Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    BEARCATBEARCAT Posts: 12
    Can someone tell me how you know the whereabouts of your vinyl?
    I never received my original one yet and never got any sort of email outside of the one from Ten Club
    for confirmation of my original order.
    My original order had a vinyl and a CD and I did receive the CD.
    In my order history, I see that order with a status of shipped.
    Is there some way you guys are tracking the order via Mail Innovations somehow by using the Ten Club order # ???

http://www.ups-mi.net/packageID/ track using your 10C order number with the number 1 at the end.

So, if my 10C order number was 1234567, I would track 12345671.

Good luck.

T
    "projected delivery date
    no date available"

wait what?

and whats with keeping your vinyl sealed folks?.... you know that actually wrecks them right?

AD

ps anyone have a buffalo poster avail?
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    jwillmo wrote:
    It's up to the merchant to determine the quality of the product? How very odd. Should they open every record they get in bulk and make sure it works? You can go back to them, but they can't reprint the record for you. Again, it's their responsibility to make sure you get taken care of because they sold it to you, but not for the defect in the product. All they can do is tell you how to get it taken care of, which is what 10C did here. Maybe if it was one item, because then you could just exchange it for another one at the store. But in this case, they probably don't have a good copy to exchange it for. So you're stuck waiting for the replacement to get sent to them, and then they give it to you. But in this case the manufacturer is taking care of it directly (presumably at least! hopefully!) If you would rather have your problem resolved in a more roundabout, less efficient way with a middle man involved, that's your bag, man.

I have an implied warranty of merchantability. All I ask is for that to be honored and for 10C to not shuttle its obligation to me off onto a third-party.
    Again, how do you know it's "shuttling"? Maybe UM told them to do it this way and that they would take care of it. Why would they refuse, except to make it less efficient? How about the 10C just say, "Don't worry, we'll take care of it" and then start their own vinyl printing plant and make replacements themselves. Then it would be REALLY inefficient, but they would at least be the ones taking care of you. So you would be happy, no?
    Their responsibility is to make sure you're taken care of. At this point they are still honoring the "warranty of merchantability". If UM doesn't actually take care of it, then you can complain. Being an online retailer who sometimes sells stuff from the manufacturer, and that product is occasionally defective, and the manufacturer sometimes deals with it directly, I have to say you're the kind of customer we really hate dealing with. Luckily, 95% of people say "Oh, thanks for letting me know how to get this resolved." There's always one or two though.
  • Options
    skere26skere26 Posts: 304
    I'm touring United Record Pressing tomorrow..I'll get some answers ;)
  • Options
    sludawg13 wrote:
    10C didn't shuttle you off to a third party, they put you in direct contact with the manufacturer. Who, most likely, made a promise to replace all defective vinyls at no cost to PJ.

You are ignoring the whole point in that 10C is a merchant and has an obligation to me as the consumer.

Let's see how long the issue takes to be resolved. I'm willing to be it is an even bigger clusterfuck than 10C getting the product shipped to consumers in time.
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    Anyone got an answer back after emailing that company made the vinyl?
    No, and I know it has not been too long, but I at least expected a canned response that says they are at least looking in to something, but nothing so far. Another disappointing part of this saga.
  • Options
    sludawg13 wrote:
    10C didn't shuttle you off to a third party, they put you in direct contact with the manufacturer. Who, most likely, made a promise to replace all defective vinyls at no cost to PJ.

You are ignoring the whole point in that 10C is a merchant and has an obligation to me as the consumer.

Let's see how long the issue takes to be resolved. I'm willing to be it is an even bigger clusterfuck than 10C getting the product shipped to consumers in time.
    Yes, that seems to be your general mentality. It's like you want it not to work out. I deal with customers like you sometimes. Luckily they are few and far between, but there are definitely more like you.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    lots of stress again in this thread....

I too see a lot of sense in directing us back to get this fixed without a middleman.

The delays will be forgotten in a few weeks, the backlash is to be expected but all will be well.

