Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    sent them an e-mail early last week letting them know that my replacement is STILL unplayable. scratch on side A causing severe skippage.

no response as of yet, just shot them another e-mail asking for an update.

:fp:

what a debacle this has been. has 10C even apologized? taken an ounce of responsibility? if the manufacturer is unable to replace my replacement, it will be time to seek a refund through 10C.
  • Options
    I emailed them on the 31st and received my replacement today. I haven't gotten a chance to test it out yet.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • Options
    GP179117GP179117 Posts: 362
    I emailed them about the vinyl skipping and some popping/clicking noises.

They got back to me and asked me to send them pictures. How the fuck do you take a picture of sound?????
    Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • Options
    Check mine last night and its pretty bad, do you have to send the defected vinyl to them first?
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    dirtybo0ts wrote:
    cosmik wrote:
    I ordered mine and Tenclub sent me this. Still haven't even received my first copy and I live in Florida. Anyone else get an email like this?

hi,
    due to the manufacturing issue with the first pressing on Lightning Bolt, your order is being held until we can get a new shipment of vinyl.
    sorry for the delay.
    10c

I've received no communication from them, other than the e-mail weeks ago to say it shipped. :fp:

I have a feeling my original copy has disappeared...
    Somebody on the forums (I believe Canadian) posted a 10c reply saying that some orders were being held back until the new pressings are avaialble... that may be the case with several people who are still waiting for the initial shipment.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    Check mine last night and its pretty bad, do you have to send the defected vinyl to them first?
    Directions are posted...
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    Got my replacement today. Looks better than the other, the other one had weird striping on Pendulum. That is why it cracks alot. Hope this one plays better.
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    doesnt seem to have reached us in UK yet .........they best have enough replacements for us :lol:
  • Options
    Mine actually showed up today. Several issues with it:

The record sleeve is torn, there are what appears to be hand or finger print smudges over both sides of the vinyl, and there are several pops and audio issues with playback. I can handle a few pops since that's what you expect with vinyl, but this copy has low audio quality - really disappointed with the company that produced these.

Have sent e-mail and proof of purchase from PearlJam.com for a replacement. Let's hope the replacement arrived faster than the original.
  • Options
    sgtppr67sgtppr67 Posts: 241
    So i emailed them on the 23rd requesting a replacement copy, and got no reply by the 26th. I read on here that most people were getting a reply from universal, so i forwarded my message to them again. I got the standard reply on the 28th that one was coming next week, then got another message saying the same thing on the 29th. It was waiting for me when i got home that night.

They sent me a second replacement copy this week :o
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    JWPearl wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Got my replacement today.

Skips? Gone
    Pops? Gone
    Static/Crackle? NOT Gone - Not terribly noticeable on the louder songs, very audible on the quiet songs.

I cleaned the record first, used gruv glide removing static, it still sounds static-y though.

I would have complained if this was the quality of first copy I received, though I probably would not have demanded a replacement. :?
    Oh well, still much much better than the original.
    :fp: If I can hear static on the replacements, I'm going to ask for a full refund.
    I feel for you.I hope you don't lose your love for the Pearl Jam because of all of this.
    No no, never! Hasn't even occurred to me to lay blame with Pearl Jam.... I am definitely building a strong dislike for this pressing company though! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    So, not only are people getting their 2nd replacement (i.e. 3rd copy) already... people that emailed UMG 6 days after I did have received their replacement. Lovely.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,874
    got my replacements today, in a plain black sleeve with a white paper/plastic inner sleeve. Have not played it yet, but it looks visually better. Will post if sound is better when I get a chance

took about a week and a half to process and get to me. I live close to the place, so shipping time was short for me.
  • Options
    I've totally lost my interest in the actual vinyl showing up at this point. No doubt it will be faulty and I'll have to play the international mail waiting game for a replacement to then show up.

Meh to the whole thing. Meh to the 10C. Now I don't believe in nothing. I'm going to law school.
    Terrible bonus digital content for fan club members? That's a paddlin'
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    Received my replacement today. Same black outer as the others, and was impressed at the actual plastic lined anti-static inner sleeve.

Visual inspection was much better. Looked like it should have the first time.

Barely audible surface noise, but nothing to bitch about. Not as dead quiet as I would like, but I'm a picky asshole.

