Options

Thanks 10C, But I Don't Gamble.

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    jeffgq wrote:
    jeffgq wrote:
    can someone tell me the new tickets deal? I mean, I saw that email where they were doing a test run and all, but didnt really read it...nor can I find anything around here (didnt search all that hard)

Am I to understand the senority system is no longer in what so ever? the tickets are strictly a lottery drawing now? I'd be pist if I was in the fan club since the early days and had a very low number. I joined in 2003 so this might work to my advantage...and what is the deal with your top priority city? im confused..im in south florida, so that might be another advantage as opposed to the northeast...

any quick synopsis of the new system would be appreciated...thanks
    2 things..

1.all the tix 10c has for their member will be selling them via a lottery system
    you will enter the lottery of which shows you wanna see..
    after the draw you will receive a email say if your name won at the draw or not
    and the same time you can check it at your acount at ten club tickets section

2.the members who score tix will be get their seats based at seniority as always..

SCORING TICKET METHOD ONLY CHANGED.....

SENIORITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SCORING TICCKETS..

SENIORITY ALWAYS MATTERS AFTER YOU SCORE 10C TICKETS...

thats what i wanted to know..thanks....so it essentially eliminates trying to score tickets at 10am sharp, crashing their system, but keeps senority in tact..IF you score tickets to your priority show...
    yes..depence the demand of the show..
    maybe you will now win your 1st priority,but your second,or 3rd...
    seems as all say,northeast will be very hard to get even your 1st priority..
    alot of fans in the area..
    good luck!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:

Sounds like the whole row 1 & 2 and 9 & 10 thing may still be possible...
    Can you buy 10C tix for more then 3 shows?
    Q: There is more than one tour listed, can I enter the drawing for all of them?

A: As long as you meet the eligibility requirements, you can enter for as many shows in as many tours as you like. Just check the eligibility dates listed by each tour on the Upcoming Tour tab.
    * Ten Club tickets are for reserved seating and allocated by membership seniority, with the exception of rows 1-2 and rows 9-10 which will be used for random allocation unless otherwise announced.

http://pearljam.com/tenclub/tickets

Right, but what are the chances of getting your 4th or 5th or 6th option if you have rank all the shows at the same time for the drawing... Yeah, I'm lucky living in the Northeast and got to see seven or eight shows in a couple tours and slept in my own bed after each one... So that's possible and happened because as others have pointed out, I put the effort in to get the tickets... I don't like a system that rewards the "oh, what the hell I'll try for MSG" folks...

As for the peeps who complain they can't get off work to do the whole F5 thing, well I would venture to say that's the way the system was when most joined the fan club, May as well do a mail order like the 96 tour...
    there was no efford actually was luck ,except if you knew the "tricks" to beat the system..
    there was people f5ing 8 hours and score,and other did the same ,same hours and shut out..
    and yes northeast will be so difficult to score ,even your number 1 priority..
    i understand that now,almost no one will get multiple 10c tix at a nothreast tour,but for me its ok
    cos all 10c tix will go to more different 10c members..
    tix are for our pleasure..not to suffer to get them..
    and yes,for score tix,u need to spent not much time..
    its crazy to find nanny,get out of work,cancel everything for a day,for seat infront of a pc for 10 hours for get tix..
    come on
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    good luck!

I haven't done much reading up on this either so this may be a dumb question. If we have to rank the shows in order of priority, are we only able to purchase for one show now? How would it work if I wanted to purchase something like 4 shows?
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • Options
    lukin321 wrote:
    good luck!

I haven't done much reading up on this either so this may be a dumb question. If we have to rank the shows in order of priority, are we only able to purchase for one show now? How would it work if I wanted to purchase something like 4 shows?
    you can enter as many shows you want at the draw..
    but for score tiox you need get picked for those shows..,you can win all,one ,some ,or any of them..

the trick is,this..that make it harder to win more than one show
    Q: How does the show priority selection factor in to the drawing?

A: For each show we will randomly draw members who have made that show their #1 priority. If any tickets remain the system will randomly draw names of members who have chosen that show as their #2 priority, and so on until every ticket for a given show has been sold.

i hope that helps..and there are no dumb questions...only dumb answers.. ;)
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    lukin321 wrote:
    good luck!

