Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    I got an email asking for my full mailing address.
  • Options
    How long did it take them to respond?
    Pepsi Center - Apr 1 '03, Jul 2-3 '06 | Grant Park - Aug 05 '07 | E Center - Sep 28 '09 | Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27 '09 | Sprint Center May 3 '10 | Scottrade Center May 4 '10 | Alpine Valley - Sep 3-4, '11 | Wrigley Field - July 19, '13 | Pepsi Center Oct 22, '14
  • Options

Same here, it took them less then a day, but i also sent them a picture of the pretty big gash on my vinyl.
    Jones Beach, NY 2001
    New Orleans, LA 2003
    Oakland, CA 2013
  • Options
    See, the thing is, I don't actually own a turntable right now so how am I supposed to know if it's damaged or not? I was just saving it until one day when I'll finally be able to get a proper setup and play it (and all my xmas singles)
    Pepsi Center - Apr 1 '03, Jul 2-3 '06 | Grant Park - Aug 05 '07 | E Center - Sep 28 '09 | Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27 '09 | Sprint Center May 3 '10 | Scottrade Center May 4 '10 | Alpine Valley - Sep 3-4, '11 | Wrigley Field - July 19, '13 | Pepsi Center Oct 22, '14
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,762
    See, the thing is, I don't actually own a turntable right now so how am I supposed to know if it's damaged or not? I was just saving it until one day when I'll finally be able to get a proper setup and play it (and all my xmas singles)
    Every record store I've ever been to has had a turntable (with headphones) for customers to test records on. Just bring yours in and play it there. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pjsimppjsimp Posts: 44
    Mikegman wrote:

Same here, it took them less then a day, but i also sent them a picture of the pretty big gash on my vinyl.

I didn't take a photo but it was less than a day that they responded.
  • Options
    possibly due to the high quality and delicate nature of the special packaging. 

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Havebn't even recieved it yet... or the CD... release day my ass.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    checking my pm at facebook now,a friend message me from the states,he wrote me ,he got a red copy,he was so happy got something so cool,but has the same issiues-problems at some songs..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,915
    checking my pm at facebook now,a friend message me from the states,he wrote me ,he got a red copy,he was so happy got something so cool,but has the same issiues-problems at some songs..

will be interesting to see how that works out with the replacement.

In fact Please tell him I'd love his not perfect one once its replaced :D:D:D
  • Options
    BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    possibly due to the high quality and delicate nature of the special packaging. 

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Havebn't even recieved it yet... or the CD... release day my ass.

PRECISELY! "Release day my ass"!
    i am getting really pissed off right now. The mail has arrived today yet and still not even CD. What's the point buying CD or vinyl for artwork if the only thing you are left with is digital download of lame mp3s like some itunes kid?
    totall (ANOTHER) bummer by 10C and AGAIN scarse info let alone apology.
    Mind your manners, peeps!
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ;)
    Post edited by Bigda on
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    im still waiting for mine aggg but wot i want to know is if its in a state like some of yours do we the album back ??? wots the procedure ??
    thanks for any info :D
  • Options
    at least Jimmy Fallon got his copy pristine.
  • Options
    blindmuleblindmule Albany, NY Posts: 138
    My copy is still listed as sitting in Auburn, WA - where it has been sitting since October 15.

What do folks like myself, who have no idea what shape their record might be in, do?
    If we miss out on this reshipment are we just shit out of luck?
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    blindmule wrote:
    My copy is still listed as sitting in Auburn, WA - where it has been sitting since October 15.

What do folks like myself, who have no idea what shape their record might be in, do?
    If we miss out on this reshipment are we just shit out of luck?
    I would almost be willing to wager that yours got held up, as they found out the batch was shit.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    He can keep the red copy as a display and play the new (likely black) copy he gets as a replacement.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Totally off topic, but I saw you at PJ20 and thought that your shirt was the best bump enhancer I have ever seen. Very inspired and inspiring. I hope that you and your two-year old(?) have found your groove.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

I'd bet big money that it's F'd up. Percentages say so
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    GT1015GT1015 Posts: 184
    choop wrote:
    so mine came today, after making laps around the west coast. and i got lucky, packaging is perfect, record is perfect, and after a spin, no skips.

my question is regarding the volume level being so low. i feel like that has more to do with this being a single record and not double, they jammed too much music on each side, which is in my opinion, why the volume level is poor.

do you think this is worth a claim? i feel like this will be an issue with the re-press as well, since there is likely nothing they can do about that due to space limitations.

