Options

Thanks 10C, But I Don't Gamble.

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    SPEEDY nailed it....

and thats the point of the lottery idea...

no one find a way to cheat,with possible ways,presale codes,stealing passwords,better server,better conection,more browzers,links that lead you to check out directly..etc...

pay your memebrship this year..same ,fair chances to score tix for this year shows..
    simple as that..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    shortstack wrote:
    sxwxgirl1 wrote:

yes I am the 492xxx that won the 'lottery" should I feel guilty?

From what I have read here, and obviously people having issues with ME being one of winners, I can say is that I am shocked by the childish nature and personal attacks.

PJ music brings people together, yet all I see is greed, self entitlement, and having a hate on for people based on their ### Like really? :roll:

should you feel guilty? no! absolutely not! enjoy the show!

i haven't noticed anyone personally attacking you - shame on them if they did.

but then you should also watch what you say when you call people greedy and self-entitled when you obviously don't get the point.
    Ok, I got a question for you, and everyone else. What do you call those people who went in and invaded a pre-sale yesterday that was intended for Wrigleyville residents ONLY? What do you call those people who did everything possible to STEAL a password, that was NEVER intended for them, so they could get in a pre-sale and STEAL tickets, that were intended for Wrigleyville residents ONLY? What do you call those same people who whine and bitch that scalpers steal tickets from fans, yet they go right ahead and steal tickets from Wrigleyville residents? What should we call those people?
    Greedy and self-entitled?

rat bastards.

i didn't pay much attention to the wrigley pre-sale as i was only interested in going to the london show.
    are you saying that 10c members who don't live in wrigleyville stole passwords?
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    SPEEDY nailed it....

no one find a way to cheat,with possible ways,presale codes,stealing passwords,better server,better conection,more browzers,links that lead you to check out directly..etc...

pay your memebrship this year..same ,fair chances to score tix for this year shows..
    simple as that..

do you know if there were any fans that won tickets for both wrigley AND london?
  • Options
    This whole discourse is starting to sound vaguely like the debate about the size of government. It's starting to feel contentious. Me personally, I've won some lotteries (first row at EV solo shows in the random ten club seating procedure), I've employed some F5 technique (The Vic, MSG, Spectrum), I've expended some personal connections (Irving plaza), I've attended shows in smaller markets to strengthen my seniority-based seating prospects, I happened to win GA tickets in this lottery, and I'm a fairly progressive liberal.

It's funny that we can passionately debate this. It's revealing how loyal we are to this band and their live show. And it's because of all of this that its always been a grueling feat to get in the door at a PJ show.
    Wachovia 05 -- Irving Plaza 06 -- East Rutherford II 06 -- The Vic 07 -- Lollapalooza 07 -- Camden I,II 08 -- D.C. 08 -- MSG I,II 08 -- Chicago I,II 09, Spectrum II,III,IV 09 -- SNL 2010 -- Cleavland 2010 -- MSG I 2010
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    SPEEDY nailed it....

simple as that..

do you know if there were any fans that won tickets for both wrigley AND london?
    Search some threads here, over the last 2 days, pages and pages of people trying to steal the password from the Wrigleyville residents. Just search the word "Password" and it will show you plenty of threads of people trying to invade a pre-sale, that they had NO BUSINESS participating in.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    SPEEDY nailed it....

simple as that..

yes..the ones put
    1st priority London
    2nd priority wrigley lower bowl

or

1st priority London
    2nd priority wrigley upper deck

was the ones read the damn infos how lottery works and was lucky their name picked..
    ALL 10c members..ALL fans..ALL paid members....from ALL type of numbers
    5xxx to 492xxx
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    SPEEDY nailed it....

simple as that..

yes..the ones put
    1st priority London
    2nd priority wrigley lower bowl

or

1st priority London
    2nd priority wrigley upper deck

was the ones read the damn infos how lottery works and was lucky their name picked..
    ALL 10c members..ALL fans..ALL paid members....from ALL type of numbers
    5xxx to 492xxx

i get your point and totally agree all fans (except rat bastard scalpers) deserve a chance to go no matter what their number is.

that said, it doesn't seem fair that some members got tix to two shows while other got none. (imo)
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    SPEEDY nailed it....

simple as that..

