Options

NHL Playoffs 2012 Edition

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Love the double ot game...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    81 wrote:
    Just read on twitter

The NHL is on pace for its 7th consecutive yr of record revenue

Projected to bring in $3.2 billion by the end of the playoffs

:thumbup:
    Hopefully they don't get stupid with a lockout

Thats the rumors right now come Sept

:(
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,758
    Brutal 2nd period for the Blackhawks. Torres is taking runs at just about everybody on the Hawks. Someone needs to knock that clown on his ass.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    Just read on twitter

The NHL is on pace for its 7th consecutive yr of record revenue

Projected to bring in $3.2 billion by the end of the playoffs

:thumbup:
    Hopefully they don't get stupid with a lockout

Thats the rumors right now come Sept

:(

:fp:

i sure hope not. i don't care what they do over the summer, but damn...don't be fuckin up the game. :nono:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Brutal 2nd period for the Blackhawks. Torres is taking runs at just about everybody on the Hawks. Someone needs to knock that clown on his ass.

outside of the nashville/detroit game last night....refs are eating whistles
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    B's checked Ovie into and through the boards last which led to an OT win along with good goaltending from TT.

GO BRUINS!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    It's ONLY one game but...
    Hockey_Girl_by_Deca.jpg

The Bruins carried the big stick last night and the big shot in OT. It's going to be tough to repeat but they are off to a good start.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Playoffs finally start tonight...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Enjoy the game tonight.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Enjoy the game tonight.
    Thanks dude... the kids first playoff game... they have no idea :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Enjoy the game tonight.
    Thanks dude... the kids first playoff game... they have no idea :lol:
    I'm a leafs fan who's never been to a playoff game. *I* have no idea.
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    now that we know that its only cost $2,500 to smash a guys face into the boards, how long before more people do this to say a Sid.

what a joke of decision.
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    now that we know that its only cost $2,500 to smash a guys face into the boards, how long before more people do this to say a Sid.

what a joke of decision.

i'd smash malkin's face first...the pens have some ugly looking dudes on their team.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Smashing Malkin's face would probably improve his appearance.
  • Options
    fife wrote:

what a joke of decision.

I agree if that's the cost for that penalty, we may just see more of that kind of physicality. That was a joke but that's the way of the hockey game I gather. :nono:

hockey_fight.gif

Peace

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    The 2500 Weber got was the maximum allowed under the CBA fine wise. So the only punishment they could dole out is suspension. Why are people so surprised with the ruling? The NHL has always been inconsistant.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:
    The 2500 Weber got was the maximum allowed under the CBA fine wise. So the only punishment they could dole out is suspension. Why are people so surprised with the ruling? The NHL has always been inconsistant.

i don't think anyone is surprised ... we just think it's a joke ... especially considering weber is a repeat offender
  • Options
    Well that's the NHL...it's a unique sport in the sense that they allow hacking and whacking with hockey sticks and all the post whistle non sense. I agree Weber should have got a 1 game suspension...but he didn't...I'm pretty sure if Weber does it again he'll get suspended multiple games.

I think if the NHL was serious they'd clean up the stick work, get rid of the post whistle stuff and most importantly force a change in the type of equipment used so these guys aren't whereing body and able to use it as a weapon.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Well that's the NHL...it's a unique sport in the sense that they allow hacking and whacking with hockey sticks and all the post whistle non sense. I agree Weber should have got a 1 game suspension...but he didn't...I'm pretty sure if Weber does it again he'll get suspended multiple games.

I think if the NHL was serious they'd clean up the stick work, get rid of the post whistle stuff and most importantly force a change in the type of equipment used so these guys aren't whereing body and able to use it as a weapon.

yeah ... i think hockey is the greatest game out there ... playing and watching but it does bug me that the nhl has become a bush league of sorts ... where skill is superseded by cheap plays ... it's like after every whistle ... guys are doling out cheap shots to star players ... it's about getting under the other team's skin ... extra hacks and running the goalie ... just play the fucking game ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

yeah ... i think hockey is the greatest game out there ... playing and watching but it does bug me that the nhl has become a bush league of sorts ... where skill is superseded by cheap plays ... it's like after every whistle ... guys are doling out cheap shots to star players ... it's about getting under the other team's skin ... extra hacks and running the goalie ... just play the fucking game ...

I couldn't agree more...when the skill players are allowed to display thier skill the game can be a thing of beauty. I go back to last years game 7 Vancouver vs. Chicago...still one of the best games I've ever seen.

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,579
    Love all the games being on TV, but it's hard to keep track of the OT games when 2 are on at the same time. I missed all the OT goals last night. :roll: :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I couldn't agree more...when the skill players are allowed to display thier skill the game can be a thing of beauty. I go back to last years game 7 Vancouver vs. Chicago...still one of the best games I've ever seen.

Please don't make me think about that game. :evil:
  • Options
    Love all the games being on TV, but it's hard to keep track of the OT games when 2 are on at the same time. I missed all the OT goals last night. :roll: :lol:

i just missed seeing the boston one live....flipped it one just after the goal

i did see the double OT goal...i was hoping for a 3rd or 4th OT :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Please don't make me think about that game. :evil:

It was such a great game I forgot who won...who did win? :P

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,990
    good game last night between Chicago and Phoenix.

C'Mon Wings!!!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Is Shea Weber Mocking The Red Wings?

20120412160618_2012-0412-dg-wings02.jpg

This was on 97.1 the ticket in Detroit website...they've been pretty funny the last couple days...I don't think anyone's hockey knowledge on that radio station goes before 1991. For the most part hockey violence today is way down compared to 80's, 70's and before...but to here them the NHL is just out of control :lol::lol:. Hell go back to some of those Montreal vs. Quebec playoff series...heck more shenanigans went on in 1 of those playoff rounds than will go in an entire playoffs. Anyways the stations good for a laugh...

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,990
    Should be a good game tonight. Missed Wednesdays due to poker tourney.

I expect goonish like behaviour tonight - cant wait. Love to see Bert do that to one of their top players....
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Something ironic about that joke of a $2,500 max CBA fine to Weber... NHL players have to pay a $2,500 privilege tax to the state of Tennessee for every away game they play there (capping out after 3 visits per year). So, Zetterberg has paid the state of Tennessee 3 times Weber's fine just for the "privilege" of playing the Predators this season. http://www.columbussports.com/content/writers/kayleigh_curtis/the-tennessee-privilege-tax-and-why-it-sucks.shtml
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Could we please re-sign Darren McCarty for one game to beat the ever-loving piss out of Weber. I guarantee he could still do it.
  • Options
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Something ironic about that joke of a $2,500 max CBA fine to Weber... NHL players have to pay a $2,500 privilege tax to the state of Tennessee for every away game they play there (capping out after 3 visits per year). So, Zetterberg has paid the state of Tennessee 3 times Weber's fine just for the "privilege" of playing the Predators this season. http://www.columbussports.com/content/writers/kayleigh_curtis/the-tennessee-privilege-tax-and-why-it-sucks.shtml

I never knew that. That is fucking crazy! Is there anything that government won't tax???