Not a dumb question but if you live anywhere outside of Afghanistan there's not a chance in hell you'll ever win more than one ticket (if you even get that lucky). You'll only have a shot at your number 2 if that show doesn't sell out. And really, how many shows, in the States at least, aren't going to have the total number of available tickets accounted for as other people's number ones? Very few, which means after you win or lose your first choice, you will never get a crack at number two.

I hate to sound so negative and I know I have been over the last few days but I just feel like there are way too many people accepting this as satisfactory. I can guarantee they will change their tune when they're sent to ticketmaster for every show. 10C should have just developed a more efficient site and sold them properly rather than take the easy road with a lottery.

And now I think I'm finally tired of talking about this...haha

Good luck all
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    I can guarantee they will change their tune when they're sent to ticketmaster for every show. 1

i agree...and i can quarantee there will be the same number of people that after all this year they always shut out will score 10c tix this time,to high demands shows.. ;)
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    october22 wrote:

I hate to sound so negative and I know I have been over the last few days but I just feel like there are way too many people accepting this as satisfactory. I can guarantee they will change their tune when they're sent to ticketmaster for every show. 10C should have just developed a more efficient site and sold them properly rather than take the easy road with a lottery.

But... and hang with me on this - if 10C developed a more efficient site that sold tickets properly and could actually handle the traffic, what makes you think you'd actually be able to score more than 1 show if more than one show went on sale at a time?

I mean, have you ever actually tried that? I have on ticketmaster (not necessarily PJ shows), and it never works out the best. Usually by the time I process the order for the show I decided I want most, I am lucky to get tickets to the second, let alone good tickets (depending on demand of course).

So with the amount of tickets 10C actually has to distribute and the demand for shows like MSG... what makes you think an efficient site would help you? Let's assume the site runs efficiently and processes orders properly. Now let's consider a typical ticket sale day, where 3 shows are put on sale at the exact same time, and as usual, you have to check out 1 pair of tickets at a time... and the 3 shows are MSG 1, MSG 2, and Newark.... if the system functioned properly... do you really think you'd have the time to purchase tickets to MSG 1 (i.e. put them in your cart, select billing info, input your credit card, wait for the order to process, see the confirmation screen) and then turn around and get tickets to MSG 2 before it sells out?

with an efficient distribution system and current supply/demand issues for 10 Club tickets... fat chance. so you wind up right back at ticketmaster anyway.... and you still wind up with 1 show's worth of 10C tickets (which I think this is how it will work out for most lottery participants in the long wrong anyway.... unless PJ actually starts significantly touring again of course...)

so from my perspective, if you're a fan purchasing tickets to multiple shows, an efficient site doesn't help you. In fact the only f5 way is more in your favor as you can only hope the system jams up enough that you can get through and finish your purchase while others struggle to get tickets to the other shows into their cart.

So in my opinion - you're not advocating fixing the system at all - you want it to remain exactly as is. You're in the f5 state of mind.

Again, I'd like to state that I really don't care what they do, as it's 6 one way, 1/2 a dozen the other... you'll still get the tickets you need if you want them bad enough.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    shep wrote:
    october22 wrote:

But... and hang with me on this - if 10C developed a more efficient site that sold tickets properly and could actually handle the traffic, what makes you think you'd actually be able to score more than 1 show if more than one show went on sale at a time?

I mean, have you ever actually tried that? I have on ticketmaster (not necessarily PJ shows), and it never works out the best. Usually by the time I process the order for the show I decided I want most, I am lucky to get tickets to the second, let alone good tickets (depending on demand of course).

