NHL Playoffs 2012 Edition

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    lukin2006 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    How is Crosby acting like a punk?

did you even watch yesterday's game?

Yeah actually I did...it started off as old time hockey...then went down hill from there...

what are they pissed because he pushed some guys glove...so now he's a punk.

That crap has been going on since the beginning...and certainly as long as I've been watching the game.

As far as I'm concerned it was the American owners who wanted fighting out of the game and the removal of the instigator rule...when that that stuff was eliminated the head shots and bush league stuff showed up in the game.

I know the vast majority of Canadian hockey fans have no problem with fighting in the game. I much prefer that the players police the game themselves...and I'm pretty sure the skill players will look awesome in the post season as well.

The glove thing is BS but i can deal with that

The other crap is ridiculous...keeps yapping then starts throwing when a linesman gets there

Dude has no balls whatsoever

I know you love the guy but come on you can't defend him in this series
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I don't know if anyone has been watching the Devs/Panthers Series, but two whole games have been played without a fight.

Really.
    Yeah, no one is watching that series, lol. Even sports broadcasters seem to have all but forgotten about it. :lol:

I watched the Devils/Panthers yesterday. Brings back lots of trauma from 90s playoff series. :(

Can't believe Jovanoski is still playing

That dude has been around

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    We can all sit here and call so and so a punk...bottom line probably none or most of us have never played the game at a high enough level to really know what goes on...but as far I'm concerned the hacking and whacking with sticks and the pushing after whistles is a disgrace and very bush league...the entire league is guilty of this.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    We can all sit here and call so and so a punk...bottom line probably none or most of us have never played the game at a high enough level to really know what goes on...but as far I'm concerned the hacking and whacking with sticks and the pushing after whistles is a disgrace and very bush league...the entire league is guilty of this.

I agree

In the playoffs it gets amped up even more..compund that with the rivalries its down right nasty

Curious to see how things go in Game 4..I'm sure the refs will be very tough in the early going

I honestly want Neal to play

:corn:

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    81 wrote:
    it's funny, cause the annoucers were all saying schenn's hit was good. of course the refs game him two for charging. :fp:

what are these liberties on crosby that you speak of...link? if he were to stop acting like a punk, maybe the flyers would stop trying to fight him.

i watched it on tsn ... the announcer said the penalty was deserving ... he ran the guy and left his feet ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djukr02Sedw about the 43 second mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6yYQ-Lw ... re=related ... same guy ...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:
    it's funny, cause the annoucers were all saying schenn's hit was good. of course the refs game him two for charging. :fp:

what are these liberties on crosby that you speak of...link? if he were to stop acting like a punk, maybe the flyers would stop trying to fight him.

i watched it on tsn ... the announcer said the penalty was deserving ... he ran the guy and left his feet ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djukr02Sedw about the 43 second mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6yYQ-Lw ... re=related ... same guy ...

imo...it looks like he left the ice post contact
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    In other NHL news, Daniel Sedin is going to have a full practice and might play game 4. don't agree with this. the guy has a concussion and they should let him rest and come back next year cause I don't see them coming back this series.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=393363
    fife wrote:
    First off the Schenn hit was bad but what Asham did was much worse.

secondly, I don't see how you can say that the Flyers have taken liberties on Crosby. have they hit him? YES. but have they tried to hurt him as much as the Pens have tried to hurt the Flyer players? NO

look ... i'm telling it like i see it ... i know you guys are flyers fans but i find it hilarious that you guys want to pretend like your seem clean hockey team ... :lol::lol:

i got no love for pittsburgh ... they aren't innocent of anything and i already stated that asham deserves whatever he gets ... but the reality is that the nhl is a bush league now where star players are getting abused because scrubs are being paid to do it and they aren't held accountable ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7uB7EE2_7M

This is the big scrum...he continued to go for puck after goalie covered it...that's done all the time...he was surrounded by flyers after that...he was pushing back before the linesman arrived.

I didn't really see much evidence in that video of Crosby waiting for the linesman to bail him out.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

81 wrote:
    imo...it looks like he left the ice post contact

well ... i don't see it that way ... when you factor in the intensity of the series so far ... it shouldn't come as a surprise when someone comes looking for payback ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:
    First off the Schenn hit was bad but what Asham did was much worse.

secondly, I don't see how you can say that the Flyers have taken liberties on Crosby. have they hit him? YES. but have they tried to hurt him as much as the Pens have tried to hurt the Flyer players? NO

look ... i'm telling it like i see it ... i know you guys are flyers fans but i find it hilarious that you guys want to pretend like your seem clean hockey team ... :lol::lol:

i got no love for pittsburgh ... they aren't innocent of anything and i already stated that asham deserves whatever he gets ... but the reality is that the nhl is a bush league now where star players are getting abused because scrubs are being paid to do it and they aren't held accountable ...