I bet in years to come we don't see many 'sealed' LB's being offered ;)
  • Options
    jwillmo wrote:
    Again, how do you know it's "shuttling"? Maybe UM told them to do it this way and that they would take care of it. Why would they refuse, except to make it less efficient? How about the 10C just say, "Don't worry, we'll take care of it" and then start their own vinyl printing plant and make replacements themselves. Then it would be REALLY inefficient, but they would at least be the ones taking care of you. So you would be happy, no?
    Their responsibility is to make sure you're taken care of. At this point they are still honoring the "warranty of merchantability". If UM doesn't actually take care of it, then you can complain. Being an online retailer who sometimes sells stuff from the manufacturer, and that product is occasionally defective, and the manufacturer sometimes deals with it directly, I have to say you're the kind of customer we really hate dealing with. Luckily, 95% of people say "Oh, thanks for letting me know how to get this resolved." There's always one or two though.

1) Given that someone earlier in the thread contacted UM and UM would only acknowledge that 10C sent out the email and that there wasn't any such agreement, I call that shuttling. Plus, UM has zero way of knowing who did and who didn't purchase the record. 10C does. This is just adding more and more layers of inefficiency to the process.

2) 10C's responsibility is not to make sure that I'm taken care of in some ethereal sense. 10C's responsibility is to send me conforming goods and when that doesn't happen, replace the goods. And I'm not asking for 10C to start its own vinyl pressing plant. I'm asking that they send me conforming goods and rectify a problem they are in a better position to correct than me.

3) I'm happy that you would rather be malfeasant in your merchant's duty than take care of your customers. 10C sold the good, 10C needs to fix it.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    will the "2nd editions" be labeled as such for future reference? I'd hate for someone to go buy a sealed LB years from now wanting to spin it and get a "1st edition" that is flawed
  • Options
    jwillmo wrote:

1) Given that someone earlier in the thread contacted UM and UM would only acknowledge that 10C sent out the email and that there wasn't any such agreement, I call that shuttling. Plus, UM has zero way of knowing who did and who didn't purchase the record. 10C does. This is just adding more and more layers of inefficiency to the process.

2) 10C's responsibility is not to make sure that I'm taken care of in some ethereal sense. 10C's responsibility is to send me conforming goods and when that doesn't happen, replace the goods. And I'm not asking for 10C to start its own vinyl pressing plant. I'm asking that they send me conforming goods and rectify a problem they are in a better position to correct than me.

3) I'm happy that you would rather be malfeasant in your merchant's duty than take care of your customers. 10C sold the good, 10C needs to fix it.
    Man, you are playing the part to perfection.
  • Options
    It would have been nice if they just did it the way Jacket did it. I did not even know there was a problem with the "Green" Jacket records till I got my replacement in the mail without even asking for it. They just replaced all of them end of story.

So I just received my LB vinyl and it has very rough edges and the sleeve and cover are ripped (which makes the collector in me go crazy but I will live with it) hopefully it will sound good when I have a chance to play it so I don't have to go through the whole replacement thing. We shall see.......
    WHITE SOX WHITE SOX GO GO WHITE SOX
  • Options
    sludawg13 wrote:

And you are ignoring the fact that 10C went to the manufacturer to tell them about the problem and the manufacturer told them to pass along their email address to us and they'd handle it. Do you know how much bigger the "clusterfuck" would be if we had to send our LPs back to the 10C and they'd have to handle the exchanges??
  • Options
    jwillmo wrote:
    jwillmo wrote:

Man, you are playing the part to perfection.
    I'll play the game with part 3 though. Every one of our customers subsequently got their replacement shipped in a timely fashion. Such malfeasance!
  • Options
    So, does ANYONE out there have LB on vinyl that arrived in mint condition inside and out and plays well? Because I haven't seen a post to that effect yet.
  • Options
    jwillmo wrote:
    I'm asking that they send me conforming goods and rectify a problem they are in a better position to correct than me.
    It's not 10C's fault you can't send an email. I imagine they would definitely be better at articulating the problem than you, though.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I made it clear in my email that I was in no rush and that I'd rather them take the time to manufacture mint copies than rush out replacements that might also have defects.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    regalturbo wrote:
    So, does ANYONE out there have LB on vinyl that arrived in mint condition inside and out and plays well? Because I haven't seen a post to that effect yet.