So with the amount of tickets 10C actually has to distribute and the demand for shows like MSG... what makes you think an efficient site would help you? Let's assume the site runs efficiently and processes orders properly. Now let's consider a typical ticket sale day, where 3 shows are put on sale at the exact same time, and as usual, you have to check out 1 pair of tickets at a time... and the 3 shows are MSG 1, MSG 2, and Newark.... if the system functioned properly... do you really think you'd have the time to purchase tickets to MSG 1 (i.e. put them in your cart, select billing info, input your credit card, wait for the order to process, see the confirmation screen) and then turn around and get tickets to MSG 2 before it sells out?

with an efficient distribution system and current supply/demand issues for 10 Club tickets... fat chance. so you wind up right back at ticketmaster anyway.... and you still wind up with 1 show's worth of 10C tickets (which I think this is how it will work out for most lottery participants in the long wrong anyway.... unless PJ actually starts significantly touring again of course...)

so from my perspective, if you're a fan purchasing tickets to multiple shows, an efficient site doesn't help you. In fact the only f5 way is more in your favor as you can only hope the system jams up enough that you can get through and finish your purchase while others struggle to get tickets to the other shows into their cart.

So in my opinion - you're not advocating fixing the system at all - you want it to remain exactly as is. You're in the f5 state of mind.

Again, I'd like to state that I really don't care what they do, as it's 6 one way, 1/2 a dozen the other... you'll still get the tickets you need if you want them bad enough.

I think they are suggesting that the 'dedicated people' get their family, friends, and local tramps to log on and help them because they take it seriously....and put the 'work in'. So they can all be buying different shows.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    shep wrote:
    october22 wrote:

I think they are suggesting that the 'dedicated people' get their family, friends, and local tramps to log on and help them because they take it seriously....and put the 'work in'. So they can all be buying different shows.

BINGO.

Where there's a will there's a way
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    pdalowsky wrote:

God love those local tramps.... :lol:

That thought never crossed my mind.... thanks for the insight.

Guess you're right.

I got laughed at for taking a day off work to f5... i can just imagine how much more ridicule i'd get if I asked someone for help... :oops:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Guess you're right.

I got laughed at for taking a day off work to f5... i can just imagine how much more ridicule i'd get if I asked someone for help... :oops:
    telephone ring
    "-hello..

-hi miss Lucy,i hope you doing well..

-hello Miss Sonia

-Miss Lucy,im calling you cos im gonna need your service tomorrow,to babysit the kids
    10c has a presale for concert tickets and probably will take 10-15 hours..
    are you available...?

-sorry,i cant help you Miss Sonia..
    im a 10c member too,im gonna try to score for boston and hartford

-oh bummer..well,if you got spares ,please let me know,
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    pdalowsky wrote:
    shep wrote:
    october22 wrote:

Actually, that's exactly right. My brother and friends are members so we coordinate which shows we'll each try for. What's wrong with that? At least we could apply some control to the situation, unlike a lottery. I'm not in an "f5 state of mind" at all. I'm in a "strategy yields better results than luck" state of mind.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,933
    shep wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Guess you're right.

telephone ring
    "-hello..

-hello Miss Sonia

-Miss Lucy,im calling you cos im gonna need your service tomorrow,to babysit the kids
    are you available...?

Does Miss Lucy need a ticket buddy?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    This is ridiculous. Now in order to "deserve" tickets I've gotta ask friends and family to get online and buy tickets too? Are you people reading what you are typing?

It comes down to the new system allowing more people to participate in the ticket buying because their jobs or internet accessibility did not allow them to buy tickets in the past. The selfish folks say "F U" to those people.
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    telephone ring
    "-hello..

-hello Miss Sonia

are you available...?

Does Miss Lucy need a ticket buddy?
    ill ask!!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    This is ridiculous. Now in order to "deserve" tickets I've gotta ask friends and family to get online and buy tickets too? Are you people reading what you are typing?

It comes down to the new system allowing more people to participate in the ticket buying because their jobs or internet accessibility did not allow them to buy tickets in the past. The selfish folks say "F U" to those people.

:lol::lol:

ah dude, but youve gotta be dedicated to go to a rock show these days......

the more friends the better
  • Options

you know when the new system will give us a bigger picture why is better??
    when at the next tour presale,will read here people saying,that after all this years they finally score tix
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

:lol::lol:

ah dude, but youve gotta be dedicated to go to a rock show these days......

the more friends the better

Honestly, it's the only reason I had kids. I couldn't trust my friends and family, so I had to make my own. :lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605
    Maybe PJ is getting sick of seeing the same damn people in front of them every tour, and thought this way would get some new people for them to look at while they perform.