Search some threads here, over the last 2 days, pages and pages of people trying to steal the password from the Wrigleyville residents. Just search the word "Password" and it will show you plenty of threads of people trying to invade a pre-sale, that they had NO BUSINESS participating in.

ugh. no thanks.
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    sxwxgirl1 wrote:

yes I am the 492xxx that won the 'lottery" should I feel guilty?

From what I have read here, and obviously people having issues with ME being one of winners, I can say is that I am shocked by the childish nature and personal attacks.

PJ music brings people together, yet all I see is greed, self entitlement, and having a hate on for people based on their ### Like really? :roll:

should you feel guilty? no! absolutely not! enjoy the show!

i haven't noticed anyone personally attacking you - shame on them if they did.

but then you should also watch what you say when you call people greedy and self-entitled when you obviously don't get the point.
    Ok, I got a question for you, and everyone else. What do you call those people who went in and invaded a pre-sale yesterday that was intended for Wrigleyville residents ONLY? What do you call those people who did everything possible to STEAL a password, that was NEVER intended for them, so they could get in a pre-sale and STEAL tickets, that were intended for Wrigleyville residents ONLY? What do you call those same people who whine and bitch that scalpers steal tickets from fans, yet they go right ahead and steal tickets from Wrigleyville residents? What should we call those people?
    Greedy and self-entitled?

The idea of Wrigleyville only presale with a password is an antiquated notion at best. In today's world with facebook and twitter there is no possible way of that password staying a secret. This idea would have worked 15 years ago, but not today. If they want to do a Wrigleyville only presale then it has to be done in person at the Wrigley box office.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:

i get your point and totally agree all fans (except rat bastard scalpers) deserve a chance to go no matter what their number is.

that said, it doesn't seem fair that some members got tix to two shows while other got none. (imo)
    fair means all have the same chance to score...
    no matter where you from,whats your number,better server or internet,can take the day off or not,know tricks or be expert at pc or not..
    all need is to be current members of the club...enter the lottery and ofcourse have the money to buy tix..
    and from there..you cant have access to do something so get tix instead of someone else..

if you are lucky,you may win more than one...

but lets face it..with the priority the shows.10c secure almost 100% that you can score 1 pair per tour..
    cos the winners of the draw will be almost always the ones have number 1 priority at the show..
    seems they want this...more different members to win 10c tix...
    the rest of us that goes to more than one show per tour..will be hard..
    but its fine by me,from the moment i know more different fans won tix and no other fan cant do anything different to win,that just enter the lotto with the same chances as everyone
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:

no matter where you from,whats your number,better server or internet,can take the day off or not,know tricks or be expert at pc or not..
    all need is to be current members of the club...enter the lottery and ofcourse have the money to buy tix..
    and from there..you cant have access to do something so get tix instead of someone else..

but lets face it..with the priority the shows.10c secure almost 100% that you can score 1 pair per tour..
    cos the winners of the draw will be almost always the ones have number 1 priority at the show..
    but its fine by me,from the moment i know more different fans won tix and no other fan cant do anything different to win,that just enter the lotto with the same chances as everyone

with the priority the shows.10c secure almost 100% that you can score 1 pair per tour

that's not true.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    MG79478 wrote:
    steven1385 wrote:
    sorry but not all of us can take time off of work to buy tickets.

Can't or don't want to? Don't you get vacation, or is using your vacation for something else a higher priority? Do you have a job like a teacher who has trouble taking days off? In that case, can't you arrange for a someone to help? How about a friend, family member, co-worker, or maybe even the person who is taking your extra ticket?

Following your same logic, not all of us can take time off work to surf this website enough to be on when limited merchandise is released. Not all of us can take time off work to get in line at the venue at 4 AM to get to get up near the stage. Not all of us could take off work to join the 10C in 1990, so seniorty is unfair.

Lottery for all, or lottery for none.
    :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    shortstack wrote:

with the priority the shows.10c secure almost 100% that you can score 1 pair per tour

that's not true.
    why not.cos you cant win more than 1,cos tickets goes first to the ones have them number 1 priority..
    would be difficult to have ticketds left so you score to your 2ndm3rd priority
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    MG79478 wrote:
    steven1385 wrote:
    sorry but not all of us can take time off of work to buy tickets.