SQ not as great as I would like...feels compressed and brickwalled. Audio actually sounds better on the flac, and that is coming from a vinyl guy.

Am I happy...yes. When I compare this to something like the Mad Season re-issue, though it's not even close. I guess I don't understand why PJ doesn't employ someone who knows what they are doing to master their albums.

Anyway...even though my original jacket has one smashed corner, the artwork is pretty freaking awesome. Very unique and authentic feeling, and now that I have an acceptable vinyl, my blood pressure is down again.

Let the record play....
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    Dan0zDan0z Posts: 10
    This is super depressing... I haven't even received the original yet!!!! Any other Aussies still waiting??
  • Options
    I got the replacement vinyl, in a plain black wrapper. It had a couple of pops, but overall much better quality, really THICK record.

However, I then realized that the lyrics booklet from the original package was faulty.. several pages were completely blank, like a whole side of the press failed to print. I contacted UMG, sent them a couple of photos, and they said they'd send me a replacement book.

anyone else have a faulty book?
    10/28/2000 San Bernardino (11th row, thanx TenClub!)
    6/2/2003 Irvine
    11/7/2006 Sydney
    7/2008 VH1 Honors
    9/30/2009 Los Angeles
    10/7/2009 Los Angeles
    9/25/2011 Vancouver
    6/21/2012 Manchester
    7/19/2013 Wrigley Field
    11/23/2013 Los Angeles
    10/25/2014 Bridge School Benefit
    4/16/2016 Greenville SC
    4/18/2016 Hampton VA
    4/20/2016 Raleigh
    4/21/2016 Columbia SC
    5/5/2016 Quebec City
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,743
    guypjfreak wrote:
    doesnt seem to have reached us in UK yet .........they best have enough replacements for us :lol:

some have dude,

some landed mid last week but not a sniff since....

I hope they get to us soon.....the waiting drove us mad
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,367
    My replacement arrived without issue. I'm not going to get a chance to spin it until this weekend. I'm hoping that it's of much better quality.
  • Options
    Is the vinyl not even for sale now??...
  • Options
    starpwer wrote:

think tenc are awaiting a new batch
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    starpwer wrote:

think tenc are awaiting a new batch

It's just weird. It's not in the shop on this site at all. It was on Amazon a few days ago as not being in stock but still up to order, and I saved it in my shopping cart. Today it was removed from my cart as being "no longer available from seller"...
  • Options
    yeah, can only suspect its to do with the manufacturing issues,

or perhaps its a limited press....

we'll know soon I guess
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    yeah, can only suspect its to do with the manufacturing issues,

or perhaps its a limited press....

we'll know soon I guess

:fp:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    sfearll wrote:
    I got the replacement vinyl, in a plain black wrapper. It had a couple of pops, but overall much better quality, really THICK record.

However, I then realized that the lyrics booklet from the original package was faulty.. several pages were completely blank, like a whole side of the press failed to print. I contacted UMG, sent them a couple of photos, and they said they'd send me a replacement book.

anyone else have a faulty book?
    :shock: I haven't seen anyone say that about the book yet..... Wow, the problems just keep coming!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    CappoCappo Posts: 71
    Dan0z wrote:
    This is super depressing... I haven't even received the original yet!!!! Any other Aussies still waiting??

I'm in the same boat, I ordered it about half an hour after the presale started on the 12th of July. Got shipping email on the 10th of October and still nothing. This is probably the longest it has taken for a package from 10C to arrive. Usually its around 2 weeks give or take a few days but this is getting ridiculous.
  • Options
    Hi,

Mine is still in the warehouse, I ordered it on 13th Oct

When will it be shipped
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,211
    The record shop my boyfriend works in now has LB on vinyl & I still don't have my, possibly faulty, copy from 10c. What a fucking joke. :evil:
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    PrimalPrimal Posts: 41
    morello wrote:
    The record shop my boyfriend works in now has LB on vinyl & I still don't have my, possibly faulty, copy from 10c. What a fucking joke. :evil:
    I was going to be heading into town during my lunch break to check this one out for myself. This sucks!
  • Options
    Not sure if this was mentioned yet. Has anyone tried cleaning the lp with a good record cleaner like Mobile Fidelity before playing it. Both new & used vinyl has to be cleaned for best results.