Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,888

I can't wait to see the shit storm when all the backspacers and side-project vinyl show up:)
    See more on Know Your Meme

Highly doubt there will be much bitching. Those who get the less desired vinyl will most likely say something along the lines of "I got Backspacer, oh well" and move on. Not much room for bitching about something you KNEW you had a good chance of getting.
    you new around these parts? LOL we are currently sitting at a 69 page thread of bitching from people who knew the site was going to be overloaded and the majority was going to get shut out. yet, here they are, bitching bitching bitching.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 143
    Haha, "honestly guys, I don't mind getting a black backspacer, but one of the corners is creased! This is bs, can't 10c do anything right???" Etc
  • Options

2.20, 2.21..whatever it takes!
    you guys are breaking my heart that actually checked out successfully and didn't get refunded!

Lol
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,682
    No refund yet but I am getting my money's worth with some of the funny shit I read on this page.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,485

I can't wait to see the shit storm when all the backspacers and side-project vinyl show up:)
    See more on Know Your Meme

Highly doubt there will be much bitching. Those who get the less desired vinyl will most likely say something along the lines of "I got Backspacer, oh well" and move on. Not much room for bitching about something you KNEW you had a good chance of getting.
    :lol:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774

Yup, if I get something I don't want that has little value I'll take it to a charity shop. Or if it's something rare like blue backspacer I'll try trade on these boards for one of the albums I'm missing like binaural or no code.

Oh man, the agony.

Say I get a white Backspacer. I already have a black Backspacer. Keep both or trade white one for a vinyl I don't have...hmmmm...
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Did anyone else get a confirmation of a complimentary enamel cup added to their order because of seniority?
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited April 2015

Seems like there is a 50/50 chance of getting a pretty desirable LP but the odds on the 7s are not so good.

Would like to think that all packages will be balanced out but the figures don't add up.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    edited April 2015

Suziemay said:

Credit card charge still pending. Will continue the useless and completely unproductive hoping, agonizing, finger-crossing, order history-checking, etc etc etc...

Same here. Still pending on my cc. It's completely useless hoping but I'm doing it anyway. I got the order confirmation screen with a number. Didn't screen shot it. (Stupid) no email. Nothing in order history. My cc pending transaction is dated 4/20. I made 2 other purchases Saturday morning before the mystery sale (yes to practice the check out process. Lol) those 2 are also still pending but dated 4/18. I'm reading way too much into this. It would have been so fun to actually participate in this. Anything I would get would be awesome since I have so few pj vinyl.
    Jen, exactly the same experience on the day and still waiting exactly the same. Still hoping
    :peace:

Post edited by shetellsherself on
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    If anyone gets vinyls they already have I have a solution: 1. bundle them back up. 2. I'll pay you $60.whatever you paid 3. you send it off to me.

No complaining needed. :hang_loose:
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

If anyone gets vinyls they already have I have a solution: 1. bundle them back up. 2. I'll pay you $60.whatever you paid 3. you send it off to me.

Deal. I will even cover the shipping. Although if it's Backspacer or LB, I will have to throw something else in to even it out. Wouldn't feel right about that.
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    this tread alone is worth a $60 fee...
    i like sound...
  • Options

Deal. I will even cover the shipping. Although if it's Backspacer or LB, I will have to throw something else in to even it out. Wouldn't feel right about that.
    Wow! Thx so much! My day just brightened! Sent you a pm. :coffee:
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    9/26/15 New York City
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    realisthisrealisthis Posts: 136
    STILL HAVEN'T RESPONDED TO MY EMAIL.. and the charge is now gone..

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    edited April 2015
    benjs said:

Don't forget that since there's more 'commodity' vinyl than 'rare' vinyl on both, if 10C pairs a 'commodity' 7" with a 'rare' 12", then 'commodity' 12" with 'rare' 7", what's left is a whole lot of 'commodity' 12"/7" packages, and your odds of receiving exclusively 'commodity' vinyl actually increases.