Sadly, it looks like they're all f'd up. I got mine last night and it was all scuffed up and there was some kind of film on it.

I feel bad for the band......the detail on the album cover is so awesome. I had to do a double-take, because it looked like the image was painted on there by hand.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Got a bad vinyl and emailed... not worried about it. They'll get it done and I have the digital tracks to listen to.

This is going to be a massive undertaking to get a replacement system setup so that's likely why there hasn't been responses sent yet. Would imagine once they have a process they'll start sending the emails so everyone knows how to do the exchange. Having been a part of something like this at an old job, it's an absolute logistical nightmare sometimes so probably an issue of just getting everything setup before setting everything into motion.

All will be well... just might take a little time. We'll all make it through - this won't be like waiting for the Cubs to win the World Series.
  • Options
    GT1015GT1015 Posts: 165
    So what do you do if you bought one, got it, but have not opened it yet, and might not want to open it.... Do you break the seal and check to see there are defects? Or leave it mint, which might not actually be mint...
  • Options
    jwillmo wrote:
    jwillmo wrote:
    I'm asking that they send me conforming goods and rectify a problem they are in a better position to correct than me.
    It's not 10C's fault you can't send an email. I imagine they would definitely be better at articulating the problem than you, though.
    it is 10C's fault they cannot send conforming goods. by the by, I did send an email to the link provided. Doesn't mean I'm not upset by the entire problem.
  • Options
    GT1015 wrote:
    So what do you do if you bought one, got it, but have not opened it yet, and might not want to open it.... Do you break the seal and check to see there are defects? Or leave it mint, which might not actually be mint...

leaving it in the plastic wrap is bad for vinyl.
  • Options
    jwillmo wrote:
    ]
    it is 10C's fault they cannot send conforming goods. by the by, I did send an email to the link provided. Doesn't mean I'm not upset by the entire problem.
    We're all upset about it. We're just not all being ridiculous about it.
  • Options
    jwillmo wrote:
    Yes, it is totally ridiculous to require a merchant to back the implied warranty of merchantability and not a legal obligation on the merchant or anything like that. Yessiree
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    jwillmo wrote:
    Yes, it is totally ridiculous to require a merchant to back the implied warranty of merchantability and not a legal obligation on the merchant or anything like that. Yessiree

Alright, lets take it down a notch everyone, it's a record, not Obamacare...... ;):)
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    jwillmo wrote:
    Glad you finally came around! That wasn't so hard now was it?

Sorry guys, I'll stop now. I'm a little on edge - I just want to hear Pendulum on vinyl, is that so wrong? Why did THAT song have to be the one that skips!!
  • Options
    jwillmo wrote:
    Sorry guys, I'll stop now. I'm a little on edge - I just want to hear Pendulum on vinyl, is that so wrong? Why did THAT song have to be the one that skips!!

:lol: I hear ya! I haven't even got the vinyl in the mail yet to know if its f'd. Hard for me to send an email in when I haven't received it yet. Soon I'm sure. I'm busy fixing my speakers anyway right now. I wanted them to be in perfect shape for when my vinyl arrives.

Barrie, ON '98
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    regalturbo wrote:

Mine from the 10c is.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    So, like many of you, I've been anxiously waiting since 10/15 for my copy that was ordered in August... aaaaand today I received two copies in the mail.

Was a replacement automatically issued because the first copy is f'ed up? Anyone else get a double?
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    regalturbo wrote:

Mine from the 10c is.

Next your going to tell me the vinyl is red too! :)

Barrie, ON '98
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    sludawg13 wrote:
    regalturbo wrote:

Sadly, it looks like they're all f'd up. I got mine last night and it was all scuffed up and there was some kind of film on it.

I feel bad for the band......the detail on the album cover is so awesome. I had to do a double-take, because it looked like the image was painted on there by hand.

Mine arrived perfect, plays perfect too.
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering