Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    kenk said:

I just don't understand why they can't just apologize for this type of thing happening? Instead they send out stock emails to those that inquired saying "You received an order confirmation screen in error...Thanks 10c"? That's what gets me. I understand systems failing due to the load on them and have no issues with that. But this time with the people getting locked out from trying again, that is 100% 10c's fault. They could have not released that 2nd batch and allotted those to the cards that got charged without order #s if they wanted to. But that's a lot more work than ignoring the dozens of pissy emails they got. Just say "sorry our system f'd up and it is what it is". That's all I want.

Bingo! That's what's bugging me! People that went online an hour or so later got them when my order that had supposedly gone through(without an order number but CC charge pending) didn't, just disappeared or whatever. :(
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,714

I haven't read every page, but mine just got marked as shipped.

Is this where we start playing the shipping weight game?

Weight (lbs.): 2.2000

HAHA. I just checked, and mine says 2.2 as well.
    For the record - mine does as well. Looks like it's official, friends:

2.2000 pounds = (1 x black Backspacer, white wax weighs more, right?) + (1 x 2012 Christmas Single)
    I weighed by PJ20 triple vinyl and its 1.65kg approx. 3.6lbs, so anything over 4.5lbs would be looking good for a benny
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856

BEST POST I READ ABOUT MYSTERY VINYL..HAHAHAHAHAHAHA./..EPIC!!!

"A tale of woe from this weekend.

Early Saturday morning I went down to the local convenience store because they were having a sale on Coke. I haven’t bought a Coke in a while so I figured I would show up and get one. Other cola is good, but real Coke is special.

Well it was a really good sale and there was only one left by the time I got there. So I picked it up and went to the cashier. I didn’t have any cash so I got out my credit card. When I handed it to the cashier, he asked to see my ID. So I got out my ID and handed it over. He looked at it and then handed it back. But when I tried to hand him my credit card, he stopped me and told me he had memory problems and could not remember who I was. So he asked for my ID again. Confused, I gave him my ID a second time. He looked it over and handed it back. I tried to give him my credit card again. He apologized, said something about OCD, and then asked for my ID again, just to be on the safe side. This went on for about 15 minutes.

Once I finally convinced him that I was who I said I was, he accepted my credit card. But he had trouble swiping it. He tried to swipe it again and again, but the machine wouldn’t read it. So he tried to manually enter the numbers. But before doing that, he once again needed to be reminded who I was, so he asked for my ID again. After 15 minutes or so, he was finally able to successfully enter my credit card number into the register. However, just before he could punch the button to complete the sale, the register apparently blinked off and then back on again, as if it had momentarily lost power. My credit card info was somehow cleared and was no longer on the screen. So the cashier had to re-enter it, after again checking my ID of course, because he wanted to be extra sure I was who I said I was. At this point, my patience was coming to an end and the people in line behind me were getting frustrated.

I set the Coke down on the counter and asked if I could help. The cashier asked me to come look at the screen and see for myself. So I walked around the counter and looked and sure enough, the machine was acting erratically. Every time he entered my credit card number, the screen would blank out and he would have to start over. Now the worst part. The guy behind me was disappointed that they were out of Coke so he got a Pepsi instead. But when I walked around the counter, he saw my Coke sitting there. He must have thought I had abandoned it. Before I could react, he picked up my Coke. Not one second later a second cashier came back from break, opened their register and called for the next person in line. The guy with my Coke took five steps to the right, whipped out his card, gave it to the cashier, paid and walked off with the last Coke while I stood there with my jaw open, examining my cashier’s blank screen. I gathered myself and quietly told the cashier that I would go ahead and take a Pepsi. He asked for my ID.""

That was me. I wrote this post on Facebook.

Thanks!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Flagg said:

Early Saturday morning I went down to the local convenience store because they were having a sale on Coke. I haven’t bought a Coke in a while so I figured I would show up and get one. Other cola is good, but real Coke is special.

Well it was a really good sale and there was only one left by the time I got there. So I picked it up and went to the cashier. I didn’t have any cash so I got out my credit card. When I handed it to the cashier, he asked to see my ID. So I got out my ID and handed it over. He looked at it and then handed it back. But when I tried to hand him my credit card, he stopped me and told me he had memory problems and could not remember who I was. So he asked for my ID again. Confused, I gave him my ID a second time. He looked it over and handed it back. I tried to give him my credit card again. He apologized, said something about OCD, and then asked for my ID again, just to be on the safe side. This went on for about 15 minutes.

