasty it can be, the truth to your point is the baby would never be born evil neither if it's taught to hate bc love brings out hate or I should say hurt or pride that's why children should always be given chance until it's old and "stable" enough to know better and there such thing as a bad rollercoaster where the person could be and adult and had experience this from childhood and then went to drugs and was never given right opportunity to learn or be shown different or know better bc of misfortune this is why we have prison and should have punishment and teaching so they can learn and be forgiven I do love mercy for them no matter the crime bc have we all not done stupid things growing up in a healthy home?? What more so someone who's been shown evil and went off the rails of drugs and misfortunes
  • Options
    I don't really care if it's born evil or not (and I don't believe in God). It's pretty simple for me: Is that Hitler as a baby? - Yes. - Kay, I'm going to have to kill him. Pass me that pillow.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    At least you're going the gentle route, PJ_S =)
  • Options
    Whoa, whoa, whoa wait a minute. If you could go back in time... (uh huh)... why the drastic measure of killing the kid? What was Hitler's greatest weapon? That's right, his words. If you've figured out how to go back in time, surely you can make him mute, right? A silent little Adolph would have little impact on history. I mean, really, the German nation rallying around someone signing? Not gonna happen. Maybe he would have grown up to be the world's greatest advocate for deaf and mute folks. If we're going to change history, let's do something good :smile:

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    rr165892 said:

If all historical facts are the same and I could travel back in time,my initial response is yes I would

This. I am from Germany. Fuck Hitler and the evil spawn that is still torturing our country, especially in recent days. Nazis are the scum of the earth.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I got angry last night! Ha! Fucking Hitler.
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Nope. I still feel guilty about a cat's tail I pulled when I was 8. (True story.) No way I could kill a baby.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    brianlux said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa wait a minute. If you could go back in time... (uh huh)... why the drastic measure of killing the kid? What was Hitler's greatest weapon? That's right, his words. If you've figured out how to go back in time, surely you can make him mute, right? A silent little Adolph would have little impact on history. I mean, really, the German nation rallying around someone signing? Not gonna happen. Maybe he would have grown up to be the world's greatest advocate for deaf and mute folks. If we're going to change history, let's do something good :smile:

Brian, you've said exactly what was on my mind. If you could go back in time, surely the possibilities for intervention are endless. In fact, the very fact of going back in time may change things in unimaginable ways. Or not. Perhaps it's all fixed and immutable. Depends on what SciFi novels you've read :wink:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited October 2015
    throw him over a viking long ship. swim you little shit or sink, it's your choice. the water is cold & dark, scary & rough. better get your shit together you cruel bastard. & by the way, you suck
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    If you float, you're a witch. If you drown, you aren't a witch.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

But if you float, you could also be a duck.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JWPearl said:

No I wouldn't kill any baby and I don't think even God would kill a baby hitler unless the baby was a grown man in a baby which makes no sense but anyway a baby is innocent and inexperience understands no meaning to life and feeds of what it's peers show it not even a child should be killed if it were to behave badly because children are learning and are sponges to influence, and point of view is very limited when children
    and even though I do agree teenagers are held accountable for their actions bc they are big enough to know better they may have come from disoriented homes and mercy should come into play needless to say it gives no right for anyone to kill anybody accept for law enforcers and even they should be locking these people up and punishing them for their evils to learn and repent and perhaps at least be forgiven by God and he does forgive if the heart is truely remorseful anyhow any killing done should really be dealt with authorities...!!!!! But I speak for the children of the world and not the saints, stars of the world should be put straight in the pit for any crimes as such if it weren't supported by authorities or valid reason but remember if your a saint even a little sin could get you in the pit bc your supposed to be true examples to the world...

The God of the Bible? Yahweh?
    There were more than a few kids killed by God in the Bible.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

JimmyV said:

But if you float, you could also be a duck.
    She turned me into a newt.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    But you got better?
  • Options
    Killing baby Hitler would be challenging.

I'd love to get in the ring with him and punch him a bunch of times. Big rights to that stupid moustache would be satisfying though.
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

Lol
    true fact is we were all born in Gods image of natural born love like the first smile on a baby's face bc of warmth and affection we long it
    if we are raised otherwise it's no longer because we don't love it's bc we haven been shown it
    And we become nasty it's natural instinct beat a dog up it will soon show you or the next person trying to be kind to it how nasty it can be, the truth to your point is the baby would never be born evil neither if it's taught to hate bc love brings out hate or I should say hurt or pride that's why children should always be given chance until it's old and "stable" enough to know better and there such thing as a bad rollercoaster where the person could be and adult and had experience this from childhood and then went to drugs and was never given right opportunity to learn or be shown different or know better bc of misfortune this is why we have prison and should have punishment and teaching so they can learn and be forgiven I do love mercy for them no matter the crime bc have we all not done stupid things growing up in a healthy home?? What more so someone who's been shown evil and went off the rails of drugs and misfortunes

Link? Source?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

Lol

Longest run on sentence I've ever seen.

And I too would question the 'fact' assertion. There's some decent stuff in here though- wouldn't call this your worst.
  • Options
    Also, punctuation is awesome. Sorry for being off-topic.
  • Options

But you got better?

Hahahahhaha!

Missed this (it was fast!).

I did. I got better!
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Like cutting out a baby's tongue?? That would be just as fucked up as killing him (if he didn't bleed to death or choke to death on his blood).
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    hedonist said:

At least you're going the gentle route, PJ_S =)

:lol: Yes, I am a gentle Soul when it comes to killing killer babies. =);)

In the end, my thinking is better safe than sorry. Get rid of that fucker by any means necessary. How i feel about the act of murder personally and emotionally is totally irrelevant (i am against violence in almost all cases - this is the exception) .... So if we were talking about adult Hitler, do people answer differently? Or would some of you still not be able to do it?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on