"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• I wish I would have noticed this earlier. I emailed them this morning, but haven't got a reply yet. I bought mine at a record store about a week after it was released but I have no idea where the receipt is, probably in the garbage most likely or didn't even ask for one. Mine skips a couple times and has a good amount of hissing at the beginning of the record, so I don't know how I can prove that with a photo. Hopefully it just all works out. It's a bummer that releasing a new record has been such a disaster. Pearl Jam is the reason I started buying vinyl a couple years ago, it's a shame that they can't do a better job than this. 10 Club is really dropping the ball as an actual business, I honestly think. I'm not a long time member or anything but it's becoming really hard to justify spending the money each year. I hope it gets better.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    So I emailed 2x last week, but have got no reply back. Anyone else not get a reply after several days?
  • phaqewphaqew Posts: 18
    I recieved mine on the 23rd. same story, glue, pops, skips, badly warped, etc.
    emailed umusic that night WITH my name, address, phone number, 10club # and description of issue. got a reply today, 10/28/13:

copied from umiusics email
    We have received your E-Mail and apologize for the inconvenience. A replacement vinyl will be sent to you early next week.

Thank you for your patience.

UMG Customer Service.

end copy

I will inform you all when i get the replacement and what shape its in when it arrives. so far everyone is doing all the right things.
  • Deadman wrote:
    So I emailed 2x last week, but have got no reply back. Anyone else not get a reply after several days?
    Don't worry. They just got flooded with e-mails. I e-mailed the first day we knew about it last Wednesday and I just got a reply today saying it will be shipping out next week.
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    anakin_pdx wrote:
    Deadman wrote:
    Don't worry. They just got flooded with e-mails. I e-mailed the first day we knew about it last Wednesday and I just got a reply today saying it will be shipping out next week.

Cool.
  • SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,462
    Does anyone know if they are going to send us the whole package?
    Or only the LP vinyl?
  • THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!! My latest reply from UMG:

Please provide us with pictures of the damages. Once we receive the pictures it will take several weeks for the replacement to be shipped.

UMG Customer Service.

SEVERAL WEEKS!!!?!? I just got mine last Friday! So much for Pre Order!?! By the Way, preordered the Arcade Fire album "Reflektor", and received that today and release date is tomorrow!!!That's how this is supposed to work! Yet to be seen if their high quality and delicate packaging have produced defective vinyls....... Nice to know that I'll get my replacement PJ sometime in November.....probably have a nice 4-5 day layover again in Auburn, WA.

Not Cool Guys
    wes c adle
  • PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    I sent the e-mail on Friday stating that I would need a replacement lp, inner sleeve and jacket, and just got this response.

"We have received your E-Mail and apologize for the inconvenience. A replacement vinyl will be sent to you early next week.
    Universal is only replacing the LP not the cover. If you need a new cover please contact 10 club.

UMG Customer Service."
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,462
    PH20 wrote:
    I sent the e-mail on Friday stating that I would need a replacement lp, inner sleeve and jacket, and just got this response.

"We have received your E-Mail and apologize for the inconvenience. A replacement vinyl will be sent to you early next week.
    Universal is only replacing the LP not the cover. If you need a new cover please contact 10 club.

UMG Customer Service."
    Has anyone contacted 10C ????
  • jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    I wish I would have noticed this earlier. I emailed them this morning, but haven't got a reply yet. I bought mine at a record store about a week after it was released but I have no idea where the receipt is, probably in the garbage most likely or didn't even ask for one. Mine skips a couple times and has a good amount of hissing at the beginning of the record, so I don't know how I can prove that with a photo. Hopefully it just all works out. It's a bummer that releasing a new record has been such a disaster. Pearl Jam is the reason I started buying vinyl a couple years ago, it's a shame that they can't do a better job than this. 10 Club is really dropping the ball as an actual business, I honestly think. I'm not a long time member or anything but it's becoming really hard to justify spending the money each year. I hope it gets better.
    I bought mine at a record store, emailed Universal saying I bought at a record store with my address, and they replied they would send a replacement. I think you'll get good news (though I emailed last Wednesday and just received word today, so be patient).
  • jbrowniejbrownie Posts: 136
    This is so unfortunate for everyone involved. I've honestly never had problems with new wax EVER. Yeah, some warping...it was really rare to get nice flat platters back in the 80s. They were thin as hell back then too...none of this 180g shit. :lol:

I'm just concerned about shipping a platter straight up in the mail?! Can't see how that ends well.
    & my store has no info or follow-up from UMG at all. So does UMG send me a copy, do I trade my copy, how do I know if I traded for a GOOD copy?

<Sigh> :cry:
  • Dan0zDan0z Posts: 10
    Have any 10c members in Australia received their pre-order yet? getting a bit anxious.
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,467
    Dan0z wrote:
    Have any 10c members in Australia received their pre-order yet? getting a bit anxious.
    Mine arrived in Sydney about 10 minutes ago (black vinyl unfortunately :( ). I'll have a proper look at it when I get home tonight and play it but right now I'm just glad it's here.

Strangely enough, it's the first time I've ever received vinyl from the 10C with no damage to the sleeve. There's always a ding or a bend but this one is fine (on the outside at least...)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    goldrush wrote:
    Dan0z wrote:
    Mine arrived in Sydney about 10 minutes ago (black vinyl unfortunately :( ). I'll have a proper look at it when I get home tonight and play it but right now I'm just glad it's here.