Once I finally convinced him that I was who I said I was, he accepted my credit card. But he had trouble swiping it. He tried to swipe it again and again, but the machine wouldn’t read it. So he tried to manually enter the numbers. But before doing that, he once again needed to be reminded who I was, so he asked for my ID again. After 15 minutes or so, he was finally able to successfully enter my credit card number into the register. However, just before he could punch the button to complete the sale, the register apparently blinked off and then back on again, as if it had momentarily lost power. My credit card info was somehow cleared and was no longer on the screen. So the cashier had to re-enter it, after again checking my ID of course, because he wanted to be extra sure I was who I said I was. At this point, my patience was coming to an end and the people in line behind me were getting frustrated.

I set the Coke down on the counter and asked if I could help. The cashier asked me to come look at the screen and see for myself. So I walked around the counter and looked and sure enough, the machine was acting erratically. Every time he entered my credit card number, the screen would blank out and he would have to start over. Now the worst part. The guy behind me was disappointed that they were out of Coke so he got a Pepsi instead. But when I walked around the counter, he saw my Coke sitting there. He must have thought I had abandoned it. Before I could react, he picked up my Coke. Not one second later a second cashier came back from break, opened their register and called for the next person in line. The guy with my Coke took five steps to the right, whipped out his card, gave it to the cashier, paid and walked off with the last Coke while I stood there with my jaw open, examining my cashier’s blank screen. I gathered myself and quietly told the cashier that I would go ahead and take a Pepsi. He asked for my ID.""

Thanks!
    Flagg said:

Thanks!
    me THANKS!!!!!! EPIC!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,726
    Suziemay said:

Credit card charge still pending. Will continue the useless and completely unproductive hoping, agonizing, finger-crossing, order history-checking, etc etc etc...

Haha, this is me as well. I do think it sucks that they dont contact people to tell them what is what but I am OK with it overall, doesn't change the love I have for the band and community. (I just accept that their fan club could not run a smooth "high demand" transaction if everyone's lives depended on it!) :)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,965
    morello said:

kenk said:

I just don't understand why they can't just apologize for this type of thing happening? Instead they send out stock emails to those that inquired saying "You received an order confirmation screen in error...Thanks 10c"? That's what gets me. I understand systems failing due to the load on them and have no issues with that. But this time with the people getting locked out from trying again, that is 100% 10c's fault. They could have not released that 2nd batch and allotted those to the cards that got charged without order #s if they wanted to. But that's a lot more work than ignoring the dozens of pissy emails they got. Just say "sorry our system f'd up and it is what it is". That's all I want.

Bingo! That's what's bugging me! People that went online an hour or so later got them when my order that had supposedly gone through(without an order number but CC charge pending) didn't, just disappeared or whatever. :(
    Sometimes you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't as an online retailer (and I know - I work for one). This company's customer service strategies need some major optimization though.

Some lessons I've learned:

1) Silence is never an acceptable response to customer service issues. Even if it's your own internal process or processing power that's created a problem, a customer is far more likely to be understanding if your response is candid, and acknowledges fault.
    2) It is your job - not the customer's - to propose a fair solution, if you have acted unfairly (and this requires some serious "walking in someone else's shoes"). Anything less, and your customers will (rightfully) contact you to ask what's going on (if you're lucky), and/or slander your name and reputation (more likely). You have earned this if you have chosen not to respond, or if you don't propose a fair solution when you have created an unfair scenario.
    3) The customer tends to dictate when an unfair scenario has presented itself - not you, the online retailer. Your options are either to go through #2 (propose a fair solution), or to justify with sound and non-technical logic why the scenario was actually reasonable. A failure of your own process/processing power is not a legitimate reason, and will not be seen as one.
    4) A prompt response is critical for damage control: negative emotions brew in peoples' minds. Best to pre-empt this, assuage them with an empathetic message (even if it's one that proposes a company investigation into the issue) as soon as humanly possible. If a sale is on a weekend - customer service representatives must be on-site and prepared to deal with the reality that something could go wrong.
    5) Following the prompt response - stay in communication. Provide conservative timelines for resolutions with customers, and share them. There's no reason for anything but full transparency here: your customer feels hurt, and your customer's continued happiness with your company-customer relationship is all that keeps your business alive (truly - regardless of industry).
    6) When possible, provide consolation gifts for a customer's trouble. When products are of limited supply, even being bumped to the 'front of the line' for a future release will be seen as adequate consolation for many customers - requiring zero monetary loss for your company.
    7) When impossible to provide consolation gifts for a customer's trouble, explain that to them. Apologize profusely (and mean it), because if it's gotten this far - you have admitted fault. If your customer service representatives can't apologize profusely (and mean it) when a customer has been slighted - your representatives need to be nurtured to be more empathetic. If they can't do that, show them the door. It is no longer acceptable to act as an inventory-centric company in a customer-centric world. We, as consumers, expect products: but we typically don't remember products, we remember service.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    Suziemay said:

Credit card charge still pending. Will continue the useless and completely unproductive hoping, agonizing, finger-crossing, order history-checking, etc etc etc...