I don't think you heard any of us say that the Flyers are the cleanest team in the NHL but we atleast get punished for it. I agree that the NHL has to fix it but call it fair.

i have said that I did believe the Shenn hit was not clean and he deserved a penalty but I also believe that Neile should have gotten one too for the hit to the head. OI think Crosby deserved to get a penalty for punching the flyers player in the back of the head 2 times.
    fife wrote:
    In other NHL news, Daniel Sedin is going to have a full practice and might play game 4. don't agree with this. the guy has a concussion and they should let him rest and come back next year cause I don't see them coming back this series.

why can't they come back...and if I'm a Vancouver fan and he's healthy he should play...and if they win game 4 they'll be back home for game 5 win that and the series on.

Philly came back 2 years ago...Detroit was down 3-0 tied the series against the Sharks last year.

I sure hope the Canucks aren't thinking it's over.

lukin2006 wrote:
    fife wrote:

why can't they come back...and if I'm a Vancouver fan and he's healthy he should play...and if they win game 4 they'll be back home for game 5 win that and the series on.

Philly came back 2 years ago...Detroit was down 3-0 tied the series against the Sharks last year.

your right they can come back but I don't see it happening. the Cunucks have had a hard time scoring for the past 2 months and are getting about 2 goals a game. they won't beat quick 4 games with scoring like that.

Secondly, i am believe that Sedin suffered a set back in his recovery from the concussion and maybe just maybe they are trying to save this playoff and bring him back early which for me is stupid.

but yes yoru are right they still can come back to win.
    fife wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    fife wrote:

your right they can come back but I don't see it happening. the Cunucks have had a hard time scoring for the past 2 months and are getting about 2 goals a game. they won't beat quick 4 games with scoring like that.

Secondly, i am believe that Sedin suffered a set back in his recovery from the concussion and maybe just maybe they are trying to save this playoff and bring him back early which for me is stupid.

but yes yoru are right they still can come back to win.

Personally I doubt the Canucks would jeopardize their franchise player...and with Daniel in the lineup he gives their offense a big boast. I would say no don't play him if they weren't in the games...but every game through the first 2 periods they are in the games. Trading for Kasien has turned out to be a huge mistake, they could really use Cody's offense now...and I still think Kassien has some developing to do.

The odds aren't in their favor but Vancouver has to believe they can win.

first pens suspension...no suprise there....we all knew it was coming

NEW YORK -- Pittsburgh Penguins forward Craig Adams has been suspended for one game and Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma has been fined $10,000 for Adams' actions in the final five minutes of Sunday's Eastern Conference Quarterfinal playoff game against the Flyers in Philadelphia, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

Adams instigated a fight at 15:18 of the third period. He was assessed a minor penalty for instigating, a major penalty for fighting and a game misconduct.

Both Adams' suspension and Bylsma's fine are automatic for violation of NHL Rule 46.12 – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime), and as outlined by NHL Rule 46.22.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Go Sens Go

Don Cherry on Coach's Corner tonight...to paraphrase "if you don't like what's going on in hockey, take up tennis" :P . Love it.

I'll post when CBC post. He also defends Crosby :o.

Coach's Corner: In Defence of Crosby

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynightinc ... 2223645631

• uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Thank you Rangers. I can't stand Ottawa.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Lucic is a putz
    I'm watching the other game, what did Lucic do?
    Nevermind, just caught the replay.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Nevermind, just caught the replay.

Hes just dumb. Hes let Washington goat him into 3 penalties tonight because he's a hot head
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    king henry and boyle..nuff said tonight
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    lukin2006 wrote:

:lol:

some defense...... :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I just love Phiilly fans bitching about goon hockey...didn't they lead the way in the 70's...try in the 80's and 90's.

And for those of us who have watched hockey before 1990...other than the head shots...the rough stuff is quite amusing...

81 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

:lol:

some defense...... :roll:

that's about as much defense Cherry will give anyone not named Orr.

lukin2006 wrote:
    I just love Phiilly fans bitching about goon hockey...didn't they lead the way in the 70's...try in the 80's and 90's.

And for those of us who have watched hockey before 1990...other than the head shots...the rough stuff is quite amusing...

i don't mind rough stuff, or hard hits. cheap shots to the throat are uncalled for. chucking a glove is little leage, and pulling hair is girls league. grow a set and throw down, don't be doing that bullshit stuff that we have been seeing. that's all i'm saying

sucks that we have to wait for wed for game 4. i want it tommorrow. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

i don't mind rough stuff, or hard hits. cheap shots to the throat are uncalled for. chucking a glove is little leage, and pulling hair is girls league. grow a set and throw down, don't be doing that bullshit stuff that we have been seeing. that's all i'm saying

sucks that we have to wait for wed for game 4. i want it tommorrow. :lol:

Both teams are guilty...hockey is unique in that they allow a lot of hacking and whacking and post whistle scrums. Big deal he push pushed the goves away. With the exception of head shots the junk taking place today is rather tame.

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    lukin2006 wrote:

Grapes speaks the truth.