Huh, isn't it quite the opposite? The other option is that some 'rare' 12" and 7" are paired together. That means more 'commodity' only pairs, i.e. increased odds of receiving exclusively 'commodity' vinyl.

Regardless of what they decide to do, the number of vinyl is fixed and the expected value of your package is the same. Spreading the 'rare' vinyl amongst more packages simply changes the shape of the distribution.
    Post edited by bazzer on
  • Options
    GH10585GH10585 Posts: 3

Zod said:

As ridiculous as I think all the hubub over products is, the service by this club, server related or not, is just incredibly horrible. In my industry, when you know the demand will cause bandwidth issues, you upgrade/add to your servers. Simple as that. Just blatantly ignoring this single issue just shows blatant disregard for your customer.

In that regard, I also don't expect companies to shell out huge wads of dough to handle peak traffic they only experience once or twice a year. It's expensive and a lot of redundant capacity (most of the time). Most website's on the internet will buckle under a spike in traffic. It makes little sense to have your servers so robust that they never fail.

In my not so humble opion I wouldn't expect a mom and pop organization to blow a load of money on servers they don't need 99 percent of the time. I would only ask they put some thought into it. Informing rabid PJ fan's who collect vinyl and everything else PJ, that there's going to be a sale of rare vinyl in two weeks. That's asking for problems. That by itself caused a spike in traffic. They could either hold a lottery for those interested or put them for sale at a random time. Either way would solve the issue. I think the two weeks heads up notice was a bad idea.
    10C isn't mom and pop. they are the offshoot of a mutli-million dollar enterprise. their entire organization's bread and butter is online sales. if they wanted to sell their own shit, because they claim that fans are their first priority, then make good on that statement. ticket sales crush this place. sales like these crush this place. if you can't handle it, farm it out to someone that can.

I see that point, but
    -if you give people enough notice, the site crashes.....people bitch.
    -if you don't give people a heads up, and they miss out.....people bitch
    -if you do a lottery, and people get shut out.....people bitch

and those who scored.......when they get the package they weren't hoping for, or their record sleeve isn't in pristine condition, they will bitch.

the problem is two fold: the people around here expect too much (the materialism sickens me), while at the same time this fanclub delivers too little.

Zod said:

As ridiculous as I think all the hubub over products is, the service by this club, server related or not, is just incredibly horrible. In my industry, when you know the demand will cause bandwidth issues, you upgrade/add to your servers. Simple as that. Just blatantly ignoring this single issue just shows blatant disregard for your customer.

In that regard, I also don't expect companies to shell out huge wads of dough to handle peak traffic they only experience once or twice a year. It's expensive and a lot of redundant capacity (most of the time). Most website's on the internet will buckle under a spike in traffic. It makes little sense to have your servers so robust that they never fail.

In my not so humble opion I wouldn't expect a mom and pop organization to blow a load of money on servers they don't need 99 percent of the time. I would only ask they put some thought into it. Informing rabid PJ fan's who collect vinyl and everything else PJ, that there's going to be a sale of rare vinyl in two weeks. That's asking for problems. That by itself caused a spike in traffic. They could either hold a lottery for those interested or put them for sale at a random time. Either way would solve the issue. I think the two weeks heads up notice was a bad idea.
    10C isn't mom and pop. they are the offshoot of a mutli-million dollar enterprise. their entire organization's bread and butter is online sales. if they wanted to sell their own shit, because they claim that fans are their first priority, then make good on that statement. ticket sales crush this place. sales like these crush this place. if you can't handle it, farm it out to someone that can.

I see that point, but

and those who scored.......when they get the package they weren't hoping for, or their record sleeve isn't in pristine condition, they will bitch.

the problem is two fold: the people around here expect too much (the materialism sickens me), while at the same time this fanclub delivers too little.

