Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    edited April 2015
    Ten Club is like a marriage. You will get disappointed, you will get angry, you will get frustrated. But at the end of the day, you're happy that there is one. It sounds strange now, but.. it sounded more philosophic when I typed it. :).
    Post edited by JustaPJFan on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741

Ten Club is like a marriage. You will get disappointed, you will get angry, you will get frustrated. But at the end of the day, you're happy that there is one. It sounds strange now, but.. it sounded more philosophic when I typed it. :).

But 50% of marriages end in divorce. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Yep, my wife doesn't give me the goods either
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,996
    rival. said:

the only point i am trying to make is that the 10c has the ball in their court. i hope they pair everything up the best they can so everyone feels they get a fair shake for their $50. everyone is well aware of the odds, and i hope everyone that entered realized that this is a gamble and they could very well walk away with a backspacer and a recent christmas single, just like they can hit the jackpot with a benny paired with a sevens. that's all part of the excitement and i was okay kicking a $50 punt to get an OPPORTUNITY to score one of the vinyls that i am missing in my collection.

the PJ/EV mystery boxes were similar, but they were at least able to fill them all with enough chachkies where most felt they got what they paid for. here, you are only receiving two items and you see this place when it comes to vinyls....... expectations, expectations, expectations.

Honestly - I bought a 7" and a 12". I'm fully aware both might be great, one might be great, none might be great. I'm also aware I might already have both. A fair shake for $50 means a random 7"/7" package gets inserted, and a random 12"/12" package gets inserted, and then a random shipping label gets affixed to the box. Anything else actually is inherently unfair: don't forget that since there's more 'commodity' vinyl than 'rare' vinyl on both, if 10C pairs a 'commodity' 7" with a 'rare' 12", then 'commodity' 12" with 'rare' 7", what's left is a whole lot of 'commodity' 12"/7" packages, and your odds of receiving exclusively 'commodity' vinyl actually increases.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 770
    PJ_Soul said:

But 50% of marriages end in divorce. :lol:
    And the marriage is assumed to be the main reason of any divorce
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,552
    This thread has been nothing but a rehash of the same complaints for the last 30 pages. Probably time to close it and move on.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:

This thread has been nothing but a rehash of the same complaints for the last 30 pages. Probably time to close it and move on.

I agree with this.
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    on2legs said:

Never. This is the new "pictures where Ed looks hot" thread. :open_mouth:
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    Whoever had the idea to get PJ signatures on the less rare stuff hit the nail on the head...

How about a SIGNED Backspacer, eh?
  • Options
    edited April 2015

on2legs said:

I liked that thread though. Why is it gone? :(.
  • Options

on2legs said:

Because Ed turned 50.

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options

on2legs said:

Because Ed turned 50.
    I thought you then turned to you're best sex appeal. Guess I am wrong.
  • Options
    The U2 issues started when they out-sourced the fan club, (Propaganda).

U2 like PJ used to treat their fans with a level of respect that endeared them, and helped build the fan base in a grass roots way.
    Propaganda ran for almost twenty years, offered ticket pre-sales, exclusive merch., gifts, limited edition releases, etc.
    It had a very loyal, very large following.
    The concept was to enhance the fan experience and loyalty, a 'we are in this together mentality', if you will.
    I would suspect, however, it was not a profit centre.

When it became U2.com, they outsourced the mgmt. to Fan-fire, and subsequently Live Nation.
    I think any PJ fan can guess what happens when Live Nation/ Ticketmaster gets involved.
    Long term fans were given the shaft in favour of getting new Customers, ticket pre-sales became a joke, orders were lost or cancelled for no reason, communication became rude or non-existent.
    Does any of this sound familiar?

Ten Club has to be held accountable to the concepts and values the band established it to reflect,
    otherwise it is no better than if it was run by LN or TM. The loyal fans will change their view and the fan base will erode over time. They will still love the band, but lose the dedication. Loyalty is a two-way street.

To other long term fans, who feel compelled to defend the band at all costs ; understand that the band is not close enough to the issues to fix them. Like all big acts they have become dis-connected, its not their fault- it is inevitable.

Sorry to compare, but I have seen this before and know how the movie ends, I don't need to stay for the credits.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    wg said:

Whoever had the idea to get PJ signatures on the less rare stuff hit the nail on the head...

How about a SIGNED Backspacer, eh?

It's a good idea. They should do that for at least some of them. Why not, right?? Hey, you never know. Maybe they already thought of that. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,735

Best analogy in all 69 pages!

Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    on2legs said:

Which has rehashed the same complaints from the past 10+ years
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    simalarionsimalarion Posts: 74
    edited April 2015
    Crap!, i did miss out on this! ....This would be the one thing making all my Ten memberships worth my money becouse i am a vinyl collector(but above all i listen to them, offcourse), and i miss out on This, becouse im quite sure this sale only lasted for one day or somthing?...

!disappointed! (in myself)

Post edited by simalarion on
    What did the Romans ever do for us?
  • Options

Crap!, i did miss out on this!....This would be the one thing making all my Ten memberships worth my money becouse i am a vinyl collector, and i miss out on it, becouse im quite sure this only lasted for one day or somthing?...

There was a week's warning, and it was advertised in the monthy newsletter. I think you just need to pay a bit more attention from now on! ;)
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I'm still trying to check out........
    Multiple select address screens...check.
    Multiple you are not a member or not logged in screens...check
    White Screens...check.
    You have already ordered this product screen...check.
    I'm awaiting the Go Fuck Yourself screen...then the process will be complete.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    simalarionsimalarion Posts: 74
    edited April 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

Crap!, i did miss out on this!....This would be the one thing making all my Ten memberships worth my money becouse i am a vinyl collector, and i miss out on it, becouse im quite sure this only lasted for one day or somthing?...

There was a week's warning, and it was advertised in the monthy newsletter. I think you just need to pay a bit more attention from now on! ;)
    je je, to much is happening around me these days, this is not the only important thing that slipped my mind lately. On the bright side i cant pull my hair out... I Reckon ppl will update this thread when the Mysteri package arrive.

Benaroya hall, Riot Act, Avocado - is the lucky winners :)
    Post edited by simalarion on
    What did the Romans ever do for us?
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    bruinfans said:

The U2 issues started when they out-sourced the fan club, (Propaganda).

U2 like PJ used to treat their fans with a level of respect that endeared them, and helped build the fan base in a grass roots way.
    Propaganda ran for almost twenty years, offered ticket pre-sales, exclusive merch., gifts, limited edition releases, etc.
    It had a very loyal, very large following.
    The concept was to enhance the fan experience and loyalty, a 'we are in this together mentality', if you will.
    I would suspect, however, it was not a profit centre.

When it became U2.com, they outsourced the mgmt. to Fan-fire, and subsequently Live Nation.
    I think any PJ fan can guess what happens when Live Nation/ Ticketmaster gets involved.
    Long term fans were given the shaft in favour of getting new Customers, ticket pre-sales became a joke, orders were lost or cancelled for no reason, communication became rude or non-existent.
    Does any of this sound familiar?

Ten Club has to be held accountable to the concepts and values the band established it to reflect,
    otherwise it is no better than if it was run by LN or TM. The loyal fans will change their view and the fan base will erode over time. They will still love the band, but lose the dedication. Loyalty is a two-way street.

To other long term fans, who feel compelled to defend the band at all costs ; understand that the band is not close enough to the issues to fix them. Like all big acts they have become dis-connected, its not their fault- it is inevitable.

Sorry to compare, but I have seen this before and know how the movie ends, I don't need to stay for the credits.

Please don't compare U2 to PJ. Bono weighs at least 170 kuriks. Smh.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited April 2015
    double post

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited April 2015

on2legs said:

woah, woah, woah
    No one is complaining whatsoever here.
    explain yourself!
    We are simple 10c members expressing our emotions for all to comprehend.
    Like a rosebush with extra thorns we are 10c.

I am so pissed off that I didn't get a pm from 10c about this record sale before anyone else.
    I don't want to talk about it anymore.
    I demand 10c to make this right!

Edit - Now that my tears have dried up about this sale that I did not even participate in I have a compelling urge to still bitch. Help me, it can't be stopped.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,015
    edited April 2015

Suziemay said:

Credit card charge still pending. Will continue the useless and completely unproductive hoping, agonizing, finger-crossing, order history-checking, etc etc etc...

Same here. Still pending on my cc. It's completely useless hoping but I'm doing it anyway. I got the order confirmation screen with a number. Didn't screen shot it. (Stupid) no email. Nothing in order history. My cc pending transaction is dated 4/20. I made 2 other purchases Saturday morning before the mystery sale (yes to practice the check out process. Lol) those 2 are also still pending but dated 4/18. I'm reading way too much into this. It would have been so fun to actually participate in this. Anything I would get would be awesome since I have so few pj vinyl.
    Jen, exactly the same experience on the day and still waiting exactly the same. Still hoping
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited April 2015
    I can't wait to see the shit storm when all the backspacers and side-project vinyl show up:)
    See more on Know Your Meme
  • Options

I can't wait to see the shit storm when all the backspacers and side-project vinyl show up:)

Listening to all the bitching and being able to comment about the bitching make membership fees
    so worth it. - Even the analogue fee.

People are going to lose it when they get records they didn't really want.
  • Options

Highly doubt there will be much bitching. Those who get the less desired vinyl will most likely say something along the lines of "I got Backspacer, oh well" and move on. Not much room for bitching about something you KNEW you had a good chance of getting.

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I think it's still a cool gif either way.
  • Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 143
    Yup, if I get something I don't want that has little value I'll take it to a charity shop. Or if it's something rare like blue backspacer I'll try trade on these boards for one of the albums I'm missing like binaural or no code.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

You guys think you're just so funny. :grin:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.