Options

NHL Playoffs 2012 Edition

1262728293032»

Comments

• Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107

they needed nyr kings .....new jersey ..nobody cares but the few fans
    Yes but for that to happen, one of those teams needed to be good enough :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Jason P wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    It doesn't help when one of the teams involved is located where hockey is relatively unknown.

they don't know about hockey in new jersey? seems strange :?
    Ha. ;)

I lived is SoCal for several years and I still remember the total amount of hockey conversations I had with the common populace ... zero.

Come to think of it, after spending more then a decade on the west coast, I think that total is still zero. :?

you could say that for a lot of places.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    81 wrote:
    yeah, you have a point. I guess you have to live near places where the residents don't seem to concerned with second-hand smoke and like Friday fish frys in order to talk about hockey.
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Jason P wrote:
    81 wrote:
    yeah, you have a point. I guess you have to live near places where the residents don't seem to concerned with second-hand smoke and like Friday fish frys in order to talk about hockey.

Try being a fan of the Dallas Stars.

When I come across other Stars fans in public, I give them - at the very least - a high five. Some complete strangers have gotten a hug from me for being hockey fans.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,965
    Hexie hoisting the cup :mrgreen:
    146212651.jpg
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    146212651.jpg
    :lol::lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    146212651.jpg

Damn, I missed that. Very well deserved! He came so close in '87 winning the Conn Smythe.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    this one is for the fixer

303550_10150860085382466_659235556_.jpg

;):lol:
  • Options
  • Options
    alright i'm almost done...a couple pics from the rally yesterday :mrgreen:

good turnout for the parade
    601023_3838348393109_233809869_n.jpg
    hardware
    534112_3838361073426_942147826_n.jpg
    champions
    577729_3838367833595_581538090_n.jpg
  • Options
    This is old news, norm. It's time to stop living in the past and move on. Free agency is only a few weeks away.

;)
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    This is old news, norm. It's time to stop living in the past and move on. Free agency is only a few weeks away.

;)

Homer.gif
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:

;)

Whatevs! You party it up, norm! :)

Next!"
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,896
    edited June 2012
    Still in a complete sense of amazement since Monday. Having been a kid during the Gretzky era, I've waited a long time for this, since sharing season tickets back in the Forum days and interning for the team back in grad school when Brown was a rookie and Luc was still playing. It was an absolute dream come true when I found a ticket a couple hours before Game 6 and got to be there. Here are my scenes from the Stanley Cup Finals...

With Kelly Hrudey (who was my favorite goalie until Quick stood on his head during the playoffs) before Game 3.
    kchrudey.jpg

Scenes from Game 6.

kcg6.jpg

With Dustin Penner at the Dodger game Wednesday. He shaved his beard into a serious 'stache.

kcpenner-1.jpg

Matt Greene in full uniform at the Dodger game on Wednesday.

greener.jpg
    Post edited by kasedoug on
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,896
    Because it's the Cup.

bcup.jpg

Highlight of the rally was Quick dropping f bombs. "Look at this f'n team..."

quickrally.jpg

Coming out of the rally, I really liked how this shot turned out of the Gretzky statue with 2012 Champs on the videoboard.

gretzstatue2.jpg

I went to a dozen games this year, the first of which was the home opener where the Kings routed STL 5-0. Basking in the glow of the victory, my friend and I thought aloud that this could possibly be a good year but never in my wildest imagination did I really think it could come true after the ups and downs of the season. Still amazed with the biggest smile on my face. :D
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Screw the Kings. They suck.

congrats. it was a long season. :lol:
  • Options
    Marty stays put as a Devil. Good move.
  • Options
    Looks like the Wild won the FA lotto ... although they are going to be pretty tied to the cap for the next ten years. I was hoping Suter would sign with Detroit, but so be it. Gives me more time to curse Ericsson and a few extra minutes to grab a beer after he lets a winger skate by and score. :) :fp:

Plus, Suter now plays for a team with the dumbest name in sports and the worst looking sweaters in the league. :lol:
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    Funny that the owners just proposed the players take a much smaller % of revenues yet they keep signing players to these 13-14 year contracts for $100M.
  • Options
    Holy shit! Is it hockey season yet?

I'm soooooooo boooooooooooored. Summertime sports are the worst.

Next!"
  • Options
    An amazing tribute to Ruslan Salei where an artist tells a life story using sand in real time.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/must-see-ruslan-salei-life-celebrated-sand-art-153653039--nhl.html
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    are they fucking close yet?
    Pffffffft
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life