Options

Could You Kill a Baby Hitler?

Comments

• Options

No to writting the songs that make the whole world cover their ears.

Come on. This is a perfect elevator and grocery store song.
    So good!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffacxfA7G4
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,631
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, the butterfly effect/space-time continuum issue is an important one. Anyone read Stephen King's 11/22/63? Things could really get crazy! ... But fuck it, I'd give it a shot anyway. ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I was gonna ask if anyone had read 11/22/63. Tiny spoiler alert - killing Oswald doesn't really lead to great things.
    Another good read - Fatherland by Robert Harris. What would have happened if Hitler won the war.
  • Options
    Imagine if EV wasn't born.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Wow, I am guenuinely surprised that so many people are saying no!

I couldn't fucking do it. I'd rather do something to make Hitler Mama infertile. I remember about 10 years ago I saw a bee.....I stomped on it for no fucking reason.......it was an INSECT, and over a decade later I still remember it and how sad I felt for doing it. So no, I couldn't. Hitler wasn't Hitler yet. He had done nothing wrong as a baby.

Could I slice his throat with a dull knife as an adult? no issue with that.

But not Clifford Olson with lethal injection?

Interesting.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

I couldn't fucking do it. I'd rather do something to make Hitler Mama infertile. I remember about 10 years ago I saw a bee.....I stomped on it for no fucking reason.......it was an INSECT, and over a decade later I still remember it and how sad I felt for doing it. So no, I couldn't. Hitler wasn't Hitler yet. He had done nothing wrong as a baby.

Interesting.
    I am also against the death penalty, but the death penalty isn't about preventing murder. It's about revenge for something that has already happened. Very different.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Interesting.
    I am also against the death penalty, but the death penalty isn't about preventing murder. It's about revenge for something that has already happened. Very different.
    I was going to post something similar. I don't believe in the death penalty either (with a couple exceptions - Timothy McVeigh being one).
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Interesting.
    So killing an innocent newborn child for what we know it will do later in life is acceptable to you, yet executing a sadistic serial murderer in the name of justice isn't?

Are we sure that by killing this infant, we will be eliminating evil? Is there the probability that another bastard rears his head to some frightening capacity?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,906

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Interesting.
    So killing an innocent newborn child for what we know it will do later in life is acceptable to you, yet executing a sadistic serial murderer in the name of justice isn't?

Are we sure that by killing this infant, we will be eliminating evil? Is there the probability that another bastard rears his head to some frightening capacity?
    Article from Vox that brins exactly that up within the article.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited October 2015
    Enkidu said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Interesting.
    I don't believe in the death penalty either (with a couple exceptions - Timothy McVeigh being one).
    Stop waffling.
    You believe in it or you don't.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Interesting.

Article from Vox that brins exactly that up within the article.
    I never read it, but it's nice to know my question has some validity to it.
  • Options

Enkidu said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Interesting.
    I don't believe in the death penalty either (with a couple exceptions - Timothy McVeigh being one).
    Stop waffling.
    Um. Not waffling. Just saying what I think, duh. Agree with PJ Soul that it's revenge. I also don't like the idea of the state/gov't executing people. However. (That's a different word than waffling, look it up in a dictionary.) I didn't lose any sleep when McVeigh was executed.
  • Options
    Enkidu said:

Enkidu said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Interesting.
    Stop waffling.
    Um. Not waffling. Just saying what I think, duh. Agree with PJ Soul that it's revenge. I also don't like the idea of the state/gov't executing people. However. (That's a different word than waffling, look it up in a dictionary.) I didn't lose any sleep when McVeigh was executed.
    Waffling
  • Options

Enkidu said:

Enkidu said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Interesting.
    Stop waffling.
    Waffling
    Guess that dictionary thing didn't work out for you.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,563
    Enkidu said:

I was gonna ask if anyone had read 11/22/63. Tiny spoiler alert - killing Oswald doesn't really lead to great things.
    Another good read - Fatherland by Robert Harris. What would have happened if Hitler won the war.

Or watch the mockumentary...
    Confederate states of America

Makes you think what if
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Enkidu said:

Enkidu said:

Enkidu said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Interesting.
    Stop waffling.
    Waffling
    Guess that dictionary thing didn't work out for you.
    Oh snap.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Interesting.

I mentioned this exact scenario in one of my replies. But tye only option is "we dont know the effect".
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    adult hitler... punch to the throat & drive a dagger into his skull
    then sit down & have a drink of spring water w/ dan aykroyd

baby hitler... put him to work in a gravel pit
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

adult hitler... punch to the throat & drive a dagger into his skull
    then sit down & have a drink of spring water w/ dan aykroyd

baby hitler... put him to work in a gravel pit

drinking vodka watching baby hitler slaved
    what a scene
    I'm in.
  • Options
    The scale of the holocaust was shocking. The systematic processes put in place to rid the Germans of Jews was shocking. The number of Jews that were processed is shocking.

