Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    Hi all my name's Riccardo, I write from Italy.
    Today I received my Lightning Bolt vinyl, and i confirm all issues. I have a big cut in the sleeve (disc and outer one), it plays very crappy with clicks and pops in quite every song and, the best defect, at 30 secs from the beginning of Future Days, my '89 good old Pioneer find a i-don't-know-what that stops the play of the record and the stylus stays there endlessly :( ...i emailed UMG today just few hours after i played LB...hope for the best, but i know i will wait 4 long weeks to know what they will re-deliver to me... anyone else from Italy here?
    Bye all and good luck for us :P
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Received the vinyl in Denmark today and the record is totally unlistenable and has noise and cracks in the sound on the entire side A. What a shame. Oh well...wrote to the address and hopefully they´ll send a new one ASAP! :cry:

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    PrimalPrimal Posts: 41
    galwaydave wrote:
    I emailed Ten again last night to complain about not receiving the original and they replied saying they had processed a refund for me..
    Pop into work this morning and there it is lol It looks perfect , no marks of any kind that I can see , Fingers crossed it's from the new batch. Came with some stupid stickers too :roll:
    So we can request a refund if this thing hasn't shown up yet? That'd work for me - then I can wander down to the local music store and pick up a copy...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023
    Just received their reply this afternoon.

We have received your E-Mail and apologize for the inconvenience. A replacement vinyl will ship when we have available stock.

Thank you for your patience
    UMG Customer Service

So I was right. Replacement won't arrive now to Canada till after the New Year.
    D'oh!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,655
    demetrios wrote:
    Just received their reply this afternoon.

We have received your E-Mail and apologize for the inconvenience. A replacement vinyl will ship when we have available stock.

Thank you for your patience
    UMG Customer Service

So I was right. Replacement won't arrive now to Canada till after the New Year.
    D'oh!
    Fucking bullshit.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    Primal wrote:
    galwaydave wrote:
    I emailed Ten again last night to complain about not receiving the original and they replied saying they had processed a refund for me..
    Pop into work this morning and there it is lol It looks perfect , no marks of any kind that I can see , Fingers crossed it's from the new batch. Came with some stupid stickers too :roll:
    So we can request a refund if this thing hasn't shown up yet? That'd work for me - then I can wander down to the local music store and pick up a copy...
    And what do you do when it shows up from 10C the next day? I guess you're not going to give them their money back.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    Primal wrote:
    galwaydave wrote:
    And what do you do when it shows up from 10C the next day? I guess you're not going to give them their money back.
    You mean when it shows up over a month after release date when according to the site I ordered it off 'will be shipped to arrive on release date.'?
  • Options
    I don't know if someone has already pointed this out, but my replacement (which came to the Toronto area exactly 7 days after I sent the complaint email!) has the roman numerals "II" etched on the inner rim by the sticker and my defective original does not. I'm guessing this is a way to identify the new batch of pressed vinyl? Might help some of you determine which batch your original or replacement came from.
  • Options
    jack cameronjack cameron Sydney Posts: 340
    I got mine yesterday in Sydney, Australia!

Now I'm waiting for new artwork...
    Pearl Jam: 11/02/03 • 13/02/03 • 18/02/03 • 07/11/06 • 13/11/06 • 16/11/06 • 18/11/06 • 19/11/06 • 20/11/09 • 22/11/09 • 26/01/14
    Eddie Vedder: 15/03/11 • 16/03/11 • 18/03/11 • 19/03/11 • 11/02/14 • 12/02/14
  • Options
    Primal wrote:
    You mean when it shows up over a month after release date when according to the site I ordered it off 'will be shipped to arrive on release date.'?
    Uh, yeah, I guess that's what I mean. I don't feel like I deserve to get it for free just because it's a month late, do you?
  • Options
    CafCaf Posts: 3
    managed to get my vinyl copy today, but have left it in the locker at work (long story involving a colleague who's a massive PJ fan not being in til tomorrow). Seems to look OK but I was wondering if all vinyl versions came with a digital download as I couldn't see anything on first glance...
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    Primal wrote:
    Uh, yeah, I guess that's what I mean. I don't feel like I deserve to get it for free just because it's a month late, do you?
    No - I don't feel like I deserve anything for free. Which is why I'd rather cancel my order with 10 Club, go and get the LP from the music store - if 10 Club are desperate for the vinyl back then they can pay for the shipping back to them if it ever shows up.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606
    Caf wrote:
    managed to get my vinyl copy today, but have left it in the locker at work (long story involving a colleague who's a massive PJ fan not being in til tomorrow). Seems to look OK but I was wondering if all vinyl versions came with a digital download as I couldn't see anything on first glance...

