Isn't that him? Am I mistaken?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629

PJ_Soul said:

Who is RG?

Gambs.

Oooh, of course. Lol, I don't think I know what he looks like, but I'll take your word for it, haha.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Who is RG?

Gambs.

Oooh, of course. Lol, I don't think I know what he looks like, but I'll take your word for it, haha.
    At first I thought it might have been Chadwick when he was 12... but upon closer inspection... the guy has no slingshots, baseball bats with nails, or Samurai swords... and it appears to be RG.

I dunno.
  • Options
    That settles it then. rgambs is a time traveller.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    What about puppy Hitler? Could you kill puppy Hitler?

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I've been discovered! Egads!!!

It's not time travel at all actually, good guess though.
    I am a highlander. I was searching for Hitler because THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Who is RG?

Gambs.

At first I thought it might have been Chadwick when he was 12... but upon closer inspection... the guy has no slingshots, baseball bats with nails, or Samurai swords... and it appears to be RG.

I dunno.
    damn funny, sir. that cracks me up
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Jason P said:

What about puppy Hitler? Could you kill puppy Hitler?

Awww!
    Or how about Hitler cat? (This was actually my cat - she died about 2 years ago :( RIP Jonesy. Okay... she doesn't really look that much like Hitler, but she's got the stare down for sure :tongue: ).

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Leave puppies out of it.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Oh my, I could snuggle the hell out of that little pup.

Pretty cat, PJ_S. Buncha Hitler cats come up when googled. Hilarious.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Oh my, I could snuggle the hell out of that little pup.

Pretty cat, PJ_S. Buncha Hitler cats come up when googled. Hilarious.

Wow. :lol:

• Options
    rgambs said:

I've been discovered! Egads!!!

It's not time travel at all actually, good guess though.
    I am a highlander. I was searching for Hitler because THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Cue awesome Queen music.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Since we are talking about babies, Hitler and cats....I will post this.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/baby_vs_cat
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dignin said:

Since we are talking about babies, Hitler and cats....I will post this.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/baby_vs_cat

Good stuff - reminded me a bit of Carlin's baseball / football rant (and I know he did the cats / dogs one too!)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    We don't need to kill baby Hitler, we just need to keep boy Hitler from smoking pot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbqPCaAsydw
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,761
    rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

Let's discuss how you are all going to hypothetically make me a millionaire. LOL... sorry! It's that kind of morning!

OK but seriously, what is there to be gained from discussing the (as far as we know) impossible? I'm still sincerely not sure what the purpose of this is.

Bri,were making progress.I love when we get you talking about wanting more money.it brings out your sexy capitolistic side.lol
    I'm happy to return home after a glorious day spending my hard earned capitalist dollar at my favorite record store (scored Eater, D.O.A, Eno, and V.U. LP's!) and see this thread humming right along!

And I may have already mentioned this but what's really funny, rr, is that last week I was scouting for used books in a thrift shop and this guy I don't even know from Adam came up to me and told me what a f*cking capitalist pig I am for buying used books and selling them for more than I payed for them. I just laughed and said, "Well, yeah you got me there, yep, that's me, millionaire bookseller!" The he went on to tell me how he started a fight in this place just the other day and told me to go f*ck myself. I just laughed again and said, "oh yeah, wouldn't that feel good!" and turned my back to him and went back to looking at books. He cussed me out some more and finally got bored and left.

Damn, it feels good to be a capitalist pig, don' it? :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

Let's discuss how you are all going to hypothetically make me a millionaire. LOL... sorry! It's that kind of morning!

OK but seriously, what is there to be gained from discussing the (as far as we know) impossible? I'm still sincerely not sure what the purpose of this is.

Bri,were making progress.I love when we get you talking about wanting more money.it brings out your sexy capitolistic side.lol
    I'm happy to return home after a glorious day spending my hard earned capitalist dollar at my favorite record store (scored Eater, D.O.A, Eno, and V.U. LP's!) and see this thread humming right along!

And I may have already mentioned this but what's really funny, rr, is that last week I was scouting for used books in a thrift shop and this guy I don't even know from Adam came up to me and told me what a f*cking capitalist pig I am for buying used books and selling them for more than I payed for them. I just laughed and said, "Well, yeah you got me there, yep, that's me, millionaire bookseller!" The he went on to tell me how he started a fight in this place just the other day and told me to go f*ck myself. I just laughed again and said, "oh yeah, wouldn't that feel good!" and turned my back to him and went back to looking at books. He cussed me out some more and finally got bored and left.

Patti Smirh was a bookie too. When she was flat broke she could pick out books and resell them. It paid her rent a few times.

I can't picture this thread going much farther. We've discussed all the angles, no?
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    brianlux said:

rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

Well you shoulda found him a book about assholes.Never feel guilty making a profit.Embrace it and remember it makes it easier to help others...............or buy more weed and records.:)
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    if I could travel back in time ? (that's impossible).......if I could I'd buy a bunch of gold and a few pre war HD's and as much land as possible, tell Mr. Finch (my high school principal) to kiss my ass...again, then jump into my handy dandy time machine with Marty McFly cash in my gold and promote a great concert on some of the land I bought. OH wait ! I'd drop in on Edgar Allen Poe on the way home.

