albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • seanwonseanwon Posts: 447
    brianlux said:
    BF25394 said:
    Yeah that's sad . And also parents . Most people have kids can't they all decide it's pointless to breed another generation of people who think owning a gun is a right and is in any way sensible. 
    It's gone too far and there is no way back. That's the saddest part of all
    It's a different mentality. The father of the kid in Georgia said that he'd never been more proud than the day his kid killed a deer and had the blood smeared on his cheeks for his "first kill." Really? You've never been more proud than when your armed kid murdered a defenseless animal for sport? I understand hunting is a way of life for a lot of people, but I just don't get that level of glorification of it. Maybe if parents sent a message to kids that they're proud of them when they apply themselves in school or volunteer at the local senior-citizens home or veterans' hospital, kids might act differently.

Great post, BF.
    American Indians killed animals for food and used every part of the animal for many uses.  But they honored the animal and gave it great respect.  When today's hunters carry on the way you described, they are mocking the animal and showing total disrespect.  And the whole idea of hunting as "sport" is low-bar mentality.

“Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and esthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one.”

-Edward Abbey

Regardless if you think the 2nd amendment was misinterpreted or not, in the US, we DO have the right to own a gun. And I have already described a number of ways where having a gun is sensible/necessary. I'll take the high road and say many here must be willfully ignorant. 

I don't hunt, but anyone who celebrates a "kill" or is putting blood on their faces is an idiot.  I know a ton of hunters, and none of them do that and none of them hunt for "sport."  They hunt for food.  And trust me, some fresh venison is delicious.  Leaner than beef and much healthier for you.  And if you have a freezer full of venison steaks, burger, sausage, and cubes for stew,  you eat good all year and save a ton on groceries. 

And a proper hunter knows how to get a clean kill and the animal does not suffer.  If people have a problem with killing animals for food, I hope you are vegetarians.  Or eat that highly processed and unhealthy "impossible meats", or whatever it is called.  Stop buying meat from the supermarkets, those animals are born, and bred to be slaughtered for food. They don't have a chance. And from what I've read, I'm not sure how many are treated humanely.  Most deer live a long natural life and aren't killed by hunters.  
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
    2024: 9/3 MSG 1, 9/4 MSG 2 , 9/15 Fenway 1, 9/17 Fenway 2
  • brianlux said:
    DE4173 said:
    dbanthony said:
    Attaway77 said:
    I’m tired of people blaming guns killing people.. I don’t even like guns, but I don’t use that as an excuse like people today. I’m willing to bet if somebody broke into your home you wouldn’t mind putting a bullet inside somebody to protect your family or self.. People think guns were just invented.. how do you think you are here today complaining about them? They won wars for centuries/decades for you to exist today. Don't blame the weapon, blame the human...
    I don't think the equivalency between guns used for wars and guns used by citizens. From fhe historical end, funs used during the Revolutionary War share no resemblance with the ones today. Even in modern wars, military personnel don't just get to do whatever they want with them at any time. That's not how it works. 

This is like saying "Doctors used to cure people with opium so what's the issue with the opiod crisis today?" Just because something has historical precedent doesn't mean it's the same today as it was then or that rules, laws, and orecedents don't change as time goes on. 
    Yeah and the entire argument about guns being necessary to fend off "tyranny" is so mind blowingly stupid I can hardly stand it.

There is clearly an advantage that the gov't has with weaponry that makes anything the public can use to fight tyranny completely useless. The US soldiers could take out an entire army of Meal Team Six with a tactical nuke without even leaving their base.
    I'm not sure if I saw this here or elsewhere:

https://youtu.be/WOSqCjMRXWA?si=ZCd15VtoDoJJzFkr

Exactly!  And are these people just kidding us or are they kidding themselves?  What the hell century are they living in?

Anyway, that was a hilarious clip, thanks for posting it!
    Aren't we still doing this in Afghanistan and we still haven't won that war?  Just sayin...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    seanwon said:
    brianlux said:
    BF25394 said:
    Yeah that's sad . And also parents . Most people have kids can't they all decide it's pointless to breed another generation of people who think owning a gun is a right and is in any way sensible. 
    It's a different mentality. The father of the kid in Georgia said that he'd never been more proud than the day his kid killed a deer and had the blood smeared on his cheeks for his "first kill." Really? You've never been more proud than when your armed kid murdered a defenseless animal for sport? I understand hunting is a way of life for a lot of people, but I just don't get that level of glorification of it. Maybe if parents sent a message to kids that they're proud of them when they apply themselves in school or volunteer at the local senior-citizens home or veterans' hospital, kids might act differently.

