Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    I have been needing to ask for a replacement of my white sleeve LB. When I got home from getting chewed out by someone I needed to be nice to there was a package. To my delight, It was another copy of LB (unsolicited),a nice color gatefold copy of LB, stickers, lyrics sheet plus a black sleeve copy of LB. I was reluctant to open the gatefold, but after about 5 minutes I could not take it any longer. I'll play it tonight after the Thunder vs Clippers game w/ bourbon on ice (wish I could get some Arrogant Bastard in OKC).

Thanks and good customer service by UMG.
    dayday wrote:
    happy to report that ups delivered a complete replacement today! i was expecting only a new jacket and sleeve, but the vinyl was included as well. now i have the original damaged copy, the replacement vinyl in the plain black sleeve, and a new complete copy. this one is spinning now and sounds perfect. it was shipped in a higher quality mailer, so there is no damage to the jacket. they also took care to remove the vinyl from the sleeve before shipping.
    very happy with UMG and the tenclub for their handling of this situation. hope everyone else ends up as satisfied as i am!
    Nacogdoches `93 Dallas`98 BSB `01 OKC `03 Houston `03 Vic `07 OKC `13 Tulsa `14  EV Tulsa 1 `12
  • Options
    woutermahuwoutermahu Posts: 30
    edited November 2013
    There was a note from the mailman today that 'a package from Seattle' can be picked up at the post office...!
    Let's hope it is what I think it is (7 weeks after shipping notification...!!)

EDIT: nope, STILL nothing… :cry:
    Post edited by woutermahu on
    Rotterdam (NL) - Jul 03, 2000 (cancelled) - Irvine (US) - Jun 02, 2003 / San Diego (US) - Jun 05, 2003 / Arnhem (NL) - Aug 29, 2006 / Antwerp (BE)- Aug 30, 2006 / Paris (FR)- Sep 11, 2006 / Pistoia (IT) - Sep 20, 2006 / London (UK) - Jun 18, 2007 / Nijmegen (NL) - Jun 28, 2007 / Rotterdam (NL) - Aug 13, 2009 / Berlin (DE)- Aug 15, 2009 - June 22, 2010 / Dublin (IR) - July 4, 2010 / Rock Werchter (BE)
  • Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    i was buying a Christmas LP from "sound stage direct" the other day, and noticed that they have a "condition" policy.

if you want a promise that your sleeve will be in good shape, than you MUST allow them to open the record, and put the Vinyl in a temporary sleeve, for shipping. I guess its far to easy for record sleeves to tear in shipping from bouncing around. if you want a "SEALED" album on your doorstep, they make no promises about the sleeve condition, and you can not return for that purpose. IF you allow them to open it, and put the record in a secondary sleeve, they will warranty it.

just thought it was interesting to see the position of such a large LP dealer.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,423
    mikerl wrote:
    i was buying a Christmas LP from "sound stage direct" the other day, and noticed that they have a "condition" policy.

if you want a promise that your sleeve will be in good shape, than you MUST allow them to open the record, and put the Vinyl in a temporary sleeve, for shipping. I guess its far to easy for record sleeves to tear in shipping from bouncing around. if you want a "SEALED" album on your doorstep, they make no promises about the sleeve condition, and you can not return for that purpose. IF you allow them to open it, and put the record in a secondary sleeve, they will warranty it.

That's interesting! Thanks for the info, 'cuz I order from them.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,743
    mikerl wrote:

That's interesting! Thanks for the info, 'cuz I order from them.
    I did take them up on that offer for TOTD, and they do a great job of packaging the vinyl outside of the jacket. They put it in a second sleeve to protect it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Does a shipping confirmation come from 10C for the replacement vinyl? Because I got an email saying my 10C Lighning Bolt has shipped, but I'm wondering if it was just another screw-up like the Sevens shipping email.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    jonsey30 wrote:
    Does a shipping confirmation come from 10C for the replacement vinyl? Because I got an email saying my 10C Lighning Bolt has shipped, but I'm wondering if it was just another screw-up like the Sevens shipping email.
    I never got one after they said they'd resend mine....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    It took Subpop 7 days to get my Soundgarden 2LP to my door.
    Same weight, same location (Seattle), same destination, same cost for shipping (approx.).
    I even think it's the same company delivering the goods too...

:evil:
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    I just got the album replacement with cover!!! I'll opened it up when I get home tonight and see if everything is fine this time. Wish me luck guys! :roll:
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,735
    Got my replacement record and packaging yesterday via UPS.

