Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    I hope the guys from UMG will treat us internationals the same way they are treating Americans. Our vinyls take around one month to arrive and shipping is more expensive
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    I'm beginning to get really confused about what was a 10C exclusive on this Vinyl.
    I ordered the 10C version, of course.
    I got in mine:
    1. Black Vinyl (damaged)
    2. Lyric Book
    3. Sticker Sheet
    4. MP3 Download Code, (which was already in my account section on release day for preordering.

So, was mine an actual 10C version?
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    BN8419 wrote:
    I assume there are others who have still not heard a response from the manufacturer?

I have sent an email to them, but no response yet, and I see some have gotten a response already.

me too
  • Options
    Just got an email from united.
    "We have received your email and apologize for the inconvenience. A replacement copy will be sent out early next week". Francene Luttelle
  • Options
    evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    chinobaeza wrote:
    I hope the guys from UMG will treat us internationals the same way they are treating Americans. Our vinyls take around one month to arrive and shipping is more expensive

i was just coming on to ask the same thing. i have no idea when i'll receive my vinyl but i hope they're as helpful with us if we receive a damaged one.
    Hail Hail
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Just received this email which is upsetting as I don't want to open my vinyl. I wanted to keep it sealed as a collectible. I don't even have a record player to spin it to see if it's defective. I think at this point I just want a full refund.

"Not all product is bad. Please open to confirm whether it's defective or not. If it is please let us know and we will get a replacement vinyl sent early next week."

Sorry Im trying to get my head around this. You want a replacement even though you don't know if yours is faulty. I'm surprised they are doing this for you. I understand that some people collect sealed vinyl and I guess the odds are high it is faulty. You would have been better with a refund and buying an Import EU press assuming reports come in that all is good.
    Still waiting on my 10c vinyl despite ordering on the 1st day.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited October 2013
    :!:
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    Has anyone who bought from a record store emailed and gotten a response? I have only a few more days to return it there, but I don't want to exchange it for another bum copy there.
  • Options
    RP112579 wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    received an e-mail from them about an hour ago asking for my shipping address. glad to see it progressing a little bit.

hopefully they send out the whole package again and not just the vinyl. mine was shipped pretty shitty and the jacket isn't in the greatest shape in addition to the vinyl being unplayable.

and for those keeping score at home, i got a 'let the records play' postcard, no MP3 download.

I wonder if they'll send out a whole new package to the people who specified damage to the jacket/sleeve in their original email? Or if that's a 10c issue that they'll have to deal with separately since they were the ones who packaged them for shipping? It'd be crazy to ignore the people with issues to the jacket/sleeve to go along with their vinyl issues.

From Universal:

We have received your E-Mail and apologize for the inconvenience. A replacement vinyl will be sent to you early next week.
    As far as the album cover, you will have to contact Ten Club. Universal is only replacing the LP

Thank you for your patience.

UMG Customer Service.

So I guess the damaged jackets/sleeves are in Ten Club's hands. I expect they'll want the damaged originals back before the replacements are sent out. Just worthless speculation on my part. My copy had very small blemishes on the finish on the inner and outer sleeve. Wax was badly warped so that's why I sent for a new copy.

Notwithstanding the quality control issues in manufacturing and shipping, the actual artwork is stunning. From the songs and performances, to the recording and mastering (my warped copy sounds fucking great!), to the art and the overall presentation, this is a top notch package. Too bad about the execution on some peoples copies.

Yellow Moon!!! Hope they play that in Vancouver.

Oh yeah, while I'm at it, I like the album better when I start it on side B. Pendulum is a great opening song (Judging by the setlists so far the band agrees), I like getting through the experimental tracks like "Let the Records Play" and "Swallowed whole" early, "Future Days" is a nice emotional touchstone, and then BAM :shock: :shock: Getaway, MYM, and My Fathers Son lead to the emotional peak of Sirens, and Infallible gets to close. Neil always likes to leave you with a big message on the last song (Natural Beauty, Mother Earth, Walk Like a Giant, No Hidden Path, Keep on Rockin in the Free World(electric)...) and I think the social commentary of Infallible is really thought provoking. It flows like "No Code" when you play the B-side first and that record is way up there for me. Maybe they even intended the record to be played that way? Last verse of side A:

"Time we best begin here at the Ending"

haha! Just my 2 cents on the music, which is what it's all about at the end of the day.