Can't or don't want to? Don't you get vacation, or is using your vacation for something else a higher priority? Do you have a job like a teacher who has trouble taking days off? In that case, can't you arrange for a someone to help? How about a friend, family member, co-worker, or maybe even the person who is taking your extra ticket?

Following your same logic, not all of us can take time off work to surf this website enough to be on when limited merchandise is released. Not all of us can take time off work to get in line at the venue at 4 AM to get to get up near the stage. Not all of us could take off work to join the 10C in 1990, so seniorty is unfair.

What a well thought out response, full of logic and facts. I'm not sure how I could possibly respond, as your use of an emoticon has completely disproved my argument.
  • Options
    MG79478 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    MG79478 wrote:

What a well thought out response, full of logic and facts. I'm not sure how I could possibly respond, as your use of an emoticon has completely disproved my argument.
    Emoticons are for showing emotion, not for discussing facts, FYI. That one showed what my emotional reaction was to your posts perfectly. I am done with the discussion - no point. "Lottery for all, or lottery for none"??? Again, :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293

The idea of Wrigleyville only presale with a password is an antiquated notion at best. In today's world with facebook and twitter there is no possible way of that password staying a secret. This idea would have worked 15 years ago, but not today. If they want to do a Wrigleyville only presale then it has to be done in person at the Wrigley box office.

So are you saying that if someone cannot enforce the rules, then it is OK to break them? Because the Cubs have only limited ability to control the pre-sale, it should be a free-for-all?

I agree with Speedy. As a season ticket holder, I PAY for the right to participate in the pre-sales. For the people who live in the neighborhood, they have voted in leaders that protect them from the ballpark noise and crowds and who get them benefits (like pre-sales) when there are concerts.

What gives people who aren't season ticket holders or neighborhood residents the right to use pre-sale passwords that do not belong to them? Isn't this the same as a non-10Club member asking their friend in the 10C to enter the lottery for them?

I am honestly still a bit mad that the pre-sale was such a mess yesterday. I could not get the number of tickets that I wanted to because so many scalpers or non-residents/non-season ticketholders bought tickets. The Cubs told me that they had safeguards in place to prevent that from happening, but little good that does me now. Even if they do crackdown on people and cancel orders, I will never get first crack at those seats.
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

So are you saying that if someone cannot enforce the rules, then it is OK to break them? Because the Cubs have only limited ability to control the pre-sale, it should be a free-for-all?

I agree with Speedy. As a season ticket holder, I PAY for the right to participate in the pre-sales. For the people who live in the neighborhood, they have voted in leaders that protect them from the ballpark noise and crowds and who get them benefits (like pre-sales) when there are concerts.

What gives people who aren't season ticket holders or neighborhood residents the right to use pre-sale passwords that do not belong to them? Isn't this the same as a non-10Club member asking their friend in the 10C to enter the lottery for them?

I am honestly still a bit mad that the pre-sale was such a mess yesterday. I could not get the number of tickets that I wanted to because so many scalpers or non-residents/non-season ticketholders bought tickets. The Cubs told me that they had safeguards in place to prevent that from happening, but little good that does me now. Even if they do crackdown on people and cancel orders, I will never get first crack at those seats.

No, that isn't what I am saying at all. What I am saying is exactly what I said. The idea that you are relying on people to be honest is a false hope.

If they really want it to be for Wrigleyville residents only then it needs to be done in person with identification or some other proof. What I am saying is get real and stop being idealistic. The Cubs did nobody a favor except for scalpers and a handful of honest people that got lucky.
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

Not the same. A non 10club member cannot be entered into the lottery. If you mean have a friend who is in the 10c enter even if they are not planning on going and then give those tickets to you, well that wont work either because the 10c member is the only one who can pick them up.

Again, not defending the cheaters just saying you have to realize it will happen and the Cubs need a better policy if really care.
  • Options
    butte1butte1 Posts: 379
    edited February 2013
    Spector wrote:
    I think you have a strange definition of effort or work. Hitting F5 without interruption or mapping out the location of buttons is not something I would define as actions that should give someone better ticket chances. It`s just dumb and irrational and wasting people`s time. I dont see a link between the hours you spend online and the degree you deserve a ticket. Seriously: What can be said against a system where everyone has the same ticket chances?

