Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    hang fire and give it a few days.

We cannot hold the tenclub responsible for the quality of the product being received, after all this is clearly a manufacturing cock up, and it is being addressed. Its unfortunate but these things happen and it was certainly not foreseeable.

shipping times are also somewhat out of their control, they will start to land soon. In terms of the release date promise, its fairly clear the vinyls were late I reaching tenclub, and again they appear to have been let down.

Its really not something to cancel your membership over......especially with a tour on the horizon we hope

Unless 10C went with the least expensive option when pressing this vinyl, I can't see this is 10C's fault either.
    Shit happens... When shit happens, it's time to step up as a seller. Have 10C done that? Maybe, maybe not...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    Sent them an email last week and they replied once asking for my shipping address. I sent them the info and didn't hear anything back. Yesterday the replacement vinyl arrived on my porch in Ohio.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    rival. wrote:
    alright, just played my replacement and it fucking skips during my father's son. that song is unlistenable :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

i give up.

Are we 100% sure the replacments are repressed versions? This sucks... :nono:

the rest of the album was fine and after looking at the vinyl there is a scratch on side A where my father's son probably is causing it to skip.

i sent them an e-mail this morning explaining this and asking where we go from here.

now for another wait... :roll:
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Hey Tomasz :wave:
    I don't know how often you have already ordered something from 10c, but usually it takes a couple of weeks (up to 6 weeks to Germany) till the stuff arrives in Europe. I think 17 days is still way within reason :) You gotta be a little more patient... Also, international shippings from 10c cannot be tracked (hated that too). This is why you cannot get any info on your package.

I hope you will receive your record soon and in great shape.
    Tomilol wrote:
    REALLY REALLY MAD!

here's my email to 10c

Dear Sir or Madame, I still haven't received my copy of Lightning Bolt vinyl here in Poland.. Today marks the 17th business day since it was allegedly sent on 10th of October. Thinking about a refund from your company. My UPS tracking shows only information

Oct 10 2013 Shipment information received

I would really be grateful for any information concerning the delivery. It seems it was not sent at all. I'm really concerned as I also hear about all the defects it may have. Even if I get it back eventually, I don't know how much time it'll be till I get a replacement vinyl.

If you won't send my vinyl I will declare a REFUND. Just let me know if you're doing ANYTHING concerning this matter. If you're doing nothing, let me know how can I get my money back.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

regards

• Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Looks like my replacement is on UPS vehicle for delivery today - will check it out when I get home from work and report back.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    My replacement looks and sounds worse than my original. The record isn't flat; ie it is wavy is one area and anytime the need goes over that area there's static. Can't really hear it much during harder songs, but the softer songs like Pendulum it's clearly audible every few seconds.

Emailed <!-- e --><a href="mailto:fisherscustsvc@umusic.com">fisherscustsvc@umusic.com</a><!-- e --> again asking what we need to do to get me a copy without manufacturer defects.

Wes
  • Options
    AmishGuy91 wrote:
    My replacement looks and sounds worse than my original. The record isn't flat; ie it is wavy is one area and anytime the need goes over that area there's static. Can't really hear it much during harder songs, but the softer songs like Pendulum it's clearly audible every few seconds.

Emailed <!-- e --><a href="mailto:fisherscustsvc@umusic.com">fisherscustsvc@umusic.com</a><!-- e --> again asking what we need to do to get me a copy without manufacturer defects.

Wes

How was the replacement shipped?
    Bubblewrapped or was it in a thin cardboard sleeve?
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    They told me they could not ship to a P.O. box so I imagine I will get mine Sunday when I go to my parents.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    daydaydayday Michigan, USA Posts: 93
    replacement vinyl arrived today via UPS. it was shipped in a good cardboard mailer with extended edges so there will be no chance of crushed corners. record came in a poly lined, white inner sleeve with a plain black outer sleeve that was shrink wrapped. it is normal in every way a high quality record should be - perfectly clean, flat, and dead quiet, even at high volume. very satisfied!
    now i'm just waiting for the replacement jacket and sleeve, which should be here in another month or so.
    "i'll ride the wave~where it takes me"

Detroit, Michigan 08-01-1992
    Charleston, South Carolina 10-05-1996
    East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-1998
    Greenville, South Carolina 09-04-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-25-2003
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-26-2003
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 10-03-2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 05-19-2006
    Chicago, Illinois 08-05-2007
    Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014
    Chicago, Illinois 09-07-2023
  • Options
    AmishGuy91 wrote:

Wes

How was the replacement shipped?
    Bubblewrapped or was it in a thin cardboard sleeve?

Wasn't bubblewrapped but was in a good cardboard record mailer. I got an immediate response from umucic, they are gonna send me another replacement.

Wes
  • Options
    The replacement vinyl sounds 1,000,000 times better than the original. Thank You UMG / Republic for making this right! :clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    is it weird that my LB records sounds just fine? why would some work and some not?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    pdalowsky wrote:
    hang fire and give it a few days.

