Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    Anyone else in Canada not received their pre-ordered fan club vinyl?
  • Options
    Ordered on July 11th, I am still waiting for it. The whole world got the new album, but fans who are paying fees didn't have it yet. Great job (I am living in Switzerland)

I notice that 10C quickly sell other stuff, really ? You love money more than art ?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Tomorrow is two weeks since UMG emailed me saying they'd send a replacement. Still don't have it.
  • Options
    Tomorrow is two weeks since UMG emailed me saying they'd send a replacement. Still don't have it.
    i emalied them same day as you and got it today, so far so good i m up to track 4 so far it plays fine. Im in Australia yours should be to far away
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Are they replacing the busted album covers? I mean, 1/4 cut would be one thing. This thing has like a 3" tear.
    this is also something i want answered, i stated my cover was damaged in the email i sent. I received my replacement vinyl today with no cover
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Are they replacing the busted album covers? I mean, 1/4 cut would be one thing. This thing has like a 3" tear.
    this is also something i want answered, i stated my cover was damaged in the email i sent. I received my replacement vinyl today with no cover
    I believe you have to e-mail 10c about the vinyl covers. If both things are faulty it's one e-mail to the vinyl people re the record & one e-mail to 10c re the cover.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I believe you have to e-mail 10c about the vinyl covers. If both things are faulty it's one e-mail to the vinyl people re the record & one e-mail to 10c re the cover.
    thanks i just emailed 10c as well as the customer service people dealing with the replacement, so ill see where that gets me. I shouldnt be to concerned when some of you dont even have your first copy.
  • Options
    Still no pre-order Vinyl here in Galway Ireland....say it on sale in town yesterday and was very tempted..
  • Options
    Anyone else in Canada not received their pre-ordered fan club vinyl?

I live in Edmonton, AB. Still no original but that might be a good thing IF they called the shipment back and are sending out a quality product....IF :fp: . If not, I just hope it comes before the end of the month (Nov) so I can spin that shit prior to going to Cowtown and Van to see them.
  • Options
    galwaydave wrote:
    Still no pre-order Vinyl here in Galway Ireland....say it on sale in town yesterday and was very tempted..

Same here, saw one yesterday, but could not resist the temptation and bought it. 8-)

Pristine album cover, not the repress (according to the matrix#) and have some visible lines across the surface on each side streching from one side to the other about 15 cm long... Haven't had the chance to spin it yet.

Anyone know if there is a EU pressing of the album? Or are all album pressed at the same company?
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    There is definitely a different Lp. I have both and the sleeves are slightly different. Not opened up the one I got in the EU yet to find out the matrix and if it was done at URP. if someone has the EU one opened, i'd be interested to know. On another note, my replacement arrived in the uk today.
  • Options
    FR181798 wrote:
    There is definitely a different Lp. I have both and the sleeves are slightly different. Not opened up the one I got in the EU yet to find out the matrix and if it was done at URP. if someone has the EU one opened, i'd be interested to know. On another note, my replacement arrived in the uk today.

How long did the replacement take to arrive in the UK?
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    I hope everybody who hasn't received their vinyl yet does not have to go through this debacle of the vinyl being of poor quality. I've been out of town for the last few weeks and haven't been able to play the replacement vinyl until today. Put it on, and twenty seconds into it it's already skipping and popping. I am growing frustrated over this whole thing. I've never had a problem of this nature with any vinyl I've ever purchased until now. I just want one that is in good shape and plays without at least skipping.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    morello wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

I emailed the vinyl manufacturer because my cover had a large tear along the inner seam and the sleeve was torn as well. Also, my vinyl popped like hell only on Pendulum. They told me to email them pictures of the damaged cover and sleeve. I emailed them a few weeks ago, but havent heard anything back. I assume they take care of both though, since they asked for pictures.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    I got an email back from 10c saying they have processed my refund as I still haven't got the Vinyl.
    Fingers crossed it will turn up tomorrow lol.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,029
    Just sent <!-- e --><a href="mailto:fisherscustsvc@umusic.com">fisherscustsvc@umusic.com</a><!-- e --> an email about my defected vinyl. :(
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Just sent <!-- e --><a href="mailto:fisherscustsvc@umusic.com">fisherscustsvc@umusic.com</a><!-- e --> an email about my defected vinyl. :(

Just received word from UMG.

"Sorry your received another defective vinyl. We are currently out of stock. Once more stock arrives I have will a replacement shipped to you."

Ugh! I just want to send everything I have back and just order this box set if it were still available.
  • Options
    nomarnomar Posts: 65
    Fail of the day:

I checked to see where my replacement vinyl is, as I should have received it already. Here was the response:
    I show you received a package on 11/01/13 at 11:15 am via UPS. I also show that we shipped you the wrong product. Please confirm you have this Eminem product and I will send you a call tag to return. I will reship you the Pearl Jam vinyl once we have stock on hand...It could be several weeks until we have more replacement product.

