Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    jtr101jtr101 Posts: 270
    I haven't received any updated shipping information since the original email, should i expect to see any???
    Enjoy difference. Without it we're all boring!

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,762
    vaggar99 wrote:
    lotsalemon wrote:

I got mine a few minutes ago. I don't even wanna listen to it I'm so f**ckin pissed right now.

All 3 closed ends of the inner sleeve are split, two corners are smashed and there's a big split in the lower end of the jacket.

I really wish they would package these a little better than just sticking them in a box...

I've been saying this for years. 10C are unable to ship vinyl guaranting it arrives safely.
    Last time I adressed 10C, they responded they had replaced items arriving messed up at my doorstep for the last time.

:(

The Vault vinyl that went out a few weeks ago was packed very nicely. of course they charge a lot more for those too. does anyone know if the replacement copies of LB will be hand numbered? was that only for the 10C copies?
    Yeah, Vault #3 was packages amazingly well! ... I have never had any issues at all with their packaging. Everything I've ever order from them has arrived in perfect condition.... Maybe the blame lays more with the postal service. Since I'm in Canada, the package goes to Canada post after it clears customs... perhaps Canada Post handles things way more carefully.

(Still no LB vinyl though!! The mail has come, and nada! Maybe Monday. :roll: )
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jtr101 wrote:
    I haven't received any updated shipping information since the original email, should i expect to see any???
    No, I don't think there is tracking info for those outside the US. We just have to wait.... and wait.... and wait.... :P (but if I'm mistaken, someone please speak up! I would love to find out where my vinyl is sitting if I can!)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mookieb10 wrote:
    I got some red vinyl in the mail today, spun it, but sirens is all messed up. http://twitter.com/mookieb10/status/393 ... 69/photo/1

But it looks GORGEOUS :shock: Congrats!
    I wonder if they will replace red ones with red ones??
  • Options
    Just received an email reply from Sarah Swayer at UMG:

""""""""""We have received your E-Mail and apologize for the inconvenience. A replacement vinyl will be sent to you early next week.

Thank you for your patience.

UMG Customer Service.""""""""""
  • Options
    Just received an email reply from Sarah Swayer at UMG:

""""""""""We have received your E-Mail and apologize for the inconvenience. A replacement vinyl will be sent to you early next week.

UMG Customer Service.""""""""""
    Nice! ... Now to wait to see what the reports on the quality of the replacement vinyl will be! :corn:
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,083
    Just received this email which is upsetting as I don't want to open my vinyl. I wanted to keep it sealed as a collectible. I don't even have a record player to spin it to see if it's defective. I think at this point I just want a full refund.

"Not all product is bad. Please open to confirm whether it's defective or not. If it is please let us know and we will get a replacement vinyl sent early next week."
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Just received this email which is upsetting as I don't want to open my vinyl. I wanted to keep it sealed as a collectible. I don't even have a record player to spin it to see if it's defective. I think at this point I just want a full refund.

"Not all product is bad. Please open to confirm whether it's defective or not. If it is please let us know and we will get a replacement vinyl sent early next week."

Edit: Oops...hit quote by mistake. Then hit submit by mistake :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    Just got my response.
    We have received your E-Mail and apologize for the inconvenience. A replacement vinyl will be sent to you early next week.

UMG Customer Service.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    Just got my response.
    We have received your E-Mail and apologize for the inconvenience. A replacement vinyl will be sent to you early next week.

UMG Customer Service.
    I am pleased that we are not being required to return the defective product before getting a replacement.
  • Options
    If only i had received a defective product in the first place.... hate that the fact that my order is just in LImbo.

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,083
    well I'm feeling much better now with my experience. She just wrote back and told me I can keep it sealed and they will send me a replacement to keep with the sealed version. That's great service and I'm most grateful.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Will you get the same color vinyl that's defective?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I just have:

Date Description Location
    Oct 10 2013 Shipment information received
  • Options
    well I'm feeling much better now with my experience. She just wrote back and told me I can keep it sealed and they will send me a replacement to keep with the sealed version. That's great service and I'm most grateful.
    That's interesting.... I wonder how that will go in the market in the future? When we see it on ebay as a collector's item, will the preferred item be one that is still sealed but also comes with a replacement vinyl, I guess in a sleeve and a box or something?
  • Options
    sparky_fry wrote:
    I just have:

Date Description Location
    Oct 10 2013 Shipment information received

Right there with you, rather annoying seeing as that was given to us 2 weeks ago.

• Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    So are they sending out only the replacement vinyl or a whole new sealed package?
  • Options
    So are they sending out only the replacement vinyl or a whole new sealed package?
    I would be willing to wager just the vinyl.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
  • Options
    That's what I'm assuming as well...... And I guess that guarantees that the vinyl will be in perfect shape, since there won't be any of that pesky special and high quality packaging getting in the way of the pressing! :lol:
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809

It appears as such based on the wording. Just curious if anyone has received an exact answer to this question :)
  • Options

It appears as such based on the wording. Just curious if anyone has received an exact answer to this question :)
    It would be awesome if they did replace the whole thing. I would run right out and buy a frame for my bad copy.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    did every copy come with a postcard? i didn't get one but I got 2 mp3 codes
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Mine did not, came with a fold out sticker sheet.
  • Options
    BN8419BN8419 Posts: 290
    I assume there are others who have still not heard a response from the manufacturer?

I have sent an email to them, but no response yet, and I see some have gotten a response already.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,365

I didn't get a postcard. Just the mp3 download.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    received an e-mail from them about an hour ago asking for my shipping address. glad to see it progressing a little bit.

hopefully they send out the whole package again and not just the vinyl. mine was shipped pretty shitty and the jacket isn't in the greatest shape in addition to the vinyl being unplayable.

and for those keeping score at home, i got a 'let the records play' postcard, no MP3 download.
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    BN8419 wrote:
    I assume there are others who have still not heard a response from the manufacturer?

I have sent an email to them, but no response yet, and I see some have gotten a response already.

I emailed Wednesday about it and got an email from them yesterday asking for my mailing address, but that's the last I've heard so far.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    I received an email response today that my replacement vinyl will be sent to me "early next week"...I'm not holding my breath that it'll actually be sent out early next week, but as long as I know I'm getting a replacement, that's all that matters.

And I'm sure this has probably been mentioned, but if you haven't sent an email yet, include your shipping information. Makes the process just a little quicker instead of them having to email you back asking for it.
  • Options
    OgnitOgnit Posts: 64
    Any word on if this will be available in the online store again after this gets sorted out? I saw that it is back up on amazon now
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    received an e-mail from them about an hour ago asking for my shipping address. glad to see it progressing a little bit.

hopefully they send out the whole package again and not just the vinyl. mine was shipped pretty shitty and the jacket isn't in the greatest shape in addition to the vinyl being unplayable.

and for those keeping score at home, i got a 'let the records play' postcard, no MP3 download.

I wonder if they'll send out a whole new package to the people who specified damage to the jacket/sleeve in their original email? Or if that's a 10c issue that they'll have to deal with separately since they were the ones who packaged them for shipping? It'd be crazy to ignore the people with issues to the jacket/sleeve to go along with their vinyl issues.