I can't say I feel much empathy for people complaining that they can't get 10C tix right off the bat for 8 fucking shows a tour. If you don't get them in the 10C sale, just get them somewhere else. I do not see the big deal. This new system seems the most fair for the most people to me. Not sure why anyone thinks 10C shouldn't try and get as many 10C members into at least one show vs getting some 10C members into tons of shows.... I personally appreciate 10C's priorities. Again, if you don't score on the 10C sale, there are other ways.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    october22 wrote:
    First off, this isn't one of those threads where the OP threatens to not renew and everyone says "great, better seats for me!".

I'm simply saying that I don't appreciate or agree with 10C turning the ticketing system into a gambling system. There's a reason I don't play the real lottery and I don't gamble in casinos and that is because I don't like pissing away money. But that's just what this system encourages.

I, like many of you, am only in this fan club for tickets. Sure the other stuff is cute and all but honestly, it's for the tickets. I'm happy to say that I live in the north east and have never once been shut out of a show. Why? Is it luck? No. It's because I plan for this shit. I take off work and as nerdy as it sounds, I literally sit at the computer and practice for a few days before a sale. I map out where each button is just in case the page doesn't fully load. You see, I employ this secret ingredient called EFFORT. And guess what, it fucking works!

It's not much different than back in the day when I slept outside on a sidewalk for tickets to a high demand show. If you want something bad enough, you should have to be willing to go the extra mile. People who support the lottery system are probably the same people who want to ban tag on the playground and declare both teams winners in little league games.

But back to my original point. With the new system, the chances of scoring tix are taken completely out of my control and I'm giving 10C $20 to gamble with. I'm sorry but if you look at the numbers, it's a terrible bet.

I hope I'm not alone in this and if I'm not, is there any way we can stop this system now before they actually try it for a real tour?

EVERY single time you scored tix through the F5 method, a different PAYING 10c member lost out.
    So you are complaining that leveling the playing field decreases your chances? How selfish is that?
    I'm surprised that you are not embarrassed to admit in THIS forum that this is how you feel. :fp:
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    First off, this isn't one of those threads where the OP threatens to not renew and everyone says "great, better seats for me!".

I'm simply saying that I don't appreciate or agree with 10C turning the ticketing system into a gambling system. There's a reason I don't play the real lottery and I don't gamble in casinos and that is because I don't like pissing away money. But that's just what this system encourages.

I, like many of you, am only in this fan club for tickets. Sure the other stuff is cute and all but honestly, it's for the tickets. I'm happy to say that I live in the north east and have never once been shut out of a show. Why? Is it luck? No. It's because I plan for this shit. I take off work and as nerdy as it sounds, I literally sit at the computer and practice for a few days before a sale. I map out where each button is just in case the page doesn't fully load. You see, I employ this secret ingredient called EFFORT. And guess what, it fucking works!

It's not much different than back in the day when I slept outside on a sidewalk for tickets to a high demand show. If you want something bad enough, you should have to be willing to go the extra mile. People who support the lottery system are probably the same people who want to ban tag on the playground and declare both teams winners in little league games.

But back to my original point. With the new system, the chances of scoring tix are taken completely out of my control and I'm giving 10C $20 to gamble with. I'm sorry but if you look at the numbers, it's a terrible bet.

I hope I'm not alone in this and if I'm not, is there any way we can stop this system now before they actually try it for a real tour?

EVERY single time you scored tix through the F5 method, a different PAYING 10c member lost out.
    So you are complaining that leveling the playing field decreases your chances? How selfish is that?
    I'm surprised that you are not embarrassed to admit in THIS forum that this is how you feel. :fp:
    +1
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,544
    EVERY single time you scored tix through the F5 method, a different PAYING 10c member lost out. So you are complaining that leveling the playing field decreases your chances? How selfish is that?

Except for the fact a paid membership afforded us the opportunity, not a guarantee, to score tickets. So inevitably some members would score tickets while others would not, regardless of external circumstances.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    EVERY single time you scored tix through the F5 method, a different PAYING 10c member lost out. So you are complaining that leveling the playing field decreases your chances? How selfish is that?

