"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    Emailed yesterday morning. No response yet but I'm sure they're extremely busy.

They will likely get back to on Monday. Seems like they have about 1 business day turnaround time right now
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    I'm beginning to get really confused about what was a 10C exclusive on this Vinyl.
    I ordered the 10C version, of course.
    I got in mine:
    1. Black Vinyl (damaged)
    2. Lyric Book
    3. Sticker Sheet
    4. MP3 Download Code, (which was already in my account section on release day for preordering.

So, was mine an actual 10C version?

That's exactly what I got, and I ordered the 10C version. No postcard for me. My guess is they were randomly inserted like the Jeff Ament Tone picks.
  • I haven't been to work since I've been sick. The album is probably there waiting for me. Monday when I get home, I'll listen to it and check it out if there's any damage :roll:
  • thebends9thebends9 Posts: 520
    Was anyone else's vinyl jacket mangled? Mine was badly damaged...is UMG sending out new jackets or am I SOL?
    '98 - MSG 
    '00 - Jones Beach (x2)
    '03 - Nassau Coliseum/Tweeter Center/ MSG (x2)
    '04 - Reading, PA
    '05 - Wachovia Center
    '06 - Irving Plaza; Continental Airlines Arena (x2)
    '08 - MSG (x2); Beacon Theater
    '09 - Philly Spectrum (x2)
    '10 - XL Center; Prudential Center; MSG (x2)
    '11 - Alpine Valley (x2)
    '12 - Made In America
    '13 - Wrigley Field; DCU Center; Barclay Center (x2); Wells Fargo Center; XL Center
    '15 - Ed Sullivan Theater
    '16 - MSG (x2)
    '17 - Barclay Center (R&RHOF)
    '18 - Fenway Park
    '22 - MSG
    '24 - MSG (x2)
  • thebends9 wrote:
    Was anyone else's vinyl jacket mangled? Mine was badly damaged...is UMG sending out new jackets or am I SOL?

UMG is only sending out the vinyl, apparently you'll have to take it up with tenclub
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • daydaydayday Posts: 93
    thebends9 wrote:

UMG is only sending out the vinyl, apparently you'll have to take it up with tenclub

my jacket and sleeve were damaged as well. when i got an e-mail reply from UMG that they'd be sending me a replacement vinyl, they asked me to send pictures of the damage and they'd "look into it". i sent the pics, now the ball is in their court. if they can't help me on a new jacket and sleeve, then i'll contact tenclub.
    "i'll ride the wave~where it takes me"

Detroit, Michigan 08-01-1992
    Charleston, South Carolina 10-05-1996
    East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-1998
    Greenville, South Carolina 09-04-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-25-2003
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-26-2003
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 10-03-2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 05-19-2006
    Chicago, Illinois 08-05-2007
    Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014
    Chicago, Illinois 09-07-2023
  • Hi, this is my first post ever here.. bummed that it concerns such a matter. Still haven't received my copy here in Poland. Dissapointed that it will probably arrive damaged.. I've sent a question today concerning the shipping, hope that it'll arrive really soon. Then they will deal with my damages. Greetings to all!
  • SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,462
    Man, I really need a replacement for sleeve and vinyl....
    I hope this won't be a problem....
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Theyve actually changed the statement on the homepage about damaged/faulty LBs. Goes into more details about damaged sleeves etc and what to do. 4-6 weeks for new sleeves but vinyl starts shipping on 28th. if only mine had arrived.
    Hope to get the email tomorrow..
  • I can't wait to get the repressed/corrected vinyl this week!
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Im not sure i want to order vinyl online now, with all the damage its rockets science to be better ordering from music stores i think? Any ideas? Or would the store be just the same? :corn:
  • JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    I wonder how people that bought an LP with cash at the shows can prove they bought it (besides taking a picture of it and going look).
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • I bought my at Philly 1 and they have simply asked for my address. Will be glad to send a picture if needed but they have not asked yet.
  • Well, my sleeve is torn and the inner seam is split. And it appears that only Pendulum has some crackling and popping. I was going to just let it go, but I sent an email anyways.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    I assume they're cross referencing the names of people who purchased through 10C because they didn't ask for any pictures or proof of purchase from me. I emailed them about the condition of the vinyl, they asked for my address and said they're sending a replacement early next week.
  • I sent them an initial e-mail with my issues. I included my address in that original e-mail. Have yet to hear anything. Think they just might not be replying because I gave them my info up front? This is such a fuck of clusters. :fp:
  • jonnypistachio, mine is almost same...there are what looks like four finger print marks on side A and one on B but looks like they were wearing snadpaper gloves.....Sirens and Pendulum are all crapped up on mine where the scratches are the worst. and sticker sheet was bent up...sent first email with just issue, heard nothing, then resent with copy of my order
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • daydaydayday Posts: 93
    I sent them an initial e-mail with my issues. I included my address in that original e-mail. Have yet to hear anything. Think they just might not be replying because I gave them my info up front? This is such a fuck of clusters. :fp:

