Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    jonsey30 wrote:
    Just sent in my e-mail for a replacement as well. Not only does the record skip, but the gatefold is ripping. I don't care how long it takes, just want to have what I paid for. If they decide to send me a red one, so bet it!

are universal replacing the sleeves?

you might need to raise that issue with tenclub too just in case as Im sure someone said somewhere that only tenclub could replace the sleeve

could be wrong though...

This was 10C policy regarding damaged sleeves etc some year ago:

"We sell music. We do not sell Vinyl "conditionally". We do not advertise items as "mint" or any other condition. If you require pristine items, please purchase them in person so you can inspect and reject any items that don't meet your standards.
    IF the actual vinyl is damaged and will not play, we will replace it, but we will no longer replace covers, sleeves, boxes etc that do not conform to your conditional standards."

I sure hope theyve had second thoughts...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Those questioning the ship times and who to contact re: sleeve/cover replacements, this is from the official news bulletin on this site:
    If you require a replacement on the packaging, please be advised that this will take anywhere from 4-6 weeks as parts of the packaging are made by hand.
    Statement from UMG/Republic
  • Options
    JP4846JP4846 Posts: 27
    I received my replacement about a week and a half after emailing customer service. It plays perfect!
    Sea 96, Sea 98 #1&2, SF 00, PDX 00, Sea 00 #1&2, Sea 01, Sea 02 #3&4, Missoula 03, Van BC 03, Sea 05, Gorge 05, Van BC 05, Gorge 06 #1&2, Sea 09 #2,Van BC 09, EV PDX 11, Van BC 11, Missoula 12, Spokane 13, Calgary 13, Van BC 13, Sea 13
  • Options
    My replacement came , I email the record company and they will be replacing sleeves as mine is also ripped
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    URP seems to be handling this very well. Nicely done.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    Replacement vinyl finally arrived today!! I think the first time I emailed them (Oct 25) the guy that responded didn't put my order in. The packing slip showed an order date of 11/13, which is when I emailed them again last week.

So, if you've emailed for a replacement and weeks have gone by, send them another email.

Upon visual inspection, the replacement looks blemish-free. Unfortunately I have errands to run all evening so I won't be able to give a proper listen til late tonight.
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,184
    My replacement arrived today. Universal was outstanding with this. Great communication, consistent replies within hours, and excellent packaging for a safe arrival. Very well done. Thanks to all for this smooth process.
  • Options
    I received my replacement today. Brand new LP and sleeve all sealed together. Haven't opened it yet to inspect the quality though.
    Columbus 6/24/03, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Cleveland 5/20/06, Pittsburgh 6/23/06, Chicago 8/5/07, New York 6/24/08, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, Mansfield 6/30/08, EV D.C. 8/16/08, EV Chicago 8/22/08, EV Baltimore 6/14/09, Chicago 8/23/09, Philadelphia 10/27/09, Philadelphia 10/28/09, Philadelphia 10/30/09, Philadelphia 10/31/09, Columbus 5/6/10, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Cleveland 5/9/10, Buffalo 5/10/10, EV Detroit 6/26/11, Toronto 9/12/11, Hamilton 9/15/11, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, Buffalo 10/12/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, Los Angeles 11/24/13, Cincinnati 10/1/14, Detroit 10/16/14, New York 9/26/15, Greenville 4/16/16, Hampton 4/18/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Philadelphia 4/29/16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/22/16, Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    Day's back I received an email from UMG that they were out of stock. For those that did receive the same email, did they ever get back to you or did you receive the replacement in the mail? I live in Canada so I understand the delivery time will be much longer. Just wished the communication was much easier handling this.
  • Options
    Dem, they got back to me last week about my cover package saying it will be replaced on a later date. Got my vinyl replacement but waiting for the new packaging
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    Spun the replacement late last night when I got home - it's perfect! Woohoo!! Now if I can only get 10C to send me my 2012 single, I'll be all right!
  • Options
    stukatzstukatz Posts: 110
    no original and no replacement....this is getting a little ridiculous...

looks like i'll be buying one locally (Toronto) if and when it ever hits stores....
  • Options
    Also no original for this Torontonian. I wonder what will come first, my LP or a response from my email to the ten club...
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,583
    ten club service is bullshit. no vinyl, no reply, pathetic exclusive digital content,.. no comments.
    :nono: :nono: :nono:
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    edited November 2013
    One last day for my LB vinyl to arrive 5(I think) weeks after I got the shipping confirmation e-mail otherwise I'm off to the US tomorrow & I could have had it sent to a friend there. Fucking ridiculous. How can it possibly take 5+ weeks to ship something!?!?!?!? & thennnnn it'll probably be faulty. Not another 5+ weeks for the replacement I hope.

