Options

Could You Kill a Baby Hitler?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    JimmyV said:

Nope. I still feel guilty about a cat's tail I pulled when I was 8. (True story.) No way I could kill a baby.

But if you knew thst it would save millions of millions of lives... still no??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    "i don't always kill baby hitler, but when i do, i enjoy a cold refreshing glass of moonshine straight from kentucky or tennessee or missouri or hawaii"
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

"i don't always kill baby hitler, but when i do, i enjoy a cold refreshing glass of moonshine straight from kentucky or tennessee or missouri or hawaii"

He is... the most interesting man in the 10 club.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,761
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa wait a minute. If you could go back in time... (uh huh)... why the drastic measure of killing the kid? What was Hitler's greatest weapon? That's right, his words. If you've figured out how to go back in time, surely you can make him mute, right? A silent little Adolph would have little impact on history. I mean, really, the German nation rallying around someone signing? Not gonna happen. Maybe he would have grown up to be the world's greatest advocate for deaf and mute folks. If we're going to change history, let's do something good :smile:

Like cutting out a baby's tongue?? That would be just as fucked up as killing him (if he didn't bleed to death or choke to death on his blood).
    Oh, I totally agree! No, I'm as much against mutilation as I am killing. Sorry for being misleading.

No, guess I was being a bit ironic. I meant that if you had the power to go back in time maybe you could just as easily make him speechless without harming him. To most of us at least, both that and time travel are ridiculously impossible prospects.

The point I wanted to make is that instead of looking at the situation as "what can we kill", to me it would make more sense to look at what we can do to prevent that kind of evil.

How about intervening at as early an age as possible with childhood cruelty to animals? The article linked below states that, " In fact, nearly all violent crime perpetrators have a history of animal cruelty in their profiles". Working to solve that sort of problem would probably do a lot more than fantasizing murdering a baby. And I say this with no offense to those who are close to holocaust victims. Much anger around that is totally understandable, but maybe look at a more useful solution?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-human-equation/201104/children-who-are-cruel-animals-when-worry
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    chadwick said:

Yee fuckin haw Chad.
    How could y'all not boot stomp the little devil fucker.1 baby for millions of other babies.Whats to think about.
    I might televise that shit so other babies wouldn't get any ideas.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,940
    PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

Nope. I still feel guilty about a cat's tail I pulled when I was 8. (True story.) No way I could kill a baby.

But if you knew thst it would save millions of millions of lives... still no??
    Don't know if I could do it. Don't think I could.

Now, annoying brat toddler Hitler whose parents don't like to say no to him and who has discovered how to shriek when he wants something...maybe a different story. :lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    No I could never harm a baby no matter who they were born as ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rr165892 said:

chadwick said:

Yee fuckin haw Chad.
    How could y'all not boot stomp the little devil fucker.1 baby for millions of other babies.Whats to think about.
    I might televise that shit so other babies wouldn't get any ideas.
    Hahahhahaha good one!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004

No I could never harm a baby no matter who they were born as ...

Me neither, babies are always innocent.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,839
    Umm, not to mix issues, but how many babies are killed every year to abortion? A problem killing baby Hitler? That's just crazy.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,904
    edited October 2015
    why wait til he was born? go back farther to when mom was pregnent and beat the shit out her to induce a miscarriage or cut her open to abort the foetus.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

why wait til he was born? go back farther to when mom was pregnent and beat the shit out her to induce a miscarriage or cut her open to abort the foetus.

Good idea and rip pops sac off.Problem solved
  • Options
    Wow, I am guenuinely surprised that so many people are saying no!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited October 2015
    chadwick said:

And with this I've satisfied my 10c board enjoyment for the day.

Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Callen would shame the baby to death for being white and born to privilege.Lol
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ,me you and Chad will go baby hitler annihilation tour.Kick the shit out that little rascist fuck his friends and family also.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    There was some weird article about how the whole "kill baby Hitler" thing is bogus because if you killed baby Hitler, then there wouldn't have been WWII and then there would be no reason to kill him.
    Stuff like that confuses me.
    60 million people were killed in WWII. I don't know, so maybe I could kill baby Hitler after all.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852
    PJ_Soul said:

I couldn't fucking do it. I'd rather do something to make Hitler Mama infertile. I remember about 10 years ago I saw a bee.....I stomped on it for no fucking reason.......it was an INSECT, and over a decade later I still remember it and how sad I felt for doing it. So no, I couldn't. Hitler wasn't Hitler yet. He had done nothing wrong as a baby.

