NHL Playoffs 2012 Edition

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    lukin2006 wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Note to Detroit...if you're going to call yourself hockey town you might want to try filling those empty seats in the lower bowl...just saying.

It's been sold out for days. Can't help if people go pee and get beer.

Those in the lower bowl are likely season ticket holders for whatever reason are not at the game...not that many people are in the washrooms/concessions. Never see a Canadian rink with empty seats at playoff times...especially if one called themselves hockey town.
    It's more likely the work of a very unsuccessful ticket reseller actually.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    When did Pittsburgh trade for Steve Mason?
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Heisenberg wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    But really for the building to empty out the way it did with 2 minutes left...the hockey town logo should be removed :P

Do I sense some bitterness that by the end of the next week or so, there won't be any Canadian teams competeing for their own trophy? :D

Not at all...Ottawa can win that series. I still am confident that the Canucks can win.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Old Time Hockey in Philly love it.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Defense? What's that? Goaltending? No idea either...
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    fleury is horrible ... he's single-handedly lost this series for pitsburgh ... full credit to philly who are just bringing it but fleury is choking it up ...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    CBC reporting that Cory Schneider will be in net for Canucks for tonight's Game Three
    polaris_x wrote:
    fleury is horrible ... he's single-handedly lost this series for pitsburgh ... full credit to philly who are just bringing it but fleury is choking it up ...

Fleury is one of the most bi-polar goalies I've ever seen. When he's on, he's amazing. But when he's off, he's really REALLY bad. His defense has done him no favors this series either though.
    Over/under on 10 total players left on both benches by the end of this game? I'll take the under.
    norm wrote:
    CBC reporting that Cory Schneider will be in net for Canucks for tonight's Game Three

Not surprised.

• EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    If the Pens want to have any chance of winning this game let alone the series, they need their veteran leadership to step up now. Fleury needs to calm down, Malkin needs to take over and put some damn shots on net instead of missing wide 4 or 5 times in the first.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,017
    norm wrote:

hasn't been Lous fault for the losses.
    but need a shake up for sure....

got 6 canucks in the playoff pool....
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
    Pitt needs to get Fleury out of there...

This is a gong show.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    Go Preds. :mrgreen:

Can't believe they held on. That 2 on 1 was a real dagger.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    congrats to the panthers for their first playoff win in 15 years.

pretty cool to see the fans litter the ice with the plastic rats at the end there. shades of 1996!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    rival. wrote:
    congrats to the panthers for their first playoff win in 15 years.

pretty cool to see the fans litter the ice with the plastic rats at the end there. shades of 1996!

:twisted:

Fuck that 96 team and their goddam rats delaying the game 10 minutes after every goal and their players not getting called for any holding or interference penalties. Not that I hold a grudge...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    nhl has gone way bush league ... can thank shanny and the refs for that ... there have been more blatant head shots this year than the last decade combined ... brutal ...
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    shanny was on nyc sports radio...what a dope he sounded like
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    shanny was on nyc sports radio...what a dope he sounded like

he is a dope ... i'm all for old-school hockey but it can't continue like this ... guys are too strong and fast and when you combine the equipment being lighter and harder ... it's a recipe for disaster ... the nhl has to protect the players from each other ... if you let it degenerate into what this playoffs has been - it's taking the game down the toilet ...

having said that ... if you are going to cheap shot star players (looking at you boyle) then you better be prepared to defend yourself ... i give props to weber for fighting bertuzzi ... it got settled ... done with ... move on ... play the game ...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    edited April 2012
    Ugh. FUCK ME IN THE BRAAAIIIIIN!!

And WHAT is with the refs?? They were terrible, especially in the last 2 minutes of the game - that delay of game penalty was bullshit.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Hope the Sens bring the intensity tonight, no excuse to take out our captain.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Hearing for Andrew Shaw is today. I honestly have zero idea what to expect from Shanahan....nothing he has done has made sense.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Hearing for Andrew Shaw is today. I honestly have zero idea what to expect from Shanahan....nothing he has done has made sense.

considering he is not a star in the NHL he will get 3 games. now Neale from the pens will get a fine while attacking 2 players heads
    Why is it such a tough decision for the NHL to ban head shots? And maybe it's time to hold the teams accountable as well. Maybe monetary penalties/lowering their cap limit for a season or two and the removal of draft picks after each season based on players suspensions on their team.

No doubt this season/playoff the headshots have been bad.

How much of lack of discipline is Shanny/Bettmans fault or the directions that they are receiving at the board of governors meetings?

I also really don't see the discipline aspect changing any time soon. If they didn't crack down after Crosby took some serious headshots then it's unlikely they're going to. It's obvious to me that it's in all teams best interest to want your most marketable players healthy and playing.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    fife wrote:

considering he is not a star in the NHL he will get 3 games. now Neale from the pens will get a fine while attacking 2 players heads

Probably...the whole thing is a fucking mess.
    Photos: NHL's Sunday, bloody Sunday caps mayhem weekend

Read more: http://www.windsorstar.com/sports/Photo ... z1sEPOPRbT

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I didn't see much dirty play on Sunday ... of course, I just watched the Wings / Preds.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Jason P wrote:
    I didn't see much dirty play on Sunday ... of course, I just watched the Wings / Preds.

Go to Youtube and type in Aaron Asham Schenn
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers