Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    pdalowsky wrote:
    guypjfreak wrote:
    nothing yet did you have to sign for it ?? cos im getting worried ive missed the postman but nothing has been put through my door ..agggg

mine arrived without needing a signature.....

cheers ive got a good postman but had a feeling id missed him lol just have to wait .what gets me annoyed is you cant trace your order so i cant even find out if its even on its way agggg
  • Options
    F15akF15ak Posts: 4
    guypjfreak wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    guypjfreak wrote:
    nothing yet did you have to sign for it ?? cos im getting worried ive missed the postman but nothing has been put through my door ..agggg

mine arrived without needing a signature.....

cheers ive got a good postman but had a feeling id missed him lol just have to wait .what gets me annoyed is you cant trace your order so i cant even find out if its even on its way agggg

Do they even reply to your email to let you know they put you on the eternal waiting list?
  • Options
    Late to the party/outta the game for a while...someone help me. How can I get my hands on a Lightning Bolt LP?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    F15ak wrote:
    Do they even reply to your email to let you know they put you on the eternal waiting list?

They replied to my first e-mail in 24 hours saying they are sorry for the inconvenience and they would ship one out when they had stock (this was the 14th) and then it arrived sometime before the 26th without any other notice from them that they had sent it out.
  • Options
    Anyone? I missed the 10c sale and they're all gone now. What are my options?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Was still waiting for my pre-order mid-nov (MTL, Canada) so I contacted the 10C. They said they would ship a another one. Received it this week. Only one vinyl, defective (skips, pops, glue on it), and damaged jacket (vinyl went through it :shock: ).

I don't understand why they did not re-ship with a second vinyl in the package? Now I have to contact UM and ask for a replacement.

I am disappointed with how this was handle.
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,583
    yes, yes, yes. they're here. 2 beautiful REDS. That was really long waiting but, 10 Club, I accept your apologies. Thank you very much.
  • Options
    mine arrived without needing a signature.....[/quote]

cheers ive got a good postman but had a feeling id missed him lol just have to wait .what gets me annoyed is you cant trace your order so i cant even find out if its even on its way agggg[/quote]

Do they even reply to your email to let you know they put you on the eternal waiting list?[/quote]

no they dont all i get back from 10club is it is shipped !! emailed about 10 times lol :fp:
  • Options
    Emailed them, and they wanted a picture of the vinyl.

Will have to wait untill Christmas, cux it's home at my mothers place and won't go there till Christmas.

But fast response at least
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I received a new vinyl but the cover was ripped on top real bad like someone took a box cutter to it. They said they would send me a new cover but now they ignore my emails. Fucking sad I tell you. 10c better not ever use these horrible excuse for company
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    jbrowniejbrownie Posts: 135
    Well, there's a lot of bitterness in this thread. Understandable. I just wish _I_ knew where _I_ stood in this line, because it really appears the people outside the US are now getting 1st priority on replacements.

LISTEN, HEAR ME OUT!!! It seems like UK, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, etc.....you guys always seem to get the shit end of the deal. Shipping, customs, whatever...for a flawed product? Yup, I'd be mad too! Let's get you all sorted 1st.

It'd be nice to know that's what UMG is doing; doing right by the people who waited the longest. I'll gladly let the overseas people go first for their original (&/or replacement) because it took 62 years to get there.

But it's been a month for me in New England & I'd've thought fixing a bad pressing would've taken precedent over pressing of other albums by other artists. I'd've thought new black n red wax would be pouring out of that warehouse by now.

Chalking it up to the holidays, but still would be nice to know where we stand.
  • Options
    Ok sorry if its been said before as there's a lot to go through here , but will the red version be available on here specifically? Or was it just to random orders?? So jealous of the people from Seattle that could go to the pop up stand.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552
    Ok sorry if its been said before as there's a lot to go through here , but will the red version be available on here specifically? Or was it just to random orders?? So jealous of the people from Seattle that could go to the pop up stand.
    The reds are just random. You don't know if you got one u til you open it.
    I am wondering if the vinyl will ever be for sale again through 10c though.... What's going to happen with the future market for this album?? How will this whole thing affect secondary sales down the road?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ohh ok. Well I'm hoping either pj puts some up on here or someone nice could sell it to me for a fair price.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    The needle falls off the record before it catches the first grooves. This is happening on the replacement they sent along with the original. It's like the grooves start too far in. Anybody else have this problem?
  • Options
    message from 10club ..........your order has been refunded ???
    your returned by courier ???

:corn:
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Your weight on the arm might be too light. Stick a small coin on the head above needle. This works for skipping vinyls
    :o

Or adjust the tracking force/counterweight instead, maybe?
  • Options
    jtr101jtr101 Posts: 260
    bazzer wrote:
    Your weight on the arm might be too light. Stick a small coin on the head above needle. This works for skipping vinyls
    :o

Or adjust the tracking force/counterweight instead, maybe?

Yeah... adjusting the tracking force would be the way to go here...
    Enjoy difference. Without it we're all boring!

• Options
    Pre-Ordered LB Vinyl as soon as it went on sale
    Received damaged copy almost 2 weeks after release date
    Sent email to UMG as directed by 10C - no response for 6 weeks
    Contacted 10C again and received replacement (Vinyl only) this week (12/9)
    Still haven't heard anything about getting the replacement packaging.

Of course the reason for ordering was to listen to the music, not to have a mint condition collectible... BUT, if I buy and album in July and still don't have exactly what I ordered 2 months after in store release it can be a little frustrating. The real losers here will be the guys who bought these strictly for the resale value!

With first pressings, replacement vinyl only pressings, and replacement full package pressings, AND so many double replacements (both RED and black), they are essentially flooding the market and driving the secondary market price down to the point that if you want a copy of this next year there will be plenty of them floating around!
    Escape is never the safest path....

Atlanta 9.1.98
    Dallas 11.15.13
    Ft. Worth 9.15.23
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    Replacement copy arrived from UMG. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    Just got my replacement from UMG. Although would have preferred a red vinyl replacement for the trouble we were put through. Of course, thought preordering 2 LP's in July would mean I would be a rewarded 10C member with something unique like red vinyl too. Oh well, at least it's a kick ass album and was a phenomenal tour.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    F15akF15ak Posts: 4
    F15ak wrote:
    I found two Vinyls at Target yesterday. Both skipped in spots...
    New to the forum...

Are they still replacing the trashed pressings or am I screwed?

Thx

Posted that 5 Dec. Sent pic of receipt that day or the next.
    Just got two replacement vinyls.

Can't complain about that turn around time at all. :D
  • Options
    Hey all,

Been playing my copies & have a query ----
    The original plays Ok, a few cracks & pops that are quite noticable .
    The replacement (came in the same package) is better, not perfect though

Both copies have the same matrix no. - B00 18983-01 with a circled U & roman numeral 2 further round, so I presume these are second pressing, after the really bad ones had been stopped.

My real problem is volume - both these need to be cranked to be heard - ie volume knob at nearly 12 o'clock to match the level of another record with knob at 9 o'clock. - that's a fair bit of extra wattage!!!

Is it worth pursuing UMG for another replacement, or do I just put up with it???
  • Options
    I have finally received my vinyle 6 months before I pay it, with no excuse, 10c you makes me laugh for sure
  • Options
    I'm sorry guys, I see you complaining about replacement vinyls and everything, and you're absolutely entitled to, but please keep in mind that some of us (like me in The Netherlands) have STILL NO VINYLS… :cry::cry::cry:

Hs there been any sign/reaction that the band is aware of this fiasco, or did I miss something?
    Rotterdam (NL) - Jul 03, 2000 (cancelled) - Irvine (US) - Jun 02, 2003 / San Diego (US) - Jun 05, 2003 / Arnhem (NL) - Aug 29, 2006 / Antwerp (BE)- Aug 30, 2006 / Paris (FR)- Sep 11, 2006 / Pistoia (IT) - Sep 20, 2006 / London (UK) - Jun 18, 2007 / Nijmegen (NL) - Jun 28, 2007 / Rotterdam (NL) - Aug 13, 2009 / Berlin (DE)- Aug 15, 2009 - June 22, 2010 / Dublin (IR) - July 4, 2010 / Rock Werchter (BE)
  • Options
    AJMAJM Posts: 26
    woutermahu wrote:
    I'm sorry guys, I see you complaining about replacement vinyls and everything, and you're absolutely entitled to, but please keep in mind that some of us (like me in The Netherlands) have STILL NO VINYLS… :cry::cry::cry:

Hs there been any sign/reaction that the band is aware of this fiasco, or did I miss something?

Same here:( still nothing in the Netherlands. I thought maybe nice for under the Christmas tree but I think The vinyl will not be showing up this year. 10c just send's a reply with a default automated message.
  • Options
    anyone heard back from Fischer in a while? I was trying to follow up with them about getting my seasled replaced from a couple months ago and they havent responded in 2-3 weeks :/
  • Options
    Sorry for not reading all 57 pages, but has anyone received their Sevens?

A friend told me that the shipping e-mail I got was sent by error. Just wondering why it has not arrived yet as shipments are not normally that slow.
    Copenhagen 2007 / Copenhagen 2012 / Amsterdam 1 2014.
  • Options
    Sorry for not reading all 57 pages, but has anyone received their Sevens?

A friend told me that the shipping e-mail I got was sent by error. Just wondering why it has not arrived yet as shipments are not normally that slow.

it has not shipped and probably wont until January or February. They are still in production...