Box was huge, the album fit snugly inside with some bubble wrap on the top to take up the slack, but nothing to protect the corners from getting smashed. Vinyl was in a separate sleeve inside the gatefold. It's a miracle it wasn't damaged at all!

Spinning it in a few, hoping this replacement sounds as good as I'm reading. :thumbup:
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    Got replacement vinyl but not cover :? My vinyl popped and the cover was ripped/cut on top as well. Why is everyone getting full packaged replacements ? Sarah told me cover would be replaced at a later date and it's been 3 weeks :fp: :nono:
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,926
    My L.B. vinyl replacement arrived today. Thank you, 10C! Funny thing is, at first I couldn't imagine what was in the box. It's almost big enough to fit my turn table into it and the packing is enough to protect a glass sculpture. But the LP arrived safely and I'll re-use the box and all the packing material. Nothing wasted around here! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,698
    So yeah, who else like myself received an email from UMG that said they are Out Of Stock and still waiting for their replacement vinyl in the mail? Did anyone receive a new email right after that the replacement vinyls are back in stocked & shipped? Or yet, received?
  • Options
    Ordered on July 11th, I am still waiting for it. The whole world got the new album, but fans who are paying fees didn't have it yet. Great job (I am living in Switzerland)

Seriously Almost a shame
  • Options
    I am STILL waiting for the original in Toronto. I've emailed the 10C three times, finally receiving a garbage stock response to one of my follow-up emails. As someone who has spent more than a decade leading and training elite customer service for retail and luxury hotels, it's an absolute customer service disgrace that they would send this email while everyone else is publicly receiving their replacement copies...
    Hi,
    Your order was shipped to the address provided at time of purchase:

Shaun
    ## XXXXXX Street
    Toronto ON XXX XXX
    Canada

Normal transit time is 10-14 business days.

These are worst case shipping times. Orders are shipped without tracking.
    International orders shipped via UPS Mail Innovations can take up to 4-8 weeks for processing, shipping and delivery. At this time, there is no tracking information available for International shipments. Please take into account holidays and poor weather conditions. Shipments to Canada, Mexico, South America and Australia can expect delays due to increased Customs scrutiny. Orders that have not arrived within 90 days of order placement will be considered lost and will be resent if stock remains or store credit will be given in full amount of purchase.

Thanks-
    10c

First of all, based on the day I received my shipping notification, the 'normal transit time' would not have allowed the LP's to 'arrive on release date' as they had stated, so that's a huge problem for the way they sold the record (but we all know that now). But the bigger problem here is that we know there is defective stock, and they're going to let customer's sit and wait for these to arrive and possibly run out of stock in the meantime, leaving refund as the only possible option at the end of the process.

Who is running this company?
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,599
    I still haven't received my first vinyl but I got the same shitty e-mail. They want me to wait 90 days to consider the package lost instead of sending me a replacement. This is pathetic. Those who are running ten club are bunch of wankers. This service is embarrasing...
  • Options
    That's incredible. people have already received their copy 2nd while others still await their first. I hallucinating I ordered the disc in July and I am still waiting. for me it is the last Time I make a deal with the 10c. I offer them to give me a refund and no answers. That´s really a shame
  • Options
    RW8297 wrote:
    I still haven't received my first vinyl but I got the same shitty e-mail. They want me to wait 90 days to consider the package lost instead of sending me a replacement. This is pathetic. Those who are running ten club are bunch of wankers. This service is embarrasing...

mind your manners!
    2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • Options
    rcsrcs Posts: 711
    Shaun G wrote:
    I am STILL waiting for the original in Toronto. I've emailed the 10C three times, finally receiving a garbage stock response to one of my follow-up emails. As someone who has spent more than a decade leading and training elite customer service for retail and luxury hotels, it's an absolute customer service disgrace that they would send this email while everyone else is publicly receiving their replacement copies...
    Hi,
    Your order was shipped to the address provided at time of purchase:

Shaun
    ## XXXXXX Street
    Toronto ON XXX XXX
    Canada

Normal transit time is 10-14 business days.

These are worst case shipping times. Orders are shipped without tracking.
    International orders shipped via UPS Mail Innovations can take up to 4-8 weeks for processing, shipping and delivery. At this time, there is no tracking information available for International shipments. Please take into account holidays and poor weather conditions. Shipments to Canada, Mexico, South America and Australia can expect delays due to increased Customs scrutiny. Orders that have not arrived within 90 days of order placement will be considered lost and will be resent if stock remains or store credit will be given in full amount of purchase.

