Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869

a5pj said:

a5pj said:

hrd2imgn said:

Time to move on folks, what is done cannot be undone. There will be no magical apology or free whatever. You knew it would be a Cluster, so let's not get too crazy here. Right wrong etc doesn't matter, what is done cannot be undone at this point. No I am not referring to your order status either.

Exactly how most people feel about politics. Isn't this what Eddie speaks so passionately about? Responsibility and Change!

I do get your point and they aren't going to say anything. But this has been going on since they started selling things online, and it should be fixed by now.
    C'mon, are you comparing important issues like war and climate change with somebody's lack of customer service?
    Supposed to be a joke, just like 10C's website when limited items go on sale. :)
    Ha, ok. Never know around these parts. I get the bitching and all. Shit I was pissed too at first. Then I got lucky and it went through. The key word is lucky. At the end of the day it was a crapshoot no matter how everything went down. Random drops piss people off, lottery pisses people off, and now two weeks notice and a log jam of traffic/overload has pissed people off. I really don't think Ten Club can win with limited sales. Should they address it, maybe. They put disclaimers right in the sale saying your order could be cancelled for any reason they saw fit. I don't really know what everyone expects to be done.
    Yeah, I'm all for random drops, keeps it fun. But when they announce something like this going on sale that everyone is going to go for a lottery should have been done, just like they did with tickets, at least it's fair ya know.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

I like fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies

With nuts of course

I prefer oatmeal butterscotch....
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    a5pj said:

a5pj said:

a5pj said:

hrd2imgn said:

Time to move on folks, what is done cannot be undone. There will be no magical apology or free whatever. You knew it would be a Cluster, so let's not get too crazy here. Right wrong etc doesn't matter, what is done cannot be undone at this point. No I am not referring to your order status either.

Exactly how most people feel about politics. Isn't this what Eddie speaks so passionately about? Responsibility and Change!

I do get your point and they aren't going to say anything. But this has been going on since they started selling things online, and it should be fixed by now.
    C'mon, are you comparing important issues like war and climate change with somebody's lack of customer service?
    Supposed to be a joke, just like 10C's website when limited items go on sale. :)
    Ha, ok. Never know around these parts. I get the bitching and all. Shit I was pissed too at first. Then I got lucky and it went through. The key word is lucky. At the end of the day it was a crapshoot no matter how everything went down. Random drops piss people off, lottery pisses people off, and now two weeks notice and a log jam of traffic/overload has pissed people off. I really don't think Ten Club can win with limited sales. Should they address it, maybe. They put disclaimers right in the sale saying your order could be cancelled for any reason they saw fit. I don't really know what everyone expects to be done.
    Yeah, I'm all for random drops, keeps it fun. But when they announce something like this going on sale that everyone is going to go for a lottery should have been done, just like they did with tickets, at least it's fair ya know.
    To me it wasn't much different than a lottery. Some people got lucky and some people didn't.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,044
    haults cookies!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    when Hitler invaded Poland, Im sure Nazi officers were giving better excuses than "Cookies". Come on 10 club!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,423
    For the record, it was only 8 days' notice, not 2 weeks. (I know, I know, I'm being facetious.)
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,833
    edited April 2015

As far as trading goes, if I got a blue backspacer I would straight up trade it for a rare lp like binaural, no code, lost dogs etc as I have no interest in collecting coloured 7".
    However if I got a benayora you'd have to offer me a sweet deal to make me part with it. I.e not neccessarily market value but say all 3 of those lp's mentioned above. Anyone who wouldn't try to fill as many holes in their collection as possible is a better man than I am.

You said fill as many holes . . . as possible

• Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,280
    A friend of me in Sweden got his RECORD STORE DAY TEN CLUB MYSTERY VINY shipped with UPS and tracking. Anyone else outside America got UPS shipping?
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    october22 said:

Shoot. I didn't get one. Oh well.

Not enough complaining. :unamused:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,011
    I got my UPS tracking # 2 days ago, but it's still at the 'information sent to UPS' stage. In other words, they haven't given the package to UPS yet.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,663
    hmm .. I guess those outside the USA that received a tracking number from UPS will be receiving a Benny.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

hmm .. I guess those outside the USA that received a tracking number from UPS will be receiving a Benny.

:lol:
    Oh, sorry. The idea that international orders might actually get a tracking number as part of the $27 shipping charge is just hilarious. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,280
    PJ_Soul said:

demetrios said:

Oh, sorry. The idea that international orders might actually get a tracking number as part of the $27 shipping charge is just hilarious. ;)
    It's true, a friend in Sweden got that.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    demetrios said:

Plus a Sevens set...
  • Options
    edited April 2015

PJ_Soul said:

demetrios said:

Really?! .... 10c has never sent tracking numbers for international packages before.... Anyone else outside of the US get a tracking number? So you figure that ONLY the packages with a Benny would have a tracking number because why? Because 10C is worried about a Benny going missing but not any other album?

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

As far as trading goes, if I got a blue backspacer I would straight up trade it for a rare lp like binaural, no code, lost dogs etc as I have no interest in collecting coloured 7".
    However if I got a benayora you'd have to offer me a sweet deal to make me part with it. I.e not neccessarily market value but say all 3 of those lp's mentioned above. Anyone who wouldn't try to fill as many holes in their collection as possible is a better man than I am.

If you get a blue backspacer I want it
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Seems from the posts the next big thing at pj merch must be some cookies...
    cant wait what will hapen at lost dog forum with trades about those
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    Isn't it ironic how the same people who are bemoaning the possibility of getting Backspacer or Lightning Bolt are wetting their pants about getting Blue Backspacer or Sevens?

Kind of puts things in perspective.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    If anyone gets a lost dogs, Avocado, Binaural, or Yield, Ill take them off your hands. Or LO2L
  • Options

Isn't it ironic how the same people who are bemoaning the possibility of getting Backspacer or Lightning Bolt are wetting their pants about getting Blue Backspacer or Sevens?

There isn't actually any such thing as a blue Backspacer, is there?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    Cookies: The New Sabotage

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

demetrios said:

Really?! .... 10c has never sent tracking numbers for international packages before.... Anyone else outside of the US get a tracking number? So you figure that ONLY the packages with a Benny would have a tracking number because why? Because 10C is worried about a Benny going missing but not any other album?

I've not got one. Maybe it's just random? Other records are worth a lot too.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    JimmyV said:

Cookies: The New Sabotage

Or sabotage cookies..new taste...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,663
    PJ_Soul said:

There isn't. Nothing officially that I know of. But soon a crew in Spain will probably manufacture some pirated blue Pearl Jam vinyl Backspacers & sell them at this summers Vinyl Record Fairs across Europe.
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    PJ_Soul said:

Haha, my bad. I guess that was a joke. My point still stands though, mostly. :D
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347

A friend of me in Sweden got his RECORD STORE DAY TEN CLUB MYSTERY VINY shipped with UPS and tracking. Anyone else outside America got UPS shipping?

Could it be that the package is only trackable in the US leg of its journey? I think I had that happen before too when I was still in Europe... Or did your friend mistake the order number as a tracking number?

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,795

PJ_Soul said:

Haha, my bad. I guess that was a joke. My point still stands though, mostly. :D
    The blue backspacer is clearly just a mistake and the intention was a blue fixer as it was referred to earlier as a 7 inch
  • Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 143
    Yeah sorry, I meant blue fixer . Boy do I feel sheepish haha.
    Also just to clarify my stance on trading, surely something that may never get reissued is worth more than something we all know will get reissued eventually?
    However, I'd never proactively trade or sell it, but if someone made me an offer that was too good to turn down, like the one I mentioned above, I'd have to take it as having a full set of studio lp's means more to me than the benny.

Although I don't know why I'm even talking about it when my brad lp is on its way to me as we speak :)

• Options
    edited April 2015

Could it be that the package is only trackable in the US leg of its journey? I think I had that happen before too when I was still in Europe... Or did your friend mistake the order number as a tracking number?

I'm also wondering if the person who said they got this tracking number simply misread their email.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,044
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm also wondering if the person who said they got this tracking number simply misread their email.
    I have had tracking in the past (on eBay, not 10C). But it stopped at Canadian/US border.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com