Great post, BF.
    American Indians killed animals for food and used every part of the animal for many uses.  But they honored the animal and gave it great respect.  When today's hunters carry on the way you described, they are mocking the animal and showing total disrespect.  And the whole idea of hunting as "sport" is low-bar mentality.

“Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and esthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one.”

-Edward Abbey

Regardless if you think the 2nd amendment was misinterpreted or not, in the US, we DO have the right to own a gun. And I have already described a number of ways where having a gun is sensible/necessary. I'll take the high road and say many here must be willfully ignorant. 

I don't hunt, but anyone who celebrates a "kill" or is putting blood on their faces is an idiot.  I know a ton of hunters, and none of them do that and none of them hunt for "sport."  They hunt for food.  And trust me, some fresh venison is delicious.  Leaner than beef and much healthier for you.  And if you have a freezer full of venison steaks, burger, sausage, and cubes for stew,  you eat good all year and save a ton on groceries. 

And a proper hunter knows how to get a clean kill and the animal does not suffer.  If people have a problem with killing animals for food, I hope you are vegetarians.  Or eat that highly processed and unhealthy "impossible meats", or whatever it is called.  Stop buying meat from the supermarkets, those animals are born, and bred to be slaughtered for food. They don't have a chance. And from what I've read, I'm not sure how many are treated humanely.  Most deer live a long natural life and aren't killed by hunters.  
    you don't hunt with an AR-15...you are spouting the pro gun argument related to guns that no one has a problem with
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Spurs14Spurs14 Posts: 252
    Hunting with an AR-15 reminds me of the Monty Python sketch where the hunters use bazookas amongst other things. 
    A real hunter uses a bow and arrow anyway. 
  • Spurs14 said:
    Hunting with an AR-15 reminds me of the Monty Python sketch where the hunters use bazookas amongst other things. 
    A real hunter uses a bow and arrow anyway. 
    ned and jimbo on south park fish with hand grenades.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,376
    seanwon said:
    brianlux said:
    BF25394 said:

Great post, BF.

-Edward Abbey

I am a vegetarian.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786
    edited September 12
    seanwon said:
    brianlux said:
    BF25394 said:

Great post, BF.

-Edward Abbey

I've only known a few people in my life who did some hunting and they are/were good, decent people who were not the murderous, bloodthirsty killer types.  They also have either died (an uncle, and that father of a fellow boomer friend), or are people I lost touch with a long time ago.

Let's keep this straight: don't get the idea I hate all people who hunt.  But anyone who hunts today is someone doing something I would not understand at this time in history.  Wildlife is being decimated by hunting, loss of habitat, climate change, etc.  It is also out of balance.  Deer populations in many places, for example, are out of control due to predators being killed off.  Wolfs, coyotes, mountain lion have all been slaughtered and poisoned.  

I believe the less meat we eat the better, but I don't tell anyone what to eat.

As for eating venison, good luck.  Better yet, be careful.  There is a parasite in venison that is suspected- actually, some who study these things believe it is inevitable- will mutate to a form that will produce a toxin that, if ingested, will be incurably lethal.  Seriously, you might what do do a little research into that.  It's no bullshit.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• There isn't a need to hunt at all. 
    Nobody needs a gun. Full stop
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • There isn't a need to hunt at all. 
    I have guns for Ze Germans...
    Ze Germans on Make a GIF
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,642
    There isn't a need to hunt at all. 
    Um, this is an odd opinion. So your for factory farming? Yuck. I'd prefer that hunting be the norm for meat eaters, but there's too many people for that so I'm all for hunters who actually get their own food by hunting. Nothing wrong with owning a rifle or shotgun for hunting purposes.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    Um, this is an odd opinion. So your for factory farming? Yuck. I'd prefer that hunting be the norm for meat eaters, but there's too many people for that so I'm all for hunters who actually get their own food by hunting. Nothing wrong with owning a rifle or shotgun for hunting purposes.
    Don't need to eat animals at all.
    edited September 13
    BF25394 said:
    tbergs said:
    I understand that, but being against hunting is odd to me. I'm about 99% vegan besides meat I either hunt or raise myself because I do it sustainably. We have chickens and I will take my son deer hunting because it's something he wants to do. Grew up hunting and eating the meat we raised on the farm. I probably eat less than 5 pounds of meat a year since we don't often need to kill any chickens and I only eat some of the venison.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281
    tbergs said:
    BF25394 said:
    tbergs said:
    I understand that, but being against hunting is odd to me. I'm about 99% vegan besides meat I either hunt or raise myself because I do it sustainably. We have chickens and I will take my son deer hunting because it's something he wants to do. Grew up hunting and eating the meat we raised on the farm. I probably eat less than 5 pounds of meat a year since we don't often need to kill any chickens and I only eat some of the venison.
    Just curious, why bother raising chickens if you almost never kill them and eat them?
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    BF25394 said:
    tbergs said:
    Just curious, why bother raising chickens if you almost never kill them and eat them?
    Eggs. We eat and sell them. If we get an occasional rooster in the hatching, we'll raise it and then I butcher it because 1 rooster is enough 😅.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    tbergs said:
    BF25394 said:
    tbergs said:
    I don't hunt but I don't have a problem with hunting. I honestly wish we wouldn't eat as much beef and pork as those animals are intelligent.

