NHL Playoffs 2012 Edition

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    @FriedgeHNIC According to multiple reports, Hossa taken by ambulance to hospital.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    Stupid Nashville :x
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Neal gets one game, asham 4
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    well Nashville/Detroit is over

Detroit has outplayed them and has more talent

Nashville has what it needs to win the series, the better goalie and the better defensive structure

that 2nd Nashville goal was down right embarrassing, 3 players trailing Erat and Howard selling out too, leaving Klein open in front of the net with that wide open

and the first goal wasn't much better
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Brutal late hit on Hossa from Torres tonight. I hope Hossa is alright.
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    smarchee wrote:
    well Nashville/Detroit is over

Detroit has outplayed them and has more talent

Nashville has what it needs to win the series, the better goalie and the better defensive structure

that 2nd Nashville goal was down right embarrassing, 3 players trailing Erat and Howard selling out too, leaving Klein open in front of the net with that wide open

and the first goal wasn't much better

That was so damn pathetic. It made me sick to keep seeing the replay of that.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
    81 wrote:
    @FriedgeHNIC According to multiple reports, Hossa taken by ambulance to hospital.
    winger Marian Hossa has left Northwestern Memorial Hospital. He did not comment to a reporter as he left in a waiting car
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    Torres should get a solid 10 games if not an indefinite suspension....absolutely ridiculous and if shanahan wants to make an example out of anyone, here's his golden opportunity. What a bullshit hit. Saw that the commissioner is at the UC watching the game, he better have a talk with shanahan.
    norm wrote:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=84578&start=7260#p4364177

:P

:lol::lol::lol::lol: gonna be a fun one tommorrow

hopefully, the Flyers can send them golfing
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Raffi Torres hit on Marian Hossa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2mX7LqBGo4

I say 1-3 games...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    That was Brutal Detroit game...I think the Zamboni driver only had to scrap half the ice...the worst part for Detroit is now 2 day off...benefits Nashville...Suter and Weber over 30 minutes in tonight's game and Nashville playing essentially 5 defensemen in Detroit. They'll be refreshed Friday.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    lukin2006 wrote:

I say 1-3 games...

1 game? seriously? you'd be OK with that?

i think it's a 5 gamer. still miffed that hagelin got three for accidentally getting his elbow up while finishing a check.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    norm wrote:

the top comment is spot on: "If the Flyers blow this series, it's nothing but that covers fault."
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    My hotel has. Vs. And cnbc..sweet overtime right now

Brutal hit on hoss a..wow

If hags got 3 .....I mean really

And I can even watch the. NYR tomorrow night in here :D
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    rival. wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I say 1-3 games...

1 game? seriously? you'd be OK with that?

i think it's a 5 gamer. still miffed that hagelin got three for accidentally getting his elbow up while finishing a check.

I'm guessing that's what the league will hand down...their just no consistency to their rulings...

The TSN panel seems to think Torres will get a lengthy suspension...these playoffs have bee brutal.

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I don't know if Shanahan has his hands tied with these penalties or not but in no way should the severity of an injury determine the length of suspension. That it's even considered is awful. Players will start faking stretcher rides and anything else if they really want a player out.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    http://deadspin.com/5902899/marian-hoss ... ffi-torres

The Coyotes announcers felt it was a clean hit :shock:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    JK_Livin wrote:
    disgraceful

Those announcers should be fired

Torres should have the book throw at him. He should be done for the playoffs and a few games into next season. That was so bushleague, which is not surprising from a player that plays on the wrong side of the line.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    JK_Livin wrote:
    disgraceful

Torres should have the book throw at him. He should be done for the playoffs and a few games into next season. That was so bushleague, which is not surprising from a player that plays on the wrong side of the line.

Wow...what a joke those announcers are. It's one thing being a homer, but that'sjust fucking ridiculous.

Torres had a suspension earlier this year too so Shanny better throw the fucking book at him.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    JK_Livin wrote:
    disgraceful

Wow...what a joke those announcers are. It's one thing being a homer, but that'sjust fucking ridiculous.

Torres had a suspension earlier this year too so Shanny better throw the fucking book at him.
    +1
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    hmmm ... i just spent a few minutes watching the torres hit ... i think if we took this hit outside of these playoffs and it didn't involve the two people that it did ... it would be a borderline suspension to the league ... but the main factor here is torres leaving his feet which means he was aiming to hit high ... as a repeat offender - i would say he's done for the playoffs ...

http://thestar.blogs.com/thespin/

anyways - i got some rule changes ...

1. post-whistle scrums: players are to disperse upon blowing of the whistle ... if the referee in his opinion determines that one person or team instigates the continuation of a scrum - the proceeding faceoff will be held in that team's zone and that team will not be allowed to make line changes (similar to icing) ...

2. team fines: if a player on a team receives a penalty and/or suspension that includes one of the attempt to injure infractions - the team will incur a fine that starts at $25,000 and will escalate by a factor of 2 for each subsequent infraction incurred within a regular season and playoffs
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    detroit just looks awful in their own zone ... pekka rinne is awesome ... and wow ... florida is shocking right now although i was never really sold on jersey this year ... that series is going 6 or 7 ...
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    Heisenberg wrote:
    seriously Detroit? That was some of the worst defense Ive ever seen

Ha yeah, that was ugly. 3 guys + the goalie all chasing the puck. :lol::lol::lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    The Torres hit was ridiculous. Not sure when we can stop blaming Shanahan and start just blaming the players. I mean they're the ones doing it. I have no love for Hossa but that was a dirty hit.

Nice to see the Pens pay the price. Obviously tonight is a golden opportunity for the Fly-guys.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    He left his feet and has a bad history ... and Shanny is already taking all sorts of heat ... I think Torres is done for this year.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I see the Red Wings are continuing the tradition of running into super hot goalies in the playoffs ...

Jimmy Howard hasn't been the same since his injury earlier this year. Even after the refs spotted the Wings a goal, they still scored twice very quickly. I don't know what he was thinking on the second goal ...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    The Torres hit was ridiculous. Not sure when we can stop blaming Shanahan and start just blaming the players. I mean they're the ones doing it. I have no love for Hossa but that was a dirty hit.

Nice to see the Pens pay the price. Obviously tonight is a golden opportunity for the Fly-guys.

It's definitely on the players, but Shanahan needs to send a message that this type of shit isn't going to fly anymore. Fucking Torres....it was one year to the day when Torres knocked out Seabrook in last year's playoffs with a head shot.
    polaris_x wrote:
    hmmm ... i just spent a few minutes watching the torres hit ... i think if we took this hit outside of these playoffs and it didn't involve the two people that it did ... it would be a borderline suspension to the league ... but the main factor here is torres leaving his feet which means he was aiming to hit high ... as a repeat offender - i would say he's done for the playoffs ...

http://thestar.blogs.com/thespin/

anyways - i got some rule changes ...

1. post-whistle scrums: players are to disperse upon blowing of the whistle ... if the referee in his opinion determines that one person or team instigates the continuation of a scrum - the proceeding faceoff will be held in that team's zone and that team will not be allowed to make line changes (similar to icing) ...

2. team fines: if a player on a team receives a penalty and/or suspension that includes one of the attempt to injure infractions - the team will incur a fine that starts at $25,000 and will escalate by a factor of 2 for each subsequent infraction incurred within a regular season and playoffs

I like your rule changes.

How about remove Shanahan.