If you ordered from the 10C, the download is in your order history.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I have my work address as my delivery address & I only have 5 more days of work now until I leave for the US. It will be extra mental if it doesn't arrive before I leave, I could have had it delivered to someone in the US & picked it up off them! Tomorrow is 5 weeks since I received my shipping confirmation e-mail. Even a pigeon'd be here by now(maybe, I have no idea, but you get what I mean)! OhGod-ShakingHeadSmiley.gif
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    I have my work address as my delivery address & I only have 5 more days of work now until I leave for the US. It will be extra mental if it doesn't arrive before I leave, I could have had it delivered to someone in the US & picked it up off them! Tomorrow is 5 weeks since I received my shipping confirmation e-mail. Even a pigeon'd be here by now(maybe, I have no idea, but you get what I mean)! OhGod-ShakingHeadSmiley.gif
    I'm still waiting too, but did you say some NZers received theirs already? I hope mine was from the first batch, I want a faulty one and a replacement! :lol:
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    bazzer wrote:
    morello wrote:
    I'm still waiting too, but did you say some NZers received theirs already? I hope mine was from the first batch, I want a faulty one and a replacement! :lol:
    Yep, I know of one 10c guy in Auckland who's received his, faulty & unplayable though but e-mail for replacement has been sent.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Well my 'free' copy as some of you stated here sounds terrible. So as soon as I ever get my refund I'll buy in town.
    This 10c Experience is my first time with a pre-order, and my last.
  • Options
    Well - I figured the waiting had gone on too long, so I emailed 10 Club asking about my order - asking if it had gotten to the point where I should give up hope of it arriving. They Emailed back super quick advising that they'd send me another.

The waiting game begins again....
  • Options
    I was wondering how long it took to receive word back from UMG - I emailed them 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard back? Can anyone help?
    If I knew where it was.....I WOULD TAKE YOU THERE! THERES MUCH MORE THAN THIS!
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    I was wondering how long it took to receive word back from UMG - I emailed them 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard back? Can anyone help?

I received my vinyl in Toronto the first week of November and sent the email the same day. Never heard from them but today I received my good copy. And yes it plays fine. :D

Very happy with the speed of the replacement.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    I sent an email last week Monday 11/4 letting them know that both vinyl and cover were damage. Lori replied back on 11/5, stating a "replacement" will be sent in a couple of weeks. Hope my replacement is both the cover plus vinyl. I guess another wait :(
  • Options
    I sent my email October 30 - I'm going to send another one. Thx!
    If I knew where it was.....I WOULD TAKE YOU THERE! THERES MUCH MORE THAN THIS!
  • Options
    Still waiting for the first order to arrive in South West Australia. Longest anything has ever taken. Starting to worry as good I have ordered since have shown up.
  • Options
    Dan0zDan0z Posts: 10
    Still waiting for the first order to arrive in South West Australia. Longest anything has ever taken. Starting to worry as good I have ordered since have shown up.

Yep, in Melbourne, Australia and also still waiting... and like you I have bought 2 10C t-shirts that have already arrived. How long is "too long" to wait for a pre-order that I ordered day one and has now been out for a month already??
  • Options
    still no vinyl here in the uk. received no email from ten club explaining why this is taking so long, a month after release date and nothing. Never ordering any music from ten club again.
    IF YOU HATE SOMETHING,.. DONT YOU DO IT TOO
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    still no vinyl here in the uk. received no email from ten club explaining why this is taking so long, a month after release date and nothing. Never ordering any music from ten club again.
    I believe many of us won't be buying music from the 10c again....unless is a very/extremely/rare limited edition
  • Options
    chinobaeza wrote:
    I believe many of us won't be buying music from the 10c again....unless is a very/extremely/rare limited edition

Usually when it comes to ordering stuff from 10C (Mad Season, Shadows, White BS etc), I don't care about the delivery time as I've already heard the music. Waiting 4-5 weeks (and still waiting) for a new album sucks bigtime...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    I sent my email October 30 - I'm going to send another one. Thx!

Sent email on the 25th, they replied on the 28th. Still have not gotten a replacement. :evil:
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,731

don't be too hasty, tenclub did their part in shipping these out, ok they were slightly later than promised but that was a manufacturing delay. The delays since are entirely out of their hands.

Ive found them extremely expedient in dealing with queries on it too.

clearly something has gone wrong on this occasion with a third party shipper, and im sure that is being dealt with internally, and they sure wont come on here and tell us all about that flogging.
  • Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    WashMyLove wrote:
    I sent an email last week Monday 11/4 letting them know that both vinyl and cover were damage. Lori replied back on 11/5, stating a "replacement" will be sent in a couple of weeks. Hope my replacement is both the cover plus vinyl. I guess another wait :(

im fairly certain your sleeve will not come with the record.

i am in the same boat.. when my Vinyl replacement came, there was no sleeve. when i emailed about it, i was told the replacement sleeves were in production, and would be shipped out when they come in.

mike
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013