Everyone didn't.... ahh but that is another discussion.
    Post edited by butte1 on
    R and R Station - Mar 26, 1992 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Aug 29, 1992 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 08, 1995 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 09, 1995 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998 ** ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre (E.V. at Tibetan Freedom Concert) - Jun 13, 1999 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Oct 08, 2000 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 21, 2003 ** United Center - May 16, 2006 ** Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006 ** Riverside Theatre Milw (Eddie Solo Tour) - 2008 ** United Center - Aug 23, 2009 ** The Chicago Theatre (Eddie Solo Tour) - Jun 29, 2011 ** Orpheum Theatre MN (Eddie Solo Tour) - July 2, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Options
    butte1 wrote:
    Spector wrote:
    I think you have a strange definition of effort or work. Hitting F5 without interruption or mapping out the location of buttons is not something I would define as actions that should give someone better ticket chances. It`s just dumb and irrational and wasting people`s time. I dont see a link between the hours you spend online and the degree you deserve a ticket. Seriously: What can be said against a system where everyone has the same ticket chances?

i hope one day you can see what alot of us seeing..
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

Not the same. A non 10club member cannot be entered into the lottery. If you mean have a friend who is in the 10c enter even if they are not planning on going and then give those tickets to you, well that wont work either because the 10c member is the only one who can pick them up.

Again, not defending the cheaters just saying you have to realize it will happen and the Cubs need a better policy if really care.

All I am saying is that many people had no issue with using a pre-sale code that they had no right to.

Those same people would be pissed if they found out that they did not get 10C tickets because someone who had no intention of going to the show entered a 10C lottery for their friends (and then picked up the tickets for their friends).

In a perfect world, everyone would follow the rules. But our world of scalpers, stubhub and ebay is far from a perfect world.
  • Options
    We agree then. :D I still think if the Cubs want to do something for the locals then the internet is about as far from local as you can get for a sale. Make it a walk up thing at least. Go old school with first come first serve line. :D
  • Options
    We agree then. :D I still think if the Cubs want to do something for the locals then the internet is about as far from local as you can get for a sale. Make it a walk up thing at least. Go old school with first come first serve line. :D
    Now that I agree with. They should have just done the sale at the Wrigley box office, checking IDs against the member list.
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Emoticons are for showing emotion, not for discussing facts, FYI. That one showed what my emotional reaction was to your posts perfectly. I am done with the discussion - no point. "Lottery for all, or lottery for none"??? Again, :fp:

Oh wow, you actually thought I was serious, how cute! Of course I know what an emoticon is for. I was making fun of the fact that you can't comprehend simple and logical points, so you respond emotionally. It's a very simple question, why is the lottery fine for some applications, and not others? I'd love to hear why for venue entry, people should be rewarded for getting up early, and why the same excuses use for hating F5 don't apply. But of course you know this, and have been dodging actually addressing it, by using distracting emoticons, and then running.

Too bad you are done, I'd love to see you avoid or muddle through a response!
    butte1 wrote:

America is the land of equal opportunity, not equal outcome. Outcome should be based on the effort put in. Every 10C member had the same opportunity in the F5 system. Some honed their F5 "skills" and others left it up to chance. To those that left it up to chance, it was essentially a lottery anyway.
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

All I am saying is that many people had no issue with using a pre-sale code that they had no right to.

Those same people would be pissed if they found out that they did not get 10C tickets because someone who had no intention of going to the show entered a 10C lottery for their friends (and then picked up the tickets for their friends).

In a perfect world, everyone would follow the rules. But our world of scalpers, stubhub and ebay is far from a perfect world.

I interviewed a gentleman for a job a few years ago.... His current position, ticket runner for a scalper. The gentleman would fly or drive to said city purchase the tickets if needed and / or hand them off.

Scalpers will never be stopped unless people stop buying from them.
    This will never happen people wont stop buying from scalpers.

Question now should be how do you make it impossible to resell a 10c ticket?

Maybe if 10c goes to a system like they used at the Vic heck Lollapalooza uses.... any of those shows......
    Put a bracelet on our wrist when we pick up our tickets. I'd pay the extra buck or so for the cost of the bracelets to help ensure the 10c tickets are going to 10c members.
    You and your guest will not be able to enter without ticket and bracelet on. If it looks like either have been tampered with you are refused entry.
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....