81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    DS1119 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Coach's Corner: In Defence of Crosby

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynightinc ... 2223645631

Grapes speaks the truth.

He tells it like it is...I don't always agree with him, but totally enjoy his show...enjoy both him and Ron especially like it when Ron interviews Bettman, he goes right after Bettman, no host of a sport in other leagues would have the cocunuts to ask the commissioner the tough questions.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    I don't have too many problems with the Penguins play - the cross check to the throat bothered me a lot. The other stuff is just silly, and I see it mostly as their self destructing, which is only helping us. I'm glad the Flyers have maintained their composure while still defending themselves so far.

Yeah, the Flyers are the stereotypical goons of the league, we know. That has nothing to do with this team.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I don't have too many problems with the Penguins play - the cross check to the throat bothered me a lot. The other stuff is just silly, and I see it mostly as their self destructing, which is only helping us. I'm glad the Flyers have maintained their composure while still defending themselves so far.

Yeah, the Flyers are the stereotypical goons of the league, we know. That has nothing to do with this team.

What are you talking about ?

This team plays just the the teams in the 70's

:roll: :lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Playoffs Already Fraught with Heavy Hits

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/TV_Shows ... 2223459033
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    in other shanny news
    Washington forward Nicklas Backstrom faces a hearing with the Department of Player Safety on Tuesday afternoon for the match penalty he received after cross-checking Boston's Rich Peverley in the waning seconds of the Bruins' 4-3 Game 4 victory Monday night at Verizon Center.

Backstrom is suspended for Game 4 pending a review of the incident by the League's Department of Player Safety.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Shanahan suspends Shaw 3 games....what a fucking joke this guy is.

That was the hit on the PHX Goalie ?

• pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684

I wouldn't call it a hit as much as I would say contact with the goalie. Giving him a five min major and game misconduct was enough. If Shea weber can deliberately try and smash a guys head into the glass and only get a $2500 fine this should've been nothing...what a jackass shanahan is
    pjfan021 wrote:

I wouldn't call it a hit as much as I would say contact with the goalie. Giving him a five min major and game misconduct was enough. If Shea weber can deliberately try and smash a guys head into the glass and only get a $2500 fine this should've been nothing...what a jackass shanahan is

Exactly. It's just so inconsistent and makes zero sense. I don't even know what else to say about it anymore. It's a fucking embarassment to the NHL.
    pjfan021 wrote:

Yikes

yeah it was so bad the goalie stayed in the game

From the officiating in each game to Shanahan its been a horrible time for the league right now

makes zero sense.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=628346

All I can say is that he made zero attempt to avoid contact.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    JK_Livin wrote:

shanahan is a joke ... 1 game max ... but he's not a "star" player so therefore ... he's gonna try and make up for his previously shitty rulings by over-penalizing this guy ...
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

shanahan is a joke ... 1 game max ... but he's not a "star" player so therefore ... he's gonna try and make up for his previously shitty rulings by over-penalizing this guy ...

haha, true. shaw got 1 game for himself, a game for weber, and a game for neal (who's gonna get off).

I agree with the consensus, the rulings have been a joke. The playoffs have been incredible though.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    The Fixer wrote:
    The playoffs have been incredible though.

Nothing like it. Only just getting started too. :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • DocHinchyDocHinchy Posts: 125
    Life long Blackhawk fan. I agree, 3 games? There was no intention.
    I`ve been around hockey all my life - Dad was drafted by Detoit (played some games), spent most time in minors, playing, then as playing coach (oldtime hockey), then straight coaching. The game changes. He says goaltenders should tend goal, the crease is there for a reason. Now goalies want to come out and play the puck, some like Smith are throwing head fakes. As soon as they do this they are no longer goalies but acting as a player and should be treated as such, this is a contact sport - keep your head up!
    DocHinchy wrote:
    I`ve been around hockey all my life - Dad was drafted by Detoit (played some games), spent most time in minors, playing, then as playing coach (oldtime hockey), then straight coaching. The game changes. He says goaltenders should tend goal, the crease is there for a reason. Now goalies want to come out and play the puck, some like Smith are throwing head fakes. As soon as they do this they are no longer goalies but acting as a player and should be treated as such, this is a contact sport - keep your head up!
    Just saw that highlight of Patrick Roy skating the puck to the red line. So if goalies want to try this they get a free pass? I know it`s a dumb thing todo but the question still remains.
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    When a puck is dumped in and the goalie plays it behind the net what's the guy supposed to do? What he did wasn't intentional and there wasn't room to do much. Smith gets the oscar for best dramatic performance
    JK_Livin wrote:

If you mean Shaw made zero attempt I disagree. It`s Smith following thru with his pass that takes his head into contact. Shaw doesn`t change his line, if Smith doesn`t turn into him there`s no contact.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I couldn't agree more...when the skill players are allowed to display thier skill the game can be a thing of beauty. I go back to last years game 7 Vancouver vs. Chicago...still one of the best games I've ever seen.

Please don't make me think about that game. :evil:
    Here that! Had to get a new playstation controller after that - had to throw something.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    DocHinchy wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I couldn't agree more...when the skill players are allowed to display thier skill the game can be a thing of beauty. I go back to last years game 7 Vancouver vs. Chicago...still one of the best games I've ever seen.

Please don't make me think about that game. :evil:
    Here that! Had to get a new playstation controller after that - had to throw something.

Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh. :wave:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    DocHinchy wrote:

No intention at all. It would be one thing if Shaw went in there and just laid out the goalie, but that wasn't the case. For Shaw to get 3 games and Weber to get a fine for what he did just boggles my fucking mind. This Shanahan thing better only last for 1 year....
    Quick start again, is Florida gonna come back?
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    DocHinchy wrote:

No intention at all. It would be one thing if Shaw went in there and just laid out the goalie, but that wasn't the case. For Shaw to get 3 games and Weber to get a fine for what he did just boggles my fucking mind. This Shanahan thing better only last for 1 year....

I don't understand this suspension, and never will. You can't make and example of someone after the playoffs have started. There have been numerous far more severe hits this postseason without any games lost. You start changing the game when you are not consistent with your suspensions and fines. It has to be called the same, that's all I'm saying. Bullshit! Suspend Smith for terrible acting then also.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    seriously Detroit? That was some of the worst defense Ive ever seen
    norm wrote:

now how many games will this fucking scumbag Torres get? Hawks didn't even get a penalty out of it either.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:

now how many games will this fucking scumbag Torres get? Hawks didn't even get a penalty out of it either.

if i were in charge, the rest of the playoffs...only way you'll get it to stop is make the penalty hurt...he didn't need to leave his feet...it would have been a solid hit if he hadn't jammed his shoulder into hossa