Godfather.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    edited October 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

:)
    I guess we should also remember that, if we did decide to kill Hitler, chances are none of us would exist, assuming you think that our existence just relies on the dumb luck of the right sperm reaching the right egg. I figure that if any of our parents or grandparents had done the deed a minute earlier or a minute later when we or our parents were conceived, a different person would have been born. And I assume that if Hitler had never existed, perhaps our Grandmothers might have still given birth to our parents IF they were born before WWII (unless they were German - if they were, then probably not), but there is almost no possibility that our parents would have been born if they were conceived after 1938 or so. The world would now mostly be populated by completely different people, and our entire world would therefore likely be quite different than it is now in many ways. Maybe better. Maybe worse. I personally am okay with this idea, since none of us would ever have known the difference anyway. Of course, if you believe that each of us were born for a larger reason than the fact that our dad happened to blow his load at the right moment with the right woman, well, that's another story. :tongue:

Anybody remember this person....? Take out one entity and there's always another to come along.

Like I said before......No Hitler, no central figure of evil to expose eugenics for the sci-fi horror theme that it is. No Hitler, and perhaps Carnegie, Rockefeller, et al, continue down the eugenics road, leading the US to who knows where....things could get far worse.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Margaret Sanger? That's a pretty huge leap you've made there. I don't believe for a second that she would have done what you're suggesting had the holocaust not occurred.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Holy crap. :tired_face: Well, the buying options have been removed.... I think Walmart might be in the process of correcting this idiotic mistake. I mean seriously, wtf?? Who was responsible for this being available? They need to be fired.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    ohhhhh that's classic....the little soldier even has a weapon.

Godfather.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    it has been pulled. wanted to see how much it was going for. i could have used one more thing to be pissed about today.

they could have had one of an impoverished child, but if you go there on a saturday all the kids are already dressed like that.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    chadwick said:

Enkidu said:

After reading the KL concentration camp book, I looked up a photo of dead Himmler. He took a cyanide pill (hidden in his tooth) and the picture isn't grisly, he just looks like he's asleep. I like the idea of you, Chadwick, snipering his evil ass.

it made me sad when i found out himmler bit into a cyanide capsule. i mean i was hoping he was going to be hung or had suffered awhile but no, the bastard had to chomp down on a cyanide capsule taking his own life... easy way out for the chicken shit coward

dr. josef mengele, "the angel of death", this prick had a stroke while swimming & drowned at a vacation resort in brazil february 7, 1979. he's buried under the bullshit name "wolfgang gerhard”

this guy's the ultimate piece of shit who shoulda drowned a whole lot sooner
    i think himmler was the worst of them all.

mengele was a monster. i read about some of his "experiments", and they were pretty much just torture for the sake of torture. he was the guy at auschwitz who greeted the trains and separated those who could work from those who went straight to the gas chambers. even if he had never physically hurt a single child the whole time he was there, he still would have been responsible for the worst pain of millions of people's lives.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,761
    I've heard it said that a person only truly dies when somebody says their name for the last time. So I would suggest the best way to kill that guy would be to make no mention of him any more.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I do not at all agree with the idea of ignoring history or pretending something didn't happen. To me that is exactly the same as burying your head in the sand. Life is reality and craziness and the good and the bad. One of the most famous lines in history: "Never forget."
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    brianlux said:

I've heard it said that a person only truly dies when somebody says their name for the last time. So I would suggest the best way to kill that guy would be to make no mention of him any more.

Is this to be called the Voldemort approach? :)
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    I've hesitated to express an opinion on this thread as I don't really see any practical purpose in debating such hypotheticals. Although, perhaps it's simply that I would ask a different question. Rather than asking if you could murder a baby, which personally I know I could not, regardless of who I thought they might grow up to be, I would think it more interesting to ask what led Hitler to become the man he was and where he might have been prevented from going down that path.

Supposedly he had a normal childhood, though his father it seems did slap him about, so I'm not sure what passed as a normal childhood in early 20th century Austria. I was actually watching a documentary yesterday about his rise to power and was interested to hear that the family doctor who helped his mother was Jewish, as was someone who supported his attempts to become an artist. Why then his universal and boundless hatred of Jews?

Even if we could ascertain what it was that made him so evil and somehow turn him onto a different path, what of all those who supported him and were filled with the same hatred? Hitler did not brainwash these people, he did not have magical powers, no matter how skilled an orator he may have been. Granted, many Germans were swept along in the hysteria but the key players were intelligent men with minds of their own, Himmler, Goebbels etc. Not to mention the fact that the ease with which Hitler came to power and gained the support of a nation suggests that they were a people willing to be led in such a direction, indicating a far wider issue than a single madman.

I suppose I'm just wary of simplifying things down to the notion that Hitler was the source of all evil and that were we to wipe him from existence, such terrible events would never have occurred. It's impossible to say who else may have risen in his place, to lead a people only too ready to be led. Who's to say it mightn't even have been worse, hard as that is to imagine?