Enjoy your vinyl!
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    Wow, glad I stumbled across the 10c email warning me about potential problems with the vinyl. The sleeve looked so pristine, and I hadn't immediately found time yet to test out the sound...

My copy does indeed have jarring pops in the first few songs, with the pops actually turning to skips by the third track. I'm deeming it unplayable, unfortunately. Lori emailed be back asking for my mailing address, but wanted no other details from me (order confirmation, etc) - I can see this being a real hassle with potential people claiming they ordered when they perhaps didn't, but at least they're apparently not sending out complete packages, just the physical LP.

Really disappointing that UMG doesn't have better quality control, but I'm a bit surprised at how quickly they're taking action. It does seem like it would make more sense for 10c to get the information from their customers and handle this, but that's not my call.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    But what if you both copies at the volcom popup store on the night It was released. I have my receipts. Should I take a pic of receipt and send that??

I bought a copy from the Volcom store too - on my receipt, the vinyl is listed as "headwear" because there was no "vinyl" option on the register. :?

nippleholic has my vote for Avatar of the year!
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    One thing I have noticed.

People that seemed to have gotten the record with the Infallible Postcard all seem to be the least screwed up ones :think: :think: :think:
    Wait...what postcard?
    I got an infallible postcard and my lp is jacked up.
    Well shit. There goes my theory :lol:
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    gimmepar wrote:

Oh yeah, while I'm at it, I like the album better when I start it on side B. Pendulum is a great opening song (Judging by the setlists so far the band agrees), I like getting through the experimental tracks like "Let the Records Play" and "Swallowed whole" early, "Future Days" is a nice emotional touchstone, and then BAM :shock: :shock: Getaway, MYM, and My Fathers Son lead to the emotional peak of Sirens, and Infallible gets to close. Neil always likes to leave you with a big message on the last song (Natural Beauty, Mother Earth, Walk Like a Giant, No Hidden Path, Keep on Rockin in the Free World(electric)...) and I think the social commentary of Infallible is really thought provoking. It flows like "No Code" when you play the B-side first and that record is way up there for me. Maybe they even intended the record to be played that way? Last verse of side A:

"Time we best begin here at the Ending"

haha! Just my 2 cents on the music, which is what it's all about at the end of the day.

Enjoy your vinyl!
    I will try that :thumbup: I always start the Orpheum show vinyl with Blood :lol:
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    Received my copy today-
    its in really bad shape-
    rips on paper, smudges, fingerprints, glue spots...
  • Options
    GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    I emailed them yesterday stating that my vinyl skipped badly during getaway. gave them my address and Francene replied today saying that a replacement will be sent out next week. Pretty surprised they got back so quick.
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    DURP wrote:
    nippleholic has my vote for Avatar of the year!

Thanks! :thumbup:
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    So can we order straight from them? Why take a chance ordering it elsewhere if the whole batch is defective?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    My email from her asked for my address and said more information will follow. Anyone else get the "more information" part? I'm still waiting on that information to arrive, by the way...
  • Options
    SwBkRn44SwBkRn44 Posts: 232
    Ognit wrote:
    Any word on if this will be available in the online store again after this gets sorted out? I saw that it is back up on amazon now

Yeah, that's what I want to know, at some point will we be alerted that we can buy a copy of this and be assured it's not from the first screwed up pressing? I plan to give someone a copy as a gift and don't mind waiting to be assured that person doesn't end up with an unplayable record.l
  • Options
    pjsimppjsimp Posts: 44
    october22 wrote:
    My email from her asked for my address and said more information will follow. Anyone else get the "more information" part? I'm still waiting on that information to arrive, by the way...