• Options
    GH10585GH10585 Posts: 3
    Companies do NOT have to pay

Zod said:

I see that point, but

There are many technical solutions that allow companies to scale out when demand peaks and scale down for normal use. This is an extremely common practice for companies I imagine have a lot less financial support for infrastructure. You literally pay for what you use, so why not?
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557

"Our website runs on cookies. If you got all the way to check out, etc, the website would have "thought" you already made your purchase and blocked you from a second purchase. Had you cleared your cache, this would not have occurred.
    Thanks
    10c"

The more I think about this, the more it bothers me. I'm not an IT expert by any means, but something about blaming it on cookies and claiming that the problem could have been fixed by clearing the cache seems sketchy. Why, then, were some people given multiple order numbers? Why were some who got through the process and received a pending credit card charge and a blank white screen able to get back in to the second wave?

To my knowledge, cookies are browser specific. Yet I had the shop open on both Firefox and Chrome. I made the initial "purchase" (which got me a confirmation page with no order #) on Firefox. When I tried to get one again during the second wave, I did so on both Firefox AND Chrome, and then even opened Internet Explorer to try there. All three gave me the same message about not being able to purchase because supposedly I had already bought one. Can someone with more computer knowledge than I have verify if this is a legit cookie issue or not?
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    kg162716 said:

just_one said:

To bad you cant see the weight on international orders :(

I have a feeling that the "big ticket items" will remain in the US. That way they are actually able to track them.

^^if that is the truth, I'd be unreal pissed....
    Make a thread for trade, see who got what where...

oh come on guys, we're now second guessing something we have no idea about........no need to fan the flames
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737

"You received an order confirmation screen in error. Unfortunately your order did not go through.
    If there had been an order number associated with this confirmation screen, you would see the order in your profile and you would receive an order confirmation email.
    Our website runs on cookies. If you got all the way to check out, etc, the website would have "thought" you already made your purchase and blocked you from a second purchase. Had you cleared your cache, this would not have occurred.
    Thanks
    10c"
    In other words stupid us for not knowing that with Tenclub 1- you get false confirmations and 2- your essentially a dumbf'"'" cause you did not realize you had to clear your cookies to make a purchase that you did not even think would go through as you got the said confirmation... sorry to give more fuel to this but this even worse than I thought, I wish I did not ask!

Well, I see a lot of negativity about this reply. BUT, it doesn't read so terribly....I don't think there was any intention to blame the fan there or to offend, its actually a pretty solid attempt to explain why an order wasn't successful

It certainly doesn't read to me that 'you should have cleared your cookies/cache memory', it was more an explanation as to what caused it to happen as far as they know, by going further to explain the cache element was probably merely to explain the issue right through. I don't think anyone is intending to suggest there you would be expected to do that more explaining things from their end.

• Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291

"Our website runs on cookies. If you got all the way to check out, etc, the website would have "thought" you already made your purchase and blocked you from a second purchase. Had you cleared your cache, this would not have occurred.
    Thanks
    10c"

The more I think about this, the more it bothers me. I'm not an IT expert by any means, but something about blaming it on cookies and claiming that the problem could have been fixed by clearing the cache seems sketchy. Why, then, were some people given multiple order numbers? Why were some who got through the process and received a pending credit card charge and a blank white screen able to get back in to the second wave?

To my knowledge, cookies are browser specific. Yet I had the shop open on both Firefox and Chrome. I made the initial "purchase" (which got me a confirmation page with no order #) on Firefox. When I tried to get one again during the second wave, I did so on both Firefox AND Chrome, and then even opened Internet Explorer to try there. All three gave me the same message about not being able to purchase because supposedly I had already bought one. Can someone with more computer knowledge than I have verify if this is a legit cookie issue or not?
    Having the appropriate IT background I can verify your thoughts: Cookies are browser specific - Using a different browser would procude equal results to clearing your browser cache. I would also not diagnose a Cookie-Problem here.

That being said and also having expirienced situations like this from the technical side of the seller - Such scenarios of high load and multiple software-parts interacting can be highly complex (Did the server crash between the users sessions? Which part of the software responended, which not, etc.) and providing an accurate explaination is really difficult for the sellers side (especially for individual cases that happend and if you don't have the technical background - I have seen IT-Companies not getting this right). I give them kudos for even trying to explain...

