NHL Playoffs 2012 Edition

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    big night of games..sweeet

plus i can relax until tomorrow night :corn:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    love the wings tonight ....the nucks..... and the pens
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    big night of games..sweeet

plus i can relax until tomorrow night :corn:

Only one series is worth watching...

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Something ironic about that joke of a $2,500 max CBA fine to Weber... NHL players have to pay a $2,500 privilege tax to the state of Tennessee for every away game they play there (capping out after 3 visits per year). So, Zetterberg has paid the state of Tennessee 3 times Weber's fine just for the "privilege" of playing the Predators this season. http://www.columbussports.com/content/writers/kayleigh_curtis/the-tennessee-privilege-tax-and-why-it-sucks.shtml

I never knew that. That is fucking crazy! Is there anything that government won't tax???

The craziest thing is that it's a $2,500 tax for every player regardless of salary. So, if you get called up from the minors for a game in Nashville (even if you are a backup goalie and don't sniff the ice), you are out $2,500, same as an $8 million dollar a year player. I only know about it, because Brian Rafalski was trying to fight it when they put it into effect. http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2010/3/26/1392444/tennessees-privilege-tax-draws
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    MFCarissa wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Something ironic about that joke of a $2,500 max CBA fine to Weber... NHL players have to pay a $2,500 privilege tax to the state of Tennessee for every away game they play there (capping out after 3 visits per year). So, Zetterberg has paid the state of Tennessee 3 times Weber's fine just for the "privilege" of playing the Predators this season. http://www.columbussports.com/content/writers/kayleigh_curtis/the-tennessee-privilege-tax-and-why-it-sucks.shtml

I never knew that. That is fucking crazy! Is there anything that government won't tax???

The craziest thing is that it's a $2,500 tax for every player regardless of salary. So, if you get called up from the minors for a game in Nashville (even if you are a backup goalie and don't sniff the ice), you are out $2,500, same as an $8 million dollar a year player. I only know about it, because Brian Rafalski was trying to fight it when they put it into effect. http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2010/3/26/1392444/tennessees-privilege-tax-draws

Love the ridiculous taxes from the red states. :lol: (sorry about the politics, but it's fucking hilarious)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Could we please re-sign Darren McCarty for one game to beat the ever-loving piss out of Weber. I guarantee he could still do it.

Bert set the tone pretty good and early. Great games scary in the end with the preds coming close. Back to the Joe ...

i know 2-1 score right now for LA but got a feeling they might take this series...
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    You wouldn't know Jonathan Quick was the goaltender with a 1.8 million dollar cap hit by watching this series. Things aren't looking good for Vancouver.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    :cry:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :cry:

yup pretty much ...

you guys see any major upset tomorrow night?
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    We apologize in advance for anyone this tweet offends: #LAKings lead series 2-0
    https://twitter.com/#!/LAKings/status/1 ... 0746521600

:lol::lol::mrgreen:

we better not fuck it up in la
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    norm wrote:
    We apologize in advance for anyone this tweet offends: #LAKings lead series 2-0
    https://twitter.com/#!/LAKings/status/1 ... 0746521600

:lol::lol::mrgreen:

we better not fuck it up in la
    :lol: not all canucks fans are poor sports. That was funny.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    The latest edition of Sports Illustrated had a quick NHL playoff preview. The had Vancouver and Nashville in the West. And Pittsburgh and Boston in the east with Pittsburgh beating Vancouver in the finals :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    The latest edition of Sports Illustrated had a quick NHL playoff preview. The had Vancouver and Nashville in the West. And Pittsburgh and Boston in the east with Pittsburgh beating Vancouver in the finals :lol:

Long way to go in both series. Flyers have been mediocre at home all year.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

exactly....gone be HUGE game for both road teams. not quite do or die yet, but close. you know both the canucks and pens are gonna come out fired up
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    81 wrote:

exactly....gone be HUGE game for both road teams. not quite do or die yet, but close. you know both the canucks and pens are gonna come out fired up

true dat. Can't forget a few years bak when the Flyers came back from a 3-0 deficit and beat the Bruins in 7 games ;)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Pittsburgh and Canuck fans Boston lost first 2 at home last year and look at how it ended for them.

The Canucks really need Daniel back...but it wouldn't surprise me if he's done for the season. I think Crawford starts tomorrow.

Pittsburgh need to play a little D and get better goaltending.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Near the end of coach's corner Don gives the explanation for Weber's action...and he made a point of saying what Weber did was wrong.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynightinc ... 2222305498
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    went out for beers and wings last night to watch play-off hockey in the bar

this time of year rocks

thank you Bertuzzi for giving Detroit fans their pound of flesh
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    wow ... are the games tight or what!?? ... it seems like half the games are going into OT ... awesome ..

can't believe how rough the series are getting ... i partly blame shanny for that ... his joke of a call on weber pretty much meant it was open season ... he's got a lot of video to review ...

gotta say - liked seeing boyle get punched ... if you are going to play the role of dirtbag - you have to suffer the consequences ... that's old school hockey ... good to see ottawa taking it to the rangers on that front ...
    I blame The NHL for it being open season...remove the instigator rule...incidents like Weber would be fewer and if you take liberties you'll pay.

Note to Detroit...if you're going to call yourself hockey town you might want to try filling those empty seats in the lower bowl...just saying.

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Could Nashville catch any more breaks?
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Note to Detroit...if you're going to call yourself hockey town you might want to try filling those empty seats in the lower bowl...just saying.

It's been sold out for days. Can't help if people go pee and get beer.
    MFCarissa wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Those in the lower bowl are likely season ticket holders for whatever reason are not at the game...not that many people are in the washrooms/concessions. Never see a Canadian rink with empty seats at playoff times...especially if one called themselves hockey town.

lukin2006 wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Those in the lower bowl are likely season ticket holders for whatever reason are not at the game...not that many people are in the washrooms/concessions. Never see a Canadian rink with empty seats at playoff times...especially if one called themselves hockey town.

Probably business owned tickets or something. I don't see what that has to do with anything. If they are sold, they are sold. If they are wasting them, that's a shame. They should give them to me and my friends.
    Totally dominant for 2/3 of the game and still lost...The Wings are in trouble
    I thought Nashville was better in period 1...the second even and the 3rd to the Wings...but most importantly Nashville was 1 goal better.

Bruce Beadrue on CBC seem to insinuate that the shot counter for Detroit was upping Detroits shot total. Maybe he doesn't know that only shots the goalie saves count as shots.

But really for the building to empty out the way it did with 2 minutes left...the hockey town logo should be removed :P

Pens vs Philly now...this will be a great game.

lukin2006 wrote:
    But really for the building to empty out the way it did with 2 minutes left...the hockey town logo should be removed :P

Do I sense some bitterness that by the end of the next week or so, there won't be any Canadian teams competeing for their own trophy? :D