Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    SheepySheepy Posts: 16
    edited November 2013
    Only received my original copy in the UK yesterday. However, I got a red copy! Amazing. Artwork perfect, came with sticker sheet, lyric book, one download coupon (I'm assuming thats standard for all copies), and also got a 'Lightning Bolt' postcard separately in the postal package.

However, having played it once, intrigued if the red ones have the same problems; there are no skips, but there are pops all over side 2 and in parts of side 1, and some hissing, despite no visible problems.

Have emailed about a replacement, but I am assuming I will only be able to get a black vinyl replacement. Will keep you posted.

Is there any word on how many copies of the red vinyl there are?
    Post edited by Sheepy on
  • Options
    Sent all my information to get a replacement and did get an email reply but so far no replacement
    We'll see how good the replacement is......my fngers are crossed!

Good luck to everyone as well.......
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    So if I order my replacement it'll probably come before my original vinyl order. Getting a little ridiculous.
    How can you order your replacement if you haven't received your original? How would you know if it were faulty?
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    bazzer wrote:
    So if I order my replacement it'll probably come before my original vinyl order. Getting a little ridiculous.
    How can you order your replacement if you haven't received your original? How would you know if it were faulty?
    I guess he is assuming that given the high percentage of faulty vinyls the one that he'll receive will not spin as it should...imho a fair assumption :)
  • Options
    I sent my email for a replacement the day it was posted, got an email saying it would be mailed early last week, I emailed back and asked for a tracking number and have heard nothing. How did people get a tracking number? Was it emailed after shipping or requested? I'm hoping my replacement comes this week!
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,675
    my replacement vinyl sounds fantastic. so glad this problem got resolved.
  • Options
    Sinnamin_GrrlSinnamin_Grrl Charlotte, NC Posts: 68
    I still don't have the F****** album.

I would have paid more for shipping if I knew I'd be waiting a damn month. So sick of 10c...
    Chicago, IL Aug 20'16
    Columbia, SC Apr 21'16
    Greenville, SC Apr 16'16
    Mexico City, MEX Nov 28'15
    Denver, CO Oct 22'14
    St. Paul, MN Oct 19'14
    Chicago, IL (Wrigley) Jul 19'13
    London, ON Canada Jul 16 '13
    Winnipeg, MB Sep 17 '11
    East Troy, WI (Alpine Valley) on Sep 4 '11 & Sep 5'11
    Philly PA (Spectrum) Oct 30 '09
    Vancouver, BC Canada Sep 25'09
    (Eddie Vedder Solo) Van BC Apr 2'08
    George WA (The Gorge) Jul 22'06
    George WA (The Gorge) Jul 23'06
    Vancouver, BC Canada Sep 2'05
    Vancouver, BC Canada July 19'98
    Gimli, MB Canada (SUNFEST) - Aug 14'93
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Looks like my replacement is on UPS vehicle for delivery today - will check it out when I get home from work and report back.

Busy weekend, but finally got around to opening my replacement today. On first glance, looks MUCH better than the original. Clean, no visible scratches or smudges, no glue or residue. Edges feel much cleaner as well. Don't have a turntable at the moment, but going to purchase a new one in the coming weeks. Will have to play the original and this one and see how much difference there is in the audio quality.

Also, FYI, I never got a second e-mail back with any tracking info. for the replacement. The only e-mail I ever received from UMG was an acknowledgement of the issue and asking for my address. What I did do though was register on UPS.com for a free UPS My Choice account. You'll have to verify your address and some previous addresses you've lived at to set it up, but then you'll be able to track ANY packages moving through the UPS system to your registered address whether you have a tracking number or not. Hope that helps!
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    iamsarar wrote:
    I sent my email for a replacement the day it was posted, got an email saying it would be mailed early last week, I emailed back and asked for a tracking number and have heard nothing. How did people get a tracking number? Was it emailed after shipping or requested? I'm hoping my replacement comes this week!

I never got a tracking number. They just said that it would arrive the following week, and it did.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    chinobaeza wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    I guess he is assuming that given the high percentage of faulty vinyls the one that he'll receive will not spin as it should...imho a fair assumption :)

Yeah I haven't ordered the replacement yet, because I haven't got the original yet, but if my conscience wouldn't get the better of me I would've done it, as it appears I would have gotten the replacement by now. I'll keep you posted if and when I receive my original. :(
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    got my replacement in WA. It looks and sounds much better than the first, but this one is very sharp around the edge. It plays, I'm happy.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    terrym08terrym08 Posts: 370
    I sent an email on the 24th about my vinyl, so far no response of any kind. :evil:
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Yay, just got my replacement vinyl in the mail too! They didn't reply to my email when I sent them my address, just shipped the vinyl. It's looking great, no smudges, scratches or goo :thumbup:

Checked Pendulum first, and it's flawless. There was a little scratchy noise between this and the next song, but I can live with that. Oh, and mine has sharp edges too... Overall it still seems a little noisy, but a 99% improvement :) Well done, guys! Thank you!
  • Options
    YES YES YES and a small sad NOOOOOOO ... :?

I've finally received my Lightning Bolt vinyl after more than 20 days. I got it today and right away I started playing it. Unfortunately - there is a problem with the last song on side A - Infallibe- it crashes somewhere in the middle - always in the same moment- that has to be some kind of recording error, as there is no scratch visible. There are some smudges but the rest of the songs are all right - some little cracks.. also sharp edges in my copy.. Any ideas what I should do now?

The packaging looks amazing.. The envelope where the vinyl is was a little torn - but I can live with that

And I got stickers! :):mrgreen:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737
    Tomilol wrote:
    YES YES YES and a small sad NOOOOOOO ... :?