Could I slice his throat with a dull knife as an adult? no issue with that.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rr165892 said:

Callen would shame the baby to death for being white and born to privilege.Lol

No shame. No shame. Just perspective. :)
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Good to hear peoples opinions on the death penalty don't conflict with killing a baby.
    Everyone who says they would is full of shit.
  • Options
    and good day to you RR
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

Lol
    true fact is we were all born in Gods image of natural born love like the first smile on a baby's face bc of warmth and affection we long it
    if we are raised otherwise it's no longer because we don't love it's bc we haven been shown it
    And we become nasty it's natural instinct beat a dog up it will soon show you or the next person trying to be kind to it how nasty it can be, the truth to your point is the baby would never be born evil neither if it's taught to hate bc love brings out hate or I should say hurt or pride that's why children should always be given chance until it's old and "stable" enough to know better and there such thing as a bad rollercoaster where the person could be and adult and had experience this from childhood and then went to drugs and was never given right opportunity to learn or be shown different or know better bc of misfortune this is why we have prison and should have punishment and teaching so they can learn and be forgiven I do love mercy for them no matter the crime bc have we all not done stupid things growing up in a healthy home?? What more so someone who's been shown evil and went off the rails of drugs and misfortunes

didn't this god guy sacrifice (read kill) his baby?
  • Options
    edited October 2015

PJ_Soul said:

I couldn't fucking do it. I'd rather do something to make Hitler Mama infertile. I remember about 10 years ago I saw a bee.....I stomped on it for no fucking reason.......it was an INSECT, and over a decade later I still remember it and how sad I felt for doing it. So no, I couldn't. Hitler wasn't Hitler yet. He had done nothing wrong as a baby.

For me, how I would personally feel about doing it is irrelevant. I wouldn't care if it drove me crazy and I lived with some kind of terrible trauma for the rest of my life and then went to hell for doing it. 60 million people's lives are a hell of a lot more important than my own life or my feelings of guilt. I'd suck it up and do it anyway.

I think the "game" assumes that killing baby Hitler is your only shot. Let's assume that rendering his mother infertile or whatever other easier plan you can think of are not options.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,761
    eddiec said:

Umm, not to mix issues, but how many babies are killed every year to abortion? A problem killing baby Hitler? That's just crazy.

The old question of does abortion kill babies or fetuses. No doubt we've beaten that issue to death on this forum. But regardless, I'm willing to bet more people here would support aborting Hitler as a fetus than would be in favor of killing Hitler as a born baby.

But again, look at all the emphasis on killing. Come on people, is that how we solve our problems? Kill kill kill something?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJS, yeah if you strip away all the stigma.
  • Options

JWPearl said:

Lol
    true fact is we were all born in Gods image of natural born love like the first smile on a baby's face bc of warmth and affection we long it
    if we are raised otherwise it's no longer because we don't love it's bc we haven been shown it
    And we become nasty it's natural instinct beat a dog up it will soon show you or the next person trying to be kind to it how nasty it can be, the truth to your point is the baby would never be born evil neither if it's taught to hate bc love brings out hate or I should say hurt or pride that's why children should always be given chance until it's old and "stable" enough to know better and there such thing as a bad rollercoaster where the person could be and adult and had experience this from childhood and then went to drugs and was never given right opportunity to learn or be shown different or know better bc of misfortune this is why we have prison and should have punishment and teaching so they can learn and be forgiven I do love mercy for them no matter the crime bc have we all not done stupid things growing up in a healthy home?? What more so someone who's been shown evil and went off the rails of drugs and misfortunes

Ouch
  • Options
    callen said:

JWPearl said:

Lol

Ouch
    Yeah, and everyone else on Earth, excluding one family. God is a much more prolific murderer than Hitler was.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

For me, how I would personally feel about doing it is irrelevant. I wouldn't care if it drove me crazy and I lived with some kind of terrible trauma for the rest of my life and then went to hell for doing it. 60 million people's lives are a hell of a lot more important than my own life or my feelings of guilt. I'd suck it up and do it anyway.

I think the "game" assumes that killing baby Hitler is your only shot. Let's assume that rendering his mother infertile or whatever other easier plan you can think of are not options.
    well, if that's the only option, and I knew that someone wouldn't fill the void of no Hitler and commit the Holocaust anyway, then I suppose I'd have to live with killing a baby.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Back at ya Cal.More rain I see is heading your way.Hope all is well
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    What are the implications here:

1. Kill Hitler and maybe the US doesn't drop the bomb on Japan. Different enemy but with the allies able to focus more on Japan it probably wouldn't have been needed. WWII would still happen just without the European part of the war. Maybe no cold war happens.

2. What if one of the killed in the European conflict would have invented some machine that brings the rise of Skynet. Humanity ends up fighting machines instead of Nazi's. I believe we would have had more casulaties fighting machines now than we lost in WWII. Or what if one of the killed created some future biochemical and mankind is wiped off this planet?

So my answer is No. You don't fuck with history or Nature no matter how bad it was. It could always be worse.

Now if we asked who could go back in history and kill baby Barry Manilow for unleashing horrible elevator and grocery store music on us my answer would be yes. No to writting the songs that make the whole world cover their ears.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle