Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    Not sure if this was mentioned yet. Has anyone tried cleaning the lp with a good record cleaner like Mobile Fidelity before playing it. Both new & used vinyl has to be cleaned for best results.
    A lot of people have said they cleaned them and still had probs.
    But also, I have never once bought a brand new record that had issues like people are reporting, and I don't usually clean new records before playing them unless they have a lot of particles from the inner sleeve. Every new album I've ever owned had zero static, pops, crackling, etc. I expect new vinyl to sound basically perfect just from past experience.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ROSELLAROSELLA Lima, Peru Posts: 23
    at least you have you vinyl...im still waiting for my copy to come and 10c doesnt answer my emails...im really pissed...
  • Options
    ROSELLA wrote:
    at least you have you vinyl...im still waiting for my copy to come and 10c doesnt answer my emails...im really pissed...
    Oh, I don't have my vinyl yet either. i live a three hour drive from the warehouse. :lol: I'm just going off of everyone else's reports.
    Hey 10c, how about setting up a pick up option?? :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    theJawastheJawas Posts: 395
    Got my replacement today, plays beautifully, thanks UMD/Ten Club!
  • Options
    Still have not received LB in Australia so I sent an email saying my copy was damaged and six days later got a replacement - just the vinyl - this shits me that I had to tell a bullshit story and got the album in less than a week but the original that I paid for four months earlier still hasn't got here. Good guys tend to run last.
  • Options
    TB180644 wrote:
    Still have not received LB in Australia so I sent an email saying my copy was damaged and six days later got a replacement - just the vinyl - this shits me that I had to tell a bullshit story and got the album in less than a week but the original that I paid for four months earlier still hasn't got here. Good guys tend to run last.

For real??
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    I just did the same thing...Emailed saying my copy was damaged and they replied quickly stating they'd send a copy this week. Still waiting on my original copy to turn up.

Can't believe I'm having to do that.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Replacement arrived today. Only took a week from US to UK. Mightily impressed.

Just spinning it now, on the original I got pops on MYM & MFS and a skip on MFS. So far no problems with the replacement.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-kKX3_5fGU

good use for the damaged vinyl.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    mikerl wrote:

I am not sure I have a use for a bowl with a hole in the bottom of it. ;):lol:
  • Options
    theJawastheJawas Posts: 395
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    mikerl wrote:

I am not sure I have a use for a bowl with a hole in the bottom of it. ;):lol:

Great point. Saw a tutorial on making a notebook cover out of it, but I'm scared i'd cut myself everytime I touch it.If anyone here wants my first Lightning Bolt (Getaway and Pendulum skip, it possibly broke my player's needle), PM me.
  • Options
    Received my 'Lightning Bolt' replacement LP today. Will post impressions of same later this evening.
    8-)
  • Options
    Received my replacement just now. Just opened it --- SUPER Excited.

Fast forward 20 seconds:
    Too bad I cant post pics on here..... I cant believe this album came so creatively in TWO PIECES.

Yup. Smashed right down the center.... ironically, looking like a lightning bolt struck it with the edges all sharp!
    Wooo hoooo 0 for 2.

NOW WHAT TEN CLUB???
  • Options
    PJ@Chicago wrote:
    Received my replacement just now. Just opened it --- SUPER Excited.

Fast forward 20 seconds:
    Too bad I cant post pics on here..... I cant believe this album came so creatively in TWO PIECES.

Yup. Smashed right down the center.... ironically, looking like a lightning bolt struck it with the edges all sharp!
    Wooo hoooo 0 for 2.

