Options

Thanks 10C, But I Don't Gamble.

Comments

• Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    no need to reward any efford..
    i pay my membership for have chance to score tix,i dont need to loose a whole day,cursing and sweating in from of a computer..
    anyway,sorry,this is old news now..lottery is the system the tix will be sold from now on
    the conversation matters now,is how they will do the details of the lottery so the system will work as best as possible

You're like a broken record with this crap. Please stop.

Why do people think that it was OK to complain until they got the system they wanted, then everyone has to stop?
    rollings wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    AKA
    rollings wrote:
    I got nothing
    This says it all imo. If you really think the hours of crashing servers, having tickets in your cart just to lose them, waiting half the day to find out when the tickets are gone when in reality they were sold out loooooong ago, and all the other bullshit that went along with the "great F5 system", was the answer you are sadly mistaken. Lots of other big acts do a lottery and I can GUARANTEE there isn't half as much complaining on their respective forums as there is here after a ticket sale.
    The old system wasn't working. Bring on the new.

You can't base your system of measurement off of complaining. The type of people who would want the lottery are also more likely to complain.
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    crazygeo wrote:
    I JUST WANT MY TWO TICKETS TO A SHOW
    PJ IS ABOUT 2-3 BIG TOURS FROM BEING DONE WITH THESE BIG TOURS OR HELLO ROLLING STONES (HAHA$700 A TIX)....
    THAT'S THE WAY IT GOES

NEW SYSTEM SUCKS
    OLD SUCKS
    IT'S ALL GETTING OLD
    WHICH SUCKS
    THEREFORE FU$K IT AND ENJOY WHAT IS LEFT

2-3 tours from being done?
    They haven't done a proper tour since Avocado...multiple nights in a handful of cities for Backspacer, a few festivals, and a couple of one-off shows...oh yeah, and that dumb Oracle thing.
    That's about it.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    MG79478 wrote:
    i pay my membership for have chance to score tix,i dont need to loose a whole day,cursing and sweating in from of a computer..
    anyway,sorry,this is old news now..lottery is the system the tix will be sold from now on
    the conversation matters now,is how they will do the details of the lottery so the system will work as best as possible

Huh? He's not entitled to his own opinion, but you are? Give me a break, man. :roll:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    MG79478 wrote:

Why do people think that it was OK to complain until they got the system they wanted, then everyone has to stop?
    you can complain till 2020..you can do what ever you like..
    the selling ticket system is the one,the band and 10c choose and this is how we will play
    i have an opinion,you like it or not ill not ask your permition for post it..
    do what ever you like with your opinion...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    MG79478 wrote:

you can complain till 2020..you can do what ever you like..
    the selling ticket system is the one,the band and 10c choose and this is how we will play
    i have an opinion,you like it or not ill not ask your permition for post it..
    do what ever you like with your opinion...

:thumbup:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    mfc2006 wrote:
    MG79478 wrote:

Huh? He's not entitled to his own opinion, but you are? Give me a break, man. :roll:

Of course he's entitled to his opinion, when did I say he shouldn't express his opinion. Do you not understand the expression about a "broken record"? It just repeats. He's already expressed this exact same opinion, and repeatedly. Makes for a pretty crappy discussion when someone just pastes their talking points repeatedly.
  • Options
    maybe it was implied by the tone of your post? asking him to please stop posting his opinion....saying he sounded like a broken record...please stop....

maybe it was also seeing the other thread where you called out 5 different people saying their thoughts and/or opinions were wrong?

either one...take your pick.

either way, the new system is what it is. take it or leave it.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    dimitrispearljam wrote:

Testing my copy paste function on my phone.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljam wrote:

Testing my copy paste function on my phone.

it works, man! :thumbup:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljam wrote:

Ricka ricka record ya'll
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    vant0037 wrote:
    october22 wrote:
    Exactly. There aren't any shows one can't get into (especially for a price (borgata comes to mind for me and it was worth every penny)) but seeing the band up close is where it's at. Which is why I preferred the old ticket system. I'll be missing all those great 10C seats...

How so? Assuming you get to buy tickets to a given show, your seats are still assigned by seniority.
    Yeah, sounds like October22 might think that seniority seating has gone out the window... I wish!!! I think seniority seating sucks!