me too. maybe they'll send an email today about it. :(
  • Options
    mookieb10mookieb10 Posts: 930
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    So are they sending out only the replacement vinyl or a whole new sealed package?
    I would be willing to wager just the vinyl.
    That's what I'm assuming as well...... And I guess that guarantees that the vinyl will be in perfect shape, since there won't be any of that pesky special and high quality packaging getting in the way of the pressing! :lol:

Haaaa. Yea, fuck that high quality packaging, just take the vinyl and fling it on people's doorsteps so it'll be safe.
  • Options
    I emailed these clowns on the 23rd. Should I have received a response? I sent them address and my issues with the vinyl.
  • Options
    Email sent. Similar issues- low volume, pops and hisses throughout album.
    Fenway 1 & 2 2016
    MSG 1 & 2 2016
    Central Park 2015
    Barclays 2, Seattle 2013
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Boston 1 & 2 2006
    Boston 1 2004
    Augusta 1996
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    Emailed them and got a quick reply. Then I emailed again to see if they are resending only the vinyl. My lyric booklet has an inch wide blemish running from top to bottom on the cover. I know it's a little thing, but still not what I paid for. They responded to contact the company that sold it to me. I asked, "Did you not print the booklet as well?" No response yet.
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,735
    Ott wrote:
    Emailed them and got a quick reply. Then I emailed again to see if they are resending only the vinyl. My lyric booklet has an inch wide blemish running from top to bottom on the cover. I know it's a little thing, but still not what I paid for. They responded to contact the company that sold it to me. I asked, "Did you not print the booklet as well?" No response yet.

That sounds about right. Though the blemish is definitely not a shipping problem so that's in a grey area. I would check in with 10c and see what they can do.

I'll be emailing 10c about a replacement for my wrecked gatefold and split-on-all-3 sides inner sleeve.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    I was lucky enough to get a red one from 10c. It has one pop at the end of getaway. I emailed UMG about the black one I bought in Philly and they asked for my address. I didn't get the red vinyl until yesterday and I emailed UMG, but there is no way in hell they are gonna replace a red one. Oh, well...cookies crumble.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    gimmepar wrote:
    So I guess the damaged jackets/sleeves are in Ten Club's hands. I expect they'll want the damaged originals back before the replacements are sent out. Just worthless speculation on my part. My copy had very small blemishes on the finish on the inner and outer sleeve. Wax was badly warped so that's why I sent for a new copy.

Don't expect getting new covers from 1OC. This respond I got from 10C on a different occasion:

"We sell music. We do not sell Vinyl "conditionally". We do not advertise items as "mint" or any other condition. If you require pristine items, please purchase them in person so you can inspect and reject any items that don't meet your standards.
    IF the actual vinyl is damaged and will not play, we will replace it, but we will no longer replace covers, sleeves, boxes etc that do not conform to your conditional standards."

I would like to see this happening at a car dealer:

- "There's a big dent on my hood! It's brand new!"
    - "Yeah, but it runs right? Sorry, can't help you with that..."
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    gimmepar wrote:

Don't expect getting new covers from 1OC. This respond I got from 10C on a different occasion:

"We sell music. We do not sell Vinyl "conditionally". We do not advertise items as "mint" or any other condition. If you require pristine items, please purchase them in person so you can inspect and reject any items that don't meet your standards.
    IF the actual vinyl is damaged and will not play, we will replace it, but we will no longer replace covers, sleeves, boxes etc that do not conform to your conditional standards."
    I can see their point...but seems a little bit rude from my point of view because you are buying a product and the cover is part of that product, they are even charging you for it, they are passing the cost (with a margin I would guess) of that cover to you, so you deserve what you paid for....otherwise if the 10c claims that they only sell music they should only sell digital files
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    chinobaeza wrote:
    gimmepar wrote:

I can see their point...but seems a little bit rude from my point of view because you are buying a product and the cover is part of that product, they are even charging you for it, they are passing the cost (with a margin I would guess) of that cover to you, so you deserve what you paid for....otherwise if the 10c claims that they only sell music they should only sell digital files

...OR charge the same for the vinyl as the digital files.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    Emailed yesterday morning. No response yet but I'm sure they're extremely busy.