We cannot hold the tenclub responsible for the quality of the product being received, after all this is clearly a manufacturing cock up, and it is being addressed. Its unfortunate but these things happen and it was certainly not foreseeable.

shipping times are also somewhat out of their control, they will start to land soon. In terms of the release date promise, its fairly clear the vinyls were late I reaching tenclub, and again they appear to have been let down.

Its really not something to cancel your membership over......especially with a tour on the horizon we hope

Unless 10C went with the least expensive option when pressing this vinyl, I can't see this is 10C's fault either.
    Shit happens... When shit happens, it's time to step up as a seller. Have 10C done that? Maybe, maybe not...

I dunno about cost to press, but United Pressing is notoriously spotty, so unless there is some stipulation in their distribution deal with Universal, PJ camp deserves at least a little blame. This is still clearly a manufacturing screw up.
    is it weird that my LB records sounds just fine? why would some work and some not?

There are so many different things wrong I gotta believe this was a major rush job. Mine was clean, with a couple pops, but the volume level was really low. Others have big scratches, some have glue blobs, rough trimming around the edge, fingerprinted records, missing parts of the packaging, etc etc.

I'd guess at some point the workers at the plant felt less rushed and were able to take more time and care instead of speeding through everything.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,879
    I think they are all Nirvana fans settling an old score, laughing hysterically at us all.

They were prompt with my response, we'll wait and see on the vinyl, gosh I hope it is better than this coaster I have right now.
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,675
    my replacement vinyl got dropped off today in calgary, canada! that took three days to ship from the states. that is unheard of fast. going to spin tonight.
  • Options
    I just got my replacement vinyl. I feel bad for everyone who didn't get their original yet.
  • Options
    dayday wrote:
    now i'm just waiting for the replacement jacket and sleeve, which should be here in another month or so.

How did you go about getting a new album jacket?
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
  • Options
    TbowTbow Posts: 57
    Anyone else not get an email back? No response for almost 2 weeks I am disappointed enough with my vault 3 vinyl I recived... :fp: play the game
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    My replacement copy came in today! I hadn't heard anything since last week when Lori asked for my address and said more information would be coming soon. Really amazed at how quickly this was handled. Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten the chance to listen to the new copy. That's upsetting to hear that the same issues could be prevalent....

I really didn't want to throw out the original, so just gave it to a friend with the warning that there are some pops present on my sample playthrough. Maybe a deep cleaning could help it.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    received my first copy today but its got a mark/scratch on the b side that's effecting the last 3 songs. i've emailed the company, so need to see what happens now.
    Hail Hail
  • Options
    daydaydayday Michigan, USA Posts: 93
    Gremmie03 wrote:
    dayday wrote:

How did you go about getting a new album jacket?

gremmie, i described the jacket and sleeve damage in my original e-mail to umg, and sent pictures. when they replied, they said they would send a replacement vinyl right away, (which i received today), and that the replacement jacket/sleeve would be several weeks. they were awesome on the vinyl so i'm confident they'll come through on the other stuff as well.
    "i'll ride the wave~where it takes me"

Detroit, Michigan 08-01-1992
    Charleston, South Carolina 10-05-1996
    East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-1998
    Greenville, South Carolina 09-04-1998
    Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-25-2003
    Clarkston, Michigan 06-26-2003
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 10-03-2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan 05-19-2006
    Chicago, Illinois 08-05-2007
    Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014
    Chicago, Illinois 09-07-2023
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Any differences in the matrix / etchings on the run out grooves of these replacement vinyls to identify it is a different pressing. Can someone with a replacement check this.
  • Options
    Listened to my replacement last night. It sounded great! No pops, skips, no warped record. There wasn't any extra wax or glue on it it either. It played like it should have which made me very happy.
  • Options
    "Any differences in the matrix / etchings on the run out grooves of these replacement vinyls to identify it is a different pressing. Can someone with a replacement check this."

Yes. Just a small difference. On the original, the number is B0018983-01-A on side A and B0018983-01-B on side B.

The new one has a Roman Number III after the A on side A and a Roman Number II after the B on side B. Everything else is etched the same.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    "Any differences in the matrix / etchings on the run out grooves of these replacement vinyls to identify it is a different pressing. Can someone with a replacement check this."

Yes. Just a small difference. On the original, the number is B0018983-01-A on side A and B0018983-01-B on side B.

The new one has a Roman Number III after the A on side A and a Roman Number II after the B on side B. Everything else is etched the same.

Thanks, sounds like they had more pressed especially.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Received my replacement vinyl Friday. Didn't get a chance to play it until just now. Flawless. It's quiet, no pops or skips, there were some weird sounds on pendulum on my original that are no longer present on the replacement. Glad they made good on this situation.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    Got my replacement very quickly. Big thanks to umusic.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    So if I order my replacement it'll probably come before my original vinyl order. Getting a little ridiculous.
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,265
    What a joke, how can people in Canada be getting replacement vinyl before people who live 3 hours from the warehouse even get the original?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Dated Oct. 25th:

We have received your E-Mail and apologize for the inconvenience. Please provide a street shipping address and a replacement vinyl will be sent to you early next week.

Thank you for your patience.

UMG Customer Service

Still haven't received it.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all