No, I'm aware seniority is still in effect. What I'm saying is that I've had 10c tickets for every show I've ever tried to buy them for. I highly doubt relying on luck will bring the same results.
  • Options
    october22 wrote:

No, I'm aware seniority is still in effect. What I'm saying is that I've had 10c tickets for every show I've ever tried to buy them for. I highly doubt relying on luck will bring the same results.
    will not bring the same results.
    and i think 10c knows that...after we all realise what this priority your shows means
    its easy to understand they did it ,cos they want as many as different members to score the 10c tix at the shows..
    isnt the best for me that i go to more than one shows per tour,but im more than ok..
    tix will go to 10c members..more different ones..all good..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,075
    october22 wrote:

To which I'll ask once again, how do you know that the old system, using the PJ20/Canada/Europe sales as examples, didn't also operate on luck? Everyone assumes that is the case, but no one can point out anything concrete to prove that.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    People will find ways to get to as many shows as possible. That's never changed. Want to go to multiple shows? You can get it done! Remain calm, and go have a beer. IPA if you have one...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    october22 wrote:

Well maybe it is time you missed out on a some 10C tickets for a change. Gasp, the horror!

I remember missing out on 10C tickets for the Madison Square Garden 2008 show. I found tickets through Ticketmaster. In the end I was pissed I went. It just wasn't fun not being in the 10C seating with all the 10C fans around. It didn't even feel like the same band. I was thinking, is it time to move on from Pearl Jam? This music really sucks. Then for the next show I had 10C tickets and life was good again. I could smell the flowers. The sun was shining. I found $20 in my jacket pocket. My dog came back to life after dying the day before while I was at the show sitting in...God, can't even get myself to type it but oh well...Ticketmaster seats. Ahh...10C tickets.
  • Options
    october22 wrote:

Well maybe it is time you missed out on a some 10C tickets for a change. Gasp, the horror!

I remember missing out on 10C tickets for the Madison Square Garden 2008 show. I found tickets through Ticketmaster. In the end I was pissed I went. It just wasn't fun not being in the 10C seating with all the 10C fans around. It didn't even feel like the same band. I was thinking, is it time to move on from Pearl Jam? This music really sucks. Then for the next show I had 10C tickets and life was good again. I could smell the flowers. The sun was shining. I found $20 in my jacket pocket. My dog came back to life after dying the day before while I was at the show sitting in...God, can't even get myself to type it but oh well...Ticketmaster seats. Ahh...10C tickets.
    lol..
    same happened to me to MSG 08 tix,...didnt score 10c tix,and i bought via ticketmaster and ebay
  • Options
    october22 wrote:

Really? I'm trying my best not to be a dick right now but I honestly think some people here suffer from poor reading comprehension. This thread began with me stating that I liked the old system better because I had more control over acquiring 10C tickets than I will with a lottery.

What is so hard to understand about that? I'm not ranting and raving like a fucking baby and your sarcasm is asinine. It can be so frustrating to have an actual conversation on this board because there are two types of people that always stifle it; the type that can never be critical of anything Pearl Jam or 10C do (I'm looking at you Dimi, though nothing personal, you're cool) and the type that simply can't follow an argument.

And to Vant, could you elaborate a little? You've posted a few times asking for proof of how a lottery would force one to rely on luck more that the old system. Do you really think I and many other people who got 10C tickets 90% of the time in the old system will have our names drawn 90% of the time in the lottery? What proof are you asking for?
  • Options
    However, I will extend an apology to Bootlegger. Whatever, dude. I'm just annoyed at how far off the point some people can get around here and I took it out on ya a bit.
  • Options
    october22 wrote:

What is so hard to understand about that? I'm not ranting and raving like a fucking baby and your sarcasm is asinine. It can be so frustrating to have an actual conversation on this board because there are two types of people that always stifle it; the type that can never be critical of anything Pearl Jam or 10C do (I'm looking at you Dimi, though nothing personal, you're cool) and the type that simply can't follow an argument.
    ?
    you know im here in the forum alot..
    and i know how to see the difference bewteen,a guy bitchin all the time about everything.and the guy disagree with 10c or the band about something..
    you are definetely in the second category
    the thing that have in mind,and i like the new system,is that there was small details with the old system that can make it unfair...
    and always some people score tix...and some other never score..
    and ill say only this..
    i try to score tix for msg 08,msg 10..dublin10(the one most members try to score from europe 10,the rest was easier) show...
    didnt score for any of those high demand shows..
    AFTER that..i saw at ebay,with 4$ a guide book with the tittle score 10c tix for pj shows..,something like that
    i bought it,was at pdf file..i paid ,they email it to me..

result???

i score to all the shows after that 10c tix...
    PJ20-CANADA 11 - Europe 12...especially the last one...took me a minute only..
    so,no one can confince me now that f5 system was fair and has to do with how much efford you put and how much you want the tix..
    and from the lottery took all this tricks away,im all in for it..

and i agree..there is no personal things here.for me as well.we having a conversation and we having our opinion..
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    october22 wrote:
    Do you really think I and many other people who got 10C tickets 90% of the time in the old system will have our names drawn 90% of the time in the lottery?

