Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Since being asked my full shipping address I haven't heard anything since. Any updates?

I'm in the same situation. Not worried...yet. They must have one person just sitting at a computer reading and replying to e-mails. Just hating their job right now :lol: I've certainly been there.

I'm in the same boat... It's good to read the several updates with good news. I hope I'll get one soon too. But I'm also not worried because why would they ask for my address if they don't want to send something to me?
    I just hope the new pressing turns out flawless, and red (yeah, a girl can dream :shifty: ).

I'd like to see that picture too! How come you did a tour there? Pure coincidence?
  • Options
    If I wasnt registered for UPS MyChoice I would have no idea that UMG sent my new vinyl. Delivery is tomorrow, so the good news is a lot of you will never know its comming and will have it as early as today possibly.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    If I wasnt registered for UPS MyChoice I would have no idea that UMG sent my new vinyl. Delivery is tomorrow, so the good news is a lot of you will never know its comming and will have it as early as today possibly.

:thumbup: That would be a sweet surprise!

Did they get back at you by email after you sent them your mailing address?
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533

No shit? That's awesome. Thanks for the update.
  • Options

Well when I first sent my email I included my addy.They did let me know on Friday that it would be coming out to me next week just like a lot of others have stated.
  • Options
    ldatspjldatspj Posts: 91

Well when I first sent my email I included my addy.They did let me know on Friday that it would be coming out to me next week just like a lot of others have stated.
    I just set up a ups mychoice where would i look to see if they sent my vinyl? Just wondering since you stated you would ve known if you hadn t checked ups mychoice? I looked under history but no activity. Thanks!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Question: how do they ship just and album? Do they wrap it in something?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

They wrap them in a high quality, delicately natured sheath of pops and hisses.
  • Options
    october22 wrote:

They wrap them in a high quality, delicately natured sheath of pops and hisses.

They did that with the first issue that's for sure :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,375
    Like many others, receipt acknowledged and new vinyl should ship early next week.
  • Options
    From Francene Luttrell:

We have received your E-Mail and apologize for the inconvenience. A replacement vinyl will be sent to you early next week.

Thank you for your patience.
    UMG Customer Service.

My email:

Hi,

The 10 Club sent me to you about my Lightning Bolt LP. It arrived with the inner sleeve split in a few places and it has some pops and skips on a couple of songs. There was no damage to the packaging from the shipper.
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    Looks like mine will be here tomorrow as well.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    Well when I first sent my email I included my addy.They did let me know on Friday that it would be coming out to me next week just like a lot of others have stated.[/quote]
    I just set up a ups mychoice where would i look to see if they sent my vinyl? Just wondering since you stated you would ve known if you hadn t checked ups mychoice? I looked under history but no activity. Thanks![/quote]

Well once you sign up it tells you any UPS delivery you have coming. It sends you an email the day before you recieve it.
  • Options
    Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    I am debating on returning mine. The packaging is in perfect condition and so is the record for the most part. There are just a few songs with louder than normal random pops. Do you guys think it I should still return it?
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Options
    JMarksCLEJMarksCLE Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 40
    I just got my replacement vinyl in the mail. That was a LOT faster than I expected!
    08.26.98 - Cleveland
    08.21.00 - Columbus
    04.25.03 - Cleveland
    05.20.06 - Cleveland
    05.09.10 - Cleveland
    10.11.13 - Pittsburgh
    09.26.15 - NYC 
    05.11.16 - Tampa
    04.07.17 - Rock Hall Induction
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Riot_Mac wrote:
    I am debating on returning mine. The packaging is in perfect condition and so is the record for the most part. There are just a few songs with louder than normal random pops. Do you guys think it I should still return it?

I'd say if there is any point you are listening and you are conscious of the pops, then it is hindering your listening experience. Basically, if you're thinking about it, then the purpose of the record has been compromised. And by the way, you dont have to return it...just email with proof of purchase.
    JMarksCLE wrote:
    I just got my replacement vinyl in the mail. That was a LOT faster than I expected!

Was it the entire package? or just record?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    JMarksCLE wrote:

Play it and post how it sounds, please
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Riot_Mac wrote:

You're not really returning it. If your's is messed up, you're getting a replacement sent to you
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    JMarksCLEJMarksCLE Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 40
    Black vinyl in a white sleeve, inside a black cardboard sleeve with holes on both sides, shrink wrapped.

Pictures:

http://cellardoorcle.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/20131029_131849.jpg

http://cellardoorcle.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/20131029_131858.jpg
    08.26.98 - Cleveland
    08.21.00 - Columbus
    04.25.03 - Cleveland
    05.20.06 - Cleveland
    05.09.10 - Cleveland
    10.11.13 - Pittsburgh
    09.26.15 - NYC 
    05.11.16 - Tampa
    04.07.17 - Rock Hall Induction
  • Options
    JMarksCLE wrote:
    Black vinyl in a white sleeve, inside a black cardboard sleeve with holes on both sides, shrink wrapped.

Pictures:

totally flippable.
  • Options
    Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    Riot_Mac wrote:

I'd say if there is any point you are listening and you are conscious of the pops, then it is hindering your listening experience. Basically, if you're thinking about it, then the purpose of the record has been compromised. And by the way, you dont have to return it...just email with proof of purchase.
    JMarksCLE wrote:

Was it the entire package? or just record?

Thanks man!
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Options
    ldatspjldatspj Posts: 91
    I just set up a ups mychoice where would i look to see if they sent my vinyl? Just wondering since you stated you would ve known if you hadn t checked ups mychoice? I looked under history but no activity. Thanks![/quote]

Well once you sign up it tells you any UPS delivery you have coming. It sends you an email the day before you recieve it.[/quote]

Cool, thanks again!!!!!
  • Options
    ldatspj wrote:
    I just set up a ups mychoice where would i look to see if they sent my vinyl? Just wondering since you stated you would ve known if you hadn t checked ups mychoice? I looked under history but no activity. Thanks!

Well once you sign up it tells you any UPS delivery you have coming. It sends you an email the day before you recieve it.[/quote]

Cool, thanks again!!!!![/quote]

I think that's just if you upgrade to premium or whatever they call it, no?
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    Anyone want & need a new sleeve & cover because of damage. like me?
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    JMarksCLE wrote:

Pictures:

totally flippable.

Yup. These will be on eBay as "Sealed Repress" without a doubt.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    ldatspj wrote:

Well once you sign up it tells you any UPS delivery you have coming. It sends you an email the day before you recieve it.

Cool, thanks again!!!!![/quote]

I think that's just if you upgrade to premium or whatever they call it, no?[/quote]

I wondered that myself, haha. I signed up for it quite a while ago, but I can tell you I never paid a dime for anything.
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    JMarksCLE wrote:

Pictures:

totally flippable.

Yup. These will be on eBay as "Sealed Repress" without a doubt.

Seriously, I bet people just play the originals and keep these sealed. Hell, it's tempting depending on how bad your copy is.
  • Options

I wondered that myself, haha. I signed up for it quite a while ago, but I can tell you I never paid a dime for anything.

nice, maybe you're grandfathered in :)
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,592
    I sent them my address last Thursday and I haven't heard anything back from them yet. Should I contact them again or should I just expect my vinyl to show up?
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    jeff2040 wrote:
    I sent them my address last Thursday and I haven't heard anything back from them yet. Should I contact them again or should I just expect my vinyl to show up?

No one really knows yet. I followed up after not hearing anything and then they responded saying a replacement was on it's way. I do feel like they're sending them out without necessarily responding though.