Same here. Still pending on my cc. It's completely useless hoping but I'm doing it anyway. I got the order confirmation screen with a number. Didn't screen shot it. (Stupid) no email. Nothing in order history. My cc pending transaction is dated 4/20. I made 2 other purchases Saturday morning before the mystery sale (yes to practice the check out process. Lol) those 2 are also still pending but dated 4/18. I'm reading way too much into this. It would have been so fun to actually participate in this. Anything I would get would be awesome since I have so few pj vinyl.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    Flagg said:

Thanks!
    Love it!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:

2.2000 pounds = (1 x black Backspacer, white wax weighs more, right?) + (1 x 2012 Christmas Single)
    I weighed by PJ20 triple vinyl and its 1.65kg approx. 3.6lbs, so anything over 4.5lbs would be looking good for a benny
    People are weighing records! I love it.

• Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,714

Kearn5y said:

People are weighing records! I love it.

I did it a couple of weeks ago to get a shipping cost.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited April 2015
    I still like to think that the 2.200 is a number that they used for their bulk shipping. For intl. they used a bigger one to make up for higher shipping cost. Also found this, and that was interesting..

http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/does-ups-ever-get-the-weight-wrong-on-their-tracking-page.351548/
    "If the person you bought the computer from is a volume shipper with UPS then they will give him a bulk rate discount and charge an average weight per package for his business. For instance, if he sells 1 lb. batteries, 5 lbs. laptops and 15 lbs computers all day long then the average is 7 lbs."

Yeah, I'm a little crazy :whistle::blush:
  • Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 828
    Yeah mine says 2.20 too....I wouldn't think anything of it until someone says they got something different than 2.20
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,075
    2.20, 2.21..whatever it takes!
    you guys are breaking my heart that actually checked out successfully and didn't get refunded!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I cannot imagine that anybody who did not score but checked out would not get their money back. Maybe it takes a couple of days.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,945
    Zod said:

As ridiculous as I think all the hubub over products is, the service by this club, server related or not, is just incredibly horrible. In my industry, when you know the demand will cause bandwidth issues, you upgrade/add to your servers. Simple as that. Just blatantly ignoring this single issue just shows blatant disregard for your customer.

In that regard, I also don't expect companies to shell out huge wads of dough to handle peak traffic they only experience once or twice a year. It's expensive and a lot of redundant capacity (most of the time). Most website's on the internet will buckle under a spike in traffic. It makes little sense to have your servers so robust that they never fail.

In my not so humble opion I wouldn't expect a mom and pop organization to blow a load of money on servers they don't need 99 percent of the time. I would only ask they put some thought into it. Informing rabid PJ fan's who collect vinyl and everything else PJ, that there's going to be a sale of rare vinyl in two weeks. That's asking for problems. That by itself caused a spike in traffic. They could either hold a lottery for those interested or put them for sale at a random time. Either way would solve the issue. I think the two weeks heads up notice was a bad idea.
    10C isn't mom and pop. they are the offshoot of a mutli-million dollar enterprise. their entire organization's bread and butter is online sales. if they wanted to sell their own shit, because they claim that fans are their first priority, then make good on that statement. ticket sales crush this place. sales like these crush this place. if you can't handle it, farm it out to someone that can.

I see that point, but
    -if you give people enough notice, the site crashes.....people bitch.
    -if you don't give people a heads up, and they miss out.....people bitch
    -if you do a lottery, and people get shut out.....people bitch

and those who scored.......when they get the package they weren't hoping for, or their record sleeve isn't in pristine condition, they will bitch.

the problem is two fold: the people around here expect too much (the materialism sickens me), while at the same time this fanclub delivers too little.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    sloanedog said:

Hello Benny, I'm brad I have rndm mystery sale. I sit in my tres mtns eating avocado patting my ten legged dog. Wondering what vinyl will be delivered to those who made it thru. What a mad season this competition was it was like a lightning bolt went of in a coke bottle. When the white screen of death it appeared it made my backspacer turn white. The place went into the wild while others just went on in life. The riot act continues thru the rear view mirror I gaze say to my self thank god I'm alive. Good luck to those who were fortunate sons and Daughters who made it thru. Keep on rockin in the free world. It's the music we cherish so kick out the jams. Peace

I love this!
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    Kearn5y said:

In the other thread, they're saying that Mail Innovations gives discounts... 2.2 lbs is the average price of all the packages, so that's what 10C pays to ship.

Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Ten Club just indicated that the order

Just got the $60.99 credited back. Fucking shame, this whole time I thought I was fortunate enough to score one.

Same, but no dice. Oh well, good luck to those who did score one, I will still be interested to read the thread comparing the packages when they arrive!
    hmmm...I am not so interested in the "thread comparing packages"...especially if photos are involved.
    Wait...you meant what people received in the mystery vinyl packages?...never mind.....
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    If I didn't get it, I didn't get it. No big deal for not getting a record.

What is a big deal is the snobby form letter I received in response to a polite email asking why the mystery vinyl isn't in my order history.

"If it's not in your order history then you didn't order it."

I took some business classes in college and rule number one was to never admit fault. They have that covered. But rule number two is to recognize the issue and make things right so the customer is satisfied.

Make them right how? I don't know; that's for them to decide. But something better than a form letter stating that it's my fault that the order didn't go through.

The chances were slim of scoring the vinyl, but the way they are treating us is what pisses me off. They need to follow up with the aforementioned rule two, which they won't.

They know we'll keep paying our $40 for a chance at concert tickets, an annual 7", and we can't forget the stickers!!!

But I'll get over it. Life is too short. I just felt the need to explain why I am upset over the situation. Not because I didn't get the vinyl, but because of their patronizing attitude towards all of us.
  • Options
    UnthoughtNameUnthoughtName Posts: 192
    edited April 2015
    just_one said:

To bad you cant see the weight on international orders :(

I have a feeling that the "big ticket items" will remain in the US. That way they are actually able to track them.

And for those who keep saying a lottery would be better, I think you're wrong. Yes it would be less hassle, but there would be a lot of non-vinyl fans putting in a bid because it was easy to do with the potential for a big reward. Lots of people would play that gamble who wouldn't invest the time for logging on and dealing with the sale. I think first come first served was the best way to go.

Good luck to all. I will be living vicariously through all of you!

Post edited by UnthoughtName on
    Settings > Signature Settings > Hide Signatures Always
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567

just_one said:

I have a feeling that the "big ticket items" will remain in the US. That way they are actually able to track them.

^^if that is the truth, I'd be unreal pissed....
    Make a thread for trade, see who got what where...

Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I'm wondering if anyone else has ever emailed 10C to tell them when they are doing a great job?
    During the PJ20 ticket sale day I knew they were beyond overwhelmed. Getting nasty emails all day long can get tedious. I emailed them saying I knew they were probably getting a lot of hate mail and I felt bad and I wrote them a haiku.
    They replied back with a nice email. They appreciated my email, and the haiku.

I'm also feeling special, I had an order come with the wrong item. When I emailed them they asked that I return the item, it was a tee shirt, with tracking and email them the proof of postage. As soon as they received the shirt back they refunded me the shipping and for my trouble when they sent the shirt I had ordered, they sent me a free bootleg cd of my choice.
    I've also always gotten a quick response from them.

Has no one else gotten good CS from 10C?
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    mindi said:

I'm wondering if anyone else has ever emailed 10C to tell them when they are doing a great job?
    During the PJ20 ticket sale day I knew they were beyond overwhelmed. Getting nasty emails all day long can get tedious. I emailed them saying I knew they were probably getting a lot of hate mail and I felt bad and I wrote them a haiku.

I'm also feeling special, I had an order come with the wrong item. When I emailed them they asked that I return the item, it was a tee shirt, with tracking and email them the proof of postage. As soon as they received the shirt back they refunded me the shipping and for my trouble when they sent the shirt I had ordered, they sent me a free bootleg cd of my choice.

yes, but it seems to be the exception, not the rule. and again, looking at it from a different perspective, it might be that whomever is tasked with CS, is overworked/underpaid/underappreciated/etc/etc.

I have, more often than not, received either a sarcastic response, or none at all.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458

I still like to think that the 2.200 is a number that they used for their bulk shipping. For intl. they used a bigger one to make up for higher shipping cost. Also found this, and that was interesting..

http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/does-ups-ever-get-the-weight-wrong-on-their-tracking-page.351548/
    "If the person you bought the computer from is a volume shipper with UPS then they will give him a bulk rate discount and charge an average weight per package for his business. For instance, if he sells 1 lb. batteries, 5 lbs. laptops and 15 lbs computers all day long then the average is 7 lbs."