I think so.

and this is why. Tell me if there's a flaw in what I'm saying though please.

1) The amount of 10C tickets will remain unchanged
    2) The number of people vying for tickets will remain unchanged

right?

So why wouldn't the percentages remain the same?

I've read the argument that those who got tickets, put more "effort" into getting them, but with a system that was crashing or getting clogged, etc. etc. and considering that there were people who indeed tried all day but still in the end came up empty-handed (empty-carted), I'm not sure how much of a difference that made.

I kind of assume that most fans on here tried diligently to get the tickets, and didn't just try once or twice and then give up....do you know what I mean?

I wonder if 10C has any data on the "got tickets/didn't get tickets" pool for the the vedder solo tour whose tickets were sold via lottery...
  • Options
    rollings wrote:

I wonder if 10C has any data on the "got tickets/didn't get tickets" pool for the the vedder solo tour whose tickets were sold via lottery...
    great idea...then you can see how things going on via lottery..
    missoula was lottery too,right?
  • Options
    october22 wrote:

?
    you know im here in the forum alot..
    and i know how to see the difference bewteen,a guy bitchin all the time about everything.and the guy disagree with 10c or the band about something..
    you are definetely in the second category
    the thing that have in mind,and i like the new system,is that there was small details with the old system that can make it unfair...
    and always some people score tix...and some other never score..
    and ill say only this..
    i try to score tix for msg 08,msg 10..dublin10(the one most members try to score from europe 10,the rest was easier) show...
    didnt score for any of those high demand shows..
    AFTER that..i saw at ebay,with 4$ a guide book with the tittle score 10c tix for pj shows..,something like that
    i bought it,was at pdf file..i paid ,they email it to me..

result???

i score to all the shows after that 10c tix...
    PJ20-CANADA 11 - Europe 12...especially the last one...took me a minute only..
    so,no one can confince me now that f5 system was fair and has to do with how much efford you put and how much you want the tix..
    and from the lottery took all this tricks away,im all in for it..

and i agree..there is no personal things here.for me as well.we having a conversation and we having our opinion..

See! You are the man. I appreciate the response and you make some very valid points. I see where you're coming from. I honestly thought this thread would die after about a page or two so it's definitely past it's sell-by date. Seems like most people prefer the lotto so I guess I'm in the minority. Good luck! :)
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,075
    october22 wrote:
    And to Vant, could you elaborate a little? You've posted a few times asking for proof of how a lottery would force one to rely on luck more that the old system. Do you really think I and many other people who got 10C tickets 90% of the time in the old system will have our names drawn 90% of the time in the lottery? What proof are you asking for?

Here's the best I can do: the lottery came as a result of the PJ20/Canada/Europe fiascos. So, for the purposes of argument, that has the be the "old system," because without those disasters, they would've never switched to the "new system."

My experience buying tickets in all 3 situations (because I attempted in all 3) was that my successes or failures had nothing to do with how many times I hit F5 (thousands?), what kind of computer I used (3 different sales, 3 different computers), what type of connection I had (high-speed all 3 times) or how many hours I spent trying (total? Probably over 20 for sure), or whatever variable you want to throw out there. In short, it had nothing to do with how hard I tried. It wasn't about effort. In both of the situations in which I got tickets, suddenly, inexplicably, in a way that I couldn't have predicted or even recall the steps I took immediately preceding, I got tickets. It just happened.

So then, I'm left with trying to determine what I did that worked. Was it my computer? Was it how much time I spent connected to the site? Was it a certain quote of F5 hits reached? Because I honestly have no clue and can't pinpoint what was different about the 5,653rd time I hit F5 and the 5,654th time I hit F5 that worked, it's very difficult for me to argue that it was my effort or any of the other variables that I somehow manipulated in my favor to success. That's just bad logic to say something is true because it worked a bunch of times, and yet, be unable to point out why or how it worked. That doesn't rule out luck or other factors, and thus, it doesn't explain anything.

In experience, I think there's just as much a claim to luck as there is to effort. My argument for luck is supported by a lack of evidence for effort. What's your argument for effort supported by? The fact that it resulted in getting tickets 90% of the time? It might bolster the claim, but it doesn't prove much, not without knowing how many tickets were available for each show, how many buyers there were etc.

All I'm getting at is this: there is an immense amount of bitching going on about the new system, much of it on this notion that the old system rewarded those who "tried hardest." If people are going to bitch, they should at least do it well and support their claim. No one's done that yet. Instead, it just sounds like a lot of assumptions from people who may or may not know what they're talking about (not necessarily you). And that's kind of par around here: people jump to conclusions about how bad something is and they just go on a tear. It gets old.

I think its fair to say that the old system (PJ20/Canada/Europe) wasn't working. Anyone who thinks it was is way too into pain and punishment for polite discussion. So 10c tried something new and I'm willing to give that a try, because evidence that the old way was better is sketchy at best.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    october22 wrote:

See! You are the man. I appreciate the response and you make some very valid points. I see where you're coming from. I honestly thought this thread would die after about a page or two so it's definitely past it's sell-by date. Seems like most people prefer the lotto so I guess I'm in the minority. Good luck! :)
    cheers!!!

btw...you know..its good to read different opinions..help me to think better some things..
    now you said good luck,and thinking of that luck..
    im thinking this...we know ,all of us that the system change cos of the pj20-europe fiasco..
    and now they put lottery,they did it at europe 12 prague-berlin 2,eddier shows..
    BUT..the new system now,made us to put priority to our shows...
    why??
    except the fact that different people will get the tix at every show..

why??im thinking maybe cos its higher the demad at usa shows??

OR..

maybe 10c will have less fan club tix for th upcoming usa tour..??

and saying that,cos last year...at prague and berlin,all the people i know ,score with the lottery 10c tix...
    and i know alot of 10c members from europe..we have our own pages and forum to communicatre and connection,so i know that..

just a thought...
  • Options
    vant0037 wrote:

All I'm getting at is this: there is an immense amount of bitching going on about the new system, much of it on this notion that the old system rewarded those who "tried hardest." If people are going to bitch, they should at least do it well and support their claim. No one's done that yet.
    yes..this is true..
    you cant panish someone that has to run to get his kids from school,by saying,you didnt try hard ..
    you was only 5 hours hiting f5,the other guy was 8 hours,so he deserve the tickets more cos he tried hardest
    its crazy to support the idea that for get tic for a rock show willl need,to get day off work,find a nanny,cancel all your dates,or things you need to do..sweating,swearing..i mean come on..
  • Options
    vant0037 wrote:
    october22 wrote:

Here's the best I can do: the lottery came as a result of the PJ20/Canada/Europe fiascos. So, for the purposes of argument, that has the be the "old system," because without those disasters, they would've never switched to the "new system."

My experience buying tickets in all 3 situations (because I attempted in all 3) was that my successes or failures had nothing to do with how many times I hit F5 (thousands?), what kind of computer I used (3 different sales, 3 different computers), what type of connection I had (high-speed all 3 times) or how many hours I spent trying (total? Probably over 20 for sure), or whatever variable you want to throw out there. In short, it had nothing to do with how hard I tried. It wasn't about effort. In both of the situations in which I got tickets, suddenly, inexplicably, in a way that I couldn't have predicted or even recall the steps I took immediately preceding, I got tickets. It just happened.

So then, I'm left with trying to determine what I did that worked. Was it my computer? Was it how much time I spent connected to the site? Was it a certain quote of F5 hits reached? Because I honestly have no clue and can't pinpoint what was different about the 5,653rd time I hit F5 and the 5,654th time I hit F5 that worked, it's very difficult for me to argue that it was my effort or any of the other variables that I somehow manipulated in my favor to success. That's just bad logic to say something is true because it worked a bunch of times, and yet, be unable to point out why or how it worked. That doesn't rule out luck or other factors, and thus, it doesn't explain anything.

In experience, I think there's just as much a claim to luck as there is to effort. My argument for luck is supported by a lack of evidence for effort. What's your argument for effort supported by? The fact that it resulted in getting tickets 90% of the time? It might bolster the claim, but it doesn't prove much, not without knowing how many tickets were available for each show, how many buyers there were etc.