Strangely enough, it's the first time I've ever received vinyl from the 10C with no damage to the sleeve. There's always a ding or a bend but this one is fine (on the outside at least...)
    I'm in NZ, not Oz but I haven't even got my vinyl yet. I'd expected it yesterday or today going on how long my Vault vinyl took to get here after I received the shipping e-mail so I guess it's not far away, then I see if it's playable.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,271
    goldrush wrote:
    Dan0z wrote:

I just don't get it how in the he..... can the vinyl get to Australia before i get mine? For crap sakes its 2.5 hr ferry ride to dt seattle.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Since being asked my full shipping address I haven't heard anything since. Any updates?
  • jack cameronjack cameron Sydney Posts: 340
    Horse2345 wrote:
    goldrush wrote:
    Dan0z wrote:

I just don't get it how in the he..... can the vinyl get to Australia before i get mine? For crap sakes its 2.5 hr ferry ride to dt seattle.

I'm in Sydney, Australia and got mine today. Unfortunately, there is a rip in the bend inside the packaging and the vinyl pops throughout Pendulum (favourite song)...

Where do I get the receipt number? Is it under my 'Order History' on Pearljam.com?

Has anyone contacted TenClub regarding packaging replacements?
    Pearl Jam: 11/02/03 • 13/02/03 • 18/02/03 • 07/11/06 • 13/11/06 • 16/11/06 • 18/11/06 • 19/11/06 • 20/11/09 • 22/11/09 • 26/01/14
    Eddie Vedder: 15/03/11 • 16/03/11 • 18/03/11 • 19/03/11 • 11/02/14 • 12/02/14
  • Received my 10c copy today in Newcastle Australia, during a lightning storm no less! The record is fine except for some loud pops and a whumping sound at the beginning of pendulum that I can live with, none of the other PJ vinyl I own are flawless. Side A has some smudges that do not affect the playback.The cover is fine , no splits etc. Sticker sheet, download coupon and MYM postcard. I'm very pleased overall, can't believe that fans in the US still haven't received theirs yet. I would be spewing!
  • Finally got my 10C vinyl today in Honolulu! And it's RED!! The packaging is in pristine condition. However, I've noticed the rough outer edges of the album's rim that others have mentioned. There is also a small silver colored mark on the outer face on one side of the album. I am not sure how the album sounds, as I don't have a record player. Bought the vinyl with the intention of purchasing a player in the near future. Will have to examine my album more closely and then make a determination if I should pursue requesting another album. Best of luck to everyone else. Aloha!
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    several weeks sounds kinda reasonable if the records need to be re pressed.

Id rather they take their time and get it right
  • superfuzz30superfuzz30 Posts: 399
    edited October 2013
    EDIT: should be more clear about this. THIS IS FOR THE REPLACEMENT VINYL

I am signed up for ups my delivery notifications, got this when I woke up:

Shipper: UMGD/COMMERCIAL

Approximate Delivery Time: between 2:45 PM and 6:45 PM
    UPS Service: UPS Ground

Nice turnaround on this
    Post edited by superfuzz30 on
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Since being asked my full shipping address I haven't heard anything since. Any updates?

I'm in the same situation. Not worried...yet. They must have one person just sitting at a computer reading and replying to e-mails. Just hating their job right now :lol: I've certainly been there.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Since being asked my full shipping address I haven't heard anything since. Any updates?

I'm in the same situation. Not worried...yet. They must have one person just sitting at a computer reading and replying to e-mails. Just hating their job right now :lol: I've certainly been there.
    she can make her day better
    she can put backspacer vinyl to listen..this one played kinda well,with no marking or loud pops
    only 7-8 skips.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • skere26skere26 Posts: 304
    When i toured the United Record Pressing facility on friday, they had 2 presses firing out new Lightning Bolts...I have a picture somewhere..
  • Received a response this morning. My replacement will be shipped early next week.
  • skere26 wrote:
    When i toured the United Record Pressing facility on friday, they had 2 presses firing out new Lightning Bolts...I have a picture somewhere..

Cool, I'd love to see that. Did you ask or see any evidence of red vinyl?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne Posts: 1,462
    Received a response this morning. My replacement will be shipped early next week.
    when did you send the email? I'm trying to figure out what the turn around is on this.
    My email went out on October 26.

Although, I suppose the response time could increase due to more people finally receiving their vinyl.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    skere26 wrote:

Somewhere? haha, when you've gone through your storage boxes in the basement and finally dig out that dusty old polaroid you took on Friday, I'd love to see it. It's probably all sepia toned now too.
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,380
    october22 wrote:
    skere26 wrote:

Somewhere? haha, when you've gone through your storage boxes in the basement and finally dig out that dusty old polaroid you took on Friday, I'd love to see it. It's probably all sepia toned now too.

:lol:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • Received a response this morning. My replacement will be shipped early next week.
    when did you send the email? I'm trying to figure out what the turn around is on this.
    My email went out on October 26.

Although, I suppose the response time could increase due to more people finally receiving their vinyl.

I e-mailed them Oct. 23 with my address included in the e-mail. I never heard back. Followed-up over the weekend. Received a response today indicating it would ship next week.