Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Mine is not bad, not perfect though :|

I have the rough edge dings/marks and the vinyl is a little smudged but there's no glue or obvious scratches. Also my record player is in storage right now and I can't listen to it find out about the sound quality.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Mine is not bad, not perfect though :|

I have the rough edge dings/marks and the vinyl is a little smudged but there's no glue or obvious scratches. Also my record player is in storage right now and I can't listen to it find out about the sound quality.
    I don't give a rats ass.

:P
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    KnishKnish Posts: 53
    Can I expect my original one to arrive any time soon?
    Been sitting in same location since 10/20/13 with no activity
    There are two kinds of women, one that takes your strength, and one that gives you strength

My next Pearl Jam show will be my 50th

• Options
    KarenKKarenK Posts: 5
    Still waiting on my too. I got an email saying it was shipped on 10/16 and it still hasn't arrived yet. Where the hell is my vinyl??? :(
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    KarenK wrote:
    Still waiting on my too. I got an email saying it was shipped on 10/16 and it still hasn't arrived yet. Where the hell is my vinyl??? :(
    Tracking actually says mine was delivered, but I havent seen it yet. Never had a problem with 10C shipping before...VERY UPSET...trying to figure out what I need to do to get this fixed.
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    Day 11 and NO vinyl---
    This is abominable- unless they stopped my order and are giving me the fixed pressing-
    10c- anymore info you could give us ??????
  • Options
    Where are you getting a tracking number? I don't have my original yet and no tracking number. Maybe it hasn't shipped yet? Maybe they're waiting for new ones to show up?

NEVERMIND. Found the tracking on my email.
    Summerfest - Jul 08, 1995 / Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Oct 08, 2000
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998 / Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003 / Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 21, 2003
    Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004
    United Center - May 16, 2006 / United Center - May 17, 2006
    Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006 /Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
  • Options
    Anyone wanna call the manufacturer and ask WTF is up???
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Spoken wrote:
    Anyone wanna call the manufacturer and ask WTF is up???

you sound like a good volunteer :thumbup:
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    I just called. They aren't sure what they are doing yet as they waiting to hear from the label and Pearl Jam. They are buried in emails and said as soon as they are given direction, they will start replying to emails and asked for everyone just to sit tight and sooner or later they will resolve
  • Options
    I just called. They aren't sure what they are doing yet as they waiting to hear from the label and Pearl Jam. They are buried in emails and said as soon as they are given direction, they will start replying to emails and asked for everyone just to sit tight and sooner or later they will resolve
    Uh-oh, this doesn't sound like the fixed pressing will be shipping early next week...
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    JK_Livin wrote:
    regalturbo wrote:
    So, does ANYONE out there have LB on vinyl that arrived in mint condition inside and out and plays well? Because I haven't seen a post to that effect yet.

Mine from the 10c is.

Next your going to tell me the vinyl is red too! :)

Unfortunately being black is the only thing wrong with it.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

Once again, Elway pulls through for the PJ community! This is good info; a real status update. I'll be shooting the mfg an email when I get home. :thumbup:
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    they can still ship next week. i bet what will happen is they will just send a new record and that's it, no new package or anything like that.

this is what typically happens. i know it happened to me with my morning jacket and from something from third man records.

you just get a new piece of wax they ship out generically, and re-use the other package, so they can ship them when the batch is pressed.

i know the "assumptions and speculation" post and all that, but i'd be shocked if they send a complete new package.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    choop wrote:
    they can still ship next week. i bet what will happen is they will just send a new record and that's it, no new package or anything like that.

this is what typically happens. i know it happened to me with my morning jacket and from something from third man records.

you just get a new piece of wax they ship out generically, and re-use the other package, so they can ship them when the batch is pressed.

i know the "assumptions and speculation" post and all that, but i'd be shocked if they send a complete new package.

I see what you are saying, but are they pressing all new records? Or just sending ones from the same batch.

If they are addressing the issues and re-pressing, I don't see how that can be done in 1 business day + the weekend.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466

Thank you. This does not sound good.

Although, since I am still waiting for my current copy going on two weeks after release and 3 months since my preorder...I probably wouldn't mind waiting another month for a PROPER pressing. Assuming of course, that the one I hope to recieve isn't already a pristine copy.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    What "Issues" have people been seeing?

Mine came in with a number of parallel scratches, a 3" split spine on one end and somewhat crumpled sleeve as well as a small chip that came off the record (all in the same spot). Is this what others are seeing too?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    PH20 wrote:
    choop wrote:

I see what you are saying, but are they pressing all new records? Or just sending ones from the same batch.

If they are addressing the issues and re-pressing, I don't see how that can be done in 1 business day + the weekend.

they have the machines, they can press a new batch. remember the time lapse video 10C posted? its all mechanical. they can probably just pump them out after doing some QC initially.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,351
    PH20 wrote:
    choop wrote:

My guess would be that they started re-pressing shortly after the lps were pulled from the tenclub store
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    But what if you both copies at the volcom popup store on the night It was released. I have my receipts. Should I take a pic of receipt and send that??
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • Options
    But what if you both copies at the volcom popup store on the night It was released. I have my receipts. Should I take a pic of receipt and send that??
    yes.
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728

I just got a response from the email I sent yesterday about the issue I had with my wife's copy. This was my response:

Peter,

...that's it...just my name, I replied:

Yes,
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    PJ51390 wrote:

I just got a response from the email I sent yesterday about the issue I had with my wife's copy. This was my response:

Peter,

Yes,

And then I got this...

Peter,

Please provide your complete shipping address. I will respond with more information later.

Francene
  • Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 351
    my first post.

just got an email from UM,
    they wanted my complete shipping address
    so it looks like there getting ready to remedy the problem.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    PJ51390 wrote:

Peter,

Yes,

:lol:

Glad to see they are getting back at people :thumbup:
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Good to see they are trying to un fuck this cluster fuck
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Thanks santos
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited October 2013
    I really dont know how it works in the US but if you live in the UK and you buy something from a shop and have a receipt and the item is faulty you take or send it back to them for a refund or replacement. If my 10c copy is faulty i will just be asking for a refund. i bet my EU pressing will get to me first anyway and from a collectors point of view it will hold its value better assuming the press is fine - it wont have this whole debacle attached to it. As far as i was aware 10c dont have the resources to sort out this mess which is maybe why they have passed it to the label who have more resources. At least someone is sorting it out, it will take a while but sounds like progress.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    tp266452tp266452 kansas city Posts: 28
    just got a reply from united, they are reading the email. all they did was ask for my address and said they will have more info to follow

i got 2 copies from 10c 1 arrived tues and 1 weds in KC. my first copy looks flawless inside and out, side A plays flawless. side B has some static and a few pops, prolly just extra vinyl debris in the grooves (pretty common) i bet a good turn in the RCM will get it fixed right up, but if not i will get it replaced because why not

second copy also flawless packaging, and only visual thing on the disc is a small rough cut on the edge (another horrendously common thing on modern pressings of anything) wasnt even that bad, gonna play test it tonight
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    edited October 2013
    Anyone in Canada get their vinyl yet? I haven't.
    Post edited by Walking the miles on
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16