Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,786
    Were the EU pressings made at the same place as the US ones because I seem to be one of the lucky ones who received the vinyl without any issues, no rough edges or debris and the sleeve is in perfect condition.

where did you buy from?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,615
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Were the EU pressings made at the same place as the US ones because I seem to be one of the lucky ones who received the vinyl without any issues, no rough edges or debris and the sleeve is in perfect condition.

where did you buy from?

Wondering too. Tim (What Records) said those vinyls shipped from Universal Europe were all pressed in the USA.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,024
    mine was waiting on the Porch in MD upon my return from Charlottesville.

I haven't opened it but the label appears like it's not glued down flat. I'm sure it's fine.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    I have what I can only assume to be my replacement copy of my vinyl (haven't ordered anything else) coming to my house tomorrow. Sympathies for everyone who has still yet to receive an original copy.
  • Options
    Frankie79Frankie79 Cornwall, UK Posts: 203
    demetrios wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

where did you buy from?

Wondering too. Tim (What Records) said those vinyls shipped from Universal Europe were all pressed in the USA.

I bought it from 10 CLUB wasn't sure if it was like the Vault where some were shipped from UK
    Hyde Park 25/06/10
    MEN Arena 20-21/06/12
    Leeds 08/07/14
    Milton Keynes 11/07/14
    Mexico City 28/11/15
    EV London 6-7/6/17
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Got an e-mail this morning from UPS My Choice saying I had a package from UMGD/COMMERCIAL delivering tomorrow.

Yaaaayyyyy!!! :D
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    RansomPTDRansomPTD Posts: 297
    I emailed them three times with my shipping info last week when this site gave out the information to contact them about any problems. I got an email this Monday from Lori at UMG saying my vinyl will be shipped out next week. Last night when my wife went outside she noticed a package by the door and it was my replacement vinyl. I haven't had time to open and listen to it yet but am hoping it sounds better than the last one. :)
  • Options
    DamianKDamianK Posts: 192
    So, my 10c vinyl arrived in London today finally. Sorry to say its faulty. Lots of marks & scratches on it. Gave it a good clean (marks didnt come off)and it started out fine when I started spinning it but then in MYM there were 6 or 7 load pops. Rest of side A was fine but side B is almost unlistenable - lots of load pops & it keeps skipping. Emailed universal so hopefully get a replacement soon. Packaging /cover/stickers all look amazing though. Have to wait for the cd to arrive now........
    Oh we'll, it will be resolved!!
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Got a few noticeable pops on Mind Your Manners and also on My Father's Son, which I think also skips for a second.

What proof are you guys giving when sending an email for a replacement? Got mine through 10c.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    RansomPTDRansomPTD Posts: 297
    All I did was explain how my vinyl was faulty and gave my shipping info to them in my email.
    boyo79 wrote:
    Got a few noticeable pops on Mind Your Manners and also on My Father's Son, which I think also skips for a second.

What proof are you guys giving when sending an email for a replacement? Got mine through 10c.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    arrived in uk today from10c. packaging in perfect condition. still listening through but so far so good. this record sounds so much better on vinyl. I wasnt crazy about it listening to the mp3 but the vinyl and a decent setup has done wonders. i got a sirens postcard and a couple of download cards stuck together.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    replacement vinyl arrived today in chicago, now i just have to get home and spin it.

hopefully others get theirs quickly!
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,365
    Received my replacement vinyl today. It sounds great. Zero issues. Took 1 week from the initial email to when I received the replacement. Very happy that it was resolved quickly!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    I sent an email with my 10c order number and a photo of the visible marks on side A - that should hopefully be enough!
    boyo79 wrote:

• Options
    I got my vinyl through in the UK today, a couple of pops in getaway and then it just gets stuck in Lightning Bolt and won't play the full song. Emailed them today so hopefully they will reply to say they are sending a replacement...I guess another 3 - 4 week wait again..nevermind - great album!!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    alright, just played my replacement and it fucking skips during my father's son. that song is unlistenable :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

i give up.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    alright, just played my replacement and it fucking skips during my father's son. that song is unlistenable :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

i give up.
    I'm going to be completely pissed if that happens to my replacement.
  • Options
    Received my LP of 'Bolt' yesterday & it's pooched. Ordered replacement LP & am standing by. Will report back. Psyched for the Vancouver show on December 4th!
    8-)
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

i give up.

:shock: Oh man. :wtf:
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

i give up.

:shock: Oh man. :wtf:
    so what happens if your replacement needs replacing?
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I worry about the replacement skipping. Received it today, haven't opened it
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    i got mine today and the packaging was all fucked up with mine as well as the record... and i just get.... a record? yeah. i give up.
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    Still haven't got my original vinyl yet in Toronto. But I did get my surrounds for my speakers. Put them on and system now sounds awesome. Played Vitology and now listening to Neil at Massey hall. Sounds great. Just want to hear LB on it now and I'll be good. Maybe tomorrow.
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    That sucks! Universal replace the vinyl but I believe that the 10c will replace the cover etc. so drop them an email too! Hope you get it all sorted.
    i got mine today and the packaging was all fucked up with mine as well as the record... and i just get.... a record? yeah. i give up.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

i give up.

Are we 100% sure the replacments are repressed versions? This sucks... :nono:
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

i give up.

good question,

I thought they would be as they now say several weeks .....
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    rival. wrote:

i give up.

good question,

I thought they would be as they now say several weeks .....

Either they have big, big manufacturing issues at that plant or they just took visually clean looking copies from the first pressing and shipped out...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    REALLY REALLY MAD!

here's my email to 10c

Dear Sir or Madame, I still haven't received my copy of Lightning Bolt vinyl here in Poland.. Today marks the 17th business day since it was allegedly sent on 10th of October. Thinking about a refund from your company. My UPS tracking shows only information

Oct 10 2013 Shipment information received

I would really be grateful for any information concerning the delivery. It seems it was not sent at all. I'm really concerned as I also hear about all the defects it may have. Even if I get it back eventually, I don't know how much time it'll be till I get a replacement vinyl.

If you won't send my vinyl I will declare a REFUND. Just let me know if you're doing ANYTHING concerning this matter. If you're doing nothing, let me know how can I get my money back.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

regards

disappointed Tomasz Sadłowski

I had to use all my skills in writing a "sensitive" letter of complaint... Now I have to show my students that writing such letters is necessary and may be useful one day ...
  • Options
    I cant even get a email through , whats the point , im thinking is my membership reLly worth it
  • Options
    hang fire and give it a few days.

We cannot hold the tenclub responsible for the quality of the product being received, after all this is clearly a manufacturing cock up, and it is being addressed. Its unfortunate but these things happen and it was certainly not foreseeable.

shipping times are also somewhat out of their control, they will start to land soon. In terms of the release date promise, its fairly clear the vinyls were late I reaching tenclub, and again they appear to have been let down.

Its really not something to cancel your membership over......especially with a tour on the horizon we hope