i did as you did and included my shipping info in my initial e-mail. they have replied and said a new vinyl will be shipped. they then requested pics of the jacket and sleeve damage and said they'd look into it.
    i'm confident everything will work out, in time.
    "i'll ride the wave~where it takes me"

Detroit, Michigan 08-01-1992
    Charleston, South Carolina 10-05-1996
    East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-1998
    Greenville, South Carolina 09-04-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-25-2003
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-26-2003
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 10-03-2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 05-19-2006
    Chicago, Illinois 08-05-2007
    Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014
    Chicago, Illinois 09-07-2023
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    They requested my mailing address, but haven't gotten back to me so far. :corn:
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591
    I sent them an initial e-mail with my issues. I included my address in that original e-mail. Have yet to hear anything. Think they just might not be replying because I gave them my info up front? This is such a fuck of clusters. :fp:

I did the same, and have not heard anything either. Keep us updated if they back to you and Ill do the same!
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,380

I did the same, and have not heard anything either. Keep us updated if they back to you and Ill do the same!

My original email included pics, 10c order number, and my shipping address. They replied to my email letting me know it was received and they'd be sending me a new vinyl. Took a couple of days for the response. I'm sure they will be responding to your emails soon.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • Just got this email:

We have received your E-Mail and apologize for the inconvenience. A replacement vinyl will be sent to you early next week.

Thank you for your patience.

UMG Customer Service.
    08.26.98 - Cleveland
    08.21.00 - Columbus
    04.25.03 - Cleveland
    05.20.06 - Cleveland
    05.09.10 - Cleveland
    10.11.13 - Pittsburgh
    09.26.15 - NYC 
    05.11.16 - Tampa
    04.07.17 - Rock Hall Induction
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591

Just got this:

We have received your E-Mail and apologize for the inconvenience. A replacement vinyl will be sent to you early next week.
  • jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470

Just got this:

I sent mine on Wednesday, and finally got that response. They're getting to them!

Also for the record, I gave my address and said the local record store I bought it from, and that's all they needed from me. So if you got yours locally and it wouldn't play, looks like they're sending those people replacements too. Yay!
  • People are going to get their replacements before I even get my originals!

I bought a pair of LP's and a CD for a friend and only one of his records arrived. Of course it's mangled and I've sent an email. Not sure if I'll hear back seeing as He'a only received a third of my order so far. Hopefully that second LP is not garble hind and it's in proper condition.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    I emailed them Friday at 11:44am, got a reply today at 12:52pm from a Michael Staudt:
    As soon as we receive new stock, we will ship you out a new copy.
    -Mike
    My original email included the following:
    -Description of the defects
    -10C Product description (i.e. "Pearl Jam 10C Version Lightning Bolt vinyl LP")
    -10C Product # (i.e. "6371")
    -Order date
    -10C Order #
    -Shipping/billing (same for me)
    -Phone

I also mentioned that 10C instructed us to contact them directly for a replacement. Hope this info helps others.
    I need a new jacket/sleeve too, along with a new vinyl-
    I'll be really annoyed if they just send me a vinyl, without responding if we are getting the a whole new package or not...
    Any word on that?
  • october22 wrote:
    I assume they're cross referencing the names of people who purchased through 10C because they didn't ask for any pictures or proof of purchase from me. I emailed them about the condition of the vinyl, they asked for my address and said they're sending a replacement early next week.

They're replacing the one I bought at the Philly 2 gig without any proof of purchase.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • KnishKnish Posts: 53
    I still have not received my original vinyl.
    Has been sitting in the same locale for 8 days.
    There are two kinds of women, one that takes your strength, and one that gives you strength

My next Pearl Jam show will be my 50th