Except for the fact a paid membership afforded us the opportunity, not a guarantee, to score tickets. So inevitably some members would score tickets while others would not, regardless of external circumstances.
    There is a set amount of 10c tickets set aside for each show, if OP scores one pair through the F5 method, then there is one less pair of tix for some other paying 10c member to have a chance at. Perhaps not all 10c members can take a day off of work to practice their F5 skills. Everyone has an even shot now. That is all I am saying.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:

There is a set amount of 10c tickets set aside for each show, if OP scores one pair through the F5 method, then there is one less pair of tix for some other paying 10c member to have a chance at. Perhaps not all 10c members can take a day off of work to practice their F5 skills. Everyone has an even shot now. That is all I am saying.

You speak about the "F5 method" like it's taboo but you also acknowledge the issue is supply vs. demand and it's that supply vs. demand that's the reason one member scored tickets while another does not. I agree that spending hours attempting to work through a flawed process wasn't the appropriate way to go about a ticket sale; however, there's nothing inherently disadvantageous about the "F5 process" if the sale proceeds smoothly in real time without any site crashes (and naturally that's a BIG if). If the previous system ran as smoothly as a Ticketmaster sale we'd all still be using it for the upcoming tour. And if I attempted to pull up tickets during either a Ticketmaster sale or a 10C sale and was greeted with a "please try again - no stock currently available" I had the choice to either try again or not by reloading the purchase screen. Is it not reasonable to assume so if the site could handle the traffic and not be sabotaged?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    It's obvious that some of us simply disagree as to what system is better, but I don't think there is any argument when it comes to what system is the most fair to the most people. That's all it really comes down to (whatever side you of the fence you sit - on the fair for everyone side, or the fair for only me side).
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It's obvious that some of us simply disagree as to what system is better, but I don't think there is any argument when it comes to what system is the most fair to the most people. That's all it really comes down to (whatever side you of the fence you sit - on the fair for everyone side, or the fair for only me side).
    exactly
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,847
    The reality is that most shows shouldn't need a lottery. Maybe just MSG and small pre-tour shows, but not big arena shows. Ticketmaster can easily deal with a pre-sale, rather than this site.

Still, we've not had a tour yet, and I'm prepared to see how it goes first time. Good luck everyone! :thumbup:
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

The majority of the membership base will have their odds improved in a lottery system for shows in high demand, no argument from me there. Whereas in some other markets the lottery won't even come into play. Where I am left scratching my head in confusion is when someone makes the argument that the "F5 process" essentially is in poor spirit to the rest of the membership base if one purchaser is able to score tickets and the other is not...that somehow the process has been tarnished because one member chooses to reload the purchase screen several times where another might not. The process as a whole is flawed, yes, but to argue that another member was cheated or somehow deprived of tickets because another member was aggressive in reloading the page is tough to comprehend.

• Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

This is my point exactly.
    I sit in front of a computer all day every day for work, so I was pretty lucky with the F5 method. I do think that MY chances would be better with that system, but I totally think that the lottery gives more members a fair shake. Members that have paid their dues, but can't waste an entire morning (or an entire day for that matter, glued to the computer hitting F5)

Spread the Jam
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,933
    100 Pacer wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

The majority of the membership base will have their odds improved in a lottery system for shows in high demand, no argument from me there. Whereas in some other markets the lottery won't even come into play. Where I am left scratching my head in confusion is when someone makes the argument that the "F5 process" essentially is in poor spirit to the rest of the membership base if one purchaser is able to score tickets and the other is not...that somehow the process has been tarnished because one member chooses to reload the purchase screen several times where another might not. The process as a whole is flawed, yes, but to argue that another member was cheated or somehow deprived of tickets because another member was aggressive in reloading the page is tough to comprehend.

Agreed, but only so far as your case goes. As this debate has raged I have seen a few members admit they had figured out tricks to beating the system. It wasn't just being aggressive and persistent at reloading the page that was winning some members tickets. I have even seen at least one claim that anyone who didn't learn how to cheat the system is at fault. To me this is what the lottery will eliminate and that is a good thing.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."