But I still eat beef and pork. Just not very often.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281
    edited September 13
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    BF25394 said:
    tbergs said:
    Eggs. We eat and sell them. If we get an occasional rooster in the hatching, we'll raise it and then I butcher it because 1 rooster is enough 😅.
    I first assumed eggs, but you said you're vegan. 
    My sister in laws family has some chickens and the number of eggs they lay are crazy. Wouldn't know what to do with the many unless we ate eggs every single day.
    seanwon said:
    brianlux said:
    BF25394 said:

Great post, BF.

-Edward Abbey

you don't hunt with an AR-15...you are spouting the pro gun argument related to guns that no one has a problem with
    And I've already said multiple times I support banning ARs, bump stocks, etc.  I'm not spouting, I'm trying to educate people who are absolutely against guns who think they serve no purpose. Obviously, that's not you.
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    edited September 13
    nvm. pointless
    Post edited by seanwon on

tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    BF25394 said:
    tbergs said:
    Yup. I rarely eat meat also, I'm about 80% vegetarian.  Eggs are a diabetics best friend. No sugar, half gram of carbs, and loaded with nutrients, healthy fat, and protein.
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    BF25394 said:
    tbergs said:
    I first assumed eggs, but you said you're vegan. 
    My sister in laws family has some chickens and the number of eggs they lay are crazy. Wouldn't know what to do with the many unless we ate eggs every single day.
    Falls in line with my choice on meat so I eat them because we raise them. When we had 2 dozen hens it was insanely hard to keep up with eating/selling. I think we were getting 7 dozen eggs a week for a while, but we're down to about 14 hens now and as they age they lay less. Peak early spring/summer we get about 8 -10 a day. Right now, around 5. Nice thing now is that we have a barter system with a local brewery because of my wife's connection with the owners so they give us a credit of $5/dozen and their employees get to take home fresh eggs whenever we have extras to bring in. I don't think we've paid out of pocket to have a few beers there in the past 2 - 3 years 🐔 = 🍻.
  • tbergs said:
    Use a bow and arrow or a catapult then
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    BF25394 said:
    tbergs said:
    please tell me you named him Little Jerry Seinfeld.

tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    BF25394 said:
    tbergs said:
    No, Cookie because his feather colors made him look like an oreo when he was a chick, and then he started crowing...
  • tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    BF25394 said:
    tbergs said:
    No, Cookie because his feather colors made him look like an oreo when he was a chick, and then he started crowing...
    cookie monster would be a good cock fighting name. if he ever needed one.

• tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    BF25394 said:
    tbergs said:
    cookie monster would be a good cock fighting name. if he ever needed one.
    on second thought, the best cock fighting name is probably Cocky Balboa.

• Another “responsible” gun owner exercising their rights, eh?

Teen shot while asking permission to take homecoming photos on property, sheriff says

The homeowner’s boyfriend confronted the teen and shot him while he was in his car writing a note to leave at the house, authorities say.

A teenager was writing a note asking permission to use a property for a homecoming photo shoot when the landowner’s boyfriend confronted him for trespassing and shot him in the face, authorities said.

Brent Metz, 38, was charged with four felonies — first-degree assault, illegal discharge of a firearm and two counts of menacing — as well as two misdemeanor counts of reckless endangerment in the latest in a string of incidents in which well-meaning or accidental visitors find themselves on the wrong end of a gun.

Although prosecutors argued for a cash bond, a judge allowed Metz, who is an elected member of the Mountain View, Colo., town council, to leave jail by promising to return for future court appearances. He faces decades in prison if convicted.

Colorado law allows people to use “reasonable and appropriate physical force” to defend property but only allows deadly force when they have to defend themselves or another person.

Metz and his lawyer did not immediately respond Friday to requests for comment from The Washington Post.

The teen survived and has been released from the hospital.

Around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday in Littleton, Colo., the teenager who would end up getting shot picked up another boy from Dakota Ridge High School in his white Audi S4, Jefferson County sheriff’s deputy Caleb Harman wrote in a sworn affidavit for Metz’s arrest. The two have known each other since they were children since their parents are good friends.