Thanks-
    10c

First of all, based on the day I received my shipping notification, the 'normal transit time' would not have allowed the LP's to 'arrive on release date' as they had stated, so that's a huge problem for the way they sold the record (but we all know that now). But the bigger problem here is that we know there is defective stock, and they're going to let customer's sit and wait for these to arrive and possibly run out of stock in the meantime, leaving refund as the only possible option at the end of the process.

Who is running this company?

I'm in the same situation. Got the exact same email and feel the exact same way as you and others do.

Incredibly disappointed with 10C and their lack of customer service.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • Options
    I got the same e-mail a while back (I actually get the same e-mail anytime I ask about any shipment after it hasn't arrived). Mine finally showed up in Halifax about 10 days ago. I immediately e-mailed the company for a replacement, vinyl was covered in dust and what looked like hand prints and there were tears in the artwork. I will say the company dealing with the replacements got back to me that day stating my new vinyl would be shipped out within a few days. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    I'm happy to say my vinyl cover and the sound of the record is good now. Finally I can smile :)
  • Options
    Dan0zDan0z Posts: 10
    so hows this for shameful...

Lightning Bolt pre-order shipping confirmation sent to me on the 10th of October... still hasn't arrived.
    Screaming Life/Fopp pre-order through Subpop shipping confirmation sent to me on the 15th of November and arrived today (it took just 10 days international)

This whole 90 days waiting before the vinyl is declared missing in the post is a load of BS. I mean... I buy 90% of my records from the states and from Europe. I buy from a number of different sellers (amazon, private sellers, independent record labels etc) and they all arrive in roughly the same time frame.

I know there are plenty of others in the same boat as me, but it seems we've all been sent the same generic email. There is no customer service going on here at all.

So frustrated!!!
  • Options
    As the 10C pre order copy hasn't arrived, asked for a refund around 5 x days ago, previous to this several emails regarding none arrival of LB Vinyl and still waiting for a response regarding from anyone there.

Got quite exited about the release of LB as the build up was quite good and with the expectation that you could get a copy of the vinyl and not have it limited to a couple of thousand. Then this happens, very poor show, has put a dampener on the whole PJ corporate approach to fans.

Last time I feel out of favour with my favourite band with the lead singer/guitarist leaving and being replaced by a comic, it lasted 16 years. Fortunately they are back on track as a four piece and heading into their ruby years as a solid British band.
  • Options
    KC193596 wrote:

Last time I feel out of favour with my favourite band with the lead singer/guitarist leaving and being replaced by a comic, it lasted 16 years. Fortunately they are back on track as a four piece and heading into their ruby years as a solid British band.

What band replaced their lead singer with a comic??
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    KC193596 wrote:

Blur I guess...turned into Gorillaz
  • Options
    chinobaeza wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    KC193596 wrote:

Blur I guess...turned into Gorillaz
    Oh.... I kind of like Gorillaz. :P
  • Options
    No news about my LB vinyl too..
    Screaming Life/Fopp pre-order through Subpop shipping confirmation sent to me on the 15th of November and arrived (to HUNGARY) on the 19th of Nov. (!!) Shipping and handling was $21.45. Expensive but it took only 4 days to arrive!
    Walking Papers shipping confirmation sent to me on the 11th of November and arrived on the 22th of Nov. Shipping and handling was only $8.99 and it arrived in a 1,5" wide professional cardboard box!
    Disappointed..
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    KC193596 wrote:

Not a comic in the literal sense, but a bit of a joker. Some fans liked him butblots didn't. The band is The Stranglers, now in their 40th year recording and gigging. Jet the drummer not in the best of health (75) but still gets out and has a roll of the skins on every tour. Very highly underrated band, they didn't do them themselves any favours back in the 70's when they appeared on BBC's Rock Goes to College at Guildford University. When the BBC and University renegade on the ticketing policy and only let the elite and students have tickets not the fans (pre Ticketmaster days). The result was them playing a blistering 4 song set then telling the University crowd and BBC what they thought about them, then walked off stage. Classic Stranglers stance, check out YouTube hanging around Guildford 1978.
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    Did anyone get a new cover / sleeve sent to them?
  • Options
    Glad I'm not alone, still waiting.... :fp: it's gotta show this week right?
    Like A Fist To The Jaw