Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    fuchs77fuchs77 Germany Posts: 81
    I don't have a tracking number. There is just the order number in the shipping mail
    96 Hamburg, 00 Hamburg, 06 Berlin, 07 Hurricane Festival
    10 London, 12 Amsterdam I & II, Copenhagen,  13 London & Chicago
    14 Amsterdam, Mailand, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    15 Sao Paulo, Brasilia, Belo Horizonte, Rio
    18 Amsterdam, London², Prag, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
  • Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 143
    PJ_Soul said:

A friend of me in Sweden got his RECORD STORE DAY TEN CLUB MYSTERY VINY shipped with UPS and tracking. Anyone else outside America got UPS shipping?

Could it be that the package is only trackable in the US leg of its journey? I think I had that happen before too when I was still in Europe... Or did your friend mistake the order number as a tracking number?

I'm also wondering if the person who said they got this tracking number simply misread their email.
    Yeah, pretty sure it's this. The cost of tracking would be half the price of the mystery box...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,589

PJ_Soul said:

A friend of me in Sweden got his RECORD STORE DAY TEN CLUB MYSTERY VINY shipped with UPS and tracking. Anyone else outside America got UPS shipping?

Could it be that the package is only trackable in the US leg of its journey? I think I had that happen before too when I was still in Europe... Or did your friend mistake the order number as a tracking number?

I'm also wondering if the person who said they got this tracking number simply misread their email.
    I have had tracking in the past (on eBay, not 10C). But it stopped at Canadian/US border.

Most tracked packages from the US track all the way to the destimnation. It's just that once it crosses the border you have to switch from USPS to Canada Post. Same tracking number works on both.
    But the 10C doesn't provide a tracking number for international packages at all, as far as I know.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I'm still hoping that I we get something like LD (which we already have), there will be a kind soul on here with a Benny they don't care for as much, but who really wants an LD that would be willing to do a straight-up trade.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

I'm still hoping that I we get something like LD (which we already have), there will be a kind soul on here with a Benny they don't care for as much, but who really wants an LD that would be willing to do a straight-up trade.

I'd do a Benny for Lost Dogs straight up. I'm not a fan of that show so it would sit on my shelf, which doesn't really do me any good. But since I looked at a white screen most of Saturday due to cookies, I won't be able to pull that trade off
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    I'm sorry, Empty. But I am glad to see kindness like this. And who knows, you might get out of this whole thing with something that makes you happy too, even if you did not score.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033

PJ_Soul said:

demetrios said:

hmm .. I guess those outside the USA that received a tracking number from UPS will be receiving a Benny.

:lol:
    Oh, sorry. The idea that international orders might actually get a tracking number as part of the $27 shipping charge is just hilarious. ;)
    It's true, a friend in Sweden got that.
    I am in Canada and 10c stopped giving tracking numbers for my purchases a few years ago.

London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

I'm sorry, Empty. But I am glad to see kindness like this. And who knows, you might get out of this whole thing with something that makes you happy too, even if you did not score.

I did already, this thread
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    still no response from 10c? just people copying & pasting their emails that they've received from them.

hmm....
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002

Suziemay said:

Credit card charge still pending. Will continue the useless and completely unproductive hoping, agonizing, finger-crossing, order history-checking, etc etc etc...

Same here. Still pending on my cc. It's completely useless hoping but I'm doing it anyway. I got the order confirmation screen with a number. Didn't screen shot it. (Stupid) no email. Nothing in order history. My cc pending transaction is dated 4/20. I made 2 other purchases Saturday morning before the mystery sale (yes to practice the check out process. Lol) those 2 are also still pending but dated 4/18. I'm reading way too much into this. It would have been so fun to actually participate in this. Anything I would get would be awesome since I have so few pj vinyl.
    Jen, exactly the same experience on the day and still waiting exactly the same. Still hoping
    :peace:

OK. Didn't get it. Oh well life goes on
  • Options

Haha! Awesome!

• Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858

I'd do it! Or for Riot Act.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    :plus_one: We'll see what happens!
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858

YES!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

fingers crossed for you, Lisa!! I just wish that I was able to get a chance as well.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    That sucks, mfc :( But... we all don't know what kind of cool and fair trades all of this might initiate. I am crossing my fingers for everyone, scorer or not.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

I can't wait to see the shit storm when all the backspacers and side-project vinyl show up:)
    See more on Know Your Meme

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Well shut my mouth! I just got a UPS tracking number too! This is a first, and a big surprise. Sorry for doubting your friend WhyNotSweden. ;)
  • Options
    Maybe you got a certain something special coming your way :open_mouth:
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,558

Maybe you got a certain something special coming your way :open_mouth:

That's what she said!!
  • Options
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    I have to think the tracking numbers aren't accidents for the international peeps. I would be extra stoked now if I was you, it has to mean something right?
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    I'm so happy now that I am not international anymore. I would be a little bit less excited. But wooooot! Keeping my fingers crossed for folks!
  • Options
    scurtis said:

I have to think the tracking numbers aren't accidents for the international peeps. I would be extra stoked now if I was you, it has to mean something right?

There is no way I'm going to let myself think what i think you're suggesting lol. Thst would be a major setup for disappointment!
    What I am stoked about is that I simply git a tracking number from the 10c. That is a major improvement in their shipping method! :rock_on:
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    So here's a small update:

The rumor going around was that 10C tried to mix the rare stuff with the common so that very few people would get a black Lightning Bolt and a 2010 annual single. The downside would be that very few people would get a Benny and a blue Fixer.

10C says that they were unable to shed light on this rumor, as that would take away the mystery.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    PJ_Soul said:

scurtis said:

There is no way I'm going to let myself think what i think you're suggesting lol. Thst would be a major setup for disappointment!
    What I am stoked about is that I simply git a tracking number from the 10c. That is a major improvement in their shipping method! :rock_on:
    Yeah for sure, but I'm Canadian, I did not get a tracking number. I'm gonna think what I'm suggesting for you... ;)
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

So here's a small update:

The rumor going around was that 10C tried to mix the rare stuff with the common so that very few people would get a black Lightning Bolt and a 2010 annual single. The downside would be that very few people would get a Benny and a blue Fixer.

10C says that they were unable to shed light on this rumor, as that would take away the mystery.

That would be great if it is true...I would hate to get a Backspacer with a 99 problems holiday single.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,920
    I guess anyone outside the USA that received an email from the UPS that reads .. "This message was sent to you at the request of Ten Club to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS" .. scored a kick ass Mystery Vinyl.

Congrats you SOB's!!!
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,971
    edited April 2015
    So tracking outside of the US is 100%confirmed as true?

Since i didnt received anything there goes my chances for a Lost Dogs , Avocato , Sevens i guess :(
    Post edited by just_one on