The teens drove to the idyllic Ken-Caryl Ranch before heading southwest up Deer Creek Canyon to the “high valley,” Harman said in the affidavit. There they saw a house with a lake and a dock that caught their eye and decided to ask the homeowner for permission to take pictures near the lake.

The boys, whose names were redacted in court documents, walked up the driveway to the house to knock on the door and, when there was no answer, returned back down the driveway to the car, Harman said. They got inside so that one of them could get a piece of paper from a notebook and write a note to the homeowner pleading their case, he added.

What the boys didn’t know was that even though nobody was home, the property owner had called Jefferson County emergency communications and her boyfriend to report them as trespassers, and both Metz and deputies were on their way, authorities said.

Metz got there first, Harman said in his affidavit.

As one of them was writing the note, the boys saw a black GMC Sierra pickup truck pull up behind them, blocking them in, Harman said. The driver allegedly got out, walked toward the front of the Audi, pulled a gun from his holster and pointed it at them.

Then they heard the sound of a gunshot and saw the windshield shatter, Harman said.

The boy who was uninjured heard his friend scream “I was going to die!” and Metz say, “Oh s---, my gun went off,” according to the deputy.

After the shooting, the boy got out of the passenger seat, took off his shirt and ran to his friend to apply pressure to his gunshot wound, Harman said. Metz tried to help, but the teen pushed him away, asking him why he had shot his friend, the deputy added.

Harman arrived at the property at 4:28 p.m. to find one of the boys was “bleeding heavily from his face and had blood running down his arm.” One of the boys told him that Metz had fired the gun, and when Harman checked with Metz, he didn’t answer, saying he wanted to speak with his lawyer. Harman asked where the gun was “for officer safety purposes,” and Metz directed him to the inside of the GMC pickup.

Harman handcuffed Metz and eventually took him to the Jefferson County Detention facility.

Last year in April, a White man in Kansas City allegedly shot a Black teenager who mistakenly rang his doorbell instead of another house where he was supposed to pick up his younger siblings. The man, Andrew Lester, who was 84 at the time, said he shot Ralph Yarl, then 16, because he was “scared to death” when the teen came to his front door.

Lester has been charged with two felonies in connection with the shooting, according to the criminal complaint filed in a Missouri circuit court. His case is still pending trial.

Later that month, a 20-year-old woman was shot dead when she and her friends accidentally pulled into the wrong driveway in Upstate New York as they were searching for their friend’s house. The homeowner, then 65-year-old Kevin Monahan, was convicted in January of second-degree murder and later sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.

Metz was elected to the Mountain View town council in 2023. While campaigning, he filled out a Ballotpedia candidate survey telling people about his past and his vision for Mountain View, an enclave of about 550 people nestled in 60 acres and surrounded by the city of Denver.

“Public safety is absolutely important to me,” he wrote in the survey, “and I have a no nonsense outlook to behavior that will harm our residents as well as my family.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2024/09/13/colorado-teen-shooting-homecoming-pictures/

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786
    tbergs said:

Sorry if it seems I am getting in the middle of this, but I want to point out that there is an option that lies between factory farming and hunting, which is small independent farms do not utilize cruelty the way factory farms do (except for killing.  I can't think of killing as not cruel, but some methods are far less cruel than others).  Obviously, not eating meat is the least cruel, but there are farms that are far less cruel than factory farming.

I agree that there are too many people to have only hunting be the means to procure meat.  But I also think there are too many people for almost anyone to hunt for meat.  All but a very few people in very specific places can hunt without impacting our already over-stressed ecosystems.  In today's world, I'm surprised that is no obvious.  

But then, I'm always surprised that people in general are only concerned with human needs and don't see that environmental issues have to be resolved first for there to continue to be human-related issues. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,547
    seanwon said:
    brianlux said:
    BF25394 said:

Great post, BF.

-Edward Abbey

2a was written with ambiguity, and I am not sure if the first two phrases are proper English. Usually, writers place the words with the highest importance at the beginning of their sentences, as is the below. If so, not sure anyone should say with certainty what their gun rights are.

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,”
    seanwon said:
    brianlux said:
    BF25394 said:

Great post, BF.

-Edward Abbey

2a was written with ambiguity, and I am not sure if the first two phrases are proper English. Usually, writers place the words with the highest importance at the beginning of their sentences, as is the below. If so, not sure anyone should say with certainty what their gun rights are.

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,”
    I think his point is that, while interpretations of the Second Amendment may differ, the Supreme Court has interpreted it to unambiguously support an individual right to own a gun. I think this is an incorrect and ahistorical interpretation of the amendment, but it is the current state of the law despite what I think.