NOW WHAT TEN CLUB???
    Brutal. Just email UMH again and tell them you need another. They're handing them out like candy.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I got my CD today, at last, still waiting for the vinyl, just sent an email to the 10C to check what's going on, what to do. At least, most of you got your replacement copies already, I haven't received not even the damaged one... will I ever?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,259
    This is pretty ridiculous people have had replacements for weeks and still havent got first copy. Live 3 hours away what a joke.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    My replacement LP of 'Lightning Bolt' is flawless. A nice heavyweight pressing with a great punchy mix, open & spacious, with great stereo separation. A+.
    Deadwax info:
    Side A: BOO 18983-01-A Ucircled II FOR THE LEAGUE OF CRAFTY FULMINOLOGISTS GOLDEN
    Side B: BOO 18983-01-B Ucircled II SURF IS WHERE YOU FIND IT - GERRY LOPEZ GOLDEN
    8-)
  • Options
    Horse2345 wrote:
    This is pretty ridiculous people have had replacements for weeks and still havent got first copy. Live 3 hours away what a joke.

I hear that, I have emailed ten club three times asking for an ETA and no flipping response. What the hell man!
  • Options
    jtr101jtr101 Posts: 270
    Just received mine in Newfoundland, should i just send an email asking for a replacement...haha... i won' tbe home until wednseday to inspect it.
    Enjoy difference. Without it we're all boring!

• Options
    Fuck this. I finally emailed for a replacement even though I haven't received the original. I resisted for a while because it kind of felt wrong, but the more time that passed without the album the more right it felt. :lol:
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Fuck this. I finally emailed for a replacement even though I haven't received the original. I resisted for a while because it kind of felt wrong, but the more time that passed without the album the more right it felt. :lol:

Good thing you told everyone how stupid you are.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,259
    kramer73 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Good thing you told everyone how stupid you are.

Grow up buddy.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Yeah, a little dirty that people are ordering their replacements before they check their originals, though I understand the frustration with the ridiculously shitty shipping method.
  • Options
    kramer73 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Good thing you told everyone how frustrated you are.
    Fixed. :P

(funny how I was probably the fourth person to say this and people only just noticed!)
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,735
    How long have the email replies from UMG been taking lately? I emailed them beginning of last week and haven't heard back yet.

I'm assuming they are getting exponentially busy with this as the weeks go by but like most I'm getting impatient :|
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    lotsalemon wrote:
    How long have the email replies from UMG been taking lately? I emailed them beginning of last week and haven't heard back yet.

I'm assuming they are getting exponentially busy with this as the weeks go by but like most I'm getting impatient :|

I had a very pleasant back-and-and forth exchange with Lori Friday morning. She's very cool and personable and accommodating. Unlike a certain fan club that makes it seem like they're doing me a favor by taking my money. I spoke to a rude SOB from 10c who was "very busy" and took it out on me. It's been more than 2 weeks since I emailed aforementioned fan club about replacement jackets and sleeves and they still haven't replied. Unlike a nice woman from UMG who is equally as busy as the fan club and had the time to nicely exchange 4-5 emails with me in a matter of an hour. I hope someone from 10c is reading this so they can send their people to customer service training.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    Pre-ordered through amazon.ca and have not received the album, damaged or not. Has anyone got anything from Amazon.ca? If I don't get the album through them is it going to be difficult to find one after the dust has settled, were they limited in production?
  • Options
    TinAnt wrote:
    Pre-ordered through amazon.ca and have not received the album, damaged or not. Has anyone got anything from Amazon.ca? If I don't get the album through them is it going to be difficult to find one after the dust has settled, were they limited in production?
    they weren't limited - they just pulled the first pressing because they were faulty. i'm pretty sure I saw that Amazon had posted a new availability date of November 15th for the new pressing, so you can expect them to ship it after that date.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,211
    I leave for the US in 10 days. It'll be really, really extra fucking annoying if my vinyl isn't goddam here by then. Others in Auckland have received theirs so mine mustn't be far away but still & thennnnnn that it's probably faulty! Can't I pick my replacement up while I'm in the US!?!?!? If only.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Are they replacing the busted album covers? I mean, 1/4 cut would be one thing. This thing has like a 3" tear.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10