My 2 cents to the whole discussion: I would support the call for a cloud /scaling environment which could handle higher loads dynamically, but still this is easy to "want" and difficult to implement. It depends also very strongly on how the shop software and all connected parts are built - not everything can just be thrown at the cloud or a bigger server and scales well (without introducing more problems)
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,866
    edited April 2015
    one_stone said:

Thanks
    10c"

Having the appropriate IT background I can verify your thoughts: Cookies are browser specific - Using a different browser would procude equal results to clearing your browser cache. I would also not diagnose a Cookie-Problem here.

That being said and also having expirienced situations like this from the technical side of the seller - Such scenarios of high load and multiple software-parts interacting can be highly complex (Did the server crash between the users sessions? Which part of the software responended, which not, etc.) and providing an accurate explaination is really difficult for the sellers side (especially for individual cases that happend and if you don't have the technical background - I have seen IT-Companies not getting this right). I give them kudos for even trying to explain...

My 2 cents to the whole discussion: I would support the call for a cloud /scaling environment which could handle higher loads dynamically, but still this is easy to "want" and difficult to implement. It depends also very strongly on how the shop software and all connected parts are built - not everything can just be thrown at the cloud or a bigger server and scales well (without introducing more problems)
    Maybe you should go fix their website, they need some help.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    a5pj said:

one_stone said:

Thanks
    10c"

Maybe you should go fix their website, they need some help.
    :-) Honestly when I read about everybody F5-ing like crazy makes me feel pretty sick from the technical point of view (while I can totally relate from the fan-side, doing it myself). Fixing this would be a huge project. But for a Benny and some tickets I might be bribeable ;-)
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,657
    If anyone gets or has- Lost Dogs on vinyl and wanted to trade for Ryan Adams live at Carnegie Hall vinyl box set and White Stripes Get Behind Me Satan RSD vinyl let me know.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Shoot. I didn't get one. Oh well.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,682
    An update on previous status checks that made me chuckle.
    I have been checking my bank account daily to see the $60.99 pending charge go away. Still there.
    The order did not show up in my Order History and I know from the rather direct emails others have shared from 10C that this means I am obviously some sort of moron if I dont understand that if it doesn't show in this section that I never ordered it.
    For grins I went to check my Order History and there is nothing, it is blank. The thousands of dollars of items over the years ordered there are not listed. Which must mean that I never ordered them...so I laughingly wonder, do I get my money back?
    ;)

Oh well!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    So do you think everyone will sell their extra mystery vinyl they don't want for $60 or will it be market value?? And will those that scored trade vinyls based on market value?? Just expect so...this will be interesting to watch unfold. All the internal ten club flipping. Can't wait til all the pm me if interested. Do you think the mods will crack down on all those behind the scenes auctions without posting prices??
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

An update on previous status checks that made me chuckle.
    I have been checking my bank account daily to see the $60.99 pending charge go away. Still there.
    The order did not show up in my Order History and I know from the rather direct emails others have shared from 10C that this means I am obviously some sort of moron if I dont understand that if it doesn't show in this section that I never ordered it.
    For grins I went to check my Order History and there is nothing, it is blank. The thousands of dollars of items over the years ordered there are not listed. Which must mean that I never ordered them...so I laughingly wonder, do I get my money back?
    ;)

Oh well!

Maybe you CLEARED YOUR COOKIES!!!!
    :rofl:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    one_stone said:

Thanks
    10c"

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I understand that it's sometimes hard to explain these issues, but man, I wish they would have just left it as "it was a technical issue that we have yet to figure out" rather than try to pass it off as a cookie/cache issue. More to the point, to explain that we would have been fine if we had cleared our cache (implying that WE could have done something to make the purchase) -- which, according to your explanation, is wrong -- is pretty fucked up.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003

;)

Oh well!

Assuming you're using an iPhone....
    Order History shows blank on iphone Google Chrome, if you use Safari, it will populate correctly.

i like sound...