A free bootleg download to make up for this please 10c? Is that too much to ask?
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    daydaydayday Michigan, USA Posts: 93
    happy to report that ups delivered a complete replacement today! i was expecting only a new jacket and sleeve, but the vinyl was included as well. now i have the original damaged copy, the replacement vinyl in the plain black sleeve, and a new complete copy. this one is spinning now and sounds perfect. it was shipped in a higher quality mailer, so there is no damage to the jacket. they also took care to remove the vinyl from the sleeve before shipping.
    very happy with UMG and the tenclub for their handling of this situation. hope everyone else ends up as satisfied as i am!
    "i'll ride the wave~where it takes me"

Detroit, Michigan 08-01-1992
    Charleston, South Carolina 10-05-1996
    East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-1998
    Greenville, South Carolina 09-04-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-25-2003
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-26-2003
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 10-03-2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 05-19-2006
    Chicago, Illinois 08-05-2007
    Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014
    Chicago, Illinois 09-07-2023
  • Options
    Been waiting for the original ordered from ten club but today i couldn't take it any longer, bought a new one in my local store. Spinning now, hearing it on vinyl is like hearing it for the first time, but with already knowing the songs. Awesome. Just hoping this was a one time setback and new deliveries come as smooth as they used to.
    2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • Options
    Hi - this is my first post - hope it's helpful. I've lost count of the emails I've sent re non delivery here in the UK, so I thought I'd phone them. The bloke on the end of the phone couldn't have been more helpful and said he'd ship a replacement today. The number is (800) 724 8038 - have to wait and see if it arrives!
  • Options
    8bitj8bitj Posts: 98
    Got my replacement last night. Spins perfect, got the full package plus the record was in a separate anti-static sleeve. Sucks that everything went the way it did, but in the end this record just sounds SO DAMN GOOD i can't complain :D
  • Options
    NadjaZNadjaZ Posts: 33
    Dear Pearl Jam Fans,

I have a huge request,
    we are a man and woman from Germany/Berlin, Pearl Jam Fans since 20 years and can win a travel to the concert in Seattle with our local radio station. For this we need your help as much as possible.
    Can you vote for us to be the winner at

http://www.rockland.fm/start.php?uservoting

just click for Nadja and Thorsten and see our marry proposal on the vinyl as love letters.

Till saturday morning in Germany the winner will be announced in the radio. So long we need much much more votings to have a chance!!!

I have no Idea how to contact as many fans as possible.

So if you all can please send this to more fans, because they know how great this wiuld be to meet Pearl Jam.

Please vote for the two of us as often as you have the time for (you can vote ever and ever again)
    thank you so much for this support,
    Nadja
  • Options
    NadjaZ wrote:
    Dear Pearl Jam Fans,

I have a huge request,
    we are a man and woman from Germany/Berlin, Pearl Jam Fans since 20 years and can win a travel to the concert in Seattle with our local radio station. For this we need your help as much as possible.
    Can you vote for us to be the winner at

http://www.rockland.fm/start.php?uservoting

just click for Nadja and Thorsten and see our marry proposal on the vinyl as love letters.

Till saturday morning in Germany the winner will be announced in the radio. So long we need much much more votings to have a chance!!!

I have no Idea how to contact as many fans as possible.

So if you all can please send this to more fans, because they know how great this wiuld be to meet Pearl Jam.

Please vote for the two of us as often as you have the time for (you can vote ever and ever again)
    thank you so much for this support,
    Nadja

OT post of the year...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    georgec7 wrote:
    Hi - this is my first post - hope it's helpful. I've lost count of the emails I've sent re non delivery here in the UK, so I thought I'd phone them. The bloke on the end of the phone couldn't have been more helpful and said he'd ship a replacement today. The number is (800) 724 8038 - have to wait and see if it arrives!

Thanks for posting the number. I'm in Tokyo and still waiting. I think I pre-ordered in July, but just bought it on Amazon Japan - hope it's not defective. Boy, between PJ20, not having enough Ten Club tickets for members, making Sevens available only to flippers who monitor their messages on a regular basis and order immediately, and this Lighting Bolt vinyl fiasco. . . . . . . I must say, Ten Club doesn't seem to be the most fan-friendly fan club.
  • Options
    Im in PA. Still have not received anything. Nothing. Nov. 20? hopefully its on the way. This whole thing is understandable, stuff happens. But I cant believe the lack of communication. Its stunning. I just want to know whats going on. I know some people have got a quick response. I cant seem to get one....except "my question will be answered in the order it was received"
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Shaun G wrote:
    Also no original for this Torontonian. I wonder what will come first, my LP or a response from my email to the ten club...

Nothing here in Cambridge either. was wondering how long to wait before emailing 10C to inquire about lost shipment. Or if the vinyl is on back order?
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    my replacement copy arrived at Warsaw, Poland just now.
    what an odyssey!
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    Anyone else have to get their replacement replaced? Lori at UMG is amazingly responsive and incredibly accommodating! The 10c could learn a thing or two from her customer service skills.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    Anyone else have to get their replacement replaced? Lori at UMG is amazingly responsive and incredibly accommodating! The 10c could learn a thing or two from her customer service skills.

She's the one that got back to me last Wednesday when I emailed them a second time. Replacement was then on my doorstep Monday. Luckily I didn't have to get my replacement replaced, but they just forgot it the first time.
  • Options
    Dan0zDan0z Posts: 10
    Nami wrote:
    Shaun G wrote:

Nothing here in Cambridge either. was wondering how long to wait before emailing 10C to inquire about lost shipment. Or if the vinyl is on back order?

Nothing here in Melbourne Aus either. I just sent my first email to 10c asking "nicely" what is going on. I don't know if they can track the album from their end because I get no information when I try to track it on the Mail Innovations website. This is so damn frustrating!!!
  • Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    just emailed for a replacement of a replacement.

i felt bad doing it.. not sure why, its a faulty product.. but i now have two damaged Vinyl.. and by the time i get a third (hopefully final) LP, the amount of waste and resources that went into getting me a single good playing record, seems awfully high.

i think i also feel bad for Francene, who seems to be dealing with all of this.

i still have not received my replacement sleeve, so hopefully i just get sent a new package.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    MT132914MT132914 Posts: 188
    hopefully third time lucky for you.
    Meanwhile I'm yet to receive the orignal order in Toronto.