All I'm getting at is this: there is an immense amount of bitching going on about the new system, much of it on this notion that the old system rewarded those who "tried hardest." If people are going to bitch, they should at least do it well and support their claim. No one's done that yet. Instead, it just sounds like a lot of assumptions from people who may or may not know what they're talking about (not necessarily you). And that's kind of par around here: people jump to conclusions about how bad something is and they just go on a tear. It gets old.

I think its fair to say that the old system (PJ20/Canada/Europe) wasn't working. Anyone who thinks it was is way too into pain and punishment for polite discussion. So 10c tried something new and I'm willing to give that a try, because evidence that the old way was better is sketchy at best.

Ok, totally logical and not much to argue with there but I still say the odds are worse for the individual with the lottery system simply because the number of contenders will be higher; You don't have to clear any time from your day, you don't have to remember any date or time of sale and you won't get tired of trying, thus dropping out and clearing the path for someone else's 5F to yield results (like in your case for instance). Haven't you ever come on here after a sale and read all those posts about people quitting after a half hour? I have.

Now, I'm not saying all that shit was good. I'm not saying that having to take the day off work and develop tendinitis trying to get tickets to a rock show is necessarily the best way to go about things. I would just like to have a better site to buy them from rather than a lottery. With a lotto, we'll have full saturation of every member who wants to attend the shows because everyone will throw in and we're removing the human elements of people forgetting, making mistakes, getting frustrated and countless other things. Again, I'm not trying to score tickets at someone else's expense but at least the competition favored (however slightly) those who planned ahead and stuck it out. Think about it, you didn't quit and you got tickets 2 out of 3 times. That's pretty damn good. Of course I don't have any stats on the lottery because they haven't happened yet but I say you're chances will be a hell of a lot worse than 2/3rds successful.

However, your point is well taken. I guess with the lotto we'll just have cross our fingers which should be easy since they won't be busy smashing the keyboard.
  • Options
    october22 wrote:

cheers!!!

btw...you know..its good to read different opinions..help me to think better some things..
    now you said good luck,and thinking of that luck..
    im thinking this...we know ,all of us that the system change cos of the pj20-europe fiasco..
    and now they put lottery,they did it at europe 12 prague-berlin 2,eddier shows..
    BUT..the new system now,made us to put priority to our shows...
    why??
    except the fact that different people will get the tix at every show..

why??im thinking maybe cos its higher the demad at usa shows??

OR..

maybe 10c will have less fan club tix for th upcoming usa tour..??

and saying that,cos last year...at prague and berlin,all the people i know ,score with the lottery 10c tix...
    and i know alot of 10c members from europe..we have our own pages and forum to communicatre and connection,so i know that..

just a thought...

Yeah man, no way to know about ticket allotment and I don't think we ever will. 10C probably won't release those numbers...

Wait, Euro's have their own secret fucking club???
  • Options
    october22 wrote:

Wait, Euro's have their own secret fucking club???
    we have our ways to communicate,and get organized,share spare tix,accomodations,travel plans,travel with groups,rent buses from a show to a country to another country,fan pages you find infosabout other cvountries ,forums,facebook groups..that kind of things
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    october22 wrote:
    I would just like to have a better site to buy them from rather than a lottery.
    Me? I just want a large sample size with which to test out this new system. In other words, a shitload of tourdates...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    october22 wrote:
    However, I will extend an apology to Bootlegger. Whatever, dude. I'm just annoyed at how far off the point some people can get around here and I took it out on ya a bit.

No need to apologize. If anyone should apologize it should be me for my ridiculous sarcasm.

I know it must be frustrating to switch methods when the old one worked for you. But what if people couldn't get time off of work to buy tickets at a certain time, even if the old ticket system worked without glitches? Some things should be fair and some things shouldn't. I think the ticket allocation should be fair and the lottery is probably the most fair way to do it. Unfortunately there is the downside of it being luck (but luck has always been there although people who are more computer savvy didn't need luck which I think is ridiculous).

If 2,000 people pay Ten Club fees and want to get 1 of 1,000 tickets to the Philly show, I don't think fans should be penalized from getting 10c tickets because they have to work, or they can only take a half hour off of work to try to get tickets and can't hit F5 all day. I would rather have that day off to see another show rather than use it to F5.