Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Santos L. HalperSantos L. Halper Posts: 1,752
edited February 2014 in The Porch
From Universal/Republic Records:

It has come to our attention that there have been some manufacturing issues with the Lightning Bolt vinyl possibly due to the high quality and delicate nature of the special packaging. 

If you are in receipt of an album that you feel may be defective in some manner,  please send an email to UMG Customer service at: fisherscustsvc@umusic.com indicating the specific issue with your copy. 

Replacement vinyl will begin shipping out early next week to all those affected by this issue.

- If you are asked for proof of purchase, take a screen shot of your order history, or shipping confirmation email etc and send it along with your email. Best to email and not call the 800 number.
slh

This was updated in our news section, I did not update this post, sorry for the delay:

Statement from UMG/Republic:

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information
October 25 2013

We are aware that because of the high quality and delicate nature of the special packaging on the vinyl you may be experiencing one or more of the following issues with either the vinyl being damaged, the inner sleeves being torn, or the gatefold ripping on the center seam. If you are in receipt of an album with any of the above defects, please send an email to UMG Customer service at: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:fisherscustsvc@umusic.com">fisherscustsvc@umusic.com</a><!-- e --> with either a receipt of purchase or a photograph of the damage you are experiencing. Once notified, replacement vinyl will begin shipping the week of October 28th. If you require a replacement on the packaging, please be advised that this will take anywhere from 4-6 weeks as parts of the packaging are made by hand.

PLEASE send 1 email to UMG and wait for response. They are overwhelmed with emails and sending multiple emails is just slowing down the process.
thanks,
slh
Post edited by Kat on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    It has come to our attention that there have been some manufacturing issues with the Lightning Bolt vinyl possibly due to the high quality and delicate nature of the special packaging. 

If you are in receipt of an album that you feel may be defective in some manner,  please send an email to UMG Customer service at: fisherscustsvc@umusic.com indicating the specific issue with your copy. 

Replacement vinyl will begin shipping out early next week to all those affected by this issue.

This guy has no idea what is about to hit him!
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    So send an email no matter where we got it from? I got mine from a local record store. What do we need for proof of purchase?
  • Options
    HUH? So the "high quality and delicate special packaging" caused poor vinyl pressings?
  • Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    HUH? So the "high quality and delicate special packaging" caused poor vinyl pressings?

the manufacturer is going to try and sidestep the real issue with their Vinyl, whatever they give as an excuse does not matter, lets just hope we all get legit copies.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    thats a shame. The packaging is sharp though!

I had glue stuck to Pendulum.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Bull Crap excuse.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 947

I wonder when people will get their replacements... I still havent Got my original. Its been sitting in Auburn, WA since 10/15.

Santos, Is there any updates on the shipping issues?
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776

:lol:

what about the dirty hand prints that were all over my copy that i still can't scrub off? i have a feeling that the associates that pressed these vinyls found out the day of that they weren't getting their annual raise.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    and this is going to be a disaster if this company is going to be the one taking point on returns. shouldn't 10C do that if we ordered through them?

they have our order info, proof of payment, addresses. do we have to supply all of this to the manufacture now?
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    rival. wrote:

:lol:

what about the dirty hand prints that were all over my copy that i still can't scrub off? i have a feeling that the associates that pressed these vinyls found out the day of that they weren't getting their annual raise.
    Dirty shop conditions.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited October 2013
    Construction site conditions, lots of belt sanders and table saws.

I, for one, applaud this action, and have shot off a basic email stating the facts to the address at Universal music. If replacements are being shipped next week, all is good in the world.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    email sent....hope I'm in the first 10,000 this guy gets
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    Can't believe the company sent out defective merch that they knew was defective...
    And why is mine still stuck in Arburn???
  • Options
    Email sent... I'm curious to see what we'll be asked to provide as far as proof of purchase. This has all the makings of a major pain in the *ss, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

All I want is a clean pressing that sounds good. Get the produciton issues fixed, put new ones in a blank sleeve and send them out.

THANKS SANTOS FOR WORKING TO MAKE THIS RIGHT!
    Red Rocks 6/19/95 * Rapid City 6/24/98 * EV Vegas 11/1/12 * EV Tulsa 11/19/12 * Wrigley Field 7/19/13 * Brooklyn 10/19/13 * Philly 10/21/13 * Philly 10/22/13 * Hartford 10/25/13 * OKC 11/16/13 * Tulsa 10/8/2014 * Lincoln 10/9/2014 * Moline 10/17/2014 * St Paul 10/19/2014 * Greenville 4/16/16 * Philly 4/28/16 * Philly 4/29/16 * MSG 5/1/16 * MSG 5/2/16 * Wrigley 8/20/16 * Seattle 8/8/18 * Seattle 8/10/18 * Wrigley 8/18/18 * Asbury Park 9/18/21
  • Options
    What do you do if you haven't received your copy of the CD yet, despite the fact that it was paid for in July when I pre-ordered it? It's a week late, I received an email telling me it was shipping to a current address and still no CD. I have contacted the shipping dept. for the Ten Club via email, but have yet to hear a reply. I have tried calling the Ten Club several times today, but the call won't go through.