Numbs the mind, but human nature is such that we shouldn't really be shocked by anything.

I mean... people have been f**king cruel since as far back as history can reveal. We've had centuries and centuries to move to a more enlightened and peaceful way of being, but this has proven to be impossible.

Did you know the Rwandan genocide saw a million people killed at 4X a murder rate that the holocaust featured? With the weapon of choice being the machete? To me, this event was one that became a bothersome one. Couple the indifference the western world exhibited as the event unfolded... and it's hard not to be cynical.

Genocide on the grand scale is happening as we speak.

You take out Hitler... you get someone else. Don't get me wrong- take him out... but the problems will not go away.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Interesting.

Huh? Killing Hitler is killing Hitler, not eliminating all evil. Of course there are other evil people, unless you somehow think that Hitler was responsible for all murderers who came after him. I don't care what age he is. If you get a chance to kill Hitler before he became responsible for murdering millions of people you do it. I don't know why his age wouod have anything to do with it. You want to stop Hitler.
    Killing Olson after he has murdered all of his victims and is caught, guaranteed to never kill again, why wouod you need to kill him??
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Enkidu said:

Enkidu said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Interesting.
    Stop waffling.
    I don't see the difference between killing McVeigh or someone else. I am against the death penalty. Period. Their crimes are already committed. Capital punishment is simply more murder for the sake of murder. If the thread's question had been "would you kill Hitler if he had been caught and imprisoned after WWII?" I would have said no.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options

The scale of the holocaust was shocking. The systematic processes put in place to rid the Germans of Jews was shocking. The number of Jews that were processed is shocking.

Numbs the mind, but human nature is such that we shouldn't really be shocked by anything.

I mean... people have been f**king cruel since as far back as history can reveal. We've had centuries and centuries to move to a more enlightened and peaceful way of being, but this has proven to be impossible.

Did you know the Rwandan genocide saw a million people killed at 4X a murder rate that the holocaust featured? With the weapon of choice being the machete? To me, this event was one that became a bothersome one. Couple the indifference the western world exhibited as the event unfolded... and it's hard not to be cynical.

You take out Hitler... you get someone else. Don't get me wrong- take him out... but the problems will not go away.

Did you honestly think that anyone here is dumb enough to think that killing Hitler would end genocide committed by others? I don't understand how that point has anything to do with the conversation.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Did you honestly think that anyone here is dumb enough to think that killing Hitler would end genocide committed by others? I don't understand how that point has anything to do with the conversation.
    It may not be part of the matter at hand, but it still is a great point. Is the holocaust condemned more than other mass atrocities because the victims are those that walk among us and are our "allies". Or morebecause it was battled against on a global scale. Maybe this belongs in the Israel thread.....or its own......thirty?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ^^^
    I do find it interesting that the public schooling system teaches not to forget the holocaust.
  • Options

^^^
    I do find it interesting that the public schooling system teaches not to forget the holocaust.

The north american school system doesnt give a shit about countries/regions it has no economic interest in.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

It may not be part of the matter at hand, but it still is a great point. Is the holocaust condemned more than other mass atrocities because the victims are those that walk among us and are our "allies". Or morebecause it was battled against on a global scale. Maybe this belongs in the Israel thread.....or its own......thirty?
    Well yeah, I think that would be a conversation for another thread. That huge issue would completely derail this particular thread IMO..... but hey, not my call obviously!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

It's got everything to do with the conversation.

Where do you stop? If you go get all the perpetrators of genocide and kill them before they orchestrate they genocide... new characters assume their role and a different genocide (or the same for that matter) occurs.

And Hugh is correct in this vein: the Holocaust was brutal, but it was one in a long line of genocides where victims in every one suffered greatly.

As I said... go kill baby Hitler- there's worse things one can do. It would likely save us the holocaust, but that genocide would be replaced by another with a demon at its head that needs killing as well.

While we're at it... let's use the same technology to kill Clifford Olson and all the other people who have committed atrocities. Would this leave us murder free?
  • Options
    Who cares where you stop? The question is would you kill Hitler as a baby.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Who cares where you stop? The question is would you kill Hitler as a baby.

So yes or no followed by a brief explanation as to why you would or wouldn't is all that is acceptable here?

Okay: 'No'. Only because I couldn't imagine grabbing an innocent infant and killing it.

Done. See you next thread.