Same here! I had to crank the volume to just to hear it. That was the only noticeable thing I found "wrong" with it.
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    It looks like mine is scheduled to be delivered today :shock:
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,735

I got mine a few minutes ago. I don't even wanna listen to it I'm so f**ckin pissed right now.

All 3 closed ends of the inner sleeve are split, two corners are smashed and there's a big split in the lower end of the jacket.

I really wish they would package these a little better than just sticking them in a box...
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    lotsalemon wrote:

I got mine a few minutes ago. I don't even wanna listen to it I'm so f**ckin pissed right now.

All 3 closed ends of the inner sleeve are split, two corners are smashed and there's a big split in the lower end of the jacket.

I really wish they would package these a little better than just sticking them in a box...

I've been saying this for years. 10C are unable to ship vinyl guaranting it arrives safely.
    Last time I adressed 10C, they responded they had replaced items arriving messed up at my doorstep for the last time.

:(
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    lotsalemon wrote:

I've been saying this for years. 10C are unable to ship vinyl guaranting it arrives safely.
    Last time I adressed 10C, they responded they had replaced items arriving messed up at my doorstep for the last time.

The Vault vinyl that went out a few weeks ago was packed very nicely. of course they charge a lot more for those too. does anyone know if the replacement copies of LB will be hand numbered? was that only for the 10C copies?
  • Options
    vaggar99 wrote:

The Vault vinyl that went out a few weeks ago was packed very nicely. of course they charge a lot more for those too. does anyone know if the replacement copies of LB will be hand numbered? was that only for the 10C copies?

Indeed it was! In fact, last 2-3 records has arrived nicely with bubblewrap and all. But still, the vinyl tends to move around inside the jacket...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    Finally got mine in upstate NY today and unfortunately there were some serious quality issues with the vinyl itself. There' was serious popping and crackling on the first track and a bad skip on MYM. I didn't even try to play side 2 as there was a gouge and/or some gunk on the first track. Sent an email to the customer service address 10C provided -- here's hoping it'll be replaced in short order! :lol:

Ah well... on the bright side, what a beautiful looking package. Artwork and design are exceptional.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    lotsalemon wrote:

Everyone bitches about the shipping costs now. Image if they increased it. The 10c isn't worried about resale or future value of an item and they shouldn't be. Mine arrived in perfect shape. I got lucky I guess. No matter what the 10c does, someone will get an F'd one from shipping. Nothing will ever change that unless you buy it at a store.

They could however switch to the Amazon type vinyl box.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    vaggar99 wrote:
    does anyone know if the replacement copies of LB will be hand numbered? was that only for the 10C copies?

Are they hand numbered? I have to check that ...

Well, mine doesn't seem to be. I have a tenclub one. Is anybody's hand numbered? Where would you find the number?
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    vaggar99 wrote:
    does anyone know if the replacement copies of LB will be hand numbered? was that only for the 10C copies?

Are they hand numbered? I have to check that ...

Well, mine doesn't seem to be. I have a tenclub one. Is anybody's hand numbered? Where would you find the number?
    I would like to know this too. I preordered a 10C, and mine, as near as I could tell isn't numbered.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    mookieb10mookieb10 Posts: 930
    I got some red vinyl in the mail today, spun it, but sirens is all messed up. http://twitter.com/mookieb10/status/393 ... 69/photo/1
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    mookieb10 wrote:
    I got some red vinyl in the mail today, spun it, but sirens is all messed up. http://twitter.com/mookieb10/status/393 ... 69/photo/1

But it looks GORGEOUS :shock: Congrats!