What do I do in this situation?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    Yeah, I don't understand how the packaging caused all the vinyl to be defective either. :think: Strange.
    Anyway.... still waiting for my 10C vinyl! Maybe I'll get two good copies! :lolno:

Well.... thanks Santos. I don't understand the possible explanation, but it's nice to know who to contact if I have probs. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    There's probably a group of people monitoring the emails that come in to this email address - but yes, I would be patient in getting a response with the overload of inquires I'm sure they'll receive.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    jw234911jw234911 annapolis maryland Posts: 255
    Poor guy auburn think ive seen u posting wheres your album for over a week
  • Options
    E-mail sent. Bring on some perfect wax, dudes.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    For the collectors out there that wanted to keep theirs sealed, what are you doing? Do you open it to see if it is flawed or do you keep it sealed and risk it being defective years from now with possibly opening it later or giving it to another collector for them to open?
  • Options
    Email sent, we will see what happens.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited October 2013
    For the collectors out there that wanted to keep theirs sealed, what are you doing? Do you open it to see if it is flawed or do you keep it sealed and risk it being defective years from now with possibly opening it later or giving it to another collector for them to open?
    I'm going to open it and play it once to check if it's damaged. If it's defective, I'll get a new sealed one... if it's not, well, I get a little bit screwed I guess, since I wanted to save a sealed copy, but really, no point in having a sealed one that's damaged inside, so there really isn't any other choice! I would imagine that anyone who wants to buy a copy of this 20 years down the road will not even want a sealed one if they know what they're doing. They would want one that's been opened and played once.... Plus, apparently there are a few red ones being sent out. I guess I'd also want to know if it's red or black, so would have to open it either way.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Am I correct to assume that all the defective vinyl are skipping in random spots or are they all kinda skipping on the same songs? From what i've seen, it appears random, making me think that someone might be a little drunky drunk at the plant. :lol: or just shitty equipment in general.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    GS209159 wrote:
    What do you do if you haven't received your copy of the CD yet, despite the fact that it was paid for in July when I pre-ordered it? It's a week late, I received an email telling me it was shipping to a current address and still no CD. I have contacted the shipping dept. for the Ten Club via email, but have yet to hear a reply. I have tried calling the Ten Club several times today, but the call won't go through.

What do I do in this situation?

this is about the vinyl. Email the ten club.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    I can't believe people are still complaining now even when they have a solution in place.

10c, Santos, and anyone else involved, thank you for taking the time to help remedy this for those affected.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    jbrowniejbrownie Posts: 135
    OK...bought from local retailer. Packaging is PRISTINE. I mean no dents, no dings, folds or creases. I'm rocking a vintage Bang & Olufsen Turntable through a Harman/Kardon receiver. Album skips about 1:45 thru "Getaway". Several pops before that (I expect those, though, NOT skips!)

Dug out some old shit (Hendrix & Cream LPs from 1969)...No skips. Ohhh a lot of pops, but these puppies are 45 years old.

Tried Discwasher....no, that shit is definitely present in the 1st 2 minutes. Very surprised. When was the last time I got a shit batch of wax? I'm counting it now. On a thumb.

I wanted to believe you guys bitchin were all full of shit, but something IS wrong here.

I feel like that guy (who I was!) who bought the first batch of PS2s?!? They SUCKED! :lol:
  • Options
    superfuzz30superfuzz30 Posts: 369
    edited October 2013
    Did a quick google of this email, got a phone number for UMG. 1 800 288 5942

EDIT:

Just called them. They said:

"Yea we are aware that pearl jam has posted this but we have no official word on how the label wants to handle this yet. I can take your number and give you a call as we get more info."

Oh boy.
    Post edited by superfuzz30 on
  • Options
    Still waiting for my first copy!
    Toronto 06-28-2003
    09-19-2005
    05-09-2006
    09-11-2011
    London 07-16-2013
    Ottawa 05-08-2016
    record.gif
  • Options
    stukatzstukatz Posts: 110
    still have not receive mine and nothing in site.

how long do we have to submit a claim?

i'm in Toronto.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    edited October 2013
    When we pulled up into my driveway yesterday, roommate saw the album package propped up against the door, and first thing she said, "Why does it say, "Return To Sender?" little did we know..

email was sent ~
    Post edited by electronblue on
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"