I've finally received my Lightning Bolt vinyl after more than 20 days. I got it today and right away I started playing it. Unfortunately - there is a problem with the last song on side A - Infallibe- it crashes somewhere in the middle - always in the same moment- that has to be some kind of recording error, as there is no scratch visible. There are some smudges but the rest of the songs are all right - some little cracks.. also sharp edges in my copy.. Any ideas what I should do now?

The packaging looks amazing.. The envelope where the vinyl is was a little torn - but I can live with that

And I got stickers! :):mrgreen:
    Look at the first post in this thread for the email address that you send your address to and request a replacement vinyl.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    terrym08 wrote:
    I sent an email on the 24th about my vinyl, so far no response of any kind. :evil:

I thought the same thing...after about a week i checked my SPAM folder and there it was....about a day later from a person named Luttrell, Francene <Francene.Luttrell@umusic.com>
    Play Sacramento!
  • Options
    terrym08terrym08 Posts: 370
    Thanks for the info but no messages in the spam folder either. I re-sent the email today, we will see what happens.

gerald605 wrote:
    terrym08 wrote:

I thought the same thing...after about a week i checked my SPAM folder and there it was....about a day later from a person named Luttrell, Francene <Francene.Luttrell@umusic.com>
  • Options
    kevwalkerkevwalker VA Posts: 8
    edited November 2013
    Well, I just received my third vinyl copy (SECOND replacement vinyl) of LB today in the post.

I had originally ordered through the Ten Club and had a similar experience to most everyone else here (my original copy had some audio issues, as I'm sure you're familiar with). I emailed the customer service address once it was posted, and the replacement copy showed up in a reasonable amount of time last week (and sounds MUCH better).
    I was happy that this was handled, and considered it a done deal.

So today I was very surprised to receive an ADDITIONAL replacement vinyl on my doorstep.
    I've already emailed about returning the extra copy (I'm sure things are crazy in that department regarding this issue, and there are plenty of others who could benefit from owning a proper copy). I suppose I could just keep a sealed copy for collector's sake if it comes to that, but that seems slightly excessive (I don't need 3 copies, even if one is inferior).

If UMG lets me keep this copy, I will gladly mail it to someone in need of a "Fixer" (sorry - had to do it). I will update this post once I hear back from the manufacturer.

*UPDATE* Official response: "Just keep it".
    Post edited by kevwalker on
    2000: Columbia
    2010: Bristow
    2020 2024: Baltimore
  • Options
    kevwalker wrote:
    Well, I just received my third vinyl copy (SECOND replacement vinyl) of LB today in the post.

I had originally ordered through the Ten Club and had a similar experience to most everyone else here (my original copy had some audio issues, as I'm sure you're familiar with). I emailed the customer service address once it was posted, and the replacement copy showed up in a reasonable amount of time last week (and sounds MUCH better).

So today I was very surprised to receive an ADDITIONAL replacement vinyl on my doorstep.
    I've already emailed about returning the extra copy (I'm sure things are crazy in that department regarding this issue, and there are plenty of others who could benefit from owning a proper copy). I suppose I could just keep a sealed copy for collector's sake if it comes to that, but that seems slightly excessive (I don't need 3 copies, even if one is inferior).

If UMG lets me keep this copy, I will gladly mail it to someone in need of a "Fixer" (sorry - had to do it). I will update this post once I hear back from the manufacturer.
    I know someone else who had the same thing happen. I guess they are just out of control and not tracking things too well over there right now.... I thought that it probably wouldn't be worth their time and expense to deal with refunding the return shipping expense to get the second one back, but am interested to know what they say about this!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    kevwalkerkevwalker VA Posts: 8
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    kevwalker wrote:

I know someone else who had the same thing happen. I guess they are just out of control and not tracking things too well over there right now.... I thought that it probably wouldn't be worth their time and expense to deal with refunding the return shipping expense to get the second one back, but am interested to know what they say about this!

Official response: "Just keep it". That's all the email said.
    2000: Columbia
    2010: Bristow
    2020 2024: Baltimore
  • Options
    kevwalker wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    kevwalker wrote:

Official response: "Just keep it". That's all the email said.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,422
    Man, emailed 10 days ago & got a reply last Monday and still haven't gotten my replacement. And already people are getting a third copy, lol! Ugggghhhh!!
  • Options
    Still waiting on my replacement. How are people tracking their shipments? Nobody ever gave me a tracking number.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Still waiting on my replacement. How are people tracking their shipments? Nobody ever gave me a tracking number.

I never got a tracking number for the replacement either, not even a notification that it has been sent. Be patient, it will come :)
  • Options
    Dr. JDr. J Posts: 75
    I received my replacement copy today. It sounds a lot better! Didn't notice any issues at all!
  • Options

I never got a tracking number for the replacement either, not even a notification that it has been sent. Be patient, it will come :)

Oh, I'm fine. No hurry at all, just curious about how people tracked it.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,422

Oh, I'm fine. No hurry at all, just curious about how people tracked it.

I was wondering that myself.
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    I finally got my initial vinyl today and it has the same sound issues. The packaging though was in great shape. Complete with stickers! At least I can now order my replacement vinyl. One step closer....
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    PrimalPrimal Posts: 41
    Every day for the past week or so I've headed home after work in the hopes that today might be the day that I can order my replacement copy....maybe today is that day
  • Options
    Has anyone in Canada still not received their vinyl copy? I pre-ordered both the vinyl and CD the first day it was available and the CD came 2 weeks ago, still no vinyl. I know the vinyl will ship package vs letter for the CD, but still...shipping notification came out the same day. Worried if it is defective I will miss the chance to get a replacement.