Yeah, I'm a little crazy :whistle::blush:

i agree...ups do this shit always
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

mindi said:

yes, but it seems to be the exception, not the rule. and again, looking at it from a different perspective, it might be that whomever is tasked with CS, is overworked/underpaid/underappreciated/etc/etc.

I have, more often than not, received either a sarcastic response, or none at all.

I had ordered the Vault 4 and emailed 10c to update my address to make sure my vinyl would show up at the correct address. They emailed back that it would be no problem. I tracked the package and it went to my old address, but then it said it was getting returned to 10c.
    I think I emailed them that it was getting sent back, then I got a notice from the mailman that there was postage due and I'd have to go pay to bail it out of postal jail.
    I found it hilarious as everybody's packages were taking trips all over the country-i think mine went to LA from Seattle then Arizona, then Utah-something like that. So I posted a pic of the notice on my FB, and said I would email 10c on Monday and ask about the bail money. I got the notice on Thursday, had to wait until Friday after 2pm to get it or something.
    Santos messaged me literally minutes after I posted the pic, and had me send him a copy of my receipt and apologized, I should have never been charged the extra postage. Refunded my money right away.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    stratmadstratmad Posts: 208

Zod said:

As ridiculous as I think all the hubub over products is, the service by this club, server related or not, is just incredibly horrible. In my industry, when you know the demand will cause bandwidth issues, you upgrade/add to your servers. Simple as that. Just blatantly ignoring this single issue just shows blatant disregard for your customer.

In that regard, I also don't expect companies to shell out huge wads of dough to handle peak traffic they only experience once or twice a year. It's expensive and a lot of redundant capacity (most of the time). Most website's on the internet will buckle under a spike in traffic. It makes little sense to have your servers so robust that they never fail.

In my not so humble opion I wouldn't expect a mom and pop organization to blow a load of money on servers they don't need 99 percent of the time. I would only ask they put some thought into it. Informing rabid PJ fan's who collect vinyl and everything else PJ, that there's going to be a sale of rare vinyl in two weeks. That's asking for problems. That by itself caused a spike in traffic. They could either hold a lottery for those interested or put them for sale at a random time. Either way would solve the issue. I think the two weeks heads up notice was a bad idea.
    10C isn't mom and pop. they are the offshoot of a mutli-million dollar enterprise. their entire organization's bread and butter is online sales. if they wanted to sell their own shit, because they claim that fans are their first priority, then make good on that statement. ticket sales crush this place. sales like these crush this place. if you can't handle it, farm it out to someone that can.

I see that point, but
    -if you give people enough notice, the site crashes.....people bitch.
    -if you don't give people a heads up, and they miss out.....people bitch
    -if you do a lottery, and people get shut out.....people bitch

and those who scored.......when they get the package they weren't hoping for, or their record sleeve isn't in pristine condition, they will bitch.

the problem is two fold: the people around here expect too much (the materialism sickens me), while at the same time this fanclub delivers too little.

Well said
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,507
    RKCNDY said:

mindi said:

I had ordered the Vault 4 and emailed 10c to update my address to make sure my vinyl would show up at the correct address. They emailed back that it would be no problem. I tracked the package and it went to my old address, but then it said it was getting returned to 10c.
    I think I emailed them that it was getting sent back, then I got a notice from the mailman that there was postage due and I'd have to go pay to bail it out of postal jail.
    I found it hilarious as everybody's packages were taking trips all over the country-i think mine went to LA from Seattle then Arizona, then Utah-something like that. So I posted a pic of the notice on my FB, and said I would email 10c on Monday and ask about the bail money. I got the notice on Thursday, had to wait until Friday after 2pm to get it or something.
    Santos messaged me literally minutes after I posted the pic, and had me send him a copy of my receipt and apologized, I should have never been charged the extra postage. Refunded my money right away.
    Santos is the man!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    RKCNDY said:

mindi said:

great to hear positive stories.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,879
    Wait a second here.

YOU people are tracking the weight of your shipment?
    Knowing the Benny will weigh more?

Wow.
    Holy Fuck.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,355

just_one said:

I hope not. That would pretty callous. Considering how expensive shipping is for international 10c members, you would knowingly be selling them overpriced leftover vinyl. It would be one thing if I paid $98ish Canadian for a black vinyl of backspacer and a recent 10c single. It would be something else completely if I never had a shot at something rare in the first place.

I imagine it'll be an even spread. It's not like the 10c didn't ship out valued posters to international 10c'ers during the mystery poster sales.