Wow. I was trying to figure out where this random Eminem CD came from. Now I know. Of course, they want it back right way, but my vinyl won't arrive for "several weeks."
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    FR181798 wrote:

How long did the replacement take to arrive in the UK?
    Five working days. 7 if you count the weekend.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    nomar wrote:
    Fail of the day:

I checked to see where my replacement vinyl is, as I should have received it already. Here was the response:
    I show you received a package on 11/01/13 at 11:15 am via UPS. I also show that we shipped you the wrong product. Please confirm you have this Eminem product and I will send you a call tag to return. I will reship you the Pearl Jam vinyl once we have stock on hand...It could be several weeks until we have more replacement product.

Wow. I was trying to figure out where this random Eminem CD came from. Now I know. Of course, they want it back right way, but my vinyl won't arrive for "several weeks."

I'd send them a reply back stating that you'll send the Eminem cd back as soon as you get your vinyl and a postage paid envelope and "suck it".
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    demetrios wrote:

"Sorry your received another defective vinyl. We are currently out of stock. Once more stock arrives I have will a replacement shipped to you."

Ugh! I just want to send everything I have back and just order this box set if it were still available.

How long did it take to get a response from them? I'm pushing a week and haven't heard a word.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    nomar wrote:
    Fail of the day:

I'd send them a reply back stating that you'll send the Eminem cd back as soon as you get your vinyl and a postage paid envelope and "suck it".

No kidding, I wouldn't send that CD back for shit. Go find somebody that likes Eminem and just give it to them.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,029
    lotsalemon wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

How long did it take to get a response from them? I'm pushing a week and haven't heard a word.

What's this now? They are currently out of stock, of the replacements vinyls?
    Haven't received an email back about your replacement in almost a week?

:shock:

D'oh! I just sent them a snapshot photo of my order here @ the 10club store. And info about the crackle & pop sounds. I understand they wouldn't check their emails during the long weekend. Hopefully they will check back with us soon on these.
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,372
    I know there were previous questions about UMG response times, and if just albums were being replaced or albums + covers. Like someone else mentioned, I also have had very pleasant responses from Lori at UMG. I had originally emailed her with pics of the record and sleeve damage (my record arrived poking out of the outer poly wrap, 3" rips in the sleeves, same popping issues), received a kind response, now it's been 11 days so I decided to check in. Here was her response today:

"We have just received stock on the complete (Vinyl and cover) and are starting to ship as the orders came in now. At first we were shipping just replacement vinyl only. You should see yours in the next few weeks.

Thank you for your patience"

So while this has taken a while, I'm pumped that they're replacing both vinyl and cover! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences so many have gone through - hang in there, they'll make it right.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

What's this now? They are currently out of stock, of the replacements vinyls?
    Haven't received an email back about your replacement in almost a week?

:shock:

D'oh! I just sent them a snapshot photo of my order here @ the 10club store. And info about the crackle & pop sounds. I understand they wouldn't check their emails during the long weekend. Hopefully they will check back with us soon on these.

Yeah.....I'm pretty bummed. Like everybody else, all I've wanted is a vinyl that plays without issue, and now I'm kicking myself for not buying "Sevens" as it is becoming more apparent that getting a LB vinyl that plays decently will most likely not happen until after everybody else get their box sets.

It just sucks. This whole thing sucks. I've never been more frustrated and disappointed with anything involving this band or fan club, and I've seen my fair share of disappointment around here. I appreciate their quick response to the problem, and I appreciate that they are doing what they can to resolve the issues. It's just beginning to feel like a slap in the face that they release this box set when they haven't even resolved the issues with their regular release.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    I emailed UMG on 10/25. They replied on 10/28. It's now 11/11 and I still don't have a replacement. In that time, people have gotten 2 replacements (for a total of 3 LB vinyls), people that emailed after me have gotten replacements, and people overseas have gotten replacements.

I see SoundStageDirect is now taking "pre-orders" for Lightning Bolt vinyl again...
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    I emailed them yesterday and got this reply today

We have received your E-Mail and apologize for the inconvenience. A replacement vinyl will ship when we have available stock.

Thank you for your patience
    UMG Customer Service

Anyone already had that reply but still received their replacement?
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    nomar wrote:
    Fail of the day:

Haha, Eminem? The ultimate slap in the face!!
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    I emailed Ten again last night to complain about not receiving the original and they replied saying they had processed a refund for me..
    Pop into work this morning and there it is lol It looks perfect , no marks of any kind that I can see , Fingers crossed it's from the new batch. Came with some stupid stickers too :roll:
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Bennyorr4 wrote:
    I live in Edmonton, AB. Still no original but that might be a good thing IF they called the shipment back and are sending out a quality product....IF :fp: . If not, I just hope it comes before the end of the month (Nov) so I can spin that shit prior to going to Cowtown and Van to see them.

I wish the same thing since I haven't received my first copy in Buenos Aires yet, therefore I only emailed 10C regarding the shipping issue. If I don't get a